Are you dreaming of an escape? Let us show you the best-of-the-best treehouses in Ireland for 2024!
My boyfriend and I just took a road trip through Ireland, searching for the perfect treehouse getaway and a new adventure. During our trip, we found an exciting range of rentals with modern amenities and unique accommodations perfect for couples and families.
We researched by consulting online reviews, friends from the area, and local travel agencies – all searching for the perfect place to stay. We scoped out countless properties with diverse treehouses offering indoor and outdoor activities, natural surroundings, incredible views, secluded locations, and amazing hosts.
After much consideration, we narrowed our picks to the top five treehouses to help you save money and time for your perfect rental.
In this article, we share our experience and recommend the best treehouse rentals in Ireland based on location, view, amenities, host interaction, and overall experience.
We searched wide and long for the perfect treehouses, so we guarantee you will find your perfect stay on the list.
Trust us; these are all amazing treehouses, so you will have an amazing stay no matter your pick!
Let’s take a look at the top treehouses in Ireland!
The Birdbox – The Couples Hideaway with Glenveagh view and Scots Pine Trees
Source: Airbnb.com, The Birdbox, Donegal Treehouse with Glenveagh National Park view
My boyfriend and I loved this tiny treehouse for our romantic getaway. The cozy treehouse, with access from a rope bridge, has a large deck overlooking Glenveagh National Park, which we loved exploring. The deck has a large mature tree out of the ground, surrounded by oak and scots pines. We loved the interior, with plenty of space for two, a comfy double bed in the loft, and floor-to-ceiling large windows bringing in plenty of light. There’s even a skylight right above the bed, perfect for star-watching.
The interior has a kitchenette with a refrigerator and stove, a quirky sink, and an indoor toilet and shower. We even lit the wood-burning stove for some romance. Our hosts, Pete and Anna, were friendly and accommodating. Exploring the Wild Atlantic Way region was great.
We had a wonderful stay at the Birdbox treehouse and escaped modern life with all the necessary comforts. Here are three reasons you will love staying here:
- Amenities: This treehouse has everything you need, including a deck and deck furniture, toilet, shower, kitchenette with a stove, and a loft with a great double bed.
- Great location: The treehouse overlooks Glenveagh National Park and is less than two miles from the scenic village of Fintown. There are great pubs and restaurants nearby.
- The value: This property is incredible, with a price of under $100 per night for couples. There is also a discount for weekly stays.
The Birdboy is one of the best treehouses in Ireland, and we had a hard time finding fault with the property. Just keep in mind three treehouses are on the property, which means less privacy. We didn’t mind.
- Enjoy your morning coffee with a meadow and hills view.
- Go for a walk and spot the local deer.
- Cuddle up with a book on the double bed and under the large skylight.
- Light the wood-burning stove for some romance.
- Take a five-minute walk to the nearest pub, and enjoy some drinks.
- The property hosts three treehouses and is not as secluded as some rental options.
The Tuckmill Treehouse – The Best Couples Hideaway in the Surrounding Countryside
Source: Airbnb.com, The Tuckmill treehouse
We loved staying at the Tuckmill treehouse on a 40-acre working farm. The treehouse is functional with a large deck, lofted double bed, bathroom with a walk-in shower, and small dining area. We felt cozy and comfortable in the spacious open-plan living area. We made full use of the outdoor BBQ for most of our cooking.
The farm was fun, with lots of animals. There is a wooded area where we spotted rabbits and squirrels. I loved lounging in the outdoor hammocks. The hosts were friendly and gave us a tour of the property. They also helped us find nearby restaurants and pubs.
The Tuckmill treehouse is a perfect spot for couples looking to relax. Check out three reasons why you will love this treehouse:
- The property: The 40-acre working farm is a fun and peaceful place to enjoy the domestic animals and walk the wooded trails observing wild animals.
- Cozy and comfortable interior: The treehouse surrounded by leafy treetops has comfortable furniture and a cozy loft sleeping area. There is a walk-in shower and a nice dining area.
- The hosts: Hiamh and the rest of the family are great hosts. They gave us a property tour and helped us find great pubs and restaurants.
This rental is one of the best treehouses in Ireland for couples looking for a simple and relaxing farm stay. However, remember that the treehouse doesn’t have a kitchen, so you must stock up in town or use the gas grill for outdoor cooking.
- Enjoy a quiet BBQ on the spacious deck.
- Visit the animals on the working farm.
- Go for a walk in the woods and observe wildlife and birds.
- Read a book in the hammock.
