Welcome to our guide to Arizona’s most secluded cabins in 2024!
My boyfriend and I have been on a quest to find Arizona’s top private cabins, journeying everywhere from the expansive Grand Canyon to the serene waters of Lake Powell, the peaceful desert landscapes of Saguaro National Park, the breathtaking views at Sedona’s red rocks, and the untouched wilderness of the Coconino National Forest.
We’ve really done our homework, scouring through reviews and having chats with both locals and the experts. What’s our secret sauce? We actually stayed in these cabins to get the full experience.
Our goal? To make your search for the perfect secluded cabin in Arizona as easy as pie, finding one that’s just right for your taste, needs, and wallet. We’ve handpicked the cream of the crop, focusing on coziness, location, and bang for your buck.
Whether you’re on the hunt for a secluded spot for a romantic escape, a calm family break, a hidden luxury haven, or a retreat soaked in nature, we’ve got your back with choices that offer stunning views, access to lakes, surrounded by forests, and all the privacy you could ask for.
Ready to explore Arizona’s best-kept secret cabin rentals for 2024? Let’s get started!
All you have to do is – pick your favorite and – book!
Source: Airbnb.com, A-frame mountain view cabin in the forest
The Mountain Retreat Cabin: Best Secluded Cabin Nestled in the Ponderosa Pines of Munds Park
Source: Vrbo.com, Beautiful Mountain Retreat in the scenic Ponderosa Pines of Munds Park
Looking for a family-friendly weekend getaway? This is the cabin for you – with a beautiful location to boot!
My boyfriend and I loved this spacous cabin with three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a spacious deck. It has a large living space with spectacular views, oversized windows with a lot of natural light, a fully equipped kitchen, and great Wi-Fi. Don’t forget the washer and dryer (very useful!).
I personally love the master bedroom with a king-sized bed. And there are kid’s toys and games also available for families. The cabin has room for eight guests.
We spent most of our time on the beautiful wrap-around deck, enjoying outdoor eating, grilling, and the relaxing view.
This is a perfect place for visiting the Coconino National Forest and Downtown Flagstaff, especially if you love hiking, mountain biking, and wildlife exploring or winter sports like snowmobiling.
This was our favorite secluded cabin and one of Arizona’s most luxury cabin rentals.
Here is why you’ll love staying here:
- All the comforts: You will love all the comforts of this home, modern furniture, spacious deck, and quiet neighborhood – we did.
- The location: The cabin is near downtown Flagstaff where you can enjoy fun restaurants and shops or enjoy the nearby hiking, mountain biking, and wildlife trails.
- The host: Brad is a great host that responds quickly and makes accommodations for his guests. Top service!
It’s hard to find faults with such a great cabin rental. We only wished there was an outside fire area for a fire pit to enjoy at night.
- Light up the grill on the spacous outdoor deck.
- Explore the fun shops and restaurants in Flagstaff – minutes away!
- Enjoy the sound of the birds and the trees with your morning coffee.
- Prepare a romantic meal in the fully stocked and modern kitchen.
- Go for a hike or mountain biking!
- The cabin doesn’t have a fire pit – for a fun bonfire.
The Cedar Cabin: Secluded Cabin in the Bradshaw Mountains (close to Downtown Prescott and Lynx Lake)
Source: Vrbo.com, Cedar Cabin is only 8 Minutes from Downtown Prescott
This secluded cabin is truly special, and the entire structure and surroundings are incredible.
It’s also our close second pick.
The interior is incredible. We love the open floor plan with a spacious living area and dining area, floor-to-ceiling windows with a lot of natural light, and the fully equipped kitchen.
On a cold evening, you can cuddle up next to the fireplace and play board games (provided.)
This log cabin has it all!
Tall lush trees surround the private property, and there is a beautiful view from the spacious deck. (We loved the beautiful sunrises with a cup of hot chocolate – in hand!)
The grocery store is close by, so a supply run is easy. Downtown Prescott is only minutes away.
We also tried some hiking, horseback riding, kayaking, and fishing at the nearby Goldwater Lake and Prescott National Forest; so much fun!
