All adventurous travelers are welcome to the best tree house rentals in Dallas!
My boyfriend and I spent part of our summer hunting for the best treehouse rentals in Dallas.
So we hit the road and explored all kinds of Dallas treehouse rentals, including luxury cabins, romantic getaways, cozy treehouse rentals, and family-friendly places.
We found some fantastic locations near Texas Hill Country, Brazos River, Dallas Fort Worth, and Forest Hills.
We’ve consulted reviews, talked to the locals, and visited travel agencies to find the best rentals. That’s why our list and personal experience will help you save money and time and ultimately find the perfect rental for your taste!
After much consideration and personally staying in many treehouse rentals, we’ve narrowed down our choices to the top six treehouse vacation rentals. That’s why you will have so much fun and enjoy each minute, no matter your choice.
Let’s not delay! Your perfect Dallas treehouse rental is on this list!
Don’t forget to look at my guide on the best treehouse rentals in Oklahoma for more ideas for your next vacation.
Source: airbnb.com The Nest by Skybox cabins, Treehouse rentals Dallas
Cloud 9 Tree Haus – Hobbit Treehouse on the banks of the Brazos River – Best For Couples
Source: vrbo.com Cloud 9 Tree Haus (Hobbit treehouse)
My boyfriend and I loved this one-bedroom hobbit treehouse with a walk-up loft, queen bed, and step-in shower. The one-bedroom is a beautiful place with a cozy living area, kitchenette, covered patio, fire pit, and grill.
We loved the communal amenities, including the pool, cabana, picnic tables, and hot tub. The tree house rental is close to Lake Dunlap, so we enjoyed kayaking, jet skiing, and swimming. We even took a wine tour nearby.
This place is one of the best treehouse cabins for couples looking for modern comforts. Here are three reasons why you will want to visit:
- Amenities: The luxury treehouse has a comfortable loft bedroom, bathroom, kitchenette, and patio with details like a step-in shower, fire pit, grill, and comfortable furniture.
- Outdoor activities: This Dallas treehouse offers a communal all-year pool, cabana, playground, picnic tables, and hot tub.
- Location: The Lake Dunlap location is perfect for kayaking, swimming, boating, and other water activities.
This place is one of the top treehouse rentals near Dallas. However, there are additional rentals nearby and shared amenities. This did not bother us, but some might want a more secluded treehouse rental.
- Spend the day swimming in the pool and soaking in the hot tub.
- Watch the star-filled skies next to the fire pit at night.
- Spend the day on the lake, kayaking, and boating.
- Grill and dine in the privacy of your private deck.
- Multiple vacation rentals share the pool and hot tub area.
The Treehouse at Prayer-E-Land – The Perfect Romantic Getaway for couples in Dallas
Source: Airbnb.com The Treehouse at Prayer-E-Land
This one-bedroom treehouse rental, run by Jayme, was cozy and fun. It’s easily one of the unique rentals in Texas. The property has a communal bathhouse, a fire pit, picnic tables, and a swing bed. This treehouse cabin is romantic glamping.
The location was close to Dallas (about half an hour’s drive) and even closer to Lake Tawakoni and the Hams Peach Orchards. The highlight for me was the fresh breakfast provided each morning.
This tree house is one of our favorite vacation rentals for couples. Make sure to book a stay here for the following reasons:
- Atmosphere: The host makes sure everything runs smoothly and comfortably. Everything is clean, the people are friendly, and the communal amenities are fun.
- Service: The communal areas and bathhouse are always perfectly clean and maintained. The breakfast each morning is delicious.
- Location: You can explore the lovely-sized property for wildlife or head to Lake Tawakoni for fun in the water.
This Dallas Airbnb treehouse is unique and has a communal feel. Some might wish for more privacy or a treehouse cabin in a more secluded area.
- Lay in the swing bed and enjoy your favorite book.
- Have a glass of wine next to the prepared bonfire in the fire pit.
- Enjoy the sounds of the trees and birds with the provided breakfast.
- Visit Dallas for some great shopping, restaurants, and coffee shops.
- Multiple tree houses share the communal bathhouse.
Southern Dream Luxury Treehouse – Close to Dallas Fort Worth – Best Luxury Treehouse Rental in Texas with a Hot tub
Source: Airbnb.com Southern Dream Luxury Treehouse rentals
We loved this luxurious, pond-side treehouse in the woods, with a reasonable drive to Dallas and Fort Worth. The interior is impeccable, with massive picture windows, a walk-in rain shower, a hot tub, a fully equipped kitchen, and a swing bed.
The property has excellent trails for walking. We encountered many birds and wildlife. Hanging around the pond was fun. We went to The Kickin Mule in Canton, which our friendly host recommended.
