Welcome to our guide on Indiana’s most secluded cabins for 2024!
My boyfriend and I have been exploring hidden gems across Indiana, from the Indiana Dunes National Park to the tranquil shores of Lake Michigan, the peaceful waters of Lake Monroe, the scenic Patoka Lake, and the vast Hoosier National Forest.
We did our homework, digging into reviews and chatting with both locals and experts. The key? We stayed in these cabins to really get a feel for them.
Our aim is to make finding your ideal secluded cabin in Indiana a breeze, one that fits your style, needs, and budget. We’ve picked the best, emphasizing comfort, location, and value.
Seeking a hidden gem for a couple’s getaway, a quiet family vacation, a secluded luxury spot, or a nature-immersed retreat? We’ve got you covered with options that boast incredible views, lake access, forest surroundings, and ultimate privacy.
Let’s dive into discovering Indiana’s most secluded cabin rentals in 2024!
The Honey House Cabin – A Quiet Countryside Cabin Rental (near Chain O’ Lakes State Park and Yellow Creek Lake)
Source: Booking.com, Honey House Cabin – A Quiet Countryside Retreat
This beautiful cabin is our number one pick.
We loved the cozy cabin feel in a private location and close to many activities. It’s also one of the best cabins for couples.
The rustic interior has two bedrooms with comfortable and spacous queen beds, and the bathroom is spacous with a walk-in shower.
We loved the screened-in porch, electric fireplace, spacious living room, and fully equipped kitchen. The air conditioning was really appreciated (we visited in summer!) Also, the cabin has lots of natural light.
Most of our time was spent in the spacous yard with an outdoor fire pit and picnic table. It’s enough to walk around and enjoy the relaxing sounds of the trees and birds. There’s some fun wildlife too!
You will love the location, which is close to great hiking trails, and activities like swimming, fishing, jet skiing, and boating. (Rent or bring your own).
We loved visiting Stoney Creek Winery and Chain O’ Lakes State Park. (Don’t miss out!)
Oh! And Fort Wayne International Airport is only 50 miles away.
The entire cabin and outdoor space are created for quiet and relaxation. We loved it! Here are three reasons you’ll want to book it:
- Accommodations: You will have all the space and comforts of home in this cabin. The appliances are modern, and the furniture is comfortable. We loved the outdoor space – perfect for outdoor eating and enjoying nature.
- Nearby activities: The cabin is minutes away from great trails, bird watching, swimming, kayaking, boating, and many other outdoor activities. Don’t forget the wine tours! (We didn’t!)
- Natural attractions: Check out Goshen Pond Dam and Chain O’ Lakes State Park for all the natural beauty they offer. Deffenetly worth visiting!
This rental is by far one of the best Indiana cabins, so it’s hard to find fault with it. But if I had to mention anything, I would say that the dishes in the kitchen need an upgrade. Newer pots, pans, and plates, please!
- Wake up to the sound of the birds and trees as you enjoy your morning coffee from the screened-in porch.
- Have a fun picnic in the spacous yard.
- Try swimming, kayaking, or boating at the lake.
- Go for a relaxing walk or a nearby forest hike.
- Light up the fire pit and enjoy an evening under the stars.
- The pots and pans in the kitchen could be replaced. They are warned out.
The Cozy Pines Cabin – The Best Secluded Treehouse with a Hot Tub in Brown County
Source: Vrbo.com, Cozy Pines Cabin, Newly updated, Secluded, Hot Tub, Tree House
This Indiana cabin rental is amazing! It’s our close second pick!
You will love this newly renovated cabin with fresh furnishings and a perfect secluded location. It’s a spacous log cabin that sleeps up to eight guests.
We really enjoyed all the modern amenities and comforts, like the four bedrooms and three private bathrooms. There’s also: air conditioning, a gas fireplace, and a washer and dryer (greatly appreciated after days on the road!)
My boyfriend loved the game room with air hockey, foosball, pool table, and chess. It’s perfect for a cool or rainy day. Most of our time was spent outside, and we enjoyed the outdoor hot tub, fire pit, and private seating area. We had most of our meals outside. The gas grill was very useful!
Brown County is awesome for exploring, and we were minutes from the town center, a short drive to Nashville, and close to great lakes and parks. Make sure to visit Sweetwater Lake and the Yellowwood State Forest. You will love it! (I did!)
Check out this beautiful and modern log cabin, and we are sure you will fall in love with it. Here are the reasons why:
- Modern amenities: You will enjoy all the modern furnishings, new appliances, a fireplace, a spacous living area, and a private yard with a hot tub and fire pit. Nothing is missing!
- Beautiful space: You will love the mix of the log cabin and modern interior decorations. There are great details everywhere you look! You will feel pampered and comfortable!
- Nearby attractions: Brown County is great for exploring nearby lakes and forests or taking a day trip to Nashville. (The options are endless.)
So no place is ideal! We didn’t have the option to check out on Saturday. Make sure to plan your dates well!
- Enjoy an outdoor meal while grilling in the private yard.
- Go for a nearby hike or bird watching.
- Soak in the new outdoor hot tub after a day of exploring.
- Gather around the fire pit for some drinks and roast marshmallows.
- Spend the evening playing bar games in the game room.
- No checkouts on Saturday, so plan your time accordingly.
- Small housekeeping improvements can be made (especially cleaning the kitchen).
The Heron’s Nest Cabin – Beautiful Log Cabin on the Ohio River (near the Hoosier National Forest)
Source: Vrbo.com, Exceptional views of the Ohio River and accommodates 2 boats
This is another one of our favorite log cabins in Indiana. The beautiful waterfront location really makes it special. It also has all the modern amenities you could need.
