Welcome to the ultimate guide on Treehouse Rentals in West Virginia – your gateway to the best treetop escapes!
My boyfriend and I spent the last few weeks on a scenic journey across West Virginia, searching for the best treehouse for a relaxing getaway in the woods.
We traversed through West Virginia’s hidden gems, from the serene Canaan Valley to the quaint towns of Davis and Thomas and the adventurous Fayetteville.
We consulted a ton of online reviews and asked locals for their recommendations, ensuring we experienced the best of what West Virginia’s treehouses had to offer. We evaluated each based on their picturesque locations, amenities, unique characteristics, and the overall value they added to our treehouse experience.
Our aim? To simplify your search for the perfect treehouse rental in West Virginia. By sharing our experiences, we hope to save you time and money, guiding you toward an unforgettable stay in the heart of nature.
So, each treehouse mentioned below is the best of the best, and we guarantee you’ll have a terrific stay no matter which one you choose.
Let me see the best West Virginia treehouses already!
Related: Journey through my meticulously curated guide to the most whimsical treehouse rentals in Ohio, and elevate your next escape amidst Ohio’s scenic beauty.
The Tree House in New River Gorge National Park – Best Luxury West Virginia Treehouse Rental for Families (Close to Fayetteville)
Source: vrbo.com The Tree House at the New River Gorge National Park
Embark on a Luxurious Treehouse Adventure Near Fayetteville:
Discover the pinnacle of luxury treehouse living at the New River Gorge National Park treehouse, a perfect family-friendly treehouse retreat located in the heart of West Virginia’s lush wilderness. This unique stay, nestled in Wild Rock woods and just minutes from downtown Fayetteville, offers an experience that blends luxury hotel comforts with the charm of nature lodgings.
Spacious and Elegant: Ideal for Families and Adventure Seekers:
Our recent stay at this treehouse accommodation with our families was incredible. The treehouse comfortably housed our group of four adults and three kids, featuring spacious bedrooms, three full baths, and a screened-in dining area offering scenic views of the outdoors. The wraparound deck became our favorite spot for leisurely coffee mornings and relaxing with a book, enveloped by nature’s tranquility.
The New River Gorge Treehouse hosts went above and beyond to ensure a smooth and relaxing stay, highlighting their commitment to outstanding guest hospitality.
Why the New River Gorge Treehouse is a Must-Book for Families:
- Adventure Awaits: Situated near the New River Gorge Bridge, this treehouse is a gateway to exciting outdoor activities like rafting, hiking, mountain biking, and kayaking on the Gauley River, perfect for family treehouse adventures.
- Luxurious Design and Amenities: Crafted by luxury resort Designer Tag Galyean, this treehouse is a masterpiece of design, featuring a swinging queen bed on a screened-in porch, a gourmet kitchen, hotel-style rooms, and elegantly furnished living spaces.
- Outdoor Enjoyment: Embrace the beauty of the woods with the treehouse’s outdoor fire pit and gas grill, ideal for family BBQs and campfire s’mores, enhancing the eco-friendly treehouse stay experience.
- Immaculately clean, well-furnished, and spacious, ideal for large groups or families.
- Amenities include a large-screen TV, a fully-stocked kitchen, and comprehensive bed and bath supplies.
- A great room with stunning glass-surround, high ceilings, and abundant natural light.
- Indoor gas fireplace and outdoor fire pit and grill for cozy evenings.
- Attentive and caring hosts ensuring a comfortable stay.
- Proximity to neighboring treehouses may impact privacy.
- Occasional issues with hot tub cleanliness due to frequent use.
Overall, the New River Gorge treehouse stands as a superb option for families or large groups seeking a luxurious, nature-immersed retreat in West Virginia’s pristine forests.
Woody’s Treehouse Hideaway In French Creek – West Virginia’s Premier Treehouse Camping Experience
Source: vrbo.com Woody’s Treehouse Hideaway
Woody’s Treehouse Hideaway in French Creek offers an unparalleled back-to-nature camping experience, as discovered last summer by my boyfriend and me. Nestled in 130 acres of verdant forest, this secluded treehouse provides a tranquil retreat from urban life.
