Looking for a secluded cabin in Oklahoma for your next getaway? Well, you’re in luck cause this article has all the information you need!
My boyfriend and I spent the last few weeks on the road in Oklahoma looking for the top remote cabins in the state, which promised a relaxing hideaway.
For this, we consulted the top online reviews, took recommendations from locals, and tested each cabin by staying for a few days. Our search led us to places near Broken Bow Lake, the Ouachita National Forest, and Southeast Oklahoma, which had remote locations in the woods, offering stunning natural views.
Finally, after much back and forth and weighing the pros and cons, we narrowed it down to the top five rentals ranked on facilities, locations, views, hosts, and overall value.
What’s our goal with this article? To save you time and effort in finding the most secluded Oklahoma getaway!
So sit back as we guide you through Oklahoma’s top quaint cabins!
Hickory Bear Cabin with Hot Tub – Best Secluded Family Cabin in Oklahoma
Source: booking.com Hickory Bear Cabin with Hot Tub
If you’re looking for a relaxing family getaway in Oklahoma — the Hickory Bear Cabin in Broken Bow is perfect!
My boyfriend and I recently stayed here with our families and had a fantastic time. The cabin is on a secluded acre lot surrounded by lush scenery, boasting gorgeous pine interiors, open-plan living spaces, and enough room for ten people to stay in comfortably.
And the best part — a large hot tub on the cozy outdoor deck!
In addition, you can enjoy a big kitchen and dining area that seats up to eight people, a spacious living room, and a wraparound deck that gives stunning views of the property.
Furthermore, the cabin is hosted by Jane & Greg, a lovely couple who ensure guests are comfortable throughout their stay.
So make your group getaway special with a stay at the Hickory Bear Cabin. Here’s why we consider it one of the best secluded cabin rentals in Oklahoma:
- The modern amenities: You can enjoy terrific amenities here, including a fully-equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances, a flat–screen TV and gas fireplace in the living room, comfortable leather sofas, high-count thread linens, indoor jacuzzi tub, a grill, and hot tub on the deck, high-speed Wi-Fi, private parking, and more.
- The entertainment facilities: The cabin has all your entertainment needs covered, with many fun board games, arcade games and a foosball table in the loft, a deck slide, and horseshoes and cornholes outdoors.
- The spaces: There are three spacious bedrooms and 2.5 baths in the cabin, a full kitchen with bar seating, beautiful pine walls and ceilings throughout the place, large windows with nature views, a spacious deck with seating, a fire pit area with Adirondack chairs, and so much more.
Basically, we had an incredible few days filled with family fun here!
However, the only small issue is that the cabin isn’t as secluded as advertised since neighboring rentals are nearby. But you still have privacy indoors.
- The cabin is immaculate, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- The hosts are amazing and leave behind complementary goods for guests.
- There are plenty of restaurants, antique stores, and wineries nearby.
- There’s a s’mores kit for the fire pit, robes for the hot tub, and a coffee/cocoa bar.
- There’s an indoor spa bath in one of the bathrooms.
- The cabin is close to neighboring rentals, so you sometimes hear them.
Hence, book the beautiful Hickory Bear cabin for your next Oklahoma getaway, as it’s unmatched!
Bella Vista – Most Rustic Cabin in Oklahoma
Source: vrbo.com Bella Vista Cabin
Looking for a remote mountain cabin for a quiet getaway? Well, there’s no place better than Bella Vista!
My boyfriend and I recently stayed here on a local’s recommendation and had the best time. You’ll be perched on a hill overlooking Broken Bow Lake at this cabin, with breathtaking mountain views seen from the floor-to-ceiling windows, and chic Boho interiors that give it an eclectic look.
The cabin is also run purely on green energy while providing daily amenities like cooking appliances, hot running water in the bathrooms, a grill, electricity, and Wi-Fi.
However, the selling point for us was the cabin’s outdoor spaces, which overlook the valley from an open patio space, and a fire pit area. So prepare for a nature getaway from the stunning Bella Vista cabin like no other.
Here’s why you’ll absolutely love it:
- The attention to detail: The owners have added a lot of detailed touches which give the cabin character, such as Boho interiors adorned with furniture from Indonesia. In addition, there are reclaimed wooden surfaces, a wine barrel kitchen stand, 100% green energy, and filtered well water.
- The outdoors: You’ll take in stunning mountain and lake views from the cabin’s patio that overlooks a cliff face, adorned with a swing sofa, a propane grill, and an outdoor fireplace. There’s also a fire pit with Adirondack chairs nearby.