- Visit the nearby restaurants and pubs for some live music.
- The treehouse doesn’t have a kitchen, and there is only an outdoor gas grill.
Teapot Lane Glamping – Top Adults-Only treehouse rentals in Ireland
Source: Booking.com, Teapot Lane, treehouses in Ireland
My boyfriend and I loved reducing our carbon footprint and staying at this glamping, adult-only treehouse tent. The interior is spacious with a large comfortable bed, wood burning stove, free WiFi, BBQ, and continental breakfast options. The large panoramic window provides a great view and lots of natural light. Two glamping treehouses nearby also share the facilities, like a separate bathroom and kitchen.
This treehouse accommodation is for adults only. It’s a perfect luxury camping opportunity; you don’t need any sleeping bags or equipment. We loved being about a mile away from Mullaghmore Beach, which is sandy and perfect for swimming and sunbathing. The owners live adjacent to the panoramic domes and are friendly and accommodating.
We loved this untraditional adults-only stay. Here are three reasons you and your partner will want to book this property:
- Comfort and accommodation: The dome has all the needed amenities for a comfortable night’s sleep, with high-quality shared facilities, including a kitchen and bathroom.
- Great location: Mullaghmore Beach is about a mile away and is a perfect subtropical swimming paradise for spending the day outside.
- Attentive hosts: The hosts keep the facilities impeccably clean and are friendly and accommodating. They also provide a continental breakfast option.
Staying here is a great way to reduce carbon footprint and enjoy glamping with modern comforts. However, the property has two glamping treehouses, a cottage, and a traditional treehouse right on the property. It lacks privacy.
- Light the wood-burning stove for some evening romance.
- Enjoy panoramic views with your morning coffee.
- Enjoy a fun day at the nearby beach with swimming and kayaking.
- Grab a to-go continental breakfast to have on the way to your adventure.
- Light up the BBQ grill and watch the stars at night.
- The property has multiple rentals, and the hosts live adjacent, so it is not secluded.
The Balance Treehouse – The Best Luxury Treehouse Accommodation for Couples
Source: Airbnb.com, The Balance Treehouse, luxurious treehouses in Ireland
This Northern Ireland treehouse is a perfect luxurious couples’ getaway in a handmade treehouse created from sustainable materials. The treehouse has a fully equipped kitchen, a comfortable king-size bed with a glass roof, large windows, and a glass shower for two. The outside, accessible by a rope bridge, has a small balcony with a private hot tub, hammock, and outdoor furniture. The railing is made out of tree trunks.
We found the panoramic views of lush forests and mountains stunning. The treehouse had absolutely everything, so we didn’t feel the need to leave. This place is a fully insulated treehouse, so it’s warm even on rainy days. We loved watching the rain fall on the glass ceiling and even soaked in the hot tub in the rain.
The Balance Treehouse in Northern Ireland is a one-of-a-kind grove house with complete luxury. Here’s why you’ll want to book it right away:
- Amenities: You don’t have to leave this treehouse for an amazing time with a fully equipped kitchen, glass outdoor shower for two, private hot tub, glass ceiling, king-size bed, and outdoor seating area.
- The View: Situated on a cliff with oversized windows and a balcony, the treehouse has stunning mountains and lush forest views.
- Host Service: They provide luggage dropoff and free parking, and the hosts are incredibly accommodating.
This treehouse was great. There was not much I would change. However, there is a wooden bridge with ropes and stairs to get to the property. It’s not for those afraid of heights.
- Enjoy drinks and the view from your private outdoor hot tub.
- Take a two-person outdoor shower with an impeccable view.
- Prepare a romantic meal in the fully equipped kitchen.
- Watch the night skies from the king-size bed with a glass ceiling above it.
- Enjoy a movie on the large projector in the bedroom.
- The property has a lot of stairs to get inside.
- You must pass a long wooden rope bridge to get to the treehouse.
The Urban Tranquilatree Treehouse – A Modern Treehouse Just Minutes from Cork City Center
Source: Airbnb.com, The Urban Tranquilatree Treehouse
The Urban Tranquilatree Treehouse is perfect for anyone wanting to explore Cork City. We loved the location, and we were only a steep hill and a five-minute walk from the Cork city center. There were many nightclubs, pubs, restaurants, and shops to visit.
We loved the unique treehouse accommodation surrounded by leafy treetops. The upper level has a comfortable and clean bedroom with a nice double bed and small balcony, while the downstairs is a wet room with a shower and toilet. The treehouse is fully insulated, keeping it warm in winter and cool in the summer. The hosts are super friendly and deliver a fresh breakfast to the treehouse.
