Welcome to your best guide to Canada’s treehouse rentals!
My boyfriend and I love Canadian treehouses for their stunning locations on beaches, in secluded forests, and close to snow-capped mountain peaks. So we spent last summer on the road in Canada, searching for the best treehouses in the country.
Of course, we took a lot of help from online reviews and local recommendations and tested the treehouses ourselves by staying a few days in each one. Our search led us to North Vancouver, the outskirts of Ontario, beautiful spots in British Columbia, and even farther.
So after much back and forth and weighing the pros and cons of each rental, we narrowed it down to the top five treehouses in Canada, ranked on amenities, locations, views, and overall value.
Our goal with this article is to help you save time and effort in choosing the best Canadian treehouse by sharing our personal experience. So you’re guaranteed to find an amazing rental from the list below.
Warning: These gorgeous Canadian treehouses are addictive, and you won’t want to leave after booking one!
Let me see the best treehouses already!
The Secret Garden Treehouse – Most Cozy Treehouse Rental in Canada
Source: booking.com The Secret Garden Treehouse – Most Cozy Treehouse Rental in Canada
My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Secret Garden treehouse on a local’s recommendation and had an amazing stay. The treehouse has an ideal location in North Vancouver, close to all the attractions of city life while being in a private setting with a lush garden and close to nature trails.
The treehouse features two cozy bedrooms, a full bathroom, a spacious living room, and a big kitchen, which we made full use of by cooking every day. However, the best part was the garden views enjoyed from the spacious wrap around deck, and the balcony which overlooks the city from a distance, and both are perfect for relaxing outdoors.
In addition, the hosts are friendly and respond timely to guest queries so there’s never an issue.
So make your Canada stay special with the Secret Garden treehouse, as it’s the best treehouse rental in Canada. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The modern amenities: The treehouse has comfortable linens and furnishings in the bedrooms, a private bath, a fully equipped kitchen, a flatscreen TV with cable, an outdoor BBQ, ample outdoor seating on the deck, and private parking.
- The outdoor activities: Guests can go cross country skiing on nearby mountain slopes, try cycling from trails in the area, engage in outdoor activities such as hiking, skiing, and fishing, and much more.
- The spaces: Guests can enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ from the deck, take in views of the city, ocean, and garden from the balcony, relax in the open plan living and kitchen area, which has comfy seating and a fireplace, and enjoy the privacy offered by the secluded location.
We didn’t face any issues during our stay here; however, a suggestion would be to have more seating indoors, as there weren’t enough for four people to sit comfortably in one place.
- The treehouse is immaculate and well-maintained.
- The host is super friendly and responsive.
- You can use the laundry room in the owner’s house.
- The treehouse is close to town for grocery runs, shopping, and dining out.
- You can access hiking, biking, and skiing trails from the great location.
- The owners live in the main house close by, and you may need to access their house for some amenities.
- The rental could use more seating indoors.
Overall, the Secret Garden treehouse is an amazing rental for families and couples visiting Canada.
Sienna’s Tree House – Best Beachfront Treehouse Vacation Rentals
Source: booking.com Sienna’s Tree House – Best Treehouse Vacation rentals for Families
My boyfriend and I needed a secluded getaway during our stay at Tofino and came across the beautiful Sienna tree house apartments. These are conveniently located in a quiet neighborhood, minutes from Chesterman Beach, and for much less rent than other beachfront rentals.
We had a terrific time at this rental, which comfortably accommodates two to four people from its master bedrooms, private bathroom, spacious lounge, and full kitchen. Our favorite part of staying in this area was walking to the beach every morning for a swim, hiking on private trails near the treehouse, and coming back to a private haven.
In addition, the host, Elin, was very accommodating and made sure we were comfortable throughout our stay.
So book the Sienna treehouse apartments for couples, small groups, and families, as it’s one of the best rentals in Canada. Here’s why:
- The amenities: The treehouse features a queen size bed and comfortable linens in the master bedroom, a full bathroom, a fully-stocked kitchen, a flatscreen TV, a BBQ grill, high-speed internet, and ample furnishings around the place.
- The location: The treehouse apartments are in a quiet neighborhood in the Tofino area, nestled among tall trees and close to many hiking trails. The rental is also across the street from Chesterman beach and minutes from Mackenzie Beach and Cox Bay.