- The location: The cabin is minutes from the Beavers Bend Marina, with boat slips to take on the gorgeous lake waters, ATV trails directly into the national forest, lush hiking trails, and many creeks running across the property.
Moreover, the property manager, Ashley, is responsive and helpful, ensuring guests have a relaxing stay.
But consider before booking that electricity is an issue here, as some appliances give shocks multiple times. However, we contacted the property manager, who immediately sent an electrician to fix the issue.
- The cabin has a beautiful master bedroom overlooking the mountains from large windows.
- The location is ideal for adventure lovers as there are challenging trails nearby.
- The cabin has a fully-stocked kitchen, a full bathroom, complimentary toiletries, and comfortable bedding.
- You can bring pets to the cabin for a small additional fee.
- The cabin is perfect for remote working/couple’s trips/family trips from its secluded location.
- The cabin needs better overall cleaning as the AC unit was musty, and some kitchenware was unclean.
- There is an electricity issue sometimes, so the appliances give off shocks (a quick call to the manager can solve this.)
To sum up, if there’s one place you need to book for a quiet getaway in Oklahoma — it’s the Bella Vista cabin!
Broken Bow Lake Cabin
Source: booking.com Broken Bow Lake Cabin
My boyfriend and I were looking for a rental close to Broken Bow Lake and came across this idyllic cabin on a private wooded property. Our stay here was exceptional as the cabin has an ideal location near Hochatown, close to state parks, recreation areas, and waterways, with lots of privacy and rustic amenities.
The studio cabin is perfect for couples as it has a cozy open-plan living space with a king bed, a bubbling hot tub on the patio, and serene natural surroundings.
We especially liked cooking meals from the full kitchen and the outdoor grill and enjoying them on the deck with beautiful forest views.
In addition, the hosts are very responsive to your queries and fix any issues that arise swiftly.
So book this lovely cabin in Broken Bow, Oklahoma, for a couple’s getaway or solo retreat, as it promises seclusion and an unforgettable stay. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The amenities: The cabin is equipped with all the modern amenities you’re used to, including comfortable bedding, a well-stocked kitchen with a breakfast bar, plush sofas, a flat-screen TV, and fireplace in the living room, outdoor dining, and patio furniture.
- The comfort and convenience: From this cabin, you can enjoy complete privacy in a remote wooded setting, facilities like air conditioning and heating, high-speed Wi-Fi, proximity to attractions, great hosting, and more.
- The surroundings: You’re a short drive to Broken Bow Lake for boating, fishing, and swimming, nearby attractions in Hochatown, several state parks and recreation areas, dining options, and shopping.
However, a small issue was a lack of thorough cleaning inside the cabin, as some kitchen supplies and spaces were dirty.
- The cabin is beautifully furnished and well-maintained.
- The host is always a quick text away if you face any issues.
- The deck is great for enjoying views of the property with a meal or a coffee.
- You’ll love the cozy hot tub, which heats up perfectly.
- The cabin is pet-friendly, with a yard and many open spaces.
- The cabin needs better cleaning overall.
To sum up, we loved this quaint cabin in Broken Bow, and it’s a terrific rental for a couple’s getaway in Oklahoma.
Astoria Hillside – Best Luxury Cabin in Oklahoma
Source: booking.com Luxury Secluded Cabin
If you want a hotel-like getaway in Oklahoma with the cozy cabin feels — then book the Astoria Hillside cabin!
My boyfriend and I are returning guests at this cabin since we love its gorgeous interiors straight out of a magazine — hardwood floors, marble counters, a formal dining area, stone fireplaces, high ceilings, and a stunning deck space.
You’ll also have access to a spa bath, a wellness center, and an outdoor hot tub. In addition, there’s a private deck accessed from the two master bedrooms and a beautiful sun deck with 180-degree mountain views.
Furthermore, the cabin is hosted by Vik and his family, terrific hosts who take great care of guests throughout their stay.
So book the Astoria Hillside for a luxury cabin experience in Oklahoma. Here’s why you’ll love it:
- The hotel-like amenities: You’ll enjoy the best facilities at this luxury cabin, including high-quality linens and plush sofas, a gourmet kitchen with modern appliances, complimentary robes, champagne, and toiletries, comfortable patio furniture, flat-screen TVs, stone fireplaces, a hot tub, and much more.
- The spaces: The cabin is perfect for small groups/families/couples, as it’s framed with a grand living room with large windows, a dining area, a full kitchen, and two private bedrooms with deck access. There are also two full bathrooms, a sun deck, and a fire pit area outdoors.