Don’t miss the short drive out to the Grand Canyon National Park, the Sitgreaves National Forest, and Lynx Lake.
This is a top Arizona cabin rental for many reasons.
Here are some that will make you want to book:
- The Location: We enjoyed being so close to downtown yet secluded in a forest setting. The cabin is close to great destinations like Lynx Lake and even the Grand Canyon National Park.
- The Amenities: We loved the open floor plan with spacious living space, modern kitchen, romantic fireplace, and beautiful deck with outdoor furniture.
- Nearby activities: Whether you want to visit the Grand Canyon, go hiking, horseback riding, fishing, swimming, or kayaking – you can do it all from this cabin.
This forest-surrounded cabin rental is one of our favorites. But before you book, remember that there are many stairs (which can be a problem for those with limited mobility and small children.) Also, prepare for the mountain road that leads to the log cabin.
- Take a day trip to the Grand Canyon.
- Try nearby horseback riding.
- Enjoy all the lake activities.
- Light up the grill and enjoy a peaceful outdoor meal.
- Enjoy playing games or a glass of wine next to the fireplace.
- There is a typical mountain road to the log cabin – and part of it is a dirt road.
- It’s a multi-level home with lots of stairs (but this didn’t bother us!)
The Chalet in the Forest: Best Romantic Getaway Cabin with a Stunning View of Mogollon Rim
Source: Vrbo.com, Romantic Chalet in the Forest
My boyfriend and I loved the Chalet in the Forest. The two-bedroom cabin can sleep four guests and has a beautiful interior (very cozy!)
We loved the cathedral-like windows, the fully equipped kitchen, and the wood-burning stove. The furniture is comfortable, and everything is super clean.
This cabin is ideal for couples; super quiet! Or invite another couple as guests.
The cozy cabin also has a nice outdoor space and outdoor furniture comfortable for lounging.
I appreciated the washer and dryer (we had been on the road for a while!)
You will love the location, close to the Mogollon Rim, Woods Canyon Lake, Kaibab National Forest, and the Grand Canyon National Park. There are great opportunities for outdoor activities like mountain biking, hiking, rock climbing, and wildlife viewing.
Here’s why you’ll enjoy staying at this cozy cabin:
- The location: If you want to explore the outdoors, this cabin is close to endless parks, lakes, and trails. The cabin is in a quiet and secluded area.
- The nearby attractions: If you are visiting Arizona, make sure to visit the Grand Canyon National Park and Mogollon Rim. This cabin is perfectly located for that!
- The Value: This is one of the best-priced homes on the list, and it sleeps up to four guests.
This is a wonderful secluded cabin – you won’t regret booking it. The only thing we wished was that it had a fire pit for a fun night bonfire.
- Take a relaxing walk in the Forest.
- Light up the grill for a relaxing outdoor meal.
- Take a day trip to the Grand Canyon.
- Try rock climbing!
- Relax in the shade while observing the birds and the wildlife.
- The visibility of the stars at night is stunning here. We were just bummed there was no fire pit – to gather around.
The A-frame Cabin: Beautiful Mountain Views (next to the Coconino National Forest) – Flagstaff, Arizona
Source: Airbnb.com, A-frame mountain view cabin in the forest
This is a simple cabin. We loved the peace and quiet it provides.
The cabin rental is located on 1.5 acres in the National Fores and is surrounded by beautiful forest views. We also loved being so close to historic downtown Flagstaff (about 10 minutes away.)
If you are looking to visit the Grand Canyon, this is a great cabin (about an hour and a half away.)
We loved the rustic interior, comfortable bed, wood-burning fireplace, and well-equipped kitchen with modern appliances. There is also a second bedroom with two 2 air mattresses (great for kids.)
You will love all the wildlife that wonders the property, including deer and wild turkeys.
Here are some great reasons to stay here:
- The location: Nestled in a national forest, this is a perfect secluded cabin if you enjoy the simple vacation style.
- Nearby activities: We loved being so close to great hiking trails, wildlife and bird watching, and great restaurants in the nearby town.
- The value: This cabin is well-priced, considering it sleeps up to four quests. You aren’t paying for space you won’t use – so it’s a great value for the money.
