Fellow adventurers gather for the best treehouse rentals in the Texas Hill Country!
This summer, my boyfriend and I headed on an adventure to the Texas Hill Country in search of the perfect treehouse rentals!
While on the road, we found the best tree house rentals with luxury amenities, stunning views, and perfect locations for exploring nearby attractions. Among them are treehouse resorts, tree house camping options, and unique tree house rental options you won’t find anywhere else.
After staying in many tree houses all over Hill Country and consulting locals, travel agencies, and online reviews, we have finally narrowed our choices to the best seven rentals.
We aimed to save you money and time and save you from tourist traps by sharing our personal experiences.
That’s why we ranked our favorite tree house vacation rentals based on location, the view, amenities, host interaction, and overall experience.
All tree houses on this list are best-of-the-best, so we guarantee great accommodations no matter which one you choose!
Warning: These rentals are great; you will want to visit them all!
Source: Airbnb.com “The Nest” Treehouse, tree house camping Texas
Source: Virbo.com Redwood Tree Haus
This Vrbo amazing custom treehouse was perfect for us and some of our friends. The two-bedroom, one-bath luxury treehouse had all the amenities and comforts we needed for an extended weekend getaway. We loved being surrounded by lush exotic plants and having a stunning view of the pool and Lake Dunlap from the oversized treehouse windows.
This place is not just a tree house but a resort-type rental with a swimming pool, cabana, lake access, fireplace, BBQ grill, and small but fully equipped kitchen and bathroom. We loved sunbathing and having drinks by the pool. We also went fishing and kayaking on the lake.
This spot is one of the best tree house rentals in the Texas Hill Country for families and small groups of friends. Here are three reasons you need to book it now:
- Luxury treehouse amenities: The tree house hotel-like amenities are excellent. A cabana, bar stools in the swimming pool, private grill, lake view, and access are impeccable. The interior is new, and so are the appliances.
- Great location: With a short drive, you can quickly get to Guadalupe River, Comal Park, Schlitterbahn New Braunfels Waterpark, and San Antonio.
- Nearby activities: You can kayak and fish on the lake or head to Guadalupe River for tubing. Excellent restaurants and wineries are available; check out downtown San Antonio for extensive city content.
This Texas tree house hotel complex offers four different rentals, with the Redwood Tree Haus being the best. However, the rental needs a washer and dryer in the unit. Laundry in a large group piles up quickly, so we preferred a good washer and dryer.
- Spend the afternoon swimming and sunbathing in the pool and cabana area.
- Light the grill for a great family meal.
- Go tubing on the river or kayaking on the lake.
- Visit San Antonio for excellent nightlife, shopping, and restaurants.
- Go on a tour at one of the wineries in the area.
- This Texas treehouse rental doesn’t have a washer and dryer unit.
Source: Vrbo.com Las Palmas Tree Haus, treehouse hotel San Antonio
My boyfriend and I loved having this two-bedroom, two-bath tree house rental all to ourselves. It’s one of the more spacious and private cabins in the Cloud Lane tree house resorts complex. The interior is impeccable, with bright handmade wood furniture, cabin-style decoration, and rustic details. I appreciated the fully equipped kitchen with a stove.
Asides from the pool and cabana, my favorite area was the covered outside patio under the tree house. The grill and picnic table were perfect for outdoor eating. We had a fantastic view of the lake and a well-manicured yard.
This fantastic custom treehouse location and amenities are perfect for couples or families. The hand-carved wood furniture is cozy and inviting, with all the luxury you need. You should rent it because:
- Luxury treehouse amenities: This cabin-like treehouse has a covered patio with a grill, a swimming pool with bar stools in the water, a cabana, a lake view, and a fully equipped kitchen and bathroom.
- Nearby activities: With a lake, river, and big city all close by, we could go water tubing, jet seeing, hiking, and visiting a fantastic winery tour. For kids, there is a nearby water park.
- Unique rustic cabin: The inside of the treehouse will remind you of the best Texas tree house cabins available. The all-wood handmade tables, nightstands, chairs, and walls will make you feel cozy and safe.
