Welcome to our guide to the top treehouse rentals in Florida in 2024, across the Sunshine State!
My boyfriend and I love Florida beaches, and this summer, we decided to check out its oceanfront treehouses for a relaxing weekend getaway. We checked out tons of online reviews, got tips from locals, and, most importantly, we stayed in these treehouses, to really understand what they offer.
We found awesome treehouse rentals in Florida in all kinds of places, from the busy streets of Miami and St. Petersburg to the chill spots in St. Augustine, Danville, and some hidden gems along the coast. These treehouses aren’t just places to stay – they have amazing views and a special charm.
After exploring and living in them, we’ve picked out the top seven treehouses in Florida. We looked at everything – how cool the amenities are, if the places are comfy, where they’re located, how nice the hosts are, and what you get for your money. Trust us, they’re all about giving you an unforgettable time.
So, if you’re looking for the perfect treehouse to rent in Florida, we’ve got you covered. The ones we’ve listed here are the best of the best, guaranteeing you an awesome experience, no matter which one you pick.
The Treehouse at St Petersburg – Best Romantic Getaway Treehouse Rental for Couples in Florida
Source: booking.com The Treehouse at St Petersburg
The Treehouse at St Petersburg, a standout among treehouse rentals in Florida, was our pick for its vibrant setting. This Florida treehouse rental, in a prime neighborhood, offers close access to stores, restaurants, St Paul’s church, and downtown St Petersburg.
We loved staying at this cozy treehouse which felt like home, with a spacious living area, a fully-equipped kitchen, and all the amenities needed for a relaxing few days away. My boyfriend especially liked the yard, which had well-kept outdoor furniture, and was great for soaking in the Florida sun.
Joan, our host at the Treehouse at St Petersburg, maintained excellent communication throughout our trip, ensuring a comfortable stay at this Florida treehouse rental.
Don’t miss the chance to experience this comfortable treehouse townhouse, which we regard as the best treehouse rental in Florida. Here’s why:
- The amenities: The treehouse has terrific amenities like a fully-equipped kitchen, air conditioning, private parking, free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV in the living room, a linen closet stocked with bed and bath essentials, and much more.
- The outdoor activities: Guests can go swimming in the treehouse’s outdoor swimming pool, cook dinner on the BBQ grill, play tennis on the court, and go hiking on nearby trails.
- The location: The treehouse’s great location is close to the nearest airport, St Paul’s church, and downtown St Petersburg which has terrific restaurants, stores, a barber shop, and a pier nearby.
Our experience at the Treehouse at St Petersburg was nearly flawless, though guests should note the limited privacy due to its location above the owner’s garage.
- The treehouse is well-maintained, clean and has comfortable living spaces.
- There’s a patio and a beautiful small garden on the side of the treehouse.
- The host is terrific and remains in contact with guests during their stay.
- The treehouse has all the necessary amenities in the kitchen, bedrooms, and bathrooms.
- Ample parking space available.
- The treehouse is above the owner’s garage, so guests won’t have complete privacy here.
Overall, the Treehouse at St Petersburg is a top recommendation for those seeking a peaceful treehouse in Florida, perfect for small groups and couples.
Also read: Dive into the Southern charm with Georgia’s enchanting treehouses.
Like a Treehouse Overlooking the River – Best Family-Friendly Florida Airbnb with Scenic Live Oak Views
Source: vrbo.com Like a Treehouse Overlooking the River
My boyfriend and I were visiting Florida with our families and came across the treehouse on the Weeki Wachee River, which is a terrific rental. The treehouse-style house overlooks the river and is located minutes from Rogers Park and Pine Island, where guests can try many outdoor activities.
We loved the beautiful treehouse, which was sheltered under the shade of live oak trees and had a private deck overlooking the outdoor fire pit. Our family especially enjoyed the spacious interiors, which had two bedrooms with a queen size bed in each and a fully-equipped kitchen with all modern amenities, which made cooking meals a fun experience.
