Looking for your next adventure? Welcome to the best-secluded cabins in West Virginia for 2024!
The Mountain State has been on our bucket list for a while. That’s why when we had the chance to explore the secluded cabins of West Virginia – my boyfriend and I made the most of it!
We spent the summer staying in some amazing West Virginia cabin rentals near excellent outdoor activities and located near the River Gorge National Park, Canaan Valley, Blackwater Falls State Park, Monongahela National Forest, and Berkeley Springs.
The state is filled with natural wonders!
Before our trip, we read countless online reviews, consulted friends from the area, and contacted local rental agencies. All with the goal of finding the very best secluded cabin rentals that meet everyone’s interests, needs, and budget.
Believe me; it wasn’t easy! There are so many great places!
We based our top choices according to the best location, scenic views, amenities, access, and overall experience.
That’s why we are sure – you will find your perfect spot here!
Scroll down and book your favorite secluded cabin rentals now!
(You’ll want to visit them all!)
Source: Vrbo.com, Lake View Chalet in Alpine Lake Resort
The Lake View Chalet in Alpine Lake Resort: Comfortable Luxury for a Perfect Weekend Getaway (with an Outdoor Hot Tub)
Source: Vrbo.com, Lake View Chalet in Alpine Lake Resort
If you’re looking for the perfect base for an unforgettable vacation – this is it!
This was our favorite cabin, and it has three bedrooms, three modern bathrooms, and sleeps up to eight guests. The interior is clean, with a comfortable dining area and living space stretched across an open floor plan. We loved the well-equipped kitchen and master bedroom with a queen size bed.
It’s really a great place.
We loved the outdoor hot tub (Cedar) and the communal indoor pool open year-round. The property is close to a golf course, tennis court, beach, and picnic area.
We spent a lot of time sitting around the outdoor fire pit.
There are also great Ski areas nearby if you visit in the winter. Wisp Ski Resort is a great spot.
Check-in was quick and easy.
The entire cabin is surrounded by nature and perfect for spending quality time with your partner or family.
Here are some reasons you’ll love staying at this cabin:
- Modern amenities: We couldn’t get enough hotel-like amenities, including a swimming pool, hot tub, and fire pit.
- Outdoor activities: You can kayak in Alpine Lake, swim, or take a fun hike in the forest.
- The location: The cabin is in a quiet and secluded place, surrounded by trees. It’s close to a golf course, Alpine Lake, and even Wisp Ski Resort (for winter fun!)
The only thing you need to keep in mind is that the nearest grocery store is about half an hour away. Make sure to stock up on food and supplies on your way to the cabin.
- Enjoy the star-filled night sky gathered around the fire pit.
- Bring your furry friend for a vacation on the lake.
- Spend the day at the indoor swimming pool – on a rainy day.
- Soak in the cedar hot tub after a day of hiking.
- Try kayaking and canoeing on the lake.
- There is no grocery store nearby. Make sure to stock up on food.
- We found a few large spider webs in the bedrooms, but nothing major.
The Anchors Away Cabin: Perfect for a Romantic Getaway (near Blackwater Falls State Park and Monongahela National Forest)
Source: Vrbo.com, Cozy’ Anchors Away’ Cabin Hideaway w/ Fire Pit
This is one of the best log cabin rentals for couples.
Also, everything is on the main floor and wheelchair accessible!!
It’s a one-bedroom, perfect for up to two guests (but can sleep a maximum of six). We enjoyed the cozy log interior with comfortable beds (the master is a bunk room), a fully equipped kitchen, and a spacious walk-in shower.
You will love the spacious yard and lush nature views. Most of our time was spent on the wraparound porch (relaxing on the porch swing) and next to the fire pit. There is also a great covered picnic area.
We loved the rural setting (in the Monongahela National Forest.)
There are so many great places to visit near the cabin. Check out – Blackwater Falls State Park, Lindy Point Observation Deck, and the Teter Creek Lake Wildlife Management Area.
The property is not pet friendly.
So treat yourselves to a romantic vacation with a perfect weekend getaway.
Here’s why it’s one of the best:
- The location: If you are looking to be surrounded by a rich forest with trails, birds, and wildlife, this cabin is perfectly located in the Monongahela National Forest
- The value: The cabin is perfect for a couple but can sleep up to six people, which makes it an excellent value for the money.
- Comfortable interior: We loved the cozy log cabin decore with comfortable and clean furniture. Everything is wheelchair accessible.
My boyfriend and I really felt at home in this cabin. However, remember that the cabin is in a rural area, and there is limited WiFi. We didn’t mind at all! But if you need it for work, it could be an issue.
- Enjoy the peaceful river access right off the property.
- Go hiking, biking, rock climbing, bird watching, or swimming in one of the nearby forests.
- Light up the grill for a relaxing outdoor meal.
- Gather around the fire pit for roasting hot dogs and marshmallows.
- Prepare a romantic dinner for two, and enjoy the night sky off the porch.
- The WiFi was unreliable. But we didn’t need it.
- There are other cabin rentals on site.
The Santi’s Lost Stream (A-Frame Cabin): Best Secluded Cabin in George Washington National Forest (Lost River)
Source: Vrbo.com, A-Frame Cabin, George Washington Natl Forest, Lost River Area, WV
We love A-frame cabins! And you will love this one too!
The two-bedroom, two bath sleeps up to six guests and is located on a private 5 acres of wooded hillside. We really liked the modern living room with floor-to-ceiling windows and the nice dining area. The walk-in shower was perfect.