- The value: Although most beachfront rentals cost double for their location, the Sienna treehouse apartments are up for rent for nearly half the price while being right across the beach and close to all major attractions in Tofino.
We had an amazing time at this treehouse and didn’t encounter any problems during our stay. However, the rental is in need of overall maintenance as some appliances and furniture is worn down with frequent use.
- The treehouse apartment is clean, well-maintained, and well-furnished.
- The hosts are friendly and accommodating.
- The rental has all the amenities you need for a comfortable stay.
- There’s a nice front deck overlooking the trees.
- The treehouse is close to the beach, town, and trails.
- The rental is in need of maintenance due to frequent usage.
Overall, the Sienna treehouse apartments are ideal for a secluded treehouse getaway in Canada.
Private Designer Treehouse with a View – Luxury Treehouse in Canada
Source: airbnb.com PRIVATE DESIGNER TREEHOUSE WITH A VIEW
Nestled in a specialty farm in the city of Chilliwack, British Columbia is every nature lover’s dream treehouse. My boyfriend and I have stayed at this rental twice and can never get enough of its rustic location, luxurious amenities, and stunning views of the farm where Scottish Highland cows graze.
We loved our time at this unique rental, which is accessible by a cable suspension bridge and opens into a well-lit space with gorgeous interiors, a small kitchenette and living room, and a sleeping loft. However, our favorite part was the French doors opening into a cedar deck, with great outdoor furniture and an awesome view of the mountains.
Our host was Lisa, who’s friendly and hospitable, and makes sure your stay is comfortable.
So book the Bluebird treehouse for a couple’s weekend getaway, as it’s one of the best treehouse rentals in Canada. Here’s why:
- The farm location: Guests will stay on an acre of private property at this treehouse, which has vast grounds with Scottish Highland cows, access to an open fire pit area with benches, private parking, and beautiful mountain surroundings.
- The amenities: The treehouse has a sleeping loft with a comfortable bed, a full bathroom indoors and an outdoor shower below the treehouse, a kitchenette with basic cooking tools, outdoor seating and a hammock on the spacious deck, and a TV and Wi-Fi.
- The attention to detail: The hosts have put small details in to make the treehouse feel unique, such as a rolling library ladder to the sleeping loft, skylights above the bed, a comfy mattress and silky smooth bamboo sheets, a telescope for stargazing, and much more.
The only small issue to consider before booking this treehouse is that the farm has a relatively remote location, so you’re a fair distance from most towns and outdoor spaces.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- The hosts are friendly and accommodating.
- There are rustic amenities like an outdoor shower and fire pit.
- Guests can interact with the cattle on the specialty farm and feed them.
- The location is close to a pristine lake with views of the rocky mountains.
- The treehouse has a remote location far from most outdoor attractions.
Overall, we had a terrific stay at the Bluebird House in Chilliwack, and it’s a terrific rental for couples and solo travelers.
Source: airbnb.com Treehouse Getaway
My boyfriend and I were searching for a private treehouse space that was close to Ontario and came across this stunning rental in Port Perry. The treehouse has a stunning location on 300-acre land with access to hiking and mountain biking trails, swimming ponds, private event spaces, and farms with horseback riding.
We had an amazing time at this rental which is ideal for couples as it comfortably accommodates two people from its master bedroom with a queen bed, a private bath, an upstairs living room framed with large windows giving gorgeous views of the property, and a kitchen space. The best part was the outdoor fire pit and BBQ, where we cooked up some delicious meals and enjoyed them in the outdoor dining area.
In addition, the host, Oliver, is terrific and goes out of his way to make sure you have a relaxing stay.
So book the Treehouse Getaway in Ontario for a relaxing treetop vacation, as it’s one of the best in Canada. Here’s why:
- The outdoor activities: From the 300-acre property, guests can access walking and hiking trails, go cross-country skiing and mountain biking from trails, and try swimming from spring water ponds.
- The amenities: The treehouse offers a gas stove top, toaster oven, and fridge in the kitchen, electricity and running cold and hot water, a shower and flush toilet in the bathroom, an indoor fireplace, a double bed in the sleeping loft with fresh sheets, towels, and blankets.
- The location: From the remote location, guests can enjoy being completely alone with only the trees and the open land for miles, or drive to Port Perry for wineries, great restaurants, shopping, golf courses, and ski hills.
