Welcome to the best treehouse rental in Massachusetts awards show!
My boyfriend and I love Massachusetts for its lush nature and remoteness, so we spent the last couple of weeks searching for the best treehouses in the state that promised a secluded getaway. For this purpose, we consulted the best online reviews, spoke to locals at length, and drove around Massachusetts testing out each treehouse for ourselves.
Our travels led us from places in Provincetown, Cape Cod, and Great Barrington to as far as the Berkshires, and even small towns, which had treehouses with stunning views, great facilities, and locations.
So after weeks of research, roughing it on the road, and spending a few days in each rental, we narrowed it down to the top five treehouses in Massachusetts. The ones you’ll find below are ranked on their amenities, convenience, locations, and overall value.
Our goal with this article is to help you save time and choose the best treehouse for your family and friends by sharing our personal experiences. So each treehouse mentioned below is the best of the best, and you’re guaranteed a great stay no matter which one you choose.
Let me see the best treehouses in Massachusetts already!
Modern Treehouse in Truro Hills – Best Treehouse Rentals in Massachusetts for a Family Vacation
Source: vrbo.com Modern Treehouse in Truro Hills
My boyfriend and I are returning guests at the Truro Hills treehouse, as it’s our favorite rental for a family trip in Massachusetts. The treehouse has a terrific location close to Provincetown, the Cape Cod National Seashore, and Pamet Harbor, so guests can enjoy gorgeous views from the hills and be only minutes from the water.
The treehouse has spacious interiors ideal for families and large groups, such as three bedrooms and bathrooms, an open plan living room, a fully equipped kitchen, and beautiful outdoor decks. Our favorite spot was the octagonal deck facing Truro Hills, perfect for socializing and watching the stunning sunset views.
In addition, you’ll love the hosts, Danny and Nina, who’ve kept the treehouse in great shape and are responsive to guest queries and concerns.
So if you need a relaxing getaway in the hills, check out the Truro treehouse, as it’s the best treehouse rental in Massachusetts. Here’s why:
- The amenities: Guests at this treehouse will enjoy all the modern amenities they’re used to, such as comfortable indoor and outdoor furniture, kitchen supplies, fresh linens and towels, high-speed Wi-Fi, and cable TV.
- The location and views: From the outdoor decks and balconies, guests will enjoy stunning views of the rolling green Truro hills, Cape Cod Bay, and the harbor.
- The comfortable outdoor spaces: The owners have put a lot of thought into making the treehouse comfortable with touches like an outdoor gas grill for BBQs, a brand-new outdoor dining set, lounge chairs, cushioned chairs, loveseats, and coffee tables on the octagonal deck.
Our families always have the best time at this treehouse, and we can hardly find any fault with our stays. However, the lack of air conditioning inside the home makes the nights stuffy, especially during the summer.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and has every amenity you need.
- The hosts are attentive and responsive throughout your stay.
- Guests can borrow beach equipment from the hosts while visiting the Bay.
- There’s a great outdoor shower on the downstairs level.
- The property is secluded in the hills and only minutes away from town for a quick grocery run or dine-out.
- There is no air conditioning which makes the treehouse pretty warm.
Overall, we love this rental for its amazing amenities, location, and views, so make sure to book the modern treehouse in Truro hills for a great getaway.
Waterfront Cottage on Private Lake with Dock
Source: vrbo.com Waterfront Cottage on Private Lake with Dock
My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Big Sandy cottage on a local’s recommendation, a terrific treehouse rental in the Cape Cod area. This treehouse is nestled between oak and pine trees facing the Big Sandy Pond, steps away from a private dock and a beautiful neighborhood beach.
We loved this spacious treehouse for its central location, waterfront views from every window, and a large deck overlooking the lake, which is also perfect for a BBQ dinner. My boyfriend especially loved the private dock, where we spent most days swimming, fishing, and kayaking on the serene lake.
The cottage is hosted by the Lewis family, who are great hosts, especially Jed, who communicated with us well during our stay and ensured we didn’t face any issues.
So folks looking for a waterfront treehouse should book the Big Sandy Cottage, as it’s one of the best rentals in Massachusetts. Here’s why:
- The water activities: Guests can fish from the lake, which is stocked seasonally with trout, and enjoy sailing, water skiing, kayaking, and even swimming at the neighborhood beach.
- The amenities: The treehouse sleeps up to six people from its master bedroom, loft, and living room couch and provides a stocked kitchen, linens, TV, cable, Wi-Fi, and free parking.
- The nearby towns: With Cape Cod Bay and Plymouth nearby, guests can go golfing, shopping, dining out, and visiting the many historic sites and museums nearby.