In addition, our host, Dawn, was amazing and stayed in touch with us throughout our stay in case we had any issues.
The treehouse overlooking the river is one of the best Florida treehouse rentals for families, and here’s why:
- The indoor spaces: The treehouse comfortably houses up to four people from its two bedrooms (one with an indoor patio), a full bath, a kitchen with all the essentials, a deck, and a fire pit.
- The outdoor activities: Guests can take the owner’s kayaks and canoes on the river, plus beach chairs, beach towels, and umbrellas to nearby beaches in Rogers Park.
- The wildlife: The river is home to abundant marine life, such as sheepshead, mullet, blue crabs and manatees and hawks, eagles, and tropical birds that frequent the area.
Our stay here was without any troubles, but something that could use improvement was the state of the beds, which were well-lived in. However, this isn’t a deal breaker since some people may prefer lived-in furniture.
- The treehouse is immaculate, well-furnished, and has all the amenities needed for your stay.
- The host is friendly and responds quickly to any problems guests face.
- The house overlooks the river and offers serene views from all around.
- The treehouse has ample parking space in its front yard.
- Guests can visit the nearby beaches with equipment provided by the owner.
- The queen beds are somewhat uncomfortable from repeated use.
- The treehouse is in the middle of the neighborhood, so it can get loud at night from houses nearby.
Overall, this is the best treehouse in Florida for families and small groups looking for a getaway close to the water.
The AMI Treehouse at Bradenton Beach – Beachfront Getaway near Florida Keys, Ideal for Beach Lovers
Source: booking.com The AMI Treehouse at Bradenton Beach
My boyfriend and I were looking for a beachfront treehouse location and came across the AMI Treehouse on a local’s recommendation. We ended up having the best time at this treehouse, which is minutes from Bradenton beach, while Holmes beach and Cortez beach are a few blocks away.
We loved the interiors of this treehouse, which included two full bedrooms, a cozy living room, and a great kitchen equipped with all the necessary appliances. The best part was the balcony and terrace, which were great for enjoying a meal outdoors or a morning coffee.
In addition, the host is responsive and ensures guests have all they need for a comfortable stay.
So make sure to book the AMI Treehouse for your next beach weekend, as it’s one of the best treehouses in Florida. Here’s why:
- The amenities: The treehouse has a gas grill, great air conditioning, a stainless steel refrigerator and oven in the kitchen, towels and bed linens, and beach equipment for guests to borrow.
- The comfortable spaces: The house has a spacious living room, two cozy bedrooms, an outdoor seating area on the private balcony, a terrace, and ample parking space on the ground floor.
- The beaches: Guests can access terrific, clean beaches a few blocks from the treehouse, which offer miles of beautiful sand and safe waters.
One negative about our stay here was that the next-door neighbor was not welcoming and was known to remain hostile with guests during their stay.
- The treehouse is clean, well-furnished, and equipped with all the amenities you need.
- The host is helpful and responsive throughout your stay.
- The treehouse offers a comfy space to relax from its spacious bedrooms and living area.
- There’s ample parking space below the treehouse.
- The owners provide all beach equipment for guests to borrow.
- The next-door neighbor is unfriendly.
- The thermostat in the treehouse is difficult to adjust, so the house stays somewhat warm.
Overall, the AMI Treehouse is an amazing treehouse in Florida for folks looking for a beachfront location.
Treehouse (Gypsy Palace) – Charming Beachfront Victorian Treehouse Rental, Perfect VRBO Choice in Florida
Source: vrbo.com Treehouse (Gypsy Palace)
My boyfriend and I rented the Gypsy Palace treehouse on our last trip to Florida and had the most amazing time at this beachfront location. The treehouse opens directly onto the beach from its South side deck and is minutes from the charming St. Augustine, a historic city in Florida that guests will love exploring.