The only small issue to consider while booking is that the loft is accessible by a narrow spiral staircase, which is difficult to climb for people with mobility issues.
- The rental is very comfortable, clean, and well-appointed.
- The hosts are very friendly and hospitable.
- The location has tons of fun outdoor activities in the area.
- The hots offer complimentary amenities like drinks.
- The rental is stocked with all the amenities you need.
- There is a narrow spiral staircase leading to the loft which is difficult to climb.
Overall, we had a terrific time at this treehouse, and it’s a great nature getaway in Canada.
East Sooke Treehouse in British Columbia
Source: airbnb.com East Sooke Treehouse in British Columbia
My boyfriend and I spent a weekend at the East Sooke treehouse in British Columbia on a local’s recommendation and had a fantastic time. The treehouse is perfect for a camping experience as it’s close to hiking trails in East Sooke Park, the beach, and has a fire pit and outdoor tub nestled among giant conifers for a campfire night.
We loved staying at this adult treehouse, which is accessible by a long bridge and has beautiful spacious interiors. Guests can access the upstairs loft, which has a queen size bed and flatscreen, cook in the full kitchen downstairs, and take a relaxing dip in the outdoor hot tub.
In addition, the host, Madison, is always nearby to solve guest issues and is very helpful.
So book the East Sooke treehouse for a relaxing treetop getaway for couples. Here’s why it’s one of the best treehouse rentals in Canada:
- The amenities: The treehouse features a kitchenette with a fridge, dining space, a bathroom with a tiled shower overlooking the forest, and a loft bedroom with beautiful views. The outdoor spaces feature a deck with a hot tub and a propane firepit.
- The location: Guests spend the day hiking in the lush nature trails of East Sooke Park, spot wildlife from their treehouse, and visit the nearby beaches and the closeby Sooke City Center.
- The comfort and convenience: The treehouse is perfect for a glamping experience as it’s in a remote location close to nature, with both modern and rustic amenities and lots of peace and quiet for working and relaxing.
The only small issue to consider before booking is that the bathroom is accessible from a separate entrance which you need to access outdoors.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and stocked with the essentials.
- The hosts are friendly and responsive.
- There are linens, towels, and robes provided for guest use.
- The treehouse has a secluded location close to the State Park.
- Guests are close to town for outdoor dining and grocery trips.
- The jets in a hot tub don’t work.
- The bathroom has a separate entrance from the outdoors.
Overall, we had a great time at this treehouse, and it’s ideal for an isolated forest getaway in Canada.
Which is the best rustic treehouse with an outdoor shower in Canada?
Folks looking for a rustic treehouse in Canada should book the Bluebird House in Chilliwack, which is nestled on private wooded acreage and has amenities like an outdoor shower and fire pit for a camping-like experience. Another great rural treehouse is the treehouse near Otter river, which has amenities like a wood stove, outdoor seating spaces, and no electricity, so you can rough it in the great outdoors.
What are the best Airbnb treehouse rentals in Canada?
The best Airbnb treehouse rentals in Canada include the Creekside treehouse, which is in a private forest in British Columbia, nestled among Douglas fir trees and western red cedar trees, with great amenities and treetop views. Other great rentals are the Bluebird house in Chilliwack, and the East Sooke House, which have stunning locations and all the amenities you need for a relaxing stay.
What’s the benefit of staying at the River treehouse?
The River treehouse is located close to the Otter River in Ontario and is a great rental for families and small groups, as it sleeps four comfortably. The treehouse offers great amenities like a comfortable sleeping platform, a wood burning stove, and a porch with a hammock for lounging outdoors and enjoying the open space.
Winding Up the Best treehouse rentals in Canada
Whether you’re visiting Canada on vacation or a local looking for a staycation, book the gorgeous Canadian tree houses, which have stunning locations nestled among nature and all the modern amenities you’re used to.
My boyfriend and I have stayed in the treehouses mentioned in this article, and we guarantee you can find something terrific for yourself, your family, couples, and solo travelers.
Need a family-friendly treehouse in Canada? Book the Secret Garden treehouse in North Vancouver.
Looking for a couple’s treehouse? Don’t miss the Bluebird House in Chilliwack and the Treehouse Getaway in Port Perry.
Need a secluded rental for a quiet vacation? Book the East Sooke treehouse in British Columbia.
The best Canadian treehouses have everything you need and more!
Last Updated on December 11, 2023 by Brian