Welcome fellow travelers to the only guide you need on secluded Virginia cabins for 2024!
My boyfriend and I love the verdant beauty of Virginia and often vacation here, so on our last trip, we hit the road in search of the best remote cabins in the state, which promised a relaxing hideaway.
For this, we consulted locals, searched online for top-rated rentals, and tested each cabin by staying for a few days.
Our search led us to places in the Blue Ridge Mountains, the Shenandoah Valley, Luray, and private forests, which had stunning cabins shrouded in nature.
So after a lot of testing, researching, and weighing the pros and cons, we narrowed it down to four secluded cabins in Virginia, ranked on the best amenities, locations, views, and overall value.
Our goal with this article is to help you save time and money in finding the best Virginia cabins by sharing our personal experiences. So each rental mentioned below guarantees a relaxing getaway.
Warning: These Virginia cabins are breathtaking; you’ll never want to leave after seeing them!
Get ready to meet your next favorite cabin in Virginia!
Madeline Cabin in the Shenandoah Valley
Source: booking.com The Madeline Cabin Nestled in the Shenandoah Valley
If you’re looking for a quaint cabin rental in the Shenandoah Mountains — the lovely Madeline Cabin is your best bet!
My boyfriend and I are returning guests at this cozy log cabin, as it’s one of our favorite Virginia rentals. The cabin is perfect for couples and small groups as it has a single bedroom and bathroom, a snug living space, and a lovely front porch with stunning mountain views.
And the best part — a bubbling hot tub on a covered deck!
You’ll also love the cabin’s proximity to scenic hiking trails in the area and peaceful wooded surroundings, which give it a rustic feel. Furthermore, the hosts, Fritz and Olivia, are terrific and take great care of you throughout your stay.
So make your Virginia mountain getaway special with a relaxing stay at the Madeline Cabin. Here’s why we consider it one of the best secluded cabins in Virginia:
- The amenities: The cabin is equipped with all the amenities needed for a relaxing stay, such as a comfortable bed and linens, a full bathroom with complimentary toiletries, a fully-equipped kitchen, a cozy lounge with a flat-screen TV, Wi-Fi, an outdoor hot tub with fairy lights, and porch seating.
- The location: The cabin is conveniently located on a secluded lot with forest surroundings, close to breathtaking hiking trails and Virginia’s best attractions, such as the Shenandoah National Park, Luray Caverns, and Skyline Drive.
- The views: From the patio and hot tub shed, enjoy stunning mountain and valley views, roast s’mores over the fire pit as you watch fireflies, and explore the cabin’s wooded setting in the most beautiful natural scenery.
Basically, it felt like we were in a fairytale home at this cabin!
However, the outdoor hot tub didn’t heat up very well, so we had to make do with a lukewarm temperature.
- The cabin is clean, well-maintained, and nicely furnished.
- There’s air conditioning, heating, Wi-Fi, and a washer/dryer.
- You can enjoy lots of indoor games and snacks stocked in the pantry.
- The bed and sofa are super comfortable.
- There’s an outdoor fire pit in the yard with seating.
- The hot tub didn’t heat to a high temperature and remained lukewarm.
Hence, surprise your loved ones with a peaceful stay at the Madeline cabin, as it’s one of the best.
Romantic Creek House Cabin in the Blue Ridge Mountains – Best Couples Cabin in Virginia
Source: vrbo.com Secluded, Romantic Mountain Cabin in the Blue Ridge Mountains
My boyfriend and I were looking for a secluded mountain cabin in Virginia and came across this gorgeous rental in the Blue Ridge area. We ended up having a fantastic time here as the cabin is nestled among the mountains and near a serene bubbling creek.
You’ll love staying in the cozy cabin, which offers rustic luxury from its modern interiors, hardwood floors, and all-wood exteriors. In addition, there are beautiful outdoors for you to enjoy, including a blooming garden, an outdoor grill for enjoying cookouts, and a seasonal swimming pool on the property.
Furthermore, the host, Stu, is a great guy who ensures you have a relaxing stay here.
So delight your partner with a romantic getaway at the Creek House cabin. Here’s why it’s one of the best in Virginia:
- The location: The cabin has an ideal location nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, a quick drive to all the attractions of Charlottesville. The Brokenback Mountain, Skyline Drive, the Appalachian Trail, and Washington DC are also a short drive away.
- The outdoors: You’ll enjoy complete privacy at this cabin nestled on 200 acres, with two lush hiking trails on the property, a bubbling creek, a covered porch area, and an open deck with comfortable seating, a BBQ grill, and a cozy hammock under the trees.
- Modern Amenities: The cabin has all modern amenities such as a gas fireplace, a fully-equipped kitchen, a two-person Jacuzzi tub, and a walk-in shower, all linens and towels, comfortable bedding and furniture, and carpets in the bedroom and dressing room.
Before booking, note that there is no TV in the cabin and weak Wi-Fi signals, so streaming isn’t possible. However, this wasn’t exactly a deal breaker since there are other entertainment opportunities.
- The cabin is immaculate, well-appointed, and stocked with the essentials.
- The hosts have left many small touches, such as handwritten cards, robes, and more.
- There’s a large swimming pool on the property, accessible in summer.
- You can enjoy entertainment from a stereo with CD’s and tapes, books, board games, and cards.
- The location is perfect for enjoying fresh air on the mountainside.
- There’s no TV or Wi-Fi signals on the property, so you need to drive out to send emails or texts.
Overall, we had a fantastic time at this cabin, and it’s the perfect getaway for couples in Virginia.
Secluded Luray Cabin
Source: booking.com Secluded Luray Cabin
If you’re looking for a remote cabin in the Virginia woods — book this secluded Luray cabin!
