Looking for romantic Hocking Hills cabins? Well, you’ve come to the right place!
That’s because my boyfriend and I have been vacationing in Ohio for years and know all the best Hocking Hills cabins for a couple’s retreat. So we’ve done you all a favor and compiled a list of the top four rentals every couple needs to visit for an idyllic escape in the Hocking Hills region.
These cabins have serene locations close to Hocking Hills state parks, near downtown Logan, on a lush horse ranch, and in private forests.
In addition, you’ll have access to the best — modern amenities, stunning views, hosts, and great overall value.
Our goal with this article is to help you save time and effort in choosing the best Hocking Hills cabins by sharing our personal experiences. So every rental mentioned below is guaranteed to offer a fantastic stay.
Let’s check out the most romantic cabins in Hocking Hills!
Pine Retreat Cabin – Best Romantic Cabin with a Hot Tub in Hocking Hills
Source: booking.com Pine Retreat Cabin with Hot Tub
If you’re looking for an authentic log cabin in the Hocking Hills region — book the gorgeous Pine Retreat cabin in Logan right away! My boyfriend and I have spent some amazing romantic weekends at this rental, which features; a spacious living room, a full game room, a well-stocked kitchen, and beautiful outdoor spaces.
However, nothing beats soaking in the outdoor hot tub — which was great for soaking in after a long day outdoors.
In addition, the property managers have kept the place in great shape and are always a call away if you need any assistance.
Here’s why you need to book this cabin for your next romantic getaway in Hocking Hills:
- The spaces: The cabin features two comfortable bedrooms, a kitchen and a living area, an upstairs game room, an outdoor area with a spacious deck, a grill and dining space, a hot tub, a fire pit with ample seating, and a catch-and-release pond.
- The amenities: You’ll enjoy all the modern amenities you’re used to at this cabin. Such as — comfortable bedding, all cooking utensils and appliances, a flatscreen TV, high-speed Wi-Fi, a foosball table, pool table, arcade games, a gas grill outdoors, and much more.
- The location: The rental is conveniently located close to on-site hiking trails, a private pond for fishing, boat rentals, and a beach at Lake Logan State Park, Old Man’s Cave, Ash Cave, and many outdoor recreational activities.
Basically, this cabin is your dream getaway in Hocking Hills, and we had a fantastic time here!
However, you should note that the fireplace doesn’t work, and we had to deal with many stink bugs in the upstairs bedroom.
- The cabin is secluded, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- The hosts are very responsive and attentive to guest queries.
- You can access a deck with beautiful pond views and thick foliage.
- The cabin is perfect for a romantic getaway/family vacation/friend’s trip.
- The cabin needs better maintenance as the fireplace didn’t work, and some floorboards were coming loose.
- There were limited amenities, such as towels in the bathroom.
So prepare for an unforgettable getaway in Hocking Hills from the couple-favorite Pine Retreat cabin!
Red Hickory Cabin – Best Romantic Couples Cabin in Hocking Hills
Source: vrbo.com Romantic Couple’s Cabin
My boyfriend and I stayed at the Red Hickory cabin on a local’s recommendation and loved every minute here!
You’ll love this cabin just as much; located on eight acres of woods, with access to lush hiking trails and beautiful views from the balcony — it’s the perfect retreat for nature lovers!
Furthermore, you can experience rustic living from the cabin’s all-wood interiors, vaulted ceiling, and a wood-burning fireplace right in the middle of the living room. We also enjoyed cooking homemade meals in the cozy kitchen, roasting s’mores on the outdoor fire ring, and waking up to the sounds of birds every day.
Furthermore, the property managers are responsive and ensure you have a relaxing stay.
Hence, there’s no better place for a romantic escape in Hocking Hills than the secluded Red Hickory cabin — and here’s why you’ll agree:
- The attention to detail: The owners have put in a lot of small touches to make the cabin feel special, such as; homely decor, bar seating in the kitchen, a romantic dining space, a queen bed, and a private balcony with lovely forest views.
- The modern amenities: Despite the remote location, you’ll enjoy entertainment facilities from the TV, wireless internet, and streaming channels, get to cook from two gas grills, soak in an outdoor hot tub facing the forest, and all the amenities needed for a comfortable stay.
- The outdoors: The best part about this cabin is — its proximity to some terrific hiking from well-marked trails. In addition, Hocking Hills State Park is nearby, as well as Wayne National Forest, downtown Logan, ATV trails, bike paths, and much more.
But one thing to consider before booking; the cabin is up a steep path and requires a 4WD to navigate the way.
- The cabin is clean, well-stocked, and has all the essential amenities you need.
- There is a wood-burning stove in the living room, which keeps the cabin warm.
- There are plenty of hiking trails around the cabin and in the area.
- You can bring your pets as there are great open spaces to play in
- You’re a short drive from great activities in the Hocking Hills area.
- The drive to the cabin is steep and requires a 4WD, especially during snow.
Overall, we had an amazing time at this cabin, and it’s the perfect rental if you need a remote cabin close to nature.
Pine Creek Horseman’s Camp – Best Hocking Hills Cabins for Nature Lovers
Source: booking.com Pine Creek Hocking Hills Cabins
Couples looking for a romantic retreat in Hocking Hills close to nature are in luck, as the Pine Creek cabins are the perfect getaway!