We didn’t face any problems during our stay at this treehouse, but guests should note that it’s in the middle of town, with many neighbors nearby, so the location lacks the usual privacy of a treehouse.
- The treehouse is in a prime location, minutes from the lake, the beach, and the town.
- The hosts are responsive and communicate well throughout the stay.
- The lake has Brooke Brown and Rainbow trout in spring and fall for fishing.
- There’s a cozy living area with large windows overlooking the deck and lake.
- Guests can enjoy a ton of outdoor activities on the water from this treehouse.
- The treehouse is in a crowded location and lacks privacy.
Overall, the Big Sandy cottage in Cape Cod is one of the top treehouse rentals in Massachusetts, which you’re bound to enjoy with friends, family, and even alone.
Providence Area Treehouse Farm – Best Camping Treehouse Rental in Massachusetts
Source: airbnb.com Providence Area Treehouse Farm Stay
Enjoy the peace of rustic treehouse living while staying on a working farm at the Providence area treehouse farm, which is one of our favorite treehouse rentals. This beautiful treehouse promises the best camping experience, with open farm fields on one side and the forest on the other.
My boyfriend and I love roughing it out at this treehouse, which has no electricity (only lanterns for light), a composting toilet, an outdoor shower, and a wood stove for cooking meals. In addition, the treehouse sleeps up to four people from its single bedroom and couch in the living space and even has an indoor bathroom for colder weather.
In addition, the treehouse is hosted by Anne and Mark, who are responsive and hospitable throughout your stay.
So make sure to book this treehouse to experience camping from a working family farm in Massachusetts. Here’s why we consider it one of our favorite treehouse rentals:
- The rustic amenities: Guests can experience being close to nature from this treehouse, which offers an outdoor toilet and shower, firewood and lanterns for staying warm and light, a charcoal grill for cooking, and a huge fire pit for bonfires.
- The farm animals: The treehouse overlooks the fields where guests can see vegetables growing, plus goats, livestock guard dogs, heritage hogs, poultry, beautiful horses, sheep, and a water buffalo on the sustainable farm.
- The location: From this secluded place, guests can go berry picking from Dufort Farm nearby, take in stunning sunset views from Reservoir Avenue, and get close to the animals.
The only issue we could think of during our stay was that the outdoor shower and bathroom spaces were shared with other people on the farm, which took away the privacy of these open spaces.
- The treehouse is clean, rustic, and well-maintained.
- The living space offers beautiful views of the farm from its large windows and deck.
- The futon couch in the treehouse is great as a sleeper and to settle in with a book or a coffee.
- The hosts are great and let you use the power outlets on their porches if you need to use electronics.
- The indoor wood burning fireplace is great for staying warm.
- The outdoor spaces are shared with other people on the farm.
- The treehouse can get hot during the day with the lack of cooling in place.
All in all, the Providence tree house is great for a weekend getaway and experiencing living amongst nature.
Octagonal Glass Treehouse – Best Luxury Treehouse Massachusetts
Source: airbnb.com Octagonal Glass Treehouse
Prepare for a luxury treehouse vacation rental like no other from the Octagonal glass treehouse, an architectural masterpiece located in the Berkshires. This treehouse was recommended to us by locals a few years ago and we’ve been obsessed with it since. It’s close to the small town of Great Barrington in New England, with great hiking trails and skiing locations nearby.
The stunning treehouse has an octagonal mid-century glass design, with floor to ceiling windows that look onto the scenery from all sides of the structure. Our favorite space was the main living area with vaulted ceilings, comfortable seating, a double bed stacked with pillows for lounging, and a modern wood burning fireplace, which was perfect for winding down and taking in the breathtaking scenery from all around.
In addition, the treehouse is hosted by Katherine, a lovely host, and ensures guests are comfortable throughout their stay.
So don’t miss the chance to spend a weekend steeped in luxury at the Octagonal glass treehouse, as it’s one of Massachusetts’s most amazing treehouse rentals. Here’s why:
- The attention to detail: Aside from its gorgeous views, the treehouse also has some amazing touches that make it unique, like a deck with comfortable outdoor seating, wraparound café lights, connected dining space, and a kitchen with large windows to enjoy the forest views while dining, and much more.
- The comfort and convenience: The treehouse’s cozy interior accommodates up to four guests from its queen beds, plus two full baths, a fully equipped kitchen, high-quality linens and towels, and good Wi-Fi and cell signals despite the remote area.
- The activities nearby: Guests can head to the nearby New England town for shopping and dining, take cultural visits to Tanglewood and Jacob’s Pillow, trek the nearby trails, and go skiing from three prime locations.
