Welcome to the best Los Angeles treehouses awards show!
My boyfriend and I have spent the last month on the road in and around LA, looking for the best treehouse rentals that promise a relaxing getaway. For this, we consulted locals, scoured the internet for online reviews, and tested each rental by staying a few days in them.
Our search led us to the Topanga Canyon, Woodland Hills, places near Hollywood, and close to downtown LA, which had some gorgeous cabins and treehouses.
So after much back and forth and roughing it out in the treehouses, we narrowed it down to the top five treehouses in LA, ranked on amenities, locations, views, hosts, and overall value.
Our goal with this article is to help you save time and money in choosing the best Los Angeles treehouse by sharing our personal experiences.
Warning: Spending a few days in these wonderful treehouses makes it very hard to leave!
Let me see the best Los Angeles treehouses!
Renovated Zen Treehouse Retreat in Woodland Hills – Best California Tree House Resort for Families
Source: vrbo.com Renovated Zen Treehouse Retreat in Woodland Hills
Get ready to vacation in a holiday home straight out of a magazine from the Zen treehouse in Woodland Hills, which is one of our favorite Los Angeles treehouse rentals. My boyfriend and I recently stayed at this treehouse and had an amazing time, as the rental is conveniently located below the hills of Topanga with nature all around.
The treehouse comfortably accommodates up to five people from its three bedrooms and two bathrooms, plus great spaces for entertaining, such as a large living room, a fully equipped kitchen, and a meditation loft. However, our favorite space was the outdoor deck overlooking the trees, which had ample seating, a BBQ grill, and the best views.
In addition, the treehouse is hosted by AJ, who’s friendly and responsive and ensures your stay is comfortable.
So book the Zen treehouse for a family getaway or small group retreat, as it’s the best Los Angeles, California treehouse rental. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The amenities: The treehouse has comfortable linens, great indoor and outdoor furniture, a full bathroom with all the essentials, a newly renovated kitchen space, a flatscreen TV in the living room, high-speed Wi-Fi, and all the amenities you need for a relaxing stay.
- The spaces: Guests can enjoy the coziest spaces in this treehouse, such as a study that doubles as a dedicated workspace, a meditation loft, a café style-lit deck with stunning views, a coffee nook in the kitchen, and much more.
- The location: The treehouse has an ideal location in the hills of Topanga, with lush hiking trails a few minutes away and a fifteen-minute drive to the Pacific Coast Highway.
We had a terrific time at this treehouse and could hardly find fault with our stay. However, the upstairs loft can get hot due to a lack of cooling.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished,
- The host AJ is efficient and responsive to guest issues.
- There are multiple spaces for entertaining and seeking seclusion in the treehouse.
- The hosts provide guests with a complimentary goody bag of curated treats and gifts.
- The rental is close to all the attractions in Los Angeles.
- The upstairs loft can get hot at night due to a lack of cooling.
Overall, we had a wonderful time here, and it’s ideal for either family or as romantic treehouse rentals.
Flying Pig Treehouse Oasis – Best Treehouse Los Angeles Airbnb
Source: airbnb.com Flying Pig Treehouse Oasis
Built on an old Oak tree overlooking a waterfall is the Flying Pig treehouse oasis, which is one of the best treehouses in Los Angeles. My boyfriend and I are returning guests at this terrific treehouse, which is close to the historic neighborhood of Topanga and is nestled on two acres of private wooded property with beautiful views all around.
We always have an amazing time at this rustic, bohemian tiny house, which has a cozy cabin feel from its open outdoor bathroom and a single bedroom, all close to nature and surrounded by the large old oak tree. Our favorite part was the private deck with two Adirondack chairs and a table hanging over a dry creek, where we enjoyed many meals and coffees.
In addition, the rental is hosted by Tatyana and her family, who are terrific hosts and ensure your stay is comfortable.
So book the Flying Pig treehouse for a glamping getaway, as it’s one of the best California treehouses. Here’s why:
- The amenities: The outdoor bathroom has a shower, sink, and toilet, a mini fridge and kettle indoors, two Adirondack chairs, a large coffee table, a propane BBQ with stove top and a yoga mat on the deck, electric outlets for charging, Wi-Fi, a Nespresso coffee maker with organic coffee, and composting cutlery.
- The spaces: The treehouse comes with one bedroom with a queen bed that sleeps two, a private bathroom, a balcony and a deck overlooking the property, and access to the two-acre grounds.
- The location: The treehouse is close to Topanga for shopping, dining out, exploring its historical attractions, visiting the seasonal waterfall below the treehouse, and exploring the hilly woodlands.
However, guests should consider before booking this treehouse that the owners live nearby on the same property, and you can see and hear them easily from the open-air treehouse, so there isn’t a lot of privacy.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and eco-friendly.