We enjoyed the treehouse’s roomy interiors, with large windows letting in plenty of sunlight, a comfortable living room, and two bedrooms that sleep up to five people. My boyfriend particularly loved the outdoor shower, which was perfect for rinsing off the sand after a day at the beach.
Our host was Danny, who was very hospitable and responsive during our stay, making sure we had no trouble.
So don’t miss the chance to book the Gypsy Palace treehouse, as it’s one of the best treehouse rentals in Florida. Here’s why:
- The attention to detail: The owners have put a lot of thought into making the treehouse comfortable, such as a leather chaise lounge and wall-mounted TV for movie nights in the living room, a fully-equipped kitchen and dining table, a trundle bed with two twin size mattresses for families, and much more.
- The beach: The back entrance opens directly onto the beach, where guests can enjoy a morning coffee with beach views, watch for dolphins, manatees, and sea turtles, walk on the soft sands and swim in the clear waters.
- The nearby city: You’ll love exploring historic St Augustine, which has a European feel with its horse-drawn carriages and hidden courtyards, plus gorgeous art galleries, terrific restaurants, and much more.
The only downside to staying at this treehouse was the two floors occupied by other renting guests, so we didn’t have complete privacy.
- The treehouse is well-furnished, homely, and equipped with all modern amenities.
- The owner is friendly and communicative.
- The treehouse has a private front and back entrance.
- You’ll enjoy ocean views from the house.
- You can spot marine animals like dolphins, sea turtles, and manatees in the ocean.
- There are guests renting the other two floors, so you won’t have complete privacy.
Overall, my boyfriend and I had the best time at the Gypsy Palace, and we highly recommend it to people looking for a treehouse with a beachfront location.
Danville Treehouse Florida – Most Unique Victorian Yurt Experience in Danville, Florida
Source: airbnb.com Treehouse at Danville
On our search for the best treehouse in Florida, we came across this unique glamping treehouse in Geneva, known as Danville, which is a yurt that offers many great quirks. Guests have access to a tree trunk elevator, a two-person hot tub, an outdoor fire pit, and even an outdoor tiki bar while at this treehouse.
We were in awe of the 18-foot treehouse, supported by two giant oak trees and surrounded by magnolia trees. The house is also adult-only and has accent lighting all over the place, which looks incredible at night. Our favorite part was the living space, which featured a circular room with a Murphy queen bed and panoramic windows to take in views of the area.
In addition, our host was Dan, who’s done an amazing job at maintaining the treehouse and was very responsive during our stay.
So make sure to rent the Danville treehouse for a weekend getaway, as it’s the best glamping treehouse in Florida. Here’s why:
- The outdoor spaces: Guests have access to a deck with a swing chair and great outdoor furniture, an outdoor hot tub, a two-person outdoor shower, a fire pit, and a bar, all right in front of the treehouse.
- The amenities: The treehouse has terrific amenities despite the cozy space, such as a full bath and bidet, a microwave, sink, and minifridge, a flat-screen TV with Wi-Fi, and a gas grill and gas fireplace on the deck.
- The attention to detail: The owners have put a lot of thought into making the treehouse unique, such as the structure being made from repurposed materials, a gorgeous skylight and 14-foot ceiling, a tree trunk elevator, a 1926 fire tower stairway taken from a local fire tower, and much more.
The only negative we could find about our stay here was that the stairs leading to the treehouse were pretty steep and it was difficult to carry our luggage upstairs.
- The treehouse is very clean, well-furnished, and stocked with all essentials.
- The owner is amazing and takes care of any problems guests face.
- The owner allows guests to use his vehicles, such as golf carts, a Volkswagen Thing, and a CJ2A.
- There’s a goat barn nearby where guests can learn to milk goats.
- You can walk horses on the land adjacent to the treehouse.
- The treehouse steps are steep and difficult to climb (guests can use the elevator, but it has a capacity limit.)
- There isn’t much space inside the yurt to store your things.
