Looking for a remote cabin rental in Michigan? Well, this article has all the best recommendations you need!
My boyfriend and I love the great Michigan outdoors and often spend weekend getaways here. So on our last trip, we scoured the state in search of the most remote cabin rentals, which offered serene locations, stunning views, and modern facilities.
For this, we took help from locals, and online resources and tested each rental for ourselves by staying a few days.
Our search led us to places near Lake Michigan, Traverse City, Murphy, the Matinee National Forest, and farther, for the most secluded cabins.
So after much back and forth and weighing the pros and cons, we narrowed it down to five secluded cabins ranked on amenities, locations, views, hosts, and overall value.
Our goal with this article is to help you save time and effort in choosing the best Michigan cabin for a secluded getaway by sharing our experiences. So every rental mentioned below guarantees a vacation like no other!
Let me see Michigan’s best cabins already!
Cozy Log Cabin with Private Deck – Best Secluded Michigan Cabin for Couples
Source: booking.com Cozy Log Cabin with Private Deck, 8 Mi to Murphy
Couples looking for a romantic getaway in the woods are in luck, as this log cabin is perfect for a couple’s weekend!
My boyfriend and I stayed at this cozy cabin on a local’s recommendation and had a fantastic time. The cabin has a secluded location on private wooded acres, wildlife crossing the property while only being a short drive to Murphy.
You’ll love the cabin’s stunning all-wood interiors, spacious wraparound deck with forest views on all sides, and ample modern facilities. In addition, the cabin is close to great trails for hiking and enjoying nature walks.
Furthermore, the hosts are very friendly and accommodating, ensuring your stay is relaxing.
So get ready to experience rustic cabin living from this remote getaway in Michigan. Here’s why you’ll love it as much as we did:
- The modern amenities: The cabin offers great facilities, such as a comfortable queen bed in the master bedroom, stainless steel appliances, a flat-screen TV in the living room and high-speed Wi-Fi, ample indoor and outdoor seating, and a fire pit outdoors for campfires.
- The spaces: You’ll enjoy the cabin’s spacious interiors, featuring an open living plan with vaulted ceilings, a full bedroom and bathroom with complimentary toiletries provided, a fully-equipped kitchen, a comfy living room, a wraparound deck, and a gravel driveway for private parking.
- The location: This cabin is serene in the middle of the woods, close to lush hiking and nature trails. You’re also only eight miles to Murphy for great dining and shopping, casinos, museums, the Murphy River Walk, and much more to explore.
Basically, we had the most relaxing romantic trip together in ages from this cabin!
The only small issue we faced was with cleaning, as some spaces needed a thorough wipe, and there were dead bugs outdoors when we arrived.
- The cabin is well-maintained, beautifully furnished, and nicely stocked.
- The hosts are very friendly and accommodate you well during your stay.
- The deck gives beautiful views of the forest and surrounding mountains.
- You have complete access to the entire property and can explore the woods.
- The hosts leave many complimentary amenities for guests to enjoy.
- The cabin needed better cleaning done for the high cleaning fee charged.
- The neighboring rentals were spaced much closer together than advertised (but there was no disturbance from them.)
Hence, if you need to surprise your loved ones with a peaceful trip in a gorgeous cabin — let it be from this one!
Little Bear Cabin near Manistee National Forest – Best Nature Getaway in Michigan
Source: vrbo.com Secluded log cabin in Manistee National Forest with access to Lake Michigan
Need a peaceful waterfront getaway in Michigan? The Little Bear Cabin’s got you covered!
My boyfriend and I are returning guests at this cabin, as its prime location near the Matinee National Forest and directly facing Lake Michigan is unmatched! From your rental, enjoy breathtaking views of the stunning lake from every corner, access to lush grounds, and beautiful outdoor spaces.
We especially enjoyed the cabin’s spacious interiors, which accommodate up to five people easily, the full kitchen with all the essentials needed to cook a homemade meal and a cozy indoor fireplace that kept us warm the whole time.
So plan your next Michigan trip with a stay at the Little Bear Cabin, as it’s the perfect secluded rental.
Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The facilities: You can enjoy all the comforts of home from this cabin, which has comfy bedding in the rooms, a full bath with toiletries provided, cable TV, a stone fireplace, good Wi-Fi connectivity, an outdoor picnic table on the porch, and a gas grill, gazebo seating on the lawn, and an open yard.