This is one of the most secluded cabin rentals. We had a great time. Just keep in mind there is no T.V. and Wi-Fi – we didn’t mind!
- Enjoy your morning coffee with a peaceful forest and wildlife view.
- Curl up next to the fireplace with a good book.
- Enjoy outdoor dining and grilling.
- Spend the night star gazing from the deck.
- Go for a hike in the National Forest.
- The cabin doesn’t have a T.V. or Wi-Fi.
The Pinetop C.C. Retreat Cabin: Best Pinetop Secluded Cabin with Breathtaking Forest Views, a Hot Tub, and a Ping Pong Table
Source: Vrbo.com, Pinetop C.C. Retreat: 90 JET HOT TUB, 3 NEW Decks, A.C., FOREST VIEWS
Want some luxury? You will love this cabin!
The interior is perfectly decorated, and we took full advantage of all the amenities, including a fireplace, fully equipped kitchen, ping pong table, comfortable three bedrooms, and modern bathrooms.
Our favorite part was the outside. There is a wonderful panoramic view of the Indian Reservation forest and lots of interesting wildlife.
We enjoyed the luxury hot tub, hammocks, spacious deck with a grill, and fire pit.
If you enjoy outdoor activities and hiking, there are great trails near the property.
This is by far one of our favorite Arizona cabin rentals.
Make sure to stay here because:
- Luxury amenities: You will love the spacous deck for grilling, the fire pit, and the spacous hot tub. The interior fireplace is gorgeous.
- Beautiful view: Being surrounded by the Forest and so much wildlife is a relaxing and unique experience. Everywhere you look – nature!
- Outdoor activities: We loved using the provided bikes to explore the trails and did some great hiking and bird watching.
Not much wrong with this cabin. It’s big enough for two families and in a great secluded space. I personally would have preferred a larger bed in the master bedroom.
- Gather around the fire pit and roast some hot dogs and marshmallows.
- Go for a relaxing forest walk.
- Light up the grill for a peaceful outdoor meal.
- Soak in the hot tub after a day of exploring.
- Enjoy reading a good book next to the fireplace.
- The master bedroom could use a larger bed for more comfort.
Wrapping Up: The Best Secluded Cabin Rentals in Arizona
If you are looking for a break from everyday life, and want to relax in a beautiful natural setting, then secluded cabins in Arizona are your ideal getaway destination!
The state offers amazing cabins in some of the country’s most beautiful destinations like the Grand Canyon, Sonoran desert, and Prescott National Forest (just to mention a few!)
My boyfriend and I carefully picked the cabins on this list, so each stay is guaranteed to make you feel comfortable, relaxed, and pampered.
Nature lovers will rejoice in all the great activities!
So if you are still unsure what your ideal rental is, scroll back up and take – one more look!
We are sure your ideal getaway is on the list.
What are you waiting for?
What secluded cabin in Arizona is best for a family vacation?
If you are looking for a family-friendly cabin, make sure to book The Mountain Retreat Cabin in the Ponderosa Pines of Munds Park. The cabin has modern comforts and amenities, three bedrooms, and a beautiful spacious deck. It’s near great family activities, Visit the Coconino National Forest for hiking and biking trails, or check out downtown Flagstaff for shops and restaurants.
What Arizona cabin rental is best for visiting the Grand Canyon National Park?
The Cedar Cabin in the Bradshaw Mountains is a secluded cabin in a great location. It’s near downtown Prescott, Lynx Lake, and the Grand Canyon National Park. The cabin has two bedrooms and three bathrooms and comfortably sleeps up to eight people. It has all the amenities needed for a comfortable stay and a beautiful view.
What are all the amenities available in secluded Arizona cabin rentals?
Cabin rentals in Arizona are well-equipped for staying all year round. Most secluded cabins have all the modern amenities needed (like at home), including a fully equipped kitchen, full bathrooms, comfortable beds, and outdoor decks and yards. Many also have a game room with air hockey, ping pong, or a pool table. Better-equipped cabins have fireplaces, fire pits, hot tubs, and river or lake access.
Last Updated on February 6, 2024 by Brian