Overall, we had the best time at the treehouse at Danville, and we recommend it to anyone looking for a glamping treehouse experience.
Treehouse Cabin Retreat near Suwannee River Sanctuary – Best Treehouse Camping in Florida, A Cabin Retreat for Nature Lovers
Source: airbnb.com Treehouse Cabin Retreat near the Suwannee River Sanctuary
Prepare to disconnect from the world in the best way from the treehouse cabin retreat near the Suwannee River Sanctuary in Old Town, Florida. This treehouse is our favorite place to vacation, and relax among nature from the cozy indoor and outdoor spaces.
The property includes a cabin and a treehouse, both of which have air conditioning, heating, and queen beds. However, the latter offers a real treehouse living experience with no running water and an outdoor shower. We especially loved the outdoor spaces like the hammock swing, the gas grill, and the outdoor fire pit, which promised a real camping experience.
So make sure to book the treehouse cabin retreat, as it’s one of the best treehouses in Florida. Here’s why:
- The amenities: The rustic amenities offered at this treehouse include a queen bed and a single bed in the loft, a dining area, full windows overlooking the forest, a wraparound deck, an outdoor shower, and a full bathroom outside the cabin.
- The outdoor spaces: From outside the treehouse, you can roast s’mores and cook over the fire pit, have a BBQ on the grill, read and nap on the hammock swing, explore the wilderness, and listen for owls at night.
- The nearby towns: Guests can visit Old Town, the Manatee Springs State Park, and Suwanee River Sanctuary, which has great springs to spot manatees, hiking trails, and boating on the river.
The only downside to your stay here will be the lack of Wi-Fi and cell signals, as the treehouse is far from town. However, the hosts let us know this beforehand, so we enjoyed disconnecting from our phones.
- The treehouse is cozy, clean, and adequately furnished.
- You can spot deer, woodpeckers, wild hogs, and even an occasional fox roaming the grounds.
- The owners are responsive and ensure your stay is smooth.
- There are great hiking trails nearby, plus boating and fishing on the river.
- Guests can explore Old Town and its many small eateries and stores.
- There isn’t good heating in the treehouse.
- The Wi-Fi signals are scarce, and cell connectivity is poor.
To sum up, the treehouse cabin retreat is a terrific property to rent for a great camping experience in Florida.
Treehouse Canopy Room at Permaculture Farm – Best Airbnb Treehouse Rental in Miami with Rustic Treehouse Bar Experience
Source: airbnb.com Treehouse Canopy Room: Permaculture Farm
We rented the Permaculture farm treehouse on a local’s recommendation and had the best time on this lush urban farm in Miami. The cozy treehouse is conveniently located in Little Haiti, close to the airport and South Beach, and surrounded by a dense jungle.
Living in this gorgeous treehouse feels like you’re living outdoors, with a giant tree trunk growing through the house, steep stairs leading to the living area, and gorgeous views of the canopy and farm animals below. Our favorite parts were the shared spaces, like the kitchen, where we could cook outdoors with other farm guests, and the community fire pit for a group cookout.
Our host, Leslie, was super friendly and responsive throughout our stay and made sure we had everything we needed.
So don’t miss out on the Permaculture farm treehouse rental, as it’s one of the best in Florida. Here’s why:
- The farm animals: Guests will be greeted by farm animals like goats, pigs, roosters, emus, parrots, turtles, and cats during their stay and enjoy fresh eggs, vegetables, and honey sourced from the farm.
- The rustic living experience: Guests can enjoy the Bahamas-style bathroom that’s located a few steps away from the treehouse, an outdoor shower with hot water, wake to the sound of wild and farm animals, and enjoy the cool breeze from living in the trees.
- The activities: You can enjoy feeding the farm animals, joining in on farm events, playing volleyball every Sunday, sailing, kayaking, and riding bicycles on the grounds.
The only downside to staying at this treehouse was that it got pretty hot during the day because of the lack of air conditioning. But there were fans for cooling, so we were able to get by fine.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and nicely furnished.
