Nature lovers gather around for the most incredible treehouses in Ontario!
My boyfriend and I love taking road trips in the summer months. This year we spent weeks on the road exploring every inch of Ontario, searching for the perfect treehouse. We did a lot of online research, consulting family and friends and asking the locals for recommendations, which helped us narrow our top choices to the best five treehouses.
We’ve stayed at some incredible treehouses with luxury amenities, rustic reclaimed materials, and nearby activities, all perfect for relaxing weekend getaways or fun with your friends. We also explored great locations near hiking trails, protected forest areas, and attractions like the Otter, Mississippi, and Sydenham rivers.
Trust me; these treehouses are in incredible and peaceful locations, far away from the noise and stress of everyday life.
This article presents information that will save you time and money and help you quickly find your ideal treehouse. That’s why we shared our experience and provided information on the treehouse views, location, amenities, host interaction, and overall experience.
It was hard to narrow our choices to only five, so trust these are the best-of-the-best treehouses Ontario has to offer!
Let’s find your perfect treehouse right away!
The Treehouse – The Best Overall Elegant Treehouse Retreat in a Private Forest Near Port Perry
Source: Airbnb.com, Treehouse in a private forest in Port Perry, Ontario
My boyfriend and I loved this secluded treehouse on 300 acres of surrounding forest land. The one-bedroom, one-bath treehouse has all the amenities, including a double bed in the loft bedroom, comfortable shower, BBQ, gas stove top, outside campfire pit, indoor fireplace, and a balcony.
We loved the location, which was less than an hour from downtown Toronto and provided great restaurants, grocery stores, and bars. We also had a few nearby horse farms, golf courses, ski hills, and a nearby winery. The private forest was amazing, and we got to explore hiking trails, mountain biking, swimming in ponds, and there is even Cross Country Skiing in the winter.
We loved a lot of things about this treehouse. Here are the top three reasons why you’ll want to visit:
- Privacy and seclusion: This unique treehouse is on over 300 acres of private wooded land, offering total privacy and an option to explore the lush forest and trails around the treehouse.
- Comfortable amenities: A fully equipped kitchen, a comfortable dining area, a lofted sleeping platform, a fire pit, a picnic table, and spectacular views in each direction.
- Location: We loved being secluded, yet less than an hour away from Toronto. The location is nearby a golf course, a horse farm, hiking and mountain biking trails, and several swimming areas.
Being one of the best treehouses we visited, it’s hard to find fault with this treehouse. But if we had to find something, it would be the lack of air conditioning. The treehouse can get hot in the summer months.
- Enjoy your morning coffee to the sound of the forest and birds while surrounded by pine trees.
- Set up a romantic meal at the picnic table.
- Gather around the fire pit for roasting marshmallows and hot dogs.
- Go swimming or kayaking in the onsite ponds.
- Take advantage of cross-country skiing in the winter.
- There is no air conditioning for the hot summer nights.
- There is no WiFi.
The Whispering Pines Treehouse – The Best Romantic Getaway in the Heart of Wine Country
Source: Airbnb.com, The Whispering Pines Treehouse, rentals in Ontario
We loved this two-person cozy two-story house built on eight pine trees. The upper level has a clean, comfortable queen-sized bed and a balcony. There is a basic kitchenette, a bathroom with a shower, and another large balcony overlooking a lush forest ravine, all perfect for two adults.
The location was perfect, with restaurants and grocery stores near the treehouse. We loved exploring the Jordan area and wine country. We visited Honsberger Estate Vineyard and Creekside Estate Winery. We also bought great gifts at Upper Canada Cheese Company and Niagara Falls.
We enjoyed a lot of things at the Whispering Pines treehouse. Here are three reasons you’ll love staying here too:
- Amenities: There was a great basic kitchenette with a refrigerator, microwave, and cooking basics, a comfortable modern bathroom, and spacious balconies with an outdoor dining area.
- Location: The calm natural surroundings ensured a quiet and calm hideaway from the busy city life. We loved the sound of birds and trees in the morning.
- Value: The rental rates at this treehouse are competitive and a great value for all the amenities and great location.
My boyfriend and I loved our experience at this quiet getaway, so finding fault with the property is difficult. We would have loved a washer and TV for additional convenience.
- Enjoy your morning coffee and breakfast on the balcony while listening to the trees and birds.
- Explore the great vineyards and wineries in the region.
- Light up the grill for some outdoor dining and time in nature.
- Take the easy drive to Niagara Falls.
- Lay in the comfy queen bed and enjoy reading or writing in a calm, comfortable space.
- A washing machine would go a long way, especially for an extended stay.