My boyfriend and I recently stayed here on a local’s recommendation and had an incredible time. The cabin is completely secluded in the woods, just one mile from the Shenandoah River, which you can hear rushing in the distance, and the Luray Caverns a short drive away.
We especially enjoyed spending time on the spacious front deck, which gave the best forest views and was ideal for having a BBQ from the charcoal grill and al-fresco dining from the spacious bench seating.
So fulfill your cabin-in-the-woods dreams from this quaint cabin in Luray, as it’s one of the best in Virginia. Here’s why:
- The outdoor activities: From this cabin, you’re a short drive to fun activities in the area, such as hiking, ziplining, horseback riding, swimming, boating, and fishing on the river, and exploring museums, bars, and restaurants in the area.
- The facilities: The cabin is well-equipped with great amenities, including two bedrooms with queen beds, a full kitchen, dining table, lounge area facing the deck, a flat-screen Smart TV, a wood-burning fireplace, outdoor seating, a BBQ grill, and more.
- The comfort and convenience: You’ll enjoy complete privacy from the cabin’s secluded location, access to a large front yard, windows and sliding glass doors overlooking the property letting in natural sunlight, great hosting, and much more that make your stay excellent.
Furthermore, the property managers are great and ensure your stay is great with their hospitality and communication.
However, consider before booking that the outdoor furniture, utensils, and grill needed updating as they were worn out from repeated use.
- The cabin has a remote and peaceful location with complete privacy.
- The hostess is friendly and accommodating.
- You’re a short drive from great restaurants, museums, and bars.
- The cabin is well-stocked, with all the amenities you need for a relaxing stay.
- The outdoor furniture and grill need updating as they’re worn out.
Hence, if there’s one place you need for a relaxing getaway in Virginia — it’s this secluded Luray cabin!
Blue Bear Cabin with Hot Tub – Best Secluded Family Cabin in Virginia
Source: booking.com Blue Bear Cabin with Hot Tub
My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Blue Bear Cabin on a family trip and had a fantastic time. The cabin is conveniently located in Luray, close to all the attractions of Shenandoah Valley and many outdoor activities for adventure lovers.
Our small group fit comfortably in the cabin, as it can accommodate up to ten people from four cozy bedrooms and bathrooms, multiple living spaces on the two floors with entertainment facilities, a fully-equipped kitchen, and gorgeous outdoor areas for dining, cooking, and enjoying the natural scenery.
You’ll especially enjoy the six-person hot tub on the back deck, which is ideal for enjoying a relaxing soak surrounded by drooping vines and trees. Furthermore, the host, Albert, is friendly and always a text away if you need assistance.
So make your Virginia getaway unforgettable with a stay at the Blue Bear Cabin. Here’s why it’s one of the best secluded cabins:
- The outdoors: The cabin has a spacious front deck with comfortable outdoor seating and lights, a back deck with a hot tub and gas grill, a large yard with a fire pit area, a separate cabin nearby for larger groups, and a lovely garden space.
- The spaces: You’ll love the cabin’s vast indoor spaces, which are ideal for groups, including cozy living and dining areas on the two floors, three full bedrooms and a lofted sleeping space, private baths, a well-equipped kitchen, many cozy rooms with comfortable seating, a game room, and two decks.
- The amenities: You can enjoy all essential amenities at this cabin, such as bed and bath linens, toiletries, pantry staples, a flat-screen TV, indoor fireplaces, a foosball table, laundry facilities, an outdoor gas grill, air conditioning, and heating, and much more.
However, consider before booking that there is a Wi-Fi connection in the cabin, and you need to bring your own for internet access.
- The cabin is clean, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- The hosts are friendly and accommodating.
- The cabin has a peaceful location surrounded by natural scenery.
- You’re a short drive from great attractions in Luray.
- The cabin is well-stocked with all the amenities (cooking, linens, towels.)
- There is no Wi-Fi in the cabin.
- It gets cold on the downstairs level as the old furnace heating is inadequate.
To sum up, there’s no better cabin in Virginia for a family getaway than the lovely Blue Bear Cabin.
What are some secluded cabins on the Blue Ridge Parkway?
Folks looking for a nature getaway in Virginia should book cabins on the Blue Ridge Parkway, as there are lush hiking trails, water bodies, and gorgeous natural scenery all around. For example, the It’s Five O’clock Here Cabin is ideal for families, with stunning mountain views and private river access; the Terrapin Cabin near the James River has beautiful outdoor spaces; and the Romantic Creek House Cabin is ideal for couples.
Are there secluded cabins near the George Washington National Forest?
There are gorgeous cabins for rent in the Blue Ridge Mountains, close to George Washington National Forest, with unmatched natural scenery. For example, the Blue Bear Cabin in Luray and the Bear Den Mountain Cabin in Maurertown. These rentals have breathtaking locations nestled in secluded forests and close to all the attractions of the National Forest and nearby state parks.
Winding Up The Most Secluded Cabin Rentals in Virginia
Virginia has some fantastic rentals for couples/families/solo travelers located near its prime nature attractions and in secluded settings.
So my boyfriend and I have compiled a comprehensive list of the best Virginia cabins for a quaint getaway, which you can read all about above. Just remember to book right away cause these cabins sell out fast!
Looking for a secluded family cabin in Virginia? Book the Blue Bear Cabin in Luray.
Need a romantic cabin for a couple’s trip? Don’t miss the Creek House Cabin and the secluded Luray Cabin.
The best Virginia cabins have everything you need for a peaceful vacation!
Last Updated on February 11, 2024 by Brian