There is a small but fully-equipped open-plan kitchen (I loved the Espresso machine) and high-speed net and WiFi access throughout the cabin.
The outdoor space is peaceful and relaxing. We spent a lot of time on the large deck surrounded by lush trees and mountains of the George Washington National Forest.
There is also an outdoor fire pit.
If you love outdoor activities, this is a great spot to try horseback riding, mountain biking, wildlife, and bird watching. We even saw deer in the yard.
Also, make sure to visit Shenandoah Vineyards and Shenandoah National Park. (We had a great time!)
This modern cabin was an easy pick for us, and we loved our romantic weekend getaway.
Here are three reasons you’ll love staying here:
- The location: This cabin is surrounded by the forest and mountains, nestled on a 5-acre property. It’s private, calm, and there is a lot of wildlife.
- Outdoor activities: Whether you want to go biking, hiking, bird watching, or exploring the vineyards, this cabin has easy access to it all.
- The value: The cabin rental can sleep up to six guests, which makes it an incredible deal for a family—a real value for the money.
If you ask me – this cabin is awesome! We couldn’t find much wrong with it. I would only mention that there is no cell service (due to the secluded area.) We didn’t mind because the WiFi was strong.
- Enjoy a peaceful meal on the spacious deck.
- Gather around the fire pit for star-watching at night.
- Explore the nearby vineyards.
- Relax on the deck while observing the local wildlife and birds.
- Go for a walk or hike on one of the many trails.
- There is no cell service at the cabin. But the internet is great!
The Aspen Haus: The Best Berkeley Springs Hideaway with Luxury Amenities (Family-Friendly)
Source: Airbnb.com, Hot Tub, Big Deck, Comm Pool, WiFi at Chalet Cabin rentals
If you want to get away from it all, then stay at the Aspen Haus.
My boyfriend and I had such a relaxing time here – it’s like time slowed down!
The house-like cabin has three bedrooms and two bathrooms with all the modern amenities for a comfortable stay. The furniture is clean and comfortable, and we enjoyed the indoor fireplace, full kitchen, spacious beds (all queen-size beds), and floor-to-ceiling windows that brought in all the natural light. I also appreciated the washer and dryer.
Most of our time was spent on the beautiful wraparound deck.
Light up the BBQ grill for a great outdoor meal.
The cabin also has great amenities like an outdoor hot tub (private) and a communal heated swimming pool and basketball court. I had fun soaking up the sun next to the pool.
You will love the location of this cabin because it’s close to Cacapon State Park and Eidolon Nature Preserve for those who love to hike and explore the forest. Yet it’s only minutes away from Berkeley Springs, which has awesome restaurants and shops.
We loved drinking and eating at the Berkeley Springs Brewing Co.
This is a pet-friendly property – bring your pup!
So make your trip extra special by staying at this amazing cabin.
Here’s why it’s one of the best in the state:
- The facilities: You will feel at home in this cabin. It has all the modern comforts, with great bonuses like a private hot tub, heated swimming pool, and beautiful deck.
- The location: This cabin is close to several parks and forests, yet minutes away from the city. You will be close to any activity you choose.
- The outdoor activities: Cacapon State Park and Eidolon Nature Preserve offer wildlife watching, bird watching, hiking, biking, and other activities. (Bring a picnic for a day in the forest.)
We had an easygoing and relaxing vacation at this beautiful cabin. The only thing we noticed is that it needs minor repairs. Some of the light fixtures didn’t work, and there were a couple of broken door handles. Nothing major.
- Take a hike in the National Preserve.
- Soak in the private hot tub after a day of exploring.
- Lounge by the heated swimming pool, or go swimming.
- Explore Berkeley Springs for fun restaurants and shops.
- Enjoy your morning coffee on the private deck.
- The cabin can use small fixes and upgrades (fixing light fixtures and door handles), but all the major stuff was in great working order.
Wrapping up: Best secluded cabin rentals in West Virginia
If you are looking for the perfect secluded vacation – look no further! Our guide has the four best-secluded cabin rentals in West Virginia – perfect for any couple or family.
We did a lot of research and stayed in each cabin, so we can guarantee you a great time – no matter which rental you choose.
Are you looking for a property near the lake? Check out The Lake View Chalet at Alpine Lake Resort.
Want a romantic getaway cabin? Book the Santi’s Lost Stream (A-Frame Cabin).
Looking for luxury amenities? Then stay at the Aspen Haus.
When it comes to secluded cabins in West Virginia – we have your best options!
What’s the best-secluded log cabin for a family vacation in West Virginia?
The Lake View Chalet in Alpine Lake Resort is a great family rental. The cabin has three bedrooms and can sleep up to eight guests comfortably. It also has incredible amenities and fun for the whole family. Check out the outdoor hot tub (Cedar) and the communal indoor pool open year-round. The property is close to a golf course, tennis court, beach, and picnic area.
What amenities and features do secluded cabins in West Virginia offer?
Most secluded cabins in West Virginia have modern and luxury amenities. Asides from clean and well-furnished cabins, you can expect additional comforts like a hot tub, fire pit, spacious outdoor eating area, and more. Some cabins have a shared or private swimming pool.
What is the perfect rental in West Virginia for a romantic getaway?
For a romantic getaway or extended weekend in West Virginia, check out Santi’s Lost Stream (A-Frame Cabin). The two-bedroom, two-bath cabin sleeps up to six guests and is located on a private 5 acres of lush forest and hills. Its near many outdoor activities in the George Washington National Forest, and it has modern amenities like a fully equipped kitchen and a fun fire pit.
Last Updated on February 10, 2024 by Brian