- The surroundings: The cabin is nestled in a mature pine grove, with stunning natural views enjoyed from all sides. You’ll wake to the sounds of the forest and lake, take in lakefront views from the outdoor spaces, and have complete privacy with no interruptions.
- The location and activities: The cabin is a short walk to your private dune overlooking Lake Michigan and 100 yards to the trails of Matinee National Forest. So enjoy fun outdoor adventures from hiking and biking trails, fishing and swimming in the river, snowmobiling and cross-country skiing during winter.
Furthermore, Pam and Kent are spectacular hosts and make sure you’re comfortable during your stay.
However, consider that there is limited Wi-Fi in the property before booking, so save your maps offline before driving out.
- The cabin is clean, well-stocked, and has a stunning location.
- The cabin is close to Ludginton for sightseeing, shopping. and dining.
- You’ll have complete privacy from this cabin as it’s the only one in the pine grove.
- The property is pet-friendly, and the spacious outdoors makes it ideal for your furry friends to play.
- You’ll spot wildlife such as deer and turkey crossing the property often.
- There is limited Wi-Fi around the cabin (so save your maps offline, as finding the cabin can be tricky without them.)
To sum up, don’t waste more time and book a few days in heaven from this stunning rental in Michigan!
Secluded Bass Lake Cabin near Traverse City – Best Secluded Family Cabin in Michigan
Source: booking.com Secluded Bass Lake Cabin, 9 Mi to Traverse City
My boyfriend and I were looking for a spacious rental to spend some quality time with our family and came across the secluded Bass Lake cabin. We ended up having the best time here, as the cabin is steps from the vast lakeshore, with beach access and tons of fun activities in the area for all ages to enjoy.
And the best part — the owners provide kayaks for you to use on the lake!
You’ll love the cabin’s gorgeous interiors, framed with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the property, so it feels like you’re always outdoors. In addition, there are entertainment facilities, modern furnishings, and a well-stocked kitchen so you can enjoy making homemade meals.
Furthermore, the property managers are very helpful and only a text away if you have any queries.
So book a blissful getaway in Michigan from the Bass Lake Cabin, as it’s remote and beautiful. Here’s why you’ll love it as much as we do:
- The attention to detail: The owners have put a lot of thought into making the cabin unique with touches like an open floor plan and vaulted ceilings, large windows, a breakfast bar with seating, complimentary amenities, and the use of a private kayak on the lake.
- The activities: You’ll have access to a private pond on the property, lake access for fishing, kayaking, paddle boarding, and swimming from the public boat launch, exploring the surrounding forest for trails, proximity to downtown Traverse City, Sleeping Bear Dunes, golf clubs, and ski resorts.
- The outdoor spaces: The cabin has a beautiful space outdoors featuring a spacious patio with a gas grill, an outdoor dining set, a fire pit with seating, and unmatched forest and waterfront views.
Basically, we had a terrific stay here and hardly any complaints!
However, consider that you need a 4WD to access the cabin, especially during winter, as the driveway gets snowed in.
- The cabin is beautiful, well-appointed, and perfect for big groups.
- The location is very peaceful and offers lovely views from indoors and outdoors.
- The hosts are very nice and make sure you’re comfortable here.
- The location is convenient to all the attractions of Traverse City.
- The cabin is well-stocked, with all the essential amenities.
- You need a large vehicle, like a 4WD, to navigate the area.
- There are some unfriendly neighbors living nearby.
Hence, if you’re planning a family getaway in Michigan — make sure to book the Bass Lake Cabin!
Secluded Log Cabin On a Private Lake – Best Rustic Cabin in Michigan
Source: vrbo.com Secluded Log Cabin On a Private Lake
If you’re searching for secluded cabin getaways in Michigan — then this lakefront log cabin is your best choice!
My boyfriend and I found this cabin with a local’s help and had an incredible time here. You’ll experience real cabin living from this rental’s remote location, basic facilities, and rustic interiors that guarantee a relaxing stay.
In addition, you’re only a few steps from the property’s private lake and will enjoy magnificent water views at sunrise and sunset, plus fun water activities.
Furthermore, the rental is close to some great waterways, trails, and golf courses in the area, making it ideal for the outdoor enthusiasts in your group.
So make your Michigan getaway unforgettable with a peaceful weekend at this secluded log cabin. Here’s why you’ll love it:
- The rustic amenities: The cabin has an open plan interior with a queen bed and bunk beds, a cozy dining space, basic cooking utensils, a private fire pit area outdoors, comfortable seating on the patio, and heating and air conditioning.