Embracing Rustic Charm and Simplicity at Woody’s Treehouse Hideaway
Woody’s Treehouse’s rustic charm captivated us. Its lack of running water, complemented by an outdoor toilet and fresh spring water, deepened our connection with nature. The outdoor fire pit, our favorite feature, allowed for authentic campfire cooking under a starry sky, embodying the essence of glamping.
Shirley and Ron, the hosts of Woody’s Treehouse Hideaway, ensure every stay is comfortable and memorable with their impeccable maintenance and guest-focused hospitality.
Why Woody’s Treehouse Hideaway is Your Ideal Camping Destination:
- Authentic Camping Experience: Traditional camping elements like fire pit cooking, using spring water, and nights lit by lanterns and battery lights.
- Cozy and Functional Living Spaces: A snug bedroom, well-equipped kitchen, comfortable living room with forest views, and a deck for nature appreciation.
- Incredible Value: Priced at only $25 per person, the treehouse offers all essentials with the option of generator use for an additional fee.
Preparing for Your Adventure at Woody’s Treehouse Hideaway
While our experience was exceptional, future guests should note that reaching the treehouse requires a larger vehicle due to the forest terrain.
Pros of Choosing Woody’s Treehouse Hideaway:
- Clean and well-furnished, with all necessary supplies.
- Exceptional hospitality from hosts Shirley and Ron.
- Features like an outhouse, fire pit, hammock, and makeshift shower add rustic charm.
- Opportunity to hike and stargaze at night.
- The hosts’ homemade maple syrup is a delightful bonus.
- The forest road may be challenging for smaller vehicles.
Woody’s Treehouse Hideaway in French Creek emerges as a top choice for those seeking a rustic, camping-style retreat among West Virginia’s treehouse rentals.
Canaan Valley Mountain Treehouse – Best West Virginia Treehouse Rentals in the mountains
Source: vrbo.com Canaan Valley Mountain Treehouse
My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Canaan Valley treehouse and had an amazing time there. The treehouse is conveniently located close to the towns of Davis and Thomas while being close to all Canaan Valley activities and New Timberline Mountain.
We loved staying at this three-story treehouse, which has an open living room and kitchen, plus many windows to enjoy the views of the valley. The best part was the guest access to the privately owned Mirror Lake Recreation Area, where you can enjoy fishing, canoeing, swimming, hiking, biking, and more.
In addition, the hosts have kept the house in great condition and communicated well with guests throughout their stay.
So make sure to book a trip to the Canaan Valley treehouse for a relaxing time in the gorgeous valley. Here’s why it’s one of the most amazing treehouse rentals in West Virginia:
- The nearby towns: The treehouse’s great location places guests close to the Davis and Thomas towns, which have great restaurants and stores, and the nearby valley and mountains for hiking and outdoor activities.
- Guest access: Canoes, pedal boats, kayaks, SUP boards, life jackets, and oars are provided to guests at no additional charge for the Mirror Lake Recreation Area.
- The gorgeous interiors: The treehouse is very spacious and has beautiful living spaces with large windows that let in ample sunlight. There are also huge decks to take in the valley views and a hot tub to unwind after a long day outdoors.
The only negative to our stay was the steep driveway leading to the main road, which inconvenienced getting in and out of the treehouse. This isn’t exactly a deal breaker since the path is still safe.
- The treehouse is clean, well-furnished, and stocked with all amenities needed.
- The treehouse is close to many towns, state parks, and recreation areas.
- The hosts are friendly and responsive.
- The kitchen is spacious and well-stocked, which makes cooking fun.
- The living room and balconies offer beautiful outdoor views.
- Navigating the driveway by car is difficult in and out of the treehouse.
- The gas fireplace is sometimes out of order.
Overall, our stay at this mountain treehouse was terrific, and we highly recommend it to everyone looking for the best West Virginia treehouse cabin.
Holly Rock Treehouse – The Best Treehouse Rental Cabin in West Virginia with a Hot Tub
Source: airbnb.com Holly Rock Treehouse
My boyfriend and I were looking for a luxury treehouse in the woods and came across the Holly Rock treehouse in Hico. We had an amazing time at this treehouse, which is a sturdy wooden structure with a gorgeous double French door entry, and you can access it from the hillside by a canopy bridge.