- The hosts are great and provide you with all the essentials.
- The communal spaces are great for interacting with the other farm guests and staff.
- Guests can feed the farm animals and take part in fun farm events.
- The farm guarantees a sustainable lifestyle in nature.
- It can get hot in the treehouse during summer.
- There are plenty of bugs from June to September (for which there are nets over the bed.)
Overall, we had a great time at this farm treehouse, and we recommend it to everyone in Miami to rent for a weekend getaway.
Top Treehouse Getaways in Florida
|Treehouse at St Petersburg
|– Great neighborhood
– Close to downtown St Petersburg
– Beautiful garden
– Terrific host
|– Above owner’s garage
|Like a Treehouse Overlooking the River
|– Overlooks Weeki Wachee River
– Close to Rogers Park & Pine Island
|– Immaculate & well-furnished
– Overlooks river
– Ample parking
|– Beds uncomfortable
– Can be loud at night
|AMI Treehouse at Bradenton Beach
|– Close to Bradenton beach
– Minutes from Holmes beach & Cortez beach
|– Clean & well-equipped
– Ocean views
– Provides beach equipment
|– Next-door neighbor is unfriendly
– Difficult thermostat
|Treehouse (Gypsy Palace)
|– Beachfront location
– Close to St. Augustine
|– Well-furnished & modern
– Ocean views
– Spot marine animals
|– Other guests in the building
– Lack of complete privacy
|Danville Treehouse Florida
|– Unique glamping treehouse
– Features like tree trunk elevator
|– Clean & well-furnished
– Use of owner’s vehicles
– Goat barn & horse walking
|– Steep steps
– Limited storage space
|Treehouse Cabin Retreat near Suwannee River Sanctuary
|– Located near Suwannee River Sanctuary
– Rustic amenities
|– Clean & adequately furnished
– Spot wildlife
– Explore Old Town
|– Lack of good heating
– Poor Wi-Fi & cell signal
|Treehouse Canopy Room at Permaculture Farm
|– Located in urban farm in Miami
– Rustic living experience
|– Clean & well-maintained
– Interact with farm guests
– Feed farm animals
|– Hot during summer
– Bugs during certain months
Treehouses in Florida Guide
Treehouses in Florida offer an enchanting escape, blending luxury and adventure. In these unique treehouse cabins, you can unwind with amenities like hot tubs and Wi-Fi, ideal for a relaxing glamping trip. Treehouses in Florida are strategically located, allowing easy access to West Palm Beach and bike-friendly Miami.
For families, treehouses in Florida provide convenient proximity to Old Town Kissimmee and Orlando’s attractions, including Disney. Each treehouse in Florida is a retreat in itself, equipped with air conditioning and other comforts. Adventurous spirits can choose treehouses in Florida that feature fire pits, hammocks, and kayaks, perfect for exploring the state’s national and state parks.
Florida treehouses also offer opportunities to meander through the Everglades’ marshes, snorkel near Key West, or canoe along the Suwannee River. With a treehouse rental in Florida, your options for a tailored getaway are limitless, promising an unforgettable experience.
Winding Up The Best Treehouse Rentals Florida
Sunny Florida may not seem like the best place to rent treehouses, but the treetop living experience is terrific here and much cheaper than renting apartments or condos. In addition, most treehouses in Florida are directly on the ocean, near rivers, or nestled in the woods, so guests are guaranteed a ton of privacy during their stay.
So you can read all about the best treehouse camping in Florida from the details mentioned in this article, which my boyfriend and I have ranked after trying out each one.
Looking for the best treehouse rental for families in Florida? Book the treehouse on the Weeki Wachee river.
Need a treehouse camping or glamping experience in Florida? Don’t miss the treehouse cabin retreat and the treehouse at the Permaculture farm.
Want an oceanfront treehouse rental in Florida? Book the Gypsy Palace treehouse and the AMI Treehouse.
