Welcome to your best guide to secluded Hocking Hills cabins in 2024!
My boyfriend and I love the verdant beauty of Hocking Hills and often spend vacations here. So on our last trip, we hit the road to find quaint cabins nestled near state parks, in remote locations and with stunning nature scenery.
Since we only wanted to find the best ones — we consulted locals, searched online for the top-reviewed places, and tested each cabin by staying for a few days.
So after many days of driving around in Hocking Hills and roughing it out in each rental, we narrowed it down to the top five cabins, with modern amenities, private settings, nature views, and great overall value.
Our goal with this article is to save your time and effort by sharing the best cabins based on our personal experiences. So each rental mentioned below guarantees a relaxing getaway in Hocking Hills!
Warning: These cabins are addictive, and you may never want to leave after staying in them!
Rustic Cabin with Hot Tub – Best Secluded Family Cabin in Hocking Hills
Source: booking.com Rustic Cabin with Hot Tub
If you’re looking for a quiet rental near the woods in Hocking Hills — book this cozy and rustic cabin!
My boyfriend and I recently stayed here on a family trip and had a fantastic time. The cabin is conveniently located in Logan, just seven miles from Hocking Hills and all the area’s natural attractions.
You’ll also love this rental for its spacious interiors, rustic wooden furnishings, large windows overlooking the property, and a wraparound deck with great outdoor facilities and beautiful wooded views.
And the best part — a large hot tub on the deck!
We enjoyed many evenings indoors, cooking with our family, playing games, binging movies on the flat-screen TV, and ending the day with a soak in the hot tub. So make your family getaway to Hocking Hills special with a stay at this lovely cabin.
Here’s why you’ll love it:
- The outdoor space: The cabin has a beautiful outdoor setting featuring a spacious private deck with a comfortable porch swing, a bubbling hot tub, a gas grill, and ample outdoor seating. In addition, there’s a fire pit area and a place for bocce ball, cornhole, and horseshoes.
- The location: The cabin is completely secluded on wooded acres in the Hocking Hills region, guaranteeing privacy for your group. You’re also minutes from the lush trails of Hocking Hills State Park and Lake Logan State Park, with serene waterways for swimming and fishing.
- The amenities: The cabin features incredible amenities that’ll be the highlight of your stay, such as; a wood-burning fireplace, a flat-screen TV with a DVD player, high-top counter seating in the kitchen, reclining leather chairs and plush sofas, board games, a fully-equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances, central air conditioning, and heating, and free Wi-Fi.
Basically, we were in a quiet haven the whole time!
However, we faced a few small issues during our stay, such as a lack of cooking utensils and a musty smell coming from indoors on our arrival. However, the hosts were responsive to our issues and quick to solve them.
- The cabin is immaculately clean, well-stocked, and beautifully furnished.
- The hosts are friendly and communicate well throughout the stay.
- The cabin is a short walk from gorgeous hiking trails in the area.
- The outdoor fire pit area was great for roasting s’mores, and enjoying the forest views.
- The spacious cabin easily accommodates 8-10 people, perfect for families/friends/work groups.
- A musty smell came from inside that took a while to recede.
Hence, folks looking for a spacious cabin in Hocking Hills that guarantees seclusion will love this cozy rental!
Black Bear Cabin – Best Modern Cabin in Hocking Hills
Source: vrbo.com Beautiful Secluded Cabin On 25 Acres In Hocking Hills
My boyfriend and I were looking for a quaint cabin in Hocking Hills for our annual friends trip and came across the gorgeous and secluded Black Bear cabin. We ended up having a fantastic time here as the cabin is nestled on twenty-five acres of forest, with wooded surroundings and proximity to activities in the area.
You’ll love the cabin’s modern interiors, featuring high ceilings, exposed wooden beams, and large picture windows overlooking the property. In addition, the cabin accommodates eight guests comfortably from its three spacious bedrooms and bathrooms.
We especially enjoyed exploring the vast outdoors, trekking on hiking trails, and seeing wildlife up close before returning to the cabin in the evenings for a home-cooked meal in the full kitchen.
Furthermore, the cabin is hosted by Mechele, a wonderful host who ensures you have a relaxing stay here.
So make your cabin-in-the-woods dreams come true with a weekend getaway at this secluded rental. Here’s why we consider it one of the best secluded cabins in Hocking Hill:
- The outdoor activities: From the cabin, you can access the entire 25-acre property, including a 30-ft tall rock wall, a couple of serene streams, and steep hiking trails in the hills for the adventure lovers in your group.
