Welcome to the best South Carolina tree house rentals in 2024 awards show!
My boyfriend and I have spent the last few weeks treehouse-hopping in South Carolina, searching for the state’s best treehouse rentals. For this, we consulted many online reviews, took recommendations from locals, and experimented by spending a few nights in each tree house.
We stayed in the best sea locations, such as Hilton Head Island and Seabrook Island, relaxing at Beaufort and Mountain Rest, and even visited Lake Jocassee and other unique locations to find the best treehouse.
So after roughing it on the road, testing beds, views, and amenities, we finally narrowed it down to the five best tree houses with scenic locations, hosts, facilities, and overall value in South Carolina.
Our goal with this article is to help you save time and money in choosing the best tree house for your vacation by sharing our personal experiences. So you can select any tree house from the ones mentioned below, and we guarantee you the best time in each one.
Let me see the best South Carolina tree house rentals already!
Looking for an enchanting escape? Dive into my curated list of the most captivating treehouse rentals in North Carolina and discover a new way to experience the Tar Heel State.
Airy Treehouse with Bikes Walk to Harbour Town – Best Tree House Rental in Hilton Head Island
Source: booking.com Airy Treehouse Harbour Town
My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Airy treehouse in Hilton Head Island and had the most amazing time. Despite the sea location, the treehouse was close to the airport, and the nearby Harbour town, while being in a secluded area, so we enjoyed the peaceful environment and convenient location.
The gorgeous bungalow-style treehouse has a staircase leading to it and well-furnished outdoor spaces, such as a deck and a balcony, where guests can enjoy views of a lovely garden. However, our favorite space was the ground floor which had a lone swing chair that was perfect for curling up with a book and a gas grill on which we cooked up some delicious dinners.
So if you need a comfortable treehouse rental in South Carolina for couples or a small group, make sure to check out the Airy treehouse. Here’s why it’s the best South Carolina treehouse:
- The amenities: The house is stocked with all the amenities you’ll need, such as a fully-equipped kitchen, free Wi-Fi and four Smart TVs, bedroom and bathroom essentials, and more.
- Comfort and convenience: The house has comfortable living spaces with two bedrooms that can sleep up to four people, a patio with outdoor furniture for enjoying a meal, large windows for taking in the views, and four bikes for guest use.
- The location: The treehouse is a bike ride away from the nearby Harbour town, where guests can check out local eateries and stores, and it offers a secluded environment without much noise.
There’s hardly any fault to find with this terrific treehouse, and we didn’t encounter any problems during our stay. However, the outdoor furniture was uncomfortable, so we couldn’t enjoy it much.
- The treehouse is clean, well-furnished, and fully stocked with kitchen and bedroom essentials.
- The hosts are friendly and responsive to guest queries.
- The house has beautiful windows which let in plenty of light and air.
- Guests can access the nearby public pool.
- The beaches nearby are a ten-minute trolley ride away from the treehouse.
- The outdoor furniture isn’t very comfortable.
Overall, we had an amazing time staying at the Airy treehouse, and we highly recommend it to families and small groups looking for a treehouse getaway in South Carolina.
Treehouse Style Villa in Seabrook Island – Best Tree House in South Carolina for Families (Close to Charleston)
Source: Vrbo Treehouse Style Villa
My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Treehouse on Seabrook Island with our families and had a fantastic time. This stunning treehouse is perched on a hilltop surrounded by trees, facing the Lagoon of the Crooked Oaks Golf Course, and close to many beaches and downtown Charleston.
We were in awe of this treehouse’s beauty and masterful architecture, which had spacious bedrooms that sleep up to five people, fourteen floor to ceiling windows overlooking the outdoors, and two cozy decks outside. Our favorite part was cooking in the newly furbished kitchen, which made cooking a lot of fun with the family.
In addition, our hosts were Doug and Nancy, who ensured our trip was comfortable with their great communication and hospitality.