- The views: You’re only a few steps away from the private lake, surrounded by tall trees of the forest, giving the best views all day. So enjoy a morning coffee from your deck as you watch the sunrise over the lake, twinkling as it comes to light.
- The outdoor activities: You can go kayaking, golfing, skiing, and snowboarding from the nearby area. Plus, the owners provide a peddle boat to take on the lake.
Moreover, the cabin is hosted by Denise, who’s hospitable and accommodating.
But consider before booking that there are other cabins at least a hundred yards from your own, so privacy can be an issue in the outdoor spaces.
- The cabin is clean, well-appointed, and adequately furnished.
- The host is friendly and accommodating.
- You have access to a private lake and boat.
- The location is secluded on a wooded property and close to the area’s attractions.
- There are weak Wi-Fi signals in the cabin.
Overall, our stay at this secluded log cabin was unmatched, and we highly recommend it to couples/solo travelers/nature lovers for a quiet getaway in Michigan.
Secluded Log Cabin in NW Michigan
Source: airbnb.com Secluded Log Cabin in NW Michigan
My boyfriend and I were searching for a secluded cabin in Northern Michigan and found this beautiful log cabin between Reed City and Evart. We had an amazing time here as the rental has beautiful log interiors, a quiet location in the woods, and all the modern amenities needed for a relaxing stay.
However, we especially loved the outdoor fire pit setting, where we roasted s’mores, grilled dinners, and enjoyed the beautiful outdoors.
You can bring up to eight guests here, as the cabin comfortably accommodates small groups from its two cozy bedrooms, single bath, and roomy living area. In addition, the cabin has gorgeous deck space with outdoor dining and a grill for cookouts.
So book this secluded log cabin for your next getaway, as it’s one of the best in Michigan.
Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The modern facilities: Enjoy all the comforts of modern living from the cabin’s high-quality linens and furnishings, all bed and bath essentials, a flat-screen TV with streaming services, a wood-burning fireplace, a charcoal grill and outdoor dining set on the deck, and a brick fire pit.
- The location: The cabin is nestled on a remote property close to the Muskegon River, so you’re minutes from great fishing, boating, and swimming. The stunning property also has marked trails, wooden bridges over a creek, and many wildlife species crossing.
- Comfort and convenience: The cabin is designed to enhance the guest experience, with details like exposed wooden beams, a fully-equipped kitchen, multiple dining spaces, high-speed internet, ample seating areas, and complete seclusion in the woods.
However, contacting the property managers can be a hassle as a rental company manages the property. So if an issue arises during your stay, it takes a while to resolve.
- The cabin is spacious, clean, and well-maintained.
- The rental is well-stocked with firewood, cooking basics, and toiletries.
- The wood-burning fireplace keeps the place warm and gives it a rustic feel.
- There are many cozy spaces to curl up with a book or coffee.
- It’s hard to get in contact with the rental agents.
Overall, this secluded log cabin is a terrific rental in Michigan for couples/families/small groups seeking a remote getaway.
What are the best Michigan cabin rentals?
If you’re planning a getaway in Michigan, the state offers terrific cabin rentals at great prices. Some of the best ones include the Fresh Coast Cabin resort rentals near Lake Superior, the Little Bear Cabin near Matinee National Forest, and the secluded Bass Lake cabin. These rentals have prime locations in Michigan, close to the state’s best natural attractions, equipped with modern amenities, and offering stunning views.
So you can take families, partners, and work groups to these rentals as they guarantee the best getaway.
What are the most secluded lakefront cabin rentals in Michigan?
When it comes to waterfront cabins, Michigan has some stellar properties for rent. Some of the best ones include; the Shorewood Tower Hills cabin with an outdoor hot tub, the Little Bear Cabin near Lake Michigan, and the secluded Bass Lake cabin. You can enjoy stunning lakefront views from these cabins, proximity to all the water activities, and serene locations.
Winding Up: Secluded Cabin Rentals in Michigan
If you’re looking for Michigan vacation rentals for your next getaway — this article has all the information you need!
My boyfriend and I have mentioned the most secluded cabins in Michigan for your best remote vacation, so all you have to do is pick your favorite and get to booking!
Looking for waterfront cabin rentals? Book the Little Bear Cabin and the Lake Bass Cabin.
Need secluded cabins for a romantic getaway? Don’t miss the cozy log cabin near Murphy.
Michigan’s best secluded cabins have everything you need and more!
Last Updated on February 4, 2024 by Brian