Cloud lane is a top tree house resort Texas has to offer. It lacks a washer and dryer. Also, the area outside of the resort could be cleaner.
- Have some drinks and swim in the large pool outside the tree house.
- Have a BBQ in the covered, sun-protected patio under the tree house.
- Go water tubing, fishing, or kayaking within minutes of the property.
- Check out a winery tour, or find great restaurants in San Antonio.
- Visit the great waterpark nearby.
- The area outside the tree house hotel area could be neater.
- There is no washer or dryer in the tree house.
The ATX Treehouse with a Heated Swimming Pool and Spa– The Luxurious Modern Texas Treehouse Near Austin
Source: Airbnb.com ATX Treehouse, Heated Pool & Spa, tree house TX, Austin tree houses
This property is one of the best treehouse rentals Austin has to offer by far. The mansion sleeps over twenty people and has three bathrooms. It was a cool tree house rental for our family reunion, and we felt like we had rented an Austin treehouse hotel instead!
We loved the open floor plan and large covered deck. But the best was the private swimming pool, hot tub, and spa. We spent a lot of time lounging around the fire pit in the evenings. The property was pet friendly, so we had two dogs as house guests.
This spacious Texas tree house hotel-like property is perfect for large groups, celebrations, and family reunions. Here are three great reasons why you will love staying here:
- Amenities: The tree house has a hot tub, private pool, spa, covered deck, fully equipped kitchen and laundry, fire pit, propane grill, and fantastic forest view of the sunset.
- Location: Being so close to the forest, the tree house has nearby trails to enjoy and Lake Travis. It’s also close to Austin, so there are excellent restaurants, museums, coffee shops, breweries, and more.
- Outdoor activities: Asides from sunbathing, soaking in the hot tub, swimming, and steaming in the spa, you can grill and gather around the fire pit at night.
This rental is one of the most luxurious tree houses Austin has available. However, it is expensive to rent compared to the other properties. Also, there is a significant additional charge for heating the pool.
- Sunbathe on the deck, or swim in the beautiful swimming pool.
- Soak in the hot tub and relax in the private spa.
- Gather around the bonfire and roast some marshmallows under the star-filled sky.
- Check out the great restaurants and bars in downtown Austin.
- Enjoy drinks and sunbathe on the pool deck.
- There is an additional charge for having the pool heated.
Yoki Treehouse in Cypress Valley – The Most Secluded Tree Houses in Hill Country for Couples with a Hot Tub
Source: Airbnb.com “Yoki” Treehouse – An elevated nature escape
My boyfriend and I loved this one-bedroom, one-bath modern, and secluded Texas tree house rental. It has a kitchenette, full bath with a walk-in shower, spacious bedroom, and loft. We loved the two-story deck and covered space for dining outside. My favorite was the luxury private hot tub. The property also has a communal swimming pool and picnic area.
The surroundings at Yoki are some of the best in Texas treehouses. Lush forests surround the tree house, making it feel secluded, isolated, and nestled in the trees. Under the tree house is a running creek. The location is fantastic, with nearby Stonehouse and Spicewood vineyards, art galleries, and Lake Travis.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic Hill Country treehouse because:
- Location: Being so close to lake Travis, it’s easy to go jet skiing, swimming, boating, sailing, hiking, and using the biking trails. Also, visit the fantastic vineyards and art galleries nearby.
- Peaceful property: This is some of the most peaceful tree house lodging available for couples. Even though it’s part of a multiple treehouse resort, the tree house is tucked away among trees and secluded. It even overlooks a serene creek.
- Amenities: The treehouse cabin’s interior is impeccable. All the furniture and appliances are new, clean, and comfortable. The two-start deck offers stunning views, a walk-in shower, a private hot tub, a communal swimming pool, and more.
This place was one of the best tree house cabin rentals for couples looking for a romantic getaway. Keep in mind that there are a lot of stairs to get to the treehouse, multi-level decks, and loft area.
- Soak in your private hot tub while looking out into the forest canopy.
- Check out Lake Travis for some water sports and swimming.