So don’t miss the Treehouse Style Villa for your next family vacation, as it’s one of the best treehouse rentals in South Carolina. Here’s why:
- Attention to detail: The owners have put many small touches in making the house comfortable, such as providing all necessary amenities in the bedrooms, bathrooms, and kitchen, a great outdoor space on the decks for eating and entertaining, four bicycles to use in town, and much more.
- The places nearby: The guests can visit Freshfields Village, Charleston, and Bohicket Marina nearby, which have great stores, restaurants, and bars, and some historic plantations and gardens as well.
- The outdoor activities: There are terrific beaches and golf courses nearby, which guests can access, plus horse riding trails, the Oceanfront Beach Club, and tennis and pickleball courts.
The only negative to this treehouse is that the furniture and appliances are well-used by previous guests. However, this isn’t a deal breaker as their functionality is fine.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and fully stocked with essentials.
- The hosts are amazing and responsive throughout your stay.
- The treehouse offers stunning views of the surrounding greenery and golf grounds.
- There are towns, beaches, and clubs nearby that guests can access.
- The outdoor decks are great for enjoying a meal, reading a book, or relaxing with a morning coffee.
- The furniture is well-lived in and could use replacements.
- The appliances appear dated in the kitchen.
All in all, our families had a terrific time at the Treehouse Style Villa and considered it one of the best family tree houses in South Carolina.
The Majestic Treehouse – Best Luxury Treehouse Rental in South Carolina
Source: airbnb.com The Majestic Treehouse
My boyfriend and I booked a few days at the Majestic treehouse at Bolt Farm on a local’s recommendation, and we had an incredible time. The owners built this luxury treehouse, and it’s the most popular Airbnb treehouse in South Carolina for its gorgeous interiors, antique décor, and high-end finishes.
We loved the Bolt Farm’s 40 acres of land, which housed this treehouse and promised complete peace among the forest, with creeks, hiking trails, and wildlife roaming the land. The treehouse itself was stunning, made from timber harvested on the farm and with comfortable living spaces like the bedroom and the outdoor deck.
In addition, the hosts are terrific and ensure guests are comfortable throughout their stay.
So don’t miss the chance to book this treehouse (it sells out pretty fast!) for your next romantic getaway in the woods, as it’s the best luxurious treehouse in South Carolina. Here’s why:
- The attention to detail: The owners have put a lot of thought into making the treehouse unique, such as providing vintage china for the organic coffee, offering seasonal vegetables grown on the farm, antiques decorating the house, and the highest quality furnishings and bed linens.
- The amenities: Guests will enjoy many rustic amenities like a fire pit for campfires, an outdoor shower, heating, and air conditioning, board games for kids, and much more, making it a year-round destination.
- The outdoor activities: From the vast farm grounds, guests can access 2.5 miles of trails for walking, jogging, and hiking, plus mountain biking and much more.
There are hardly any negatives to staying at the Majestic treehouse, but guests should consider that the bedroom’s skylight lets ants in, so there might be a few dead ones lying around. However, the hosts informed us beforehand, so it wasn’t a problem.
- The treehouse is clean, beautifully furnished, and has all the essentials.
- The hosts are friendly and very responsive throughout your stay.
- The outdoor decks offer stunning forest views and are great for enjoying a meal.
- The owners offer a luxury package with many special treats and perks.
- Slippers, robes, and shower shoes are offered to guests, which is a beautiful touch.
- Ants are coming in from the skylight at night.
- The treehouse is 100 yards from the main road, so it gets loud at night from the sound of passing cars.
Overall, the Majestic is a spectacular rental, and we highly recommend it for couples and small groups looking for terrific treehouse rentals in South Carolina.
The Lost Treehouse of Lake Jocassee – Best Adventure Tree House Rental in South Carolina
Source: airbnb.com The Lost Treehouse of Lake Jocassee
Last summer, my boyfriend and I were visiting Salem to meet a couple of friends and ended up staying at the Lost treehouse of Lake Jocassee. We had an amazing time at this treehouse, which is located just minutes from the lake and one mile from Devil’s Fork State Park, with stunning forest views all around.