- We would have loved to have a TV for some entertainment at night.
The River Treehouse on the Sydenham River – A Cozy and Secluded Treehouse Hideaway for Two Adults
Source: Airbnb.com, The River Treehouse on the Sydenham river
We loved this glamping treehouse on the banks of the Sydenham river. It’s perfect for a comfortable and safe camping experience in a cozy and comfortable tree house. The sleeping area is comfortable and spacious with a great memory foam mattress; a wood stove is inside, and a nice porch for relaxing.
We spent a relaxing weekend here and loved the fire pit, hammock, and outdoor shower. There is no hot water but a composting toilet and a cold tap at the barn. The treehouse has no electricity and plumbing, but if you need to charge something, the hosts will help you. You can hear the running water at the river and many birds in the trees, which is an impeccable feeling as you wake up.
So if you love camping but still keep some basic comforts, this treehouse is the perfect place. Here’s why we loved staying here:
- Glamping amenities: We loved the back-to-nature feeling with a composting toilet, outdoor shower, campfire pit, and hammock. The sleeping arrangements were comfortable and cozy.
- Great Outdoor activities: It was easy to go kayaking and canoeing right on the river. We also loved bucking blueberries at the Parks Blueberries Farm nearby.
- Value: This treehouse is incredibly priced yet offers a great treehouse experience, making it a great value.
We love the camping experience and back-to-nature feeling at this treehouse. However, remember that this property has no plumbing and electricity (off-grid treehouse). Also, there is no WiFi.
- Gather around the campfire pit and enjoy watching the star-filled skies.
- Light up the over-the-fire metal grill for a great outdoor meal.
- Go kayaking at the river.
- Cool off with an outdoor shower.
- Enjoy hiking and nearby walking trails for bird and wildlife watching.
- This treehouse rental doesn’t have electricity or indoor plumbing.
- There is no WiFi provided, so plan.
The Eco-Friendly Waterfront Treehouse with a Hot Tub – The Best Treehouse for Groups on the Mississippi River
Source: Airbnb.com, Eco-Friendly Waterfront Treehouse with a Hot Tub, Ontario tree houses
This eco-friendly treehouse is made of reclaimed materials with a comfortable interior that comfortably sleeps eight guests. The sleeping arrangements are comfortable, with a king bed, two single beds, and two queen-sized beds. We loved staying here with some of our friends and had so much fun right on the banks of the Mississippi River.
The hosts provided fun board games, books, and DVDs, which we loved, but we spent most of our time on the river, kayaking, rafting, swimming, and fishing. In the evenings, we gathered around the campfire pit and did lots of grilling. My favorite part was relaxing in the hot tub after a full day of activities. The outdoor shower was also convenient on hot summer days.
- Comfort and convenience: There was plenty of space for eight people, comfortable sleeping arrangements, a basic kitchenette with a microwave and refrigerator, grill, hammock, and outdoor dining area.
- Great outdoor activities: The river provided constant opportunities for swimming, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, and fishing.
- Location: The secluded treehouse was near necessities like a grocery store and great restaurants. We loved the nearby Purdon Conservation Area, with amazing walking trails.
Our group loved this backcountry camping experience. The location was amazing, and we enjoyed our favorite tree house. There is no running or hot water in the outdoor shower. This treehouse is a destination for the summer months.
- Wake up to the sound of the river and rustling trees.
- Enjoy grilling and outdoor dining with friends.
- Go swimming, rafting, or kayaking at the river.
- Visit the Purdon Conservation Area for great walking trails.
- Enjoy the night sky next to a bonfire.
- There is no running water in the treehouse.
The Baltic – The Perfect Getaway to a Luxury Treehouse Experiance
Source: Airbnb.com, The Baltic Luxury treehouse
My boyfriend and I loved The Baltic treehouse and all the high-end amenities it offers. The two-story treehouse has a comfortable main bedroom in the loft with floor-to-ceiling windows and incredible bedding. The main floor has a spacious living area and comfortable sofa bed, a fully equipped kitchen, a luxury bathroom with a custom rain shower wraparound deck, an outdoor shower, and a private hot tub (a wood-burning barrel sauna for an authentic experience).
We loved the record player and wood-burning stove. The deck is spacious, and we spent much time lounging and eating outside. The treehouse is surrounded by tall oak and pine trees, which gave us lots of privacy.
This treehouse is your place if you want a comfortable, luxurious treehouse with all the needed amenities. Here are more reasons to book it right now:
- Amenities: This treehouse has a modern and new interior with a custom rain shower, outdoor shower, wood-burning hot tub, fully equipped kitchen, spacious wraparound deck, and yard.