You will really feel comfortable and relaxed in the well-decorated interior with a comfortable and spacous living space, a fully equipped kitchen, and large oversized windows that bring in lots of natural light. The four bedrooms are comfortable and clean and sleep up to ten people.
We couldn’t get enough of the spacous covered balcony with a picnic table overlooking the water.
It’s completely private, with great outdoor furniture, rocking chairs, porch swings, and more. We also loved the gas grill and hot tub.
Make sure to take a quick drive to Tipsaw Lake Recreation Area and O’Bannon Woods State Park. Both are beautiful!
Check out this secluded cabin high above the Ohio River. It’s a great location for a romantic getaway or family trip. Here’s why you’ll want to stay here:
- The location: We loved waking up to the Ohio River view. We felt secluded and relaxed on the water while being close to many attractions.
- The amenities: You won’t need anything more than what this cabin has to offer. The appliances are modern, the space is well decorated, the outdoor space is stunning, and there is a great hot tub (very clean!)
- Nearby attractions: O’Bannon Woods State Park is great for hiking, exploring native plants, swimming, and having a picnic. There are also great restaurants in the area. Check them out!
This is one of the best vacation rentals with a beautiful, relaxing water view. The only problem is that it is multilevel, and there are a lot of stairs. Some might find it difficult to use all the stairs. We didn’t mind!
- Enjoy your morning coffee from the quiet porch swing overlooking the river.
- Soak in the private hot tub after a day out.
- Light up the grill for some fun outdoor dining on the water.
- Enjoy fishing in the river.
- Read a good book while curled up in the rocking chair.
- This is a four-story cabin, which means lots of stairs. Some will find it difficult to use all the stairs.
The Plāhaus Cabin – A Modern Nashville Home in the Woods near Brown County State Park
Source: Airbnb.com, Modern Nashville Home in the Woods, Brown County
You will love this rental if you are looking for luxury cabins! Modern cabins! Couples getaways!
The new cabin has two bedrooms and is beautifully designed with modern furniture and appliances. It has great amenities like a fully equipped kitchen, a walk-in shower, and a large glass wall that shows off the forest view and brings lots of natural light into the living space. Though tucked away, the cabin has all the modern comforts like Wi-Fi, air conditioning, TV, and a washer and dryer. And both bedrooms have incredibly comfortable queen-sized beds! (I am a big sleeper!)
Oh, and the location is great! It’s close to Indianapolis for those looking for restaurants, bars, and shopping. Nature lovers will want to explore the Yellowwood State Forest and the Brown County State Park.
This modern cabin rental is truly special and unique. Check out the reasons you’ll love staying here:
- Modern interior: You will love all the cabin’s modern appliances, furniture, and details. It’s full of great details!
- The location: The cabin is in a peaceful nature-surrounded area, yet close to downtown for great restaurants. It’s a perfect spot for those who want to explore nearby forests and parks. Get to hiking!
- The great host: Robert (but you can call him Bob) is a great and friendly host. He always responded quickly and even made some great restaurant recommendations.
This was our romantic getaway cabin! We really enjoyed every minute of our stay. The only thing I could think of to mention is the spotty cell service. (We didn’t mind!) But with good Wi-Fi, this really wasn’t an issue. In the winter, you might need a good 4WD to get to the cabin.
- Enjoy a cup of coffee on the peaceful porch overlooking the woods.
- Explore the nearby restaurants. There are many!
- Go hiking in the Yellowwood State Forest.
- Roast some marshmallows around the fire pit.
- The cell service is spotty. But we didn’t mind at all.
Wrapping up: The best secluded Indiana cabin rentals
Indiana is a stunning state full of natural beauty, lakes, and forests, and perfect for couples or families looking for an outdoor adventure. There’s something for everyone! (even teenagers!)
My boyfriend and I had an amazing time staying at these secluded cabins – and you will too!
We picked each cabin carefully, making sure everyone would find the perfect getaway with all the amenities and outdoor activities the state has to offer.
Indiana cabin rentals are truly special!
Are you looking for a waterfront cabin? Check out – The Heron’s Nest on the Ohio River!
Do you want a treehouse experience? Then you should book – The Cozy Pines Cabin!
No matter which cabin you choose from the list, you will have a great experience! Trust us!
So relax and enjoy! (Oh, and make sure to book right now!)
What is the best-secluded cabin for a family vacation?
The Honey House Cabin is a quiet countryside cabin rental close to Chain O’ Lakes State Park and Yellow Creek Lake (both beautiful destinations to visit).
The two-bedroom getaway is perfect for small families looking to get away from city life. The spacous yard offers a fun fire pit and picnic table for family meals. You will love roasting marshmallows and star gazing from this cabin! (We did!)
What’s the best-secluded luxury cabin for an Indiana getaway?
The Cozy Pines Cabin is a wonderfully secluded treehouse with a hot tub located in Brown County. It’s a perfect combination of luxurious cabin life and modern amenities like an outdoor hot tub and fire pit, and there is a spacous game room, perfect for playing games and enjoying some drinks and snacks. (Especially on a rainy day!)
Make your stay complete by visiting Sweetwater Lake and the Yellowwood State Forest.
What modern amenities and cabin features do secluded cabins in Indiana have?
Indiana cabins have all the amenities and features needed for a comfortable and relaxing vacation. They offer fully equipped kitchens, spacous living areas, modern bathrooms, and private outdoor space for grilling, relaxing, and gathering around the fire pit. Many also offer hot tubs and beautiful forest, river, and lake views.
Last Updated on February 4, 2024 by Brian