We had an amazing time at this treehouse and can hardly find fault with our stay. But guests should note that the bathrooms are small, somewhat dated, and need renewal. However, this isn’t a deal breaker since some people may prefer smaller toilets.
- The treehouse is immaculate, beautifully furnished, and very well-maintained.
- The private patio has a grill, a fire pit, and outdoor furniture for dining and lounging.
- The hosts are friendly and responsive.
- The treehouse offers sustainable coffee filters, organic bath products, and composting bins.
- The treehouse offers incredible forest views.
- The bathrooms are somewhat small and dated.
Overall, my boyfriend and I had an amazing time at this treehouse, and we highly recommend it to people looking for a luxurious cabin rental in the Berkshires.
Mink Cove Treehouse – Best Treehouse Rentals in Massachusetts for a Romantic Getaway
Source: airbnb.com Mink Cove Treehouse
My boyfriend and I came across the Mink cove treehouse while searching for secluded treehouses in Massachusetts and instantly fell in love with it. This cozy treehouse is located in Wareham and offers a serene stay from its remote location.
The gorgeous treehouse also boasts unique architecture, as it’s accessible by a suspension bridge that leads to a partially covered porch, where we enjoyed many meals and drinks. The indoor spaces are also equally unique, with a secluded sleeping loft fitted with a cozy double bed that’s only reachable via a narrow staircase, plus a composting toilet, outdoor shower, and sink.
In addition, Susan is an amazing host at this treehouse, as she resolves guest issues efficiently.
So make sure to book the Mink cove treehouse for a relaxing getaway in rural Massachusetts. Here’s why we consider it one of the top treehouse rentals in Massachusetts:
- The area: The treehouse sits next to miles of great walking, hiking, and nature trails, with breathtaking views of Mink Cove in the Buzzards Bay seen from the treehouse.
- The outdoor spaces: Guests will have access to a wraparound deck and patio, which offers beautiful views of the property from the treehouse’s 12-foot height, and also the 2.5-acre grounds.
- The amenities: The treehouse has rustic facilities like an outdoor hot shower and composting toilet, a cooking area with the essentials, good air conditioning and heating, outdoor seating, and much more.
The only downside to staying at this treehouse is that the staircase leading to the loft is very narrow and will be difficult to climb. However, the hosts informed us of this beforehand, so this wasn’t a problem for us.
- The treehouse is clean, well-furnished, and stocked with all the essentials.
- The owners are responsive and resolve any issues guests may face.
- There are many fun outdoor activities to try nearby.
- The patio is great for enjoying a book or a morning coffee.
- The treehouse guarantees a peaceful and relaxing stay.
- Very narrow spiral staircase leading to the loft that’s difficult to climb.
- Owners live next door, and guests will share the driveway with them.
So don’t miss the chance to stay at the Mink Cove treehouse, which is ideal for couples looking for a romantic getaway.
Which Massachusetts treehouse has the best modern amenities?
If you’re looking for a treehouse rental with modern amenities to match the ones at home, book the treehouse in Truro Hills and the Octagonal glass treehouse. These rentals are equipped to resemble treehouse hotels with their high-quality furnishings, appliances, and facilities, so guests can enjoy the comforts of home while relaxing among nature.
Can I find a Massachusetts treehouse with an outdoor shower?
Yes! The tree houses in Massachusetts offer a real treehouse living experience with rustic amenities like an open shower, composting toilet, and no electricity. Some great rentals include the Truro treehouse, the Providence Area treehouse, and the Mink Cove treehouse.
What’s the most charming treehouse rental in Massachusetts?
Suppose you’re looking for a treehouse rental for a couples retreat, a family weekend, or a friend’s getaway. In that case, Massachusetts has the most charming ones available, with terrific views, serene locations, and amenities. For example, the Truro Hills treehouse is great for families, the Mink Cove treehouse for couples, and the Providence Area treehouse for camping enthusiasts.
Winding Up The Best Treehouse Rentals Massachusetts
If you’re looking for a great treehouse rental for an anniversary weekend, a staycation, a family trip, or a friend’s meetup, book the beautiful Massachusetts treehouses, which are perfect for any occasion, and offer the best amenities.
So you can book the treehouse that matches your needs from the top rentals mentioned in this article.
Need a treehouse for a family-friendly stay? Book the Truro Hills treehouse and the Big Sandy Cottage.
Need a treehouse for a real camping experience? Don’t miss the Providence area treehouse and the Mink Cove treehouse.
The treehouses in Massachusetts guarantee the best time!
Last Updated on October 27, 2023 by Brian