- Great design and comfort: The two-story treehouse has oversized windows in all directions, making you feel outside. The appliances are modern, and the furniture is clean and comfortable.
- Friendly hosts: The host, Lauren, was super friendly and answered all our questions quickly. She was accommodating and even helped us around the hot tub.
We were very fond of our time at this great treehouse. There are so many comforts it’s hard to find a flaw. But the rental doesn’t have air conditioning. Which wouldn’t be a problem, except it was unusually warm during our visit and the nights were hot.
- Soak in the wood-burning hot tub.
- Read a book in the loft bedroom with an impeccable view from the oversized windows.
- Light a bonfire and roast some hot dogs and marshmallows.
- Prepare a romantic meal in the fully equipped kitchen.
- Grill and eat outdoors on the spacious wraparound deck.
- The treehouse lacks air conditioning.
Wrapping up: The Best Treehouse Rentals in Ontario
City dwellers searching for a break will find solace in Ontario’s treehouse accommodations. Nestled in tranquil forests, beside babbling rivers, and near adventure-filled national parks, these treehouse stays in Ontario still provide convenience to metropolises like Toronto.
Our team sampled numerous treehouse holidays in Ontario to curate our top five recommendations. Rest assured, your ideal treehouse rental is within this list.
Our diverse range encompasses everything from treehouse camping in Ontario to luxury treehouses in Ontario. So, irrespective of your vacation style, we’ve got a fitting choice ready for you. Explore these Ontario treehouse rentals for your next treehouse vacation in Ontario to experience the finest Ontario eco-stays, blending into the beauty of the Ontario wilderness stays. Get ready for an unforgettable Ontario treetop adventure in your perfect treehouse Airbnb in Ontario.
Top Treehouse Rentals in Ontario
|Privacy and seclusion, comfortable amenities, close to Toronto
|No air conditioning, No WiFi
|One-bedroom, one-bath, double bed in loft, shower, BBQ, gas stove top, campfire pit, indoor fireplace, balcony
|Port Perry, Ontario, Canada
|The Whispering Pines Treehouse
|Great amenities, perfect location, great value
|No washer, No TV
|Two-person two-story house, queen-sized bed, basic kitchenette, bathroom with shower, balconies
|Lincoln, Ontario, Canada
|The River Treehouse on the Sydenham River
|Glamping amenities, great outdoor activities, great value
|No electricity, no indoor plumbing, No WiFi
|Comfortable sleeping area, wood stove, porch, composting toilet, outdoor shower
|Florence, Ontario, Canada
|The Eco-Friendly Waterfront Treehouse with a Hot Tub
|Comfort and convenience, great outdoor activities, good location
|No running water
|Space for eight people, comfortable sleeping arrangements, basic kitchenette, grill, hammock, outdoor dining area, hot tub
|Mississippi River, Ontario, Canada
|High-end amenities, great design and comfort, friendly hosts
|No air conditioning
|Two-story treehouse, main bedroom in the loft, living area, sofa bed, fully equipped kitchen, luxury bathroom, custom rain shower, outdoor shower, private hot tub, wood-burning barrel sauna
|Minden Hills, Ontario, Canada
What amenities do Ontario tree house rentals have?
Most Ontario tree houses have amenities like fully equipped kitchens, modern bathrooms with walk-in showers, balconies, yard space, and incredible views. It’s also easy to find luxury amenities like swimming pools, hot tubs, saunas, modern appliances, and even a french press coffee maker.
What’s the best eco-friendly treehouse rental in Ontario?
The best eco-friendly treehouse in Ontario is The Eco-Friendly Waterfront Treehouse with a hot tub on the Mississippi River. This rental is perfect for a larger family or group of friends and sleeps up to eight guests. The treehouse is made of reclaimed materials with great amenities like a hot tub, campfire pit, and outdoor shower. The location allows for many water activities like swimming, kayaking, and fishing.
What’s the best treehouse rental near downtown Toronto?
The first treehouse pick for visiting the downtown Toronto area would be The Elegant Treehouse Retreat in a Private 300-acre Forest Near Port Perry. It has all the amenities, including a double bed in the loft bedroom, comfortable shower, BBQ, gas stove top, outside campfire pit, indoor fireplace, and a balcony. It’s also near horse farms, ski hills, and wineries.
The second treehouse pick for visiting Toronto is The Whispering Pines Treehouse, located 25 minutes from Niagara Falls and less than an hour from Toronto. The two-story treehouse has an upper floor main bedroom with a queen size bed and balcony, while the downstairs has a spacious living area, kitchenette, and balcony perfect for grilling and outdoor eating.
Last Updated on October 27, 2023 by Brian