- Sunbathe next to the communal swimming pool.
- Explore the creek and lush property around the tree house.
- Enjoy reading and bird-watching from the covered private deck.
- This Texas Hill Country treehouse has a lot of stairs on multiple levels.
- There is no washer in the unit.
Arbor House of Dripping Springs – Most Romantic Treehouse Rentals Texas Hill Country
Source: Airbnb.com Arbor House of Dripping Springs – Finch House, tree house Austin TX
This Dripping spring sleeps tree house was perfect and romantic for us. It was cozy and rustic with a cabin feel inside. The interior is comfortable and clean and has everything we need for a few nights. I loved the covered seating area under the tree house, which provided protection from the sun.
The property also has a koi pond, porch swing, waterfall, picnic tables, and a fire pit in the communal area. We entirely used the outdoor grill and loved star-watching at night. We encountered lots of deer, birds, and squirrels during our stay.
This place is another excellent tree house rental Texas has to offer for couples. We enjoyed all the comforts it had to offer. Here’s why you need to book it:
- Standard amenities: The property offers umbrella-covered picnic tables, a swimming pool, a koi pond, a porch swing, an outdoor grill, and a fire pit.
- Romantic interior: This treehouse cabin’s interior is cozy and a mixture of more rustic features. The bird there is charming and warm.
- Great location: The tree house rental is close to Austin offering excellent restaurants, shopping, nightlife, and parks.
This rental is one of the top treehouse hotels Austin offers, with many communal accommodations. However, I would have preferred more amenities inside the cabin, like a fully equipped kitchen with a stove and a washer.
- Have a picnic at the umbrella-covered picnic table.
- Grill a delicious meal to enjoy on the covered patio.
- Lay in the hammock, reading your favorite book and listening to the birds.
- Enjoy roasting hot dogs and watching the night sky by the fire pit.
- Take a short drive to Austin and enjoy a romantic dinner or a night out on the town.
Jumping Goat Ranch Treehouse – The Best All Round Treehouse Rental with a View and Private Hot Tub
Source: Airbnb.com Jumping Goat Ranch-Treehouse, Hill Country Texas
This one-bedroom is modern, elegant, and perfect for two people. I loved the oversized windows looking out onto the trees and the large covered deck. The interior is clean and decorated with attractive artwork. The bedroom has a comfortable king-sized bed with a fireplace.
I loved the indoor hot tub with a view and a swing chair. Outside we enjoyed the grill and modern fire pit. My boyfriend and I loved the Jumping Goat Ranch treehouse location, which is only 15 minutes from downtown Fredericksburg.
This place is one of the more peaceful treehouse vacation rentals for couples looking for peace and quiet. Here are three reasons you will love the rental too:
- Amenities: The tree house has a large deck, hot tub, fire pit, swing chair, grill, and convenient kitchenette.
- Location: Exploring downtown Fredericksburg for great restaurants, bakeries, antique shops, and art galleries.
- View: No matter where you look, the tree house has a beautiful forest and valley view that stretches as far as the eye can see.
As one of the top Texas treehouse rentals, it’s hard to find fault with this property. However, I would have preferred an oven and stove for cooking. The kitchenette is small and limited for those who love to cook.
- Enjoy the beautiful view from your private hot tub.
- Grill in the spacious yard surrounded by incredible views.
- Read a book in the comfortable king bed and enjoy the fireplace.
- Light a bonfire under the night sky.
- Explore the surroundings explore walkways and birdwatching,
- The kitchen needs a stove and oven for those who love to prepare meals.
The Nest Treehouse – Cypress Valley Tree House Hotel – The Best Romantic Treehouse Getaway – Texas
Source: Airbnb.com “The Nest” Treehouse Family Friendly Nature Escape
My boyfriend and I loved the Nest Treehouse rentals location and design. The yurt-style treehouse has panoramic views of the forest canopy and is in a peaceful, well-maintained location. It’s one of the only round treehouse cabins we stayed at. The tree house sleeps up to six guests, but it was perfect for the two of us.