We loved this treehouse for its stunning architecture, which includes an expansive indoor window design to take in a bird’s eye view of the surrounding forest. In addition, our favorite places were the private hot tub on a canopy-level deck and the private picnic area with a gas grill and picnic table, which were ideal for having a meal in the gorgeous forest.
In addition, our host was Heather, who made our stay wonderful with her hospitality and prompt replies to our queries.
So make sure to book the Holly Rock treehouse for your next West Virginia vacation, as it’s one of the best treehouse rentals in West Virginia. Here’s why:
- The views: From the expansive indoor window design and canopy bridge, guests can take in stunning views of the serene forest.
- The amenities: The treehouse has terrific amenities like a hot tub, a TV with a dish network, a gas grill on the deck, a fully-stocked kitchen, and all the necessities for the bed and baths.
- The outdoor spaces: The treehouse is perched on a sturdy oak tree with a 3-foot wraparound deck area leading to a viewing balcony.
There’s really no fault on this terrific property, however, note that the treehouse is much smaller in size than it appears in pictures, so it’s not suitable for groups of more than two people.
- The treehouse is incredibly clean, well-furnished, and stocked with every amenity you can think of.
- There are many beautiful places to explore, like Summersville Lake and New River Gorge Park nearby.
- The hosts provide drinks, cake, and snacks for people celebrating a special occasion.
- The private picnic area with a grill and table is terrific for outdoor meals.
- Heather is a wonderful host who ensures you have everything you need on the trip.
- The treehouse is small in size, so not suitable for more than two people.
- The canopy bridge is swinging, so it’s unsuitable for younger children or people with mobility issues.
Overall, the Holly Rock treehouse location is one of the best in West Virginia for a relaxing couple’s getaway in the woods.
Cozy West Virginia Treehouse – Best West Virginia Treehouse for a Weekend Getaway
Source: airbnb Cozy West Virginia Treehouse
The cozy treehouse is true to its name and one of our favorite romantic cabins in West Virginia for a rustic camping experience. It’s located close to Shepherdstown and just a short drive from downtown Harpers Ferry, so you’ll be close to most places while enjoying a remote stay in the woods.
The treehouse has great amenities like heat and air conditioning, a kitchen with a mini fridge, stove, toaster oven, gravity fed sink, and essential kitchenware. However, our favorite part was roughing it out in the outdoors, from the bath house and outhouse, which were well-lit and had all the essentials, plus cooking meals from the fire pit, which the owners provided ample wood for.
In addition, our host was Will, who made sure everything was perfect during our stay.
So make sure to book the Cozy West Virginia treehouse for your next vacation, as it’s a terrific treehouse rental. Here’s why:
- The rustic amenities: The treehouse has rustic facilities like an outhouse a few steps from the house and a bath house behind the owner’s house.
- The living spaces: The treehouse sits between oak and hickory trees, 20 feet above a rock outcropping that overlooks the forest. There’s also a front porch with good sunset views and lighting.
- The attention to detail: The owners have put a lot of thought into making the treehouse comfortable, with touches like a reading nook with large windows, a cozy lift for children to sleep and play in, and a mini kitchen with necessary appliances.
The only downside to staying here is that the outhouse is a few minutes away, and the bath house is located behind the owner’s home, so privacy is limited.
- The treehouse is clean, well-furnished and well-stocked.
- The hosts are friendly and make sure your stay is comfortable.
- The treehouse is close to the nearby town and has many outdoor activities.
- The porch is great for enjoying the forest views.
- There are friendly neighbors nearby who welcome you in the area.
- The bath house is behind the owner’s house, so there is limited privacy.
- The outhouse is a short walk from the treehouse.
Overall, the Cozy West Virginia treehouse is an incredible treehouse rental for people wanting a camping trip in the woods.
Winding Up The Best Treehouse Rentals West Virginia
West Virginia, known for its lush forests and stunning natural landscapes, is home to a variety of treehouse accommodations, each offering a unique and secluded vacation experience. Whether you’re planning an outdoor adventure with friends and family or seeking a tranquil retreat, West Virginia’s treehouses provide the perfect setting.
The New River Gorge National Park treehouse and the Canaan Valley treehouse are excellent choices for families. These family-friendly locations combine fun and comfort, ensuring a delightful stay amidst the beauty of nature. They offer the ideal balance of outdoor activities and cozy amenities, catering to children and adults.