The best treehouse rentals in Florida are unmissable!
Popular Florida trips
Rv parks & camping
Camping with showers
Camping with fishing
Top parks in Florida
Rainbow Springs State Park
Ocala National Forest
Silver Springs State Park
Bahia Honda State Park
Manatee Springs State Park
Blue Spring State Park
Sebastian Inlet State Park
St. Andrews State Park
What’s the benefit of staying at the Beehive treehouse?
The Beehive treehouse location in Orlando is a terrific treehouse and one of the most famous rentals in Florida among celebrities, singers, and artists. The single-story compound propped on trees has some great perks, like a spacious bedroom and full bathroom, an 80-inch TV, a private balcony overlooking a gorgeous wedding venue, an outdoor claw tub that’s perfect for a warm soak, and even a custom chandelier.
Should I stay at the Luxurious Treehouse in West Palm Beach?
The luxurious modern treehouse on West Palm beach is a favorite rental in South Florida, nestled between two tall pine trees, and comes with a mineral pool. This tropical Southern Florida treehouse rental sleeps up to six guests from a queen sleeper sofa and a full bunk bed and is ideal for families with younger children.
What are the best Haines city treehouse rentals in Florida?
The Disney Treehouse Villa at the Disney Saratoga Springs Resort is a terrific treehouse rental in Haines City, which has a swimming pool and aqua park nearby, plus hiking and biking trails and a golf club. Another great Haines city rental is the Paris-themed treehouse, which has a European feel and amazing interiors.
Is there a romantic treehouse at Fort Pierce?
The North Island treehouse at Fort Pierce is an amazing treehouse rental for a romantic getaway, as couples can enjoy the seclusion of the beautiful tropical gardens, a private balcony, and lots of antiques and funky art in the spacious compound. Guests will also enjoy being minutes from Fort Pierce State park, hiking trails, and lots of beaches.
What are some luxurious modern treehouses in Florida?
Florida boasts a plethora of luxurious modern treehouses that could turn your next vacation into an unforgettable adventure. The Beehive Treehouse is an artfully crafted and well-appointed option perfect for a couple’s getaway. If you’re looking for something more spacious, consider the Treehouse in the Cloud, which offers expansive views and ample living space. For families or larger groups, a tree house rental like a Little Treehouse or a Treehouse in the Woods offers comfort, convenience, and a unique experience.
What are some recommended treehouse retreats in Florida for a weekend getaway?
For an amazing weekend getaway, Treehouse Retreat and Treehouse Getaways in Florida are well worth considering. These offer an unmatched chance to connect with Florida’s best natural surroundings while immersing in modern and comfortable amenities. Opt for a treehouse near the Country Club of Orlando for golf lovers.
Are there any treehouses in South Florida to look out for?
South Florida offers a variety of treehouse experiences for those looking for something unique. The Little Treehouse is a private and cozy option with its own private balcony overlooking beautiful Florida landscapes. Another recommended option includes a luxury treehouse with an adjacent outdoor claw tub for an added touch of indulgence.
What are the Best Treehouses in Florida for a Beach Vacation?
The best treehouses in Florida for a beach vacation include the AMI Treehouse at Bradenton Beach and the Gypsy Palace Treehouse. These rentals offer direct beach access and stunning ocean views, making them ideal for beach lovers seeking a unique stay. With modern amenities and a prime location near popular Florida beaches, they provide a perfect blend of comfort and seaside charm.
Can I Find Luxury Treehouse Rentals in Florida on Airbnb?
Yes, you can find luxury treehouse rentals in Florida on Airbnb. Options like the luxurious modern treehouse near the Florida Keys offer an upscale experience with amenities such as hot tubs, spacious decks, and stylish interiors. These Airbnb treehouses combine the adventure of treehouse living with the comforts of a luxury vacation rental, making them popular choices for travelers seeking an exceptional stay.
Last Updated on January 30, 2024 by Brian