I loved the oversized windows with lots of natural light and jungle-like views. The interior is clean, well planned, and has a fully equipped kitchen. The communal area has a picnic area, a small seasonal lake, and a swimming pool.
Check out one of the top couples Texas Hill Country treehouse rentals for couples because:
- Great design: The rental has oversized windows and a round design giving panoramic views of the tree canopy in all directions.
- Outdoor space: There are great activities in the shared space, like a swimming pool, small lake, BBQ area, and covered area for picnics.
- Amenities: The rental is new, with modern appliances, including a full kitchen with a refrigerator, coffee maker, and stove.
Being one of our favorite Texas treehouse rentals, it’s hard to find fault with this modern and comfortable rental. However, this tree house is not for those afraid of rights. There are many stairs, bridges, and bird’s nest treehouse features which are pretty high in the air.
- Hop to nearby Austin for some great restaurants and shopping.
- Soak up the sun and swim in the communal pool.
- Read next to the lake or explore the creek.
- Enjoy a picnic in the covered area, or grill a romantic meal on your private deck.
- Prepare a romantic dinner in the fully equipped kitchen.
- There are many suspended features, stairs, and bridges.
- This place is not a convenient rental for those afraid of heights.
Winding Up: The Best Treehouse Rentals in Texas Hill Country:
When it comes to escaping the everyday city rush and finding your relaxing spot in nature, the Texas Hill Country region offers the perfect treehouse getaways. That’s because the area offers stunning, lush forests, creeks, lakes, and mountain and valley views in each direction. We have been lucky to visit most of the treehouses offered in the region.
So if you are looking for the perfect Texas Hill Country sleeps, look at the properties offered in this article.
Here you will find luxurious tree houses for large groups, resort-style tree houses for families, and secluded and romantic nests for couples.
Need a family-friendly treehouse in the Texas Hill Country? Book a weekend at the Redwood Tree Haus with a Shared Swimming Pool at Cloud Lane.
Want to celebrate a special occasion with a large group of friends? Check out the luxurious TX Treehouse with a Heated Swimming Pool and Spa, providing the finest treehouse camping Texas experience.
Want a romantic couples weekend? Book a weekend at The Nest Treehouse at the Cypress Valley Tree House Hotel.
These fantastic Texas Hill Country treehouses have something for everyone!
What is the best Vrbo treehouse Texas offers for families?
The best Vrbo amazing custom treehouse for families is the Redwood Tree Haus, with a Shared Swimming Pool at Cloud Lane Tree House Resorts. This Texas Hill Country treehouse features a swimming pool, a cabana, lake access, a fireplace, a BBQ grill, and a small but fully equipped kitchen and bathroom. The location is also perfect for family activities. You can quickly get to Guadalupe River, Comal Park, Schlitterbahn New Braunfels Waterpark, and San Antonio within a short drive.
What are the best treehouse vacation rentals for couples in the Texas Hill Country?
The Yoki Treehouse in Cypress Valley is one of the best treehouse vacation rentals for couples. It offers a spacous, modern, and comfortable living space. The views are incredible as the tree house is nestled among tree canopies, and there are luxurious amenities. There is even a private hot tub with a view. The location is fantastic, with nearby Stonehouse and Spicewood vineyards, art galleries, and Lake Travis, which are perfect for couples’ activities.
What amenities do Texas treehouse rentals provide?
Texas treehouse rentals offer some of the best resort-like amenities and accommodations with their tree houses. Most Texas Hill Country tree houses offer modern appliances, full bathroom facilities, decks with views, and more. Many rentals also offer swimming pools, hot tubs, fire pits, grills, outdoor seating and dining areas, and more.
What’s the best option for treehouse camping in the Texas Hill Country?
Renting The Nest Treehouse in Cypress Valley Tree House Hotel will give you and your partner the feeling of treehouse camping. This simple cabin-style treehouse in the Cypress Valley Willow location is made of warm woods, rustic paneling, and unique features like a bird’s nest and lush forest panoramic view. For those looking for a more glamping experience, the property also offers a communal with a picnic area, a small seasonal lake, and a swimming pool.
Last Updated on October 27, 2023 by Brian