The cozy West Virginia treehouse is a standout option for those seeking a peaceful getaway. Embracing eco-friendly practices, this treehouse is designed for guests who wish to unwind and connect with nature in a serene environment, offering a restful escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
Couples searching for a romantic retreat will find the Holly Rock treehouse a dream destination. Nestled in the heart of West Virginia’s natural splendor, these romantic treehouse getaways provide an intimate and enchanting setting, ideal for creating lasting memories with your significant other.
West Virginia’s treehouses cater to a wide range of preferences, from adventure-seekers looking for nature lodgings to those desiring a touch of luxury in the wilderness. Each treehouse offers something special, ensuring every traveler finds their perfect match for an unforgettable experience in the woods.
In conclusion, when you book one of West Virginia’s best treehouses, you’re not just reserving a place to stay; you’re choosing an experience that promises adventure, relaxation, romance, or luxury, all set against West Virginia’s breathtaking natural beauty.
Top Treehouse Cabins in West Virginia
|The Tree House in New River Gorge NP
|Woody’s Treehouse Hideaway
|Canaan Valley Mountain Treehouse
|Holly Rock Treehouse
|Cozy WV Treehouse
|New River Gorge National Park
|Near French Creek
|4 adults, 3 kids
|Unique Selling Points
|Luxury, Large, Near Downtown
|Near Towns & Activities
|Rafting, Hiking, Kayaking
|Fire Pit Cooking
|Exploring Nearby Parks
|Fire Pit Cooking
|Gourmet Kitchen, Wraparound Deck
|Fire Pit, Spring Water
|Access to Recreation Area
|Hot Tub, Picnic Area
|Heat/AC, Mini Kitchen
|Clean, Well-Furnished, Friendly Hosts
|Spacious, Well-Lit, Good Views
|Clean, Close to Town
|Neighboring Houses, Privacy Concerns
|Difficult Access Road
|Small Size, Swinging Bridge
|Bath house behind owner’s house
What’s the benefit of staying at the Tuscany tree house?
The Tuscany tree house is the most secluded treehouse cabin for families in West Virginia, as its remote location ensures privacy. In addition, the treehouse offers great amenities like a private queen-sized bedroom and sleeper sofa, expansive windows to take in the views, a full bathroom, a kitchenette, a private hot tub on the front deck, and a gas grill on the patio area at the back deck.
What are the Buffalo Trail treehouses in West Virginia?
The Buffalo Trails offers cabins, campgrounds, and treehouses for rent in Bluefield, West Virginia. Their treehouses offer a great camping experience with fire pits, picnic tables, outdoor water faucets, a bath house, and cozy living spaces.
What are the best treehouse vacation rentals in West Virginia?
West Virginia has some incredible treehouse rentals, which guarantee a relaxing trip in the woods while enjoying modern amenities. Some of the best treehouses in West Virginia are the Canaan Valley treehouses, the treehouse in New River Gorge National Park, and the Holly Rock treehouse, which offer the best vacation rentals for families, couples, and solo travelers.
Which West Virginia treehouse getaways include a hot tub?
If you’re looking for a luxurious treehouse experience in West Virginia that includes a hot tub, consider the Four Fillies Lodge. This true treehouse provides a unique blend of comfort and the beauty of nature with a private, outdoor hot tub. The Wild Wonderful Treehouse is another great option, it features a beautiful, large hot tub on the wrap-around deck offering stunning views of surrounding nature.
Are there any treehouse rentals that are surrounded by trees?
Most treehouses in West Virginia offer the experience of being surrounded by trees. The Four Fillies Lodge and the Wild Wonderful Treehouse are nestled amidst lush green forests, providing a serene and peaceful environment for those who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Are there any treehouse rentals near the New River Gorge?
Yes, the Wild Wonderful Treehouse is very close to the New River Gorge. This allows guests to take advantage of various activities such as white-water rafting, hiking, and rock climbing.
Which treehouse getaways provide glamping in West Virginia?
If you’re interested in glamping, The Four Fillies Lodge and Wild Wonderful Treehouse should be your go-to options. Both provide amenities such as a hot tub, comfortable beds, a small dining area, and a wrap-around
Last Updated on December 14, 2023 by Brian