This rental is one of the top Airbnb treehouses in Texas because:
- Comfort: The tree house interior is impeccable, with comfortable furniture, top of a line kitchen, a luxury shower, and massive picture windows.
- Amenities: The property has a walking trail, a stunning pond and view, a hot tub, a fire pit, and modern comforts like air conditioning and Wi-Fi.
- Location: From there, you can easily visit Canton, Tyler, Mineola, and Lindale or drive a little way to Dallas Fort Worth.
This Texas treehouse was close to perfect. However, check-in is after 4 p.m., which is quite late if you want to enjoy the cabin on your first day.
- Look out onto the pond while reading your favorite book.
- Try some fishing right on the property.
- Have some drinks in the hot tub and relax.
- Roast some marshmallows around the night bonfire.
- Check-in at this treehouse rental is one of the latest we had, at 4. pm.
The Nest by Skybox Cabins – Romantic Texas Hill Country Getaway
Source: airbnb.com The Nest by Skybox cabins, Treehouse rentals Dallas
The Nest is located in Texas hill country and is a perfect romantic getaway for couples. The one-bedroom, one-bath is decorated tastefully with a cozy living area and is a treehouse rental that screams romance. The treehouse cabin is surrounded by cedar and hardwood trees filled with birds and perfectly relaxing in the mornings.
The Nest tree house rental is on 50 acres of private land with a lush forest and creek. We enjoyed and saw so much wildlife, including wild turkeys, deer, rabbits, and even horses.
We visited some tremendous nearby locations suggested by the hosts, including the Dinosaur Valley State Park, Fossil Rim, and downtown Glen Rose. They were all so much fun!
Take advantage of one of our most romantic treehouse rentals. Here are the top reasons to book now:
- Treehouse cabin interior: The space is modern but warm, with fantastic comfortable furniture, artwork, romantic lighting, and other beautiful details.
- Outdoor ambiance: The 50-acre private property with a creek provides an excellent place for romantic walks, relaxing bird watching, and exploring wildlife.
- Location: This vacation rental is a short drive from downtown Glen Rose, Dallas, Dinosaur Valley State Park, and Fossil Rim.
This treasure is a beautiful place and one of the best tree house rentals for couples. Just be prepared that there is no TV or internet. So plan accordingly. We enjoyed being off the grid.
- As you walk the private property, observe the local deer, rabbits, and wild turkeys.
- Go shopping and restaurant hunting in downtown Glen Rose.
- Read a book in the secluded bird’s Nest.
- Have a romantic dinner on the private deck.
- This treehouse cabin doesn’t provide a TV or internet.
The Kessler Park Treehouse – The Extraordinary Treehouse Location and Luxury Treehouse Experiance
Source: airbnb.com Kessler Park Treehouse rentals Dallas
This three-bedroom, two-and-a-half-bathroom luxury treehouse was perfect for us and our favorite couple. The interior was impeccably clean and well-furnished, with a fully equipped kitchen with modern appliances, a washer and dryer, and plenty of bathroom space for everyone.
We spent most of our time using the incredible private pool, gas grill, fire pit, and spacious outdoor eating and lounging area. This place was one of the few tree house rentals that could accommodate up to eight people, so the four of us had plenty of space and privacy.
Take advantage of one of the best group treehouse rentals near Dallas. Here are three reasons why you will love it:
- Amenities: This tree house has all the modern appliances you could need. There is a well-stocked kitchen, and the bedrooms are incredibly comfortable.
- Outdoor activities: This is one of the rare tree house rentals with a private pool. The outdoor area with a great bonfire, grill, and pool is perfect for hanging out all day.
- Location: In under half an hour, you can get to unique places like The Bishop Arts District, Six Flags, Rangers Ballpark, and downtown Dallas.
This Texas treehouse rental is exceptional and extraordinary for families or a group of friends. The only downside is that we found dog hair on some furniture. This fact can be a problem for people with allergies.
- Light the grill for a perfect afternoon of fun in the sun.
- Play volleyball in your private pool.
- Make it a day to Six Flags.
- Go bar hopping in downtown Dallas.
- This place is one of the pet-friendly treehouse cabins, so those with allergies should be careful.
Cute As a Button Cottage in Little Forest Hills – An excellent Place for Couples and Friends
Source: airbnb.com Cute As a Button Cottage in Little Forest Hills
This modern treehouse cabin sleeps up to six guests and is located in Little Forest Hills in Northeast Dallas. We spent the weekend with our friends and had so much fun! The host was kind and informative and helped us plan some activities. The interior was impeccably clean and comfortable. We loved the large backyard where we grilled each night.
The location is perfect and close to White Rock Lake, where we spent some time soaking up the sun. We also enjoyed the Dallas Arboretum.