The treehouse is nestled among tall trees and offers a cozy living space from its loft bedroom with a queen bed that accommodates up to two guests and a balcony overlooking the woods. However, our favorite part was roughing it out in the bathhouse, which is located fifty feet from the treehouse and has a shower, toilet, and changing bench.
In addition, the hosts, Daniel and Lana, have kept the house in terrific shape and were very responsive during our stay.
So make sure to book the treehouse at Lake Jocassee for your next couple’s getaway, as it’s one of the most rustic South Carolina treehouse rentals. Here’s why:
- The amenities: The treehouse has great amenities for the small space, such as a mini fridge, coffee maker, and dinnerware in place of the kitchen, a propane grill for cooking, two outdoor fire pits, and a clean bath house with all the bathing essentials.
- The views: The treehouse has large windows overlooking a beautiful, quaint forest and a calm lake nearby, which makes for a peaceful environment.
- The activities: Guests can enjoy terrific outdoor activities like kayaking, swimming, paddle boarding, and even camping at Devil’s Fork State Park.
One thing you should consider before coming here is that there’s a steep ladder leading to the sleeping loft, and it might be difficult to climb for some people. However, it’s mentioned in the rental details, so this was no issue for us.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- The nearby lake and State Park are terrific for spending the day outdoors.
- The hosts are terrific and ensure your stay is smooth.
- Guests can take hiking and waterfall tours which the hosts arrange in advance.
- The bathhouse is super clean and well-maintained.
- The ladder leading to the sleeping loft is steep and somewhat difficult to climb.
Overall, we had a terrific time at the Lake Jocassee treehouse, and we consider it one of the best treehouse rentals for adventurous couples and solo travelers.
Private Island Treehouse – Most Amazing Treehouse in South Carolina with a Hot Tub
Source: airbnb.com Private Island Treehouse
My boyfriend and I were looking for a treehouse to enjoy a glamping experience, and we came across the Private Island treehouse. The treehouse is located on a semi private island, minutes from downtown Beaufort, which has great restaurants, stores, and public golf courses.
We loved having the whole island to ourselves, which has a dock to access the waters, plus paddle boards and kayaks. The best part was the glamping experience, which promised modern amenities like air conditioning, heating, and indoor bathrooms, while having us cooking over the outdoor fire pit, fishing on the dock, and watching wildlife roam the grounds.
In addition, Joni and Todd were the best hosts and ensured our stay was comfortable.
So enjoy treehouse living and uninterrupted access to a gorgeous island in South Carolina from this treehouse.
- The semi-private island: Guests will have full access to the island, with a golf cart provided by the hosts to drive around the 2000 ft boardwalk, a dock for fishing, kayaking, canoeing, and paddle boarding, and a swim spa.
- The views: From the dock, guests can enjoy incredible sunset views, and the serene surroundings make for a terrific working and relaxing environment.
- The amenities: The treehouse has the best hot tub, an outdoor grill for cooking, a spacious and well-furnished bedroom, a washer/dryer, and cooking essentials in the kitchen area.
Although the treehouse has no problems, other guests are staying in nearby rental homes, plus the hosts, so you won’t have complete privacy here.
- The treehouse is spacious, clean, well-maintained, and beautiful.
- Guests can fish from the dock for sea trout, sharks, and rays.
- There are great restaurants and stores in the nearby town.
- The hosts are friendly and ensure your stay is comfortable.
- The treehouse is accessible for people with mobility issues from a built-in ramp at the entrance.
- There are neighbors and hosts in the nearby homes, so you won’t have complete privacy here.
- The bed is a swing bed that creaks when you sleep, so it isn’t the most comfortable.
Overall, we had a terrific time at the Private Island treehouse, and the quaint setting makes it one of the best South Carolina treehouse rentals.