- The spaces: The cabin has spacious bedrooms on all three levels, three bathrooms, a large and well-equipped kitchen, a combined living and dining room, a loft upstairs with a sitting area and TV, and a finished basement. Outdoors, there’s a fire pit area with seating and a spacious deck.
- The amenities: The cabin has modern amenities such as comfortable king, queen, and bunk beds in the rooms, a walk-in rain shower in the bathroom, a pool table, TVs, bean bags and board games for entertainment, leather recliner sofas, complimentary toiletries, and much more.
We had a great time here and could hardly find fault with our stay. However, a few small suggestions would be to add a railing to the stairs as it’s a safety concern and some extra towels/linens as we ran out.
- The cabin is incredibly clean, well-maintained, and well-stocked.
- You’re close to shopping and exploring in Lancaster, Rockbridge, and Logan.
- There’s a great hot tub on the covered porch outdoors, perfect for soaking under the stars!
- The cabin is minutes from Old Man’s Cave and Cedar Falls.
- The host is very helpful and accommodates guests well.
- There are no handrails on the stairs, so you must be careful with children and the elderly.
- There are limited linens/towels (so bring a few extras.)
To sum up, if you need a modern getaway in Hocking Hills — the Black Bear cabin is your best bet!
Pine Retreat Cabin with Private Pond – Best Couple’s Cabin in Hocking Hills
Source: booking.com Pine Retreat Cabin with Deck, Hot Tub and Pond
If you’re looking for a waterfront getaway in Hocking Hills — there’s no better rental than the Pine Retreat Cabin!
My boyfriend and I are returning guests at this rental, as its stunning location facing a serene pond and surrounding forestry make it great for a romantic getaway. The cabin also accommodates small groups and families from its two bedrooms, three bathrooms, a cozy living room with a fireplace, and outdoor entertaining spaces.
In addition, the cabin features a bubbling hot tub on the spacious outdoor deck, where you’ll enjoy cooking meals on the grill, outdoor dining, and stunning water views.
So leave the daily grind behind and unwind at this peaceful rental near Hocking Hills. Here’s why we consider it one of the best secluded rentals:
- The location: the cabin is ideally located with Hocking Hills attractions minutes away, such as; Lake Logan State Park for fishing, and a beach, Hocking Hills Canoe Livery for canoe rentals, ziplining tours through Hocking Hills Canopy Tours, Hocking Hills State Park with Old Man Cave and Ash Cave, and Cantwell Cliffs, with a waterfall and a scenic valley floor.
- The spaces: The cabin is perfect for couples/families/small groups, as it features two comfortable bedrooms, a fully-equipped kitchen and a living room, a game room, a spacious deck with a grill and a dining space, and a fire pit with ample seating.
- The amenities: You can enjoy modern amenities at this cabin, such as; high-quality linens and towels, essential cooking utensils and modern appliances, a flat-screen TV, high-speed Wi-Fi, a foosball table, a pool table, arcade games, a hot tub, and much more.
Furthermore, the cabin’s property managers are always a text away if you have any issues.
However, consider before booking that the remote location means there will be many bugs in the indoor and outdoor spaces.
- The cabin is beautifully furnished and has chic interiors.
- The Logan area has many fun activities: mini golf, laser tag, disc golf, ATV rentals, and trail rides.
- There’s a very comfortable queen bed in the master bedroom with the softest linens.
- You can relax in front of the cozy fireplace in the living room and take in forest views.
- The pond has catch-and-release fishing.
- The cabin needs better maintenance as some floorboards were coming loose.
- There were stink bugs in the upstairs bedroom.
To sum up, if you need a relaxing getaway in Ohio — book the stunning Pine Retreat Cabin!
Eagle Ridge Cabin Hocking Hills
Source: airbnb.com Hocking Hills rustic/secluded cabin
Last summer, my boyfriend and I stayed at the Eagle Ridge cabin in South Bloomingville on a local’s recommendation and had an amazing time. The cabin is secluded on a steep wooded hillside, close to attractions in the heart of Hocking Hills.
You’ll love this unique rental which is remade from an old barn, boasting a combination of rustic and modern finishings, high barn ceilings, beautiful polished wood interiors, and large glass windows overlooking the property.
In addition, there’s a spacious deck with ample seating where we enjoyed al-fresco dining, morning coffees, and taking in the nature views.
So make your Hocking Hills vacation special with a stay at this special cabin. Here’s why it’s one of the best:
- The rustic interiors: The cabin combines modern and rustic elements, as it’s made from reclaimed barn wood, with old barn siding and metal roofing, a loft space with slanted windows, and original barn lights.