- The hosts are responsive and attentive throughout your stay.
- The treehouse has all the amenities you need for a comfortable stay.
- The treehouse is close to fun outdoor activities.
- The cozy treehouse is ideal for couples and solo travelers looking for a glamping getaway.
- The owners live nearby, and you can see them from the treehouse, so there isn’t much privacy.
Overall, we had a terrific time at this rental, as it’s one of the best California treehouse cabins.
Handlebar Treehouse – Best Treehouse Cabin California
Source: airbnb.com Handlebar TREEHOUSE – Best Cabin Tree House rental California
Guests looking for a modern treehouse living in Los Angeles that’s close to the city’s famous attractions should book the Handlebar treehouse, as its prime location in Hollywood is minutes from the Sunset Strip and gives the best views. My boyfriend and I recently stayed at this treehouse and had a fantastic time.
The treehouse features a chic master bedroom, two outdoor decks overlooking the hills, a fully equipped kitchen, and an expansive lounge space. We especially enjoyed having our dinner from the custom-built bar stools, and deck seating, which gives Los Angeles the most amazing nighttime views.
In addition, the hosts, Sam and Daniel, are friendly and responsive and ensure you have the best time.
So book a relaxing vacation from the Handlebar treehouse, which we consider one of the best treehouse hotels in California. Here’s why:
- The modern amenities: The treehouse features a fully equipped kitchen, a laundry room, a private master suite with a queen sofa bed, a full bath with a clawfoot soaking tub, two flatscreen TVs with dish network, high-speed Wi-Fi, and private parking.
- The spaces: Guests can enjoy meditating and trying out yoga on the upper deck, sunbathing and eating on the relaxing chairs on the lower deck, cooking in the full kitchen, and taking in the stunning views of Hollywood and the Sunset Strip from the treehouse’s many large windows.
- The activities: Guests are minutes from the city’s best restaurants, retailers, nightclubs, bars, shopping malls, hiking trails, biking paths, and much more.
We had a wonderful time at this rental and were at a loss to find any problems with it. But if you’re a first-timer in LA, note that the drive up the hill is steep and difficult to navigate.
- The house is immaculate, beautifully furnished, and well-maintained.
- The hosts are very friendly, responsive, and accommodating.
- There are complimentary snacks, coffee, and essentials left for guest usage.
- The treehouse offers complete peace and quiet from its secluded setting.
- The city’s best attractions are minutes away.
- The drive up the treehouse is steep and requires expert navigation.
Overall, the Handlebar treehouse is an ideal rental in LA, for everyone, and one of our top recommendations.
The Topanga Log Cabin – Best Tree House Camping California
Source: airbnb.com The Topanga Log Cabin – Best Tree House Camping California
My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Topanga log cabin and had the most amazing few days here. The cozy treehouse cabin is nestled in a private garden overlooking the mountains and hills of Topanga and is an ideal retreat for a glamping getaway.
We loved the snug interiors of the treehouse, which included an open plan bedroom, a kitchenette, hardwood floors, plus an open ceiling & rustic logs, which gave it a more modern look. However, our favorite space was the outdoor deck, which gave the best hillside views and was ideal for dining, meditating, or enjoying a morning coffee.
In addition, the treehouse is hosted by Bianca and Patrick, who are the best hosts and ensure your stay is comfortable.
So don’t miss a chance to book the Topanga treehouse location, as it’s one of the best Los Angeles sleeps. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The amenities: The small kitchenette has basic pots, pans, and utensils, plus a hot plate and mini fridge; lounge chairs and outdoor dining on the deck; a bench with meditation pillows and comfortable bedding indoors and more.
- The attention to detail: The hosts have put a lot of thought into making the rental feel comfortable, with touches like complimentary teas and local coffee, a small reading nook set up with an old record player and an electric fireplace for a vintage feel, an electric blanket for the bed, a walk-in shower in the bathroom, and much more.
- The outdoor activities: The treehouse has easy access to the scenic Topanga State Parks and beaches, while the Santa Monica Mountain skyline and miles of trails are just off the property.
However, guests should consider that there are stairs leading to the property, which can be a problem if you have someone with mobility issues.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- The hosts are welcoming and helpful throughout your stay.
- The deck lights up at night, so you can enjoy outdoor dining under the stars.
- The treehouse is close to great hiking and nature trails.
- There is adorable furniture and décor around the treehouse, which add to its cozy feel.
- There are multiple stairs leading to the treehouse, which can be difficult to climb for people with mobility issues.
- The bathroom doesn’t have a door, so you won’t have much privacy.
Overall, we had the best time at Topanga’s quirky tree top cabins, and we recommend them to everyone needing a secluded getaway.