The Top Treehouse Cabins in South Carolina
|Airy Treehouse with Bikes Walk to Harbour Town
|– Best for couples or small groups
– Secluded yet close to Harbour town
– Well-furnished with great amenities
|– Clean and well-furnished
– Friendly hosts
– Beautiful windows
– Access to public pool
– Beaches 10-min trolley ride away
|– Uncomfortable outdoor furniture
|Treehouse Style Villa in Seabrook Island
|– Best for families
– Hilltop location with stunning views
– Nearby attractions and activities
|– Clean and well-maintained
– Responsive hosts
– Stunning views
– Proximity to towns and beaches
– Great outdoor decks
|– Well-used furniture
– Dated kitchen appliances
|The Majestic Treehouse
|– Luxury treehouse with unique decor
– Located in a peaceful forest setting
– Hosts offer a luxury package
|– Clean and beautifully furnished
– Friendly hosts
– Stunning forest views
– Special perks offered
|– Ants from the skylight
– Close to main road (noise)
|The Lost Treehouse of Lake Jocassee
|– Best for adventurous couples
– Located near Lake Jocassee and Devil’s Fork State Park
– Rustic amenities with modern comforts
|– Clean and well-maintained
– Nearby outdoor activities
– Responsive hosts
– Clean bathhouse
|– Steep ladder to sleeping loft
|Private Island Treehouse
|– Best for glamping
– Located on a semi-private island
– Modern amenities with outdoor adventures
|– Spacious and clean
– Fishing opportunities
– Nearby restaurants and stores
– Accessible entrance ramp
|– Not completely private
– Creaky swing bed
Where is the honeymoon treehouse in South Carolina?
Folks looking for the best place to spend their honeymoon in South Carolina should head to the Bella Luna treehouse near Mountain Rest Lake, with terrific amenities like a vintage crystal chandelier hanging over the king sized bed, cable TV, an indoor bathroom, and a cozy kitchen. In addition, it has a sister treehouse, the Stella Vista, which comes with gorgeous interiors like vintage French doors, a king sized bed in the spacious bedrooms, a river rock floor illuminated by copper wire fairy lights, and a west facing deck for the perfect morning coffee. So you can experience a cozy honeymoon treehouse in these two Mountain Rest rentals.
What are some unique treehouse rentals in South Carolina?
The best South Carolina treehouse rentals offer some unique quirks in their locations, views, and amenities, which guests will love to rent. For example, the private and peaceful treehouse in Hilton Head Island promises a quaint getaway, the Bella Luna and Majestic treehouse romantic escape offers a great honeymoon treehouse, and the Terrific treehouse, aka cozy tiny house, promises the best amenities with its indoor entertainment, a glass ceiling, stainless steel appliances, heated towel rack, and much more.
Which tree house has the best hot tub in South Carolina?
If you’re staying in South Carolina over the winter, you’ll want to book a treehouse with the best hot tub to stay warm and cozy after a day outdoors. We recommend the Private Island treehouse in downtown Beaufort, surrounded by incredible natural beauty and has a private hot tub for guests to relax in and even a fire pit nearby to stay toasty warm.
What’s the best treehouse rental near Stumphouse Mountain Bike Park?
The Stumphouse Cabin is a great treehouse rental near Stumphouse Mountain Bike Park, as it’s close to Mountain Rest lake, and some other great treehouses. The cabin has great perks, such as it faces Crystal Lake, is pet-friendly, can sleep up to four people from its comfortable bed, and sofa bed, and is a very budget-friendly lake-facing rental option.
Winding Up the Best Treehouse Rentals South Carolina
There’s no better way to spend a relaxing weekend than the treehouses in South Carolina, which promise serene locations, terrific amenities, and stunning forest and seaside views. My boyfriend and I have gone around the state searching for the best treehouses, so you can find ones matching your needs from the ones mentioned in this article.
Looking for the best luxury tree houses in South Carolina? Book the Majestic treehouse in Bolt Farm.
Need the best South Carolina treehouse rentals for families? Don’t miss the Treehouse Style Villa on Seabrook Island.
Want the best South Carolina treehouse rentals for stunning natural beauty? Visit the Majestic treehouse, the Lost Treehouse, and the Beaufort island treehouse.
The best tree house rentals in South Carolina are your home away from home!
Last Updated on February 3, 2024 by Brian