This Dallas Airbnb rental is one of the best treehouses for families or small groups of friends. Make sure to book this Texas treehouse because:
- Great host: Laura was so accommodating and friendly. She was quickly responding to messages and helping us find close by activities.
- Amenities: The tree house has a washer and dryer, a fully equipped kitchen with all appliances, a spacious and modern bathroom, and a TV with all the streaming networks.
- Location: The tree house is close to downtown Dallas, the Dallas Arboretum, and White Rock Lake, which are all well worth visiting.
This spot was a wonderful Dallas Airbnb tree house for our friends and us. However, This cute treehouse cabin is not in a private area. There are other rentals and neighbors all around.
- Spend the day exploring downtown Dallas.
- Soak up the sun and do some fishing at White Rock Lake.
- Visit the Dallas Zoo.
- Enjoy the large backyard and spend the night grilling with your friends.
- This Texas treehouse is not secluded and has close-by neighbors.
Winding Up: The Best Treehouse Rentals in Dallas, Texas:
If you are searching for the perfect Texas treehouse, your search will bring you to the Dallas area. Dallas has the most extensive selection of treehouses in Texas, with great options for couples, families, and groups of friends. They also have the best treehouses with great amenities.
We have explored as many treehouse cabins as possible, so I can guarantee our list has the best options for you!
Read each review carefully because you will want to visit more than one of these treehouses in Texas.
Top Treehouse Stays in Dallas, TX
|Name of Rental
|Cloud 9 Tree Haus
|1. Swimming in the pool.
2. Star-filled skies by the fire pit. 3. Day on the lake.
4. Private deck grilling.
|Close to Lake Dunlap.
|Shared pool and hot tub.
|The Treehouse at Prayer-E-Land
|1. Swing bed relaxation.
2. Bonfire with wine.
3. Sounds of trees and birds.
4. Visit Dallas.
|Close to Dallas and Lake Tawakoni.
|Shared communal bathhouse.
|Southern Dream Luxury Treehouse
|1. Pond view reading.
2. On-property fishing.
3. Hot tub relaxation.
4. Night bonfire.
|Near Canton, Tyler, Mineola, Lindale, Dallas Fort Worth
|Late check-in at 4 p.m.
|The Nest by Skybox Cabins
|1. Observe local wildlife.
2. Downtown Glen Rose.
3. Secluded reading.
4. Romantic private dinner.
|Close to Dinosaur Valley State Park and Fossil Rim.
|No TV or internet.
|The Kessler Park Treehouse
|1. Grill fun.
2. Private pool volleyball.
3. Day at Six Flags.
4. Downtown Dallas bars.
|Close to Bishop Arts District, Six Flags, Rangers Ballpark.
|Pet-friendly (allergy concerns).
|Cute As a Button Cottage in Little Forest Hills
|1. Explore downtown Dallas.
2. White Rock Lake.
3. Dallas Zoo.
4. Backyard grilling.
|Near downtown Dallas, Dallas Arboretum, White Rock Lake.
|Not secluded with nearby neighbors.
What amenities do treehouse rentals in Texas offer?
Most treehouses in Texas offer fully equipped kitchens, separate bedrooms, full bathrooms, and outdoor areas for BBQuing, lightning bonfires, or outdoor eating. Many treehouse cabins also offer luxury amenities like a hot tub, private pool, picnic area, porch swings and beds, outdoor showers, and other activities.
What are the best tree house rentals in Dallas for couples?
The tree house Cloud 9 Tree Haus on the banks of the Brazos River is a great romantic getaway. The property has a hot tub, covered patio, grill, fire pit, and other great amenities for some one on one time; since it’s also close to Lake Dunlap, it’s easy to go kayaking, canoeing, swimming, or even tubing.
Another great option is the Dallas Airbnb rental The Nest by Skybox cabins. The tree house is on 50 acres of private land with a lush forest and creek. It’s perfect for exploring and observing the birds and wildlife in seclusion.
What treehouse takes the “extraordinary treehouse Dallas” title?
The “extraordinary treehouse Dallas” title belongs to The Kessler Park Treehouse. The property has all the modern appliances and amenities needed for a luxury stay. It’s close to the Bishop Arts District, Six Flags, Rangers Ballpark, and downtown Dallas. And has a private pool, grill, fire pit, and spacious outdoor eating area.
What’s the best luxury treehouse rental for couples near Dallas?
The Southern Dream Luxury Tree house is one of the best treehouse cabins for couples. The property has impeccably comfortable furniture, a top-of-a-line kitchen, a luxury shower, and massive picture windows. The tree house has a private hot tub and space for a bonfire.
Last Updated on October 27, 2023 by Brian