Modern Gorgeous Treehouse – Best California Treehouse Airbnb for Families
Source: airbnb.com Modern Gorgeous treehouse Tree View Hill Home – Best Tree House Airbnb California
Families looking for a rental in Los Angeles should book the Modern treehouse, as it’s a spacious home secluded in the hills while being minutes from Woodland Hills and all of California’s best attractions. My boyfriend and I have been coming here for years with our families, and we always have the best time.
This modern treehouse has high ceilings and an open floor plan and can accommodate six people from its three bedrooms and baths. There are also beautiful outdoor spaces for cooking, dining, and enjoying the treetop views. We particularly loved cooking in the huge kitchen that’s fitted with modern appliances and dining on bar stools from the granite countertops.
In addition, the hosts are responsive during your stay and efficiently solve any issues guests come across.
So book the Modern treehouse for your next family vacation, as it’s one of the best in Los Angeles. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The amenities: The bedrooms have king and queen-size beds with comfortable linens, the bathroom has a full soaking tub and complimentary toiletries, there are all essential appliances and cookware in the kitchen, plus flatscreens, cable access, high-speed Wi-Fi, air conditioning, ample outdoor furniture, and a gas grill.
- The spaces: The house has three full bedrooms and two full bathrooms, a cozy living room complete with a wood-burning fireplace and massage chair, a full kitchen, a patio, a study room upstairs for remote working, and a half bath, plus extra sleeping space for additional guests.
- The location: The house is close to Topanga Canyon, nearby beaches, Malibu, Ventura Boulevard for shopping and dining, Warner Center, and even Hollywood.
Although not a deal breaker but something to consider is that the host lives in the house for most of the year when guests aren’t staying, and there’s a certain lived-in feeling to it, so you won’t be renting a rent-only property.
- The house is clean, well-maintained, and beautifully decorated.
- The host is very friendly, responsive, and accommodating.
- The house comes with all the amenities you need.
- You can drive down to great trails, beaches, and stores minutes away.
- The location is completely secluded and a great writer’s retreat.
- The rental is the owner’s home as well, so you cannot use many items (the owner lets you know this), and you have to follow certain house rules.
- The accommodation is not ideal for families with small children.
Overall, we enjoyed our getaways at the Modern treehouse and recommended it if you’re looking for an ideal California home that’s close to everything.
What are the best treehouse vacation rentals California?
California has some incredible vacation rentals nestled in the hills, in secluded neighborhoods, and close to downtown LA. You can book these amazing properties for good prices on Airbnb and Vrbo, such as the Modern Gorgeous Treehouse and the Zen Treehouse in Woodland Hills, which are ideal for families, couples, and small groups looking for a modern getaway.
Which treehouse in Los Angeles has an old oak tree overlooking it?
The infamous Flying Pig Oasis treehouse in Los Angeles is built around an ancient oak tree, which overlooks a seasonal waterfall and dry creek. This rental is one of the best in LA for families and small groups looking for a glamping treehouse, as it has complete privacy on a private lot with a combination of modern and rustic amenities.
What are the best tree house rentals California?
A treehouse getaway is all the rage in California, and you can get some terrific rental properties nestled in the Topanga Canyon region, and Woodland Hills, which offer stunning mountain and hill views and lots of privacy. Some of the best ones are the Topanga log cabin at Camp Fernwood, the Handlebar treehouse, which overlooks Sunset Boulevard, and the Zen Treehouse.
What is the best Airbnb treehouse Los Angeles?
You can find some amazing treehouse rentals on Airbnb in Los Angeles which offer good rental prices, scenic locations, and friendly hosts. Some of the best ones are the Flying Pig treehouse, the Airbnb Lake Arrowhead treehouse, the Handlebar treehouse, and the Modern treehouse. These rentals have modern amenities, secluded locations, and proximity to LA’s major attractions.
What is the best tree house Los Angeles for couples?
If you need a romantic treehouse for a couple’s retreat in Los Angeles, book the Topanga log cabin, the Flying Pig treehouse, and the Zen treehouse, as they’re cozy rentals that accommodate two people easily, offer all the modern amenities and have remote locations nestled in the trees for ample privacy.
Winding Up The Best Treehouse Rentals Los Angeles
If you’re looking for a comfortable vacation rental in Los Angeles, book the area’s best treehouses, which guarantee a relaxing time from their stunning and remote hillside locations, and access to all the modern amenities you’re used to.
So whether you need a treehouse for couples, families, or solo travelers, book the amazing rentals mentioned in this article.
Need a family-friendly rental in Los Angeles? Book the Modern treehouse and the Zen treehouse.
Want a rental for couples in Los Angeles? Don’t miss the Handlebar treehouse and the Flying Pig treehouse.
Looking for a glamping treehouse in Los Angeles? Book the Topanga log cabin.
The Los Angeles treehouses have everything you need in a treehouse vacation!
Last Updated on December 11, 2023 by Brian