This amazing County Cork treehouse rental is a magical hang-out spot for couples only minutes from downtown Cork city center. Here are more reasons you will want to book it:
- Location: The West Cork treehouse is minutes from the city center and has amazing shopping, nightlife, restaurants, and more.
- Accommodations: The bedroom is comfortable, with a balcony providing a city view. There is a nice bathroom, and it’s nestled among treetops.
- Host services: The hosts are attentive and provide luggage drop-off services and a delicious freshly made breakfast.
This rental is another magical treehouse perfect for couples exploring the city. But keep in mind that the treehouse is in the host’s garden. We did not mind because they gave us plenty of privacy.
- Enjoy your morning coffee with a city view from your balcony.
- Read a book from the cozy window seats, looking out the double glass doors.
- Explore Cork city center with just a short walk from the treehouse.
- Enjoy a fresh breakfast served by the hosts.
- The treehouse is in the garden of the host’s property.
Wrapping Up: The best treehouses in Ireland
Ireland is a fantastic destination for treehouse accommodation. The country’s diverse landscapes make for a variety of unique treehouse stays in Ireland. Whether you want a view of national parks, nearby beaches, or even the city, there’s a rental that fits the bill.
Our journeys have taken us to many top treehouse stays in Ireland, allowing us to compile a list of the best treehouse lodges in Ireland. We’re confident that your dream Irish treehouse holiday rental is right here. Whichever treehouse you select, expect excellent service and great value.
Don’t wait, start your booking process! These superb options offer the feel of a comfortable home in a new setting, be it a secluded treehouse in Ireland or luxury treehouse rentals in Ireland. It might be a romantic treehouse getaway or a family-friendly treehouse rental. There’s even eco-friendly treehouses for those who prefer green living. Experience an Irish woodland treehouse rental, a treehouse resort, or even an Ireland treehouse Airbnb. Make your next vacation a treehouse vacation in Ireland and reconnect with nature.
Top Treehouse Rentals in Ireland
|County Donegal, Ireland
|Deck with Glenveagh view, Kitchenette, Toilet, Shower, Loft with double bed
|Morning coffee with a view, Wood-burning stove, Walking distance to the pub
|Less privacy due to multiple treehouses on property
|The Tuckmill Treehouse
|Baltinglass, County Wicklow, Ireland
|Located on a 40-acre farm, Lofted double bed, Bathroom with walk-in shower
|BBQ on spacious deck, Interaction with farm animals, Walk in the woods
|No kitchen, Only an outdoor gas grill
|Teapot Lane Glamping
|Large comfortable bed, Wood burning stove, BBQ, Continental breakfast options
|Reduce carbon footprint, Close to beach, Continental breakfast
|Less privacy due to multiple rentals on property
|The Balance Treehouse
|Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
|Fully equipped kitchen, King-size bed with glass roof, Glass shower for two, Private hot tub
|Outdoor hot tub with a view, Outdoor shower for two, Fully equipped kitchen, Glass ceiling above bed
|Lots of stairs, Long wooden rope bridge to access
|The Urban Tranquilatree Treehouse
|Cork, County Cork, Ireland
|Bedroom with double bed and small balcony, Wet room with shower and toilet
|Close to city center, Fresh breakfast served by hosts, Insulated treehouse
|Located in host’s garden
What’s the unique treehouse rental in Ireland?
The Balance Treehouse is a great unique stay with lots of luxury amenities. The treehouse has an outdoor glass walk-in shower for two, a private hot tub, king size bed with a glass ceiling, and a fully equipped kitchen. The outdoors has a stunning view of the mountains and a deck area with tree trunks as fencing.
What are the best Glamping treehouses accommodations in Ireland?
If you are looking for a glamping experience, the Teapot Lane Glamping site for adults is perfect. The property provides a shared kitchen and bathroom space with two more panoramic domes. The bedroom is luxurious, comfortable, and perfect for couples. There is even a continental breakfast option. Each dome has its own privacy and high-end furnishings, which makes them a lot like luxury hotel rooms.
What luxurious amenities do treehouses in Ireland have?
Most luxurious treehouses in Ireland have high-quality amenities, including a walk-in shower, modern appliances, a fire pit, a picnic table, a wine fridge, and sometimes a sauna or a swimming pool. Other luxury amenities include high-quality bedding, a fireplace, an outdoor dining area, private hot tubs, and stunning views.
Last Updated on February 6, 2024 by Brian