- The views: The cabin offers beautiful 360-degree views of the wooded property, as it’s wrapped in large windows on all sides with hillside views from the back and treehouse-like views out front.
- The facilities: You’ll enjoy modern amenities at this cabin, such as a comfortable queen bed in the loft, a single bed in the living area and a sleeper sofa, a TV with a DVD player and many movies, a Bluetooth boombox with many music CDs, puzzles and board games, an indoor electric fireplace, a fire ring outdoors and a charcoal grill.
Furthermore, the cabin is hosted by Jennifer, who’s kept the place in great shape and ensures you have a great time.
However, you should consider before booking that there is no Wi-Fi and internet in and around the cabin, so you’ll need to drive out for service.
- The cabin is clean, well-maintained, and has comfy furnishings.
- The hosts have left complimentary coffee and tea, cooking essentials, sauces, foods, and toiletries for guests.
- The cabin is close to all the Hocking Hills attractions.
- There is bench seating on the ground around the fire pit.
- There’s no Wi-Fi/internet in the cabin and spotty cell reception.
- There’s a steep ladder going up the loft, which is difficult to climb.
Overall, we loved our time at this beautiful and secluded cabin, and you need to book it for your next Hocking Hills getaway!
Trail Ridge Secluded Log Cabin Retreat
Source: airbnb.com Secluded Hocking Hills Log Cabin Retreat
If you’re looking for an authentic log cabin in the Hocking Hills area — the Trail Ridge Cabin is perfect!
My boyfriend and I stayed in this cabin recently and we fell in love with its secluded location on vast wooded acres, with beautiful interiors and many outdoor activities a short drive away. The cabin comfortably sleeps four people from its two cozy bedrooms and full bathrooms.
Furthermore, the rental boasts rustic log furnishings indoors, with stonework outside, giving it that true cabin-in-the-woods feel.
We especially enjoyed returning to the cabin after exploring the nearby trails, firing up the stone fireplace, cooking a meal in the fully-equipped kitchen, and soaking up in the outdoor hot tub.
In addition, the host, Marlin, is hospitable and ensures guests have a great time here.
So book the Trail Ridge to experience cabin living in Hocking Hills. Here’s why it’s one of the best:
- The attention to detail: The owners have put in many meticulous details in the cabin, like granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, beetle kill aspen log furnishings, a stone gas fireplace, and large windows that give stunning views of the outdoors.
- The outdoor area: Step outside your cabin to explore the property’s unique features, such as a wildlife food plot, six acres of wooded terrain, a trail loop around the property, a fire pit area and a peaceful pond.
- The log furnishings: You’ll enjoy using beautiful log furnishings throughout the cabin, with comfortable handcrafted beds, old-style wooden cabinets, a log dining table and chairs, wooden finishings on the walls, ceiling, and stairs, and a full log exterior that gives it a rustic look.
We had a terrific time at this cabin and could hardly find fault with our stay. But driving out to the cabin was an issue as the steep driveway and snowed-in roads required a 4WD and were difficult to traverse.
- The cabin has a unique location in the woods with many outdoor attractions.
- You can use fresh water from a well on the property.
- Despite the remote setting, there’s good Wi-Fi and cable TV.
- The cabin is pet-friendly.
- The host is friendly and hospitable.
- There’s a steep driveway, and you need a 4WD, especially in winter, as it gets filled with snow.
Hence, there’s no better place to experience authentic cabin living in Hocking Hills than the Trail Ridge Log Cabin!
What’s a cozy cabin rental in the Hocking Hills area?
If you’re looking for some cozy and secluded cabin rentals in Ohio, the Hocking Hills region has some terrific ones. Some of the best ones include the Black Bear Cabin, the Pine Retreat Cabin, the Eagle Ridge Cabin, and the Trail Ridge Log Cabin, all of these rentals are on remote wooded properties near the Hocking Hills State Park, boasting modern amenities, cozy interiors, and beautiful wooded views.
Wrap-Up: The Most Secluded Cabins in Hocking Hills
There’s no better place than Hocking Hills for a blissful getaway shrouded in nature. That’s why my boyfriend and I have compiled a detailed list of the most secluded cabins in this article.
All you have to do is sit back and book your favorite one!
Need a family cabin in Hocking Hills? Book the Rustic Cabin in Logan.
Looking for a couple’s rental for a romantic getaway? Don’t miss the Pine Retreat Cabin.
Want a modern cabin rental in Hocking Hills? Book the Black Bear Cabin and the Eagle Ridge Cabin.
The secluded cabins in Hocking Hills guarantee a relaxing stay!
Last Updated on February 11, 2024 by Brian