- The location: The cabin has a breathtaking location on the foothills of Ouachita National Forest, with incredible mountain views from its outdoor spaces. In addition, you’re minutes away from all the attractions of Hochatown and Beavers Bend State Park.
Basically — we were in heaven at this cabin!
We only faced minor issues in setting up the hot tub, TVs, and Wi-Fi, but a quick call to the owner resolved them.
- The cabin is immaculate, well-stocked, and beautifully furnished.
- The owner is friendly and responsive to any issues you face.
- The location is ideal for all outdoor attractions in the Broken Bow area.
- There are snacks, a s’mores kit, and drinks stocked for guests.
- There aren’t clear instructions for operating the TV and Wi-Fi.
To sum up, we had a fantastic stay at the Astoria Hillside, and we highly recommend it to people looking for a hotel-like getaway in Oklahoma.
Cuddle Couple’s Cabin – Best Romantic Cabins in Oklahoma
Source: booking.com Cuddle Couple’s Cabin
If you’re planning a romantic getaway with your partner — the Cuddle Couple’s cabin is your best bet! It’s also one of our favorite rentals for a couple’s trip and has the perfect location minutes from state parks and nature trails.
The modern cabin features designer-inspired furnishings and contemporary décor, with many small touches that give it a homely feel. For example, there’s a spacious living room with a fireplace and comfortable sofas, a gorgeous master bedroom with a glass wall, and a spa-inspired bathroom.
Our favorite part was returning to the cabin after hiking in the area and enjoying a relaxing soak in the hot tub, with breathtaking views of the starry skies.
Moreover, the property managers are responsive and efficient in solving any problems you encounter.
So surprise your partner with an unforgettable getaway at the Cuddle Couple’s cabin, as it’s one of the best secluded cabins in Oklahoma. Here’s why:
- The attention to detail: The owners have put a lot of thought into making the cabin feel special, with touches like a cozy gas fireplace, granite countertops and a farmhouse sink in the kitchen, a soaking tub and walk-in shower in the bathroom, Smart TVs throughout the place, and more.
- The outdoors: From the cabin’s private backyard patio, light up the fire pit, soak in the hot tub, or just relax on the comfy patio furniture as you take in the stunning forest views, starry nights, and sights and sounds of wildlife and birds.
- The location: The cabin has a completely remote location in the woods which guarantees privacy while being a short drive from nearby state parks, hiking trails, and outdoor dining.
However, consider before booking that the cabin is far from the area’s main attractions, so you have to drive a long way for outdoor activities.
- The cabin is clean, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- The host is friendly and easy to communicate with.
- There’s a fully-equipped kitchen with ample counter space and modern appliances.
- The spa bathroom has a vanity, a walk-in shower with two shower heads, a private water closet, and a soaking tub.
- The patio has an outdoor fireplace, grill, fire pit, and a hot tub.
- The location is remote and far from many attractions in the area (not a problem if you plan to stay home.)
Hence, if there’s one place in Oklahoma you can’t miss for a couple’s getaway — it’s this cabin!
What are the best secluded cabins in Oklahoma?
Folks looking for a secluded cabin rental can find some terrific ones in Southeast Oklahoma, such as the Peckerwood Knob Cabins, which are ideal for families. In addition, the Hickory Bear cabin, the Broken Bow Lake cabins and the Astoria Hillside are some great rentals with secluded locations and modern amenities that guarantee a relaxing stay.
What are some unique cabin rentals in Oklahoma?
Oklahoma has unique cabins that are a welcome break from staying in generic rentals. Some of the best ones include the Once in a Blue Moon cabin, with a game room with a pool table and outdoor playground; the Bella Vista cabin, powered on 100% green energy, and the Astoria Hillside cabin which provides resort amenities and a hotel-like stay. You’ll never run out of fun activities from these cabins, and experience an adventure getaway in Oklahoma.
Wrap-Up: Secluded Cabins in Oklahoma
If you’re looking for a secluded rental in Oklahoma, there are some amazing cabins at great prices, in prime locations and with terrific amenities.
So we’ve listed the best Oklahoma cabin rentals for a quiet getaway based on our personal experiences in this article. Just remember to book on time, as these gorgeous rentals sell out fast!
Need a family cabin in Oklahoma? Book the Hickory Bear cabin.
Want a waterfront getaway in Oklahoma? Try the Broken Bow Lake cabin.
Looking for a couple’s cabin in Oklahoma? The Cuddle Couple’s Cabin is your best bet.
The secluded cabins in Oklahoma promise an unforgettable getaway!
Last Updated on February 11, 2024 by Brian