My boyfriend and I spent a few weeks in the summer here and were at a loss to find any fault with the area! The cabins are perfect for couples/families/large groups, as they range in size and offer fully-furnished living spaces, plus kitchens, outdoor seating from a patio, a bubbling hot tub, and many community facilities to enjoy.
The best part — the cabins are on a stunning horse ranch with miles of trails, lush scenery, and lovely horse stables nearby!
Moreover, you have great assistance from the hosts and property managers, who go out of their way to ensure guests have a relaxing stay!
So treat yourself to a lovely getaway from the Pine Creek Horseman’s Camp, as they have some of the most romantic cabins in Hocking Hills.
Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The amenities: Your partners and families will love the cabins’ comfortable furniture, hot tubs on the spacious patios, indoor and outdoor dining spaces, full kitchens and bathrooms, grills for cooking, cable TV, private parking, and garden access.
- Comfort and convenience: You can take in beautiful views of the ranch from the patio and balcony, delve in complete privacy with no rentals nearby, enjoy the closeness to the stables and ride horses, and much more.
- The camp facilities: The camp provides access to shared spaces such as; an on-site BBQ, a shared fire pit area, hiking and biking trails, horse stables, plus great hosting.
However, the property does have issues that need addressing. For example — there are limited amenities in the bedroom and kitchen, the jets in some hot tubs don’t work, and the Wi-Fi is poor.
- The cabins are well-maintained, secluded, and close to great attractions in Hocking Hills.
- The hosts are friendly and responsive throughout your stay.
- You can enjoy access to shared amenities on the ranch.
- The outdoor spaces give spectacular views of the ranch.
- The cabins are gorgeous and have seasonal decorations which make them even prettier!
- The Wi-Fi connectivity is weak in the area.
- The cabins have well-used kitchen utensils and lack some bedroom essentials.
So book yourself a relaxing getaway in Hocking Hills with the Pine Creek cabins — as they’re one of the best!
Whitetail Pines Cabin – Best Hocking Hills Cabin Rentals for Families
Source: vrbo.com Whitetail Pines Cabin – Best Cabin Rentals for Families
On our last trip to Ohio, my boyfriend and I were looking for a cabin to accommodate our family for an anniversary weekend and came across the stunning Whitetail Pines cabin.
We fell in love at first sight as the rental is ideally located in the center of Hocking Hills, on two acres of private woods with the state park and many outdoor adventures nearby. In addition, you can easily accommodate up to nine people from the cabin’s many rooms; including four bedrooms, three bathrooms, a large kitchen, a living room, and a huge deck.
However, we spent most of our time on the patio — soaking in the hot tub, cooking on the grill, telling ghost stories around the fire pit, and exploring the woods.
Furthermore, Courtney is a terrific host, and ensures guests have a relaxing time.
So here’s why we consider Whitetail Pines one of the best romantic cabins in Hocking Hills:
- The luxurious amenities: The cabin is perfect for a modern-day getaway, as it features high-quality bedding and furniture, a full kitchen with stainless steel appliances and granite countertops, a fireplace, a flatscreen TV, and a rec room with fun indoor games.
- The location: The cabin is on private property close to many trails, plus Old Man’s Cave, Cedar Falls, Ash Cave, and great restaurants and shopping from downtown.
- The outdoor space: Guests can enjoy the sights and sounds of the forest right outside their doorstep, spot wildlife like deer and turkey on the property, stargaze from the clear sky, and settle around the fire pit.
The only thing to consider before booking is that the cabin needs better cookware in the kitchen, plus it lacks cleaning supplies, and towels — so you’ll need to bring your own.
- The cabin has a prime location in Hocking Hills, close to most places.
- The host is very helpful and solves guest issues well.
- You can explore the vast cabin property and enjoy complete privacy.
- There’s a hot tub, outdoor dining, and ample seating outdoors.
- The cabin lacks some basic utensils, so you’ll need to bring your own.
So book the Whitetail Pines cabin for your next trip to Ohio — as it’s perfect for families/large groups/couples/solo travelers in Hocking Hills.
What’s a romantic getaway for couples in Hocking Hills?
Hocking Hills has the best romantic cabins if you need a rental for a couple’s weekend. Some great ones include the Pine Retreat Cabin, the Red Hickory, and the Pine Creek Horseman’s Camp, which have modern amenities, private locations, hot tubs, and proximity to all outdoor activities in Hocking Hills.
Is there a romantic cabin with an indoor hot tub in Hocking Hills?
The Sweet Heart cabin rentals are one of the best romantic cabins in Hocking Hills, as they’re Amish-built, promising privacy from their beautiful nature settings, plus great amenities, and the best part — is indoor hot tubs! The rentals are located on 18 acres of private woods, offering a stunning location that’s close to everything in Hocking Hills.
What are some good honeymoon cabins in Hocking Hills?
Couples needing a nature retreat for their honeymoon are in luck since Hocking Hills has amazing honeymoon cabins! Some of your best bets are the Sweet Heart cabins, the Waterfall cabin, the Cherry Ridge Retreat, the Wildflower cabin, and the Pine Retreat cabin. These rentals have access to hiking trails and private gardens, beautiful wooded views, secluded locations, and many cozy nooks to cuddle in.
Wrap-Up: Romantic Cabins in Hocking Hills
If you need a romantic Hocking Hills getaway, there are some amazing cabins in the area that promise an unforgettable couple’s weekend. These feature roomy interiors, secluded locations, wooded surroundings, and the best part — hot tubs!
So book the cabins mentioned in this article, and you’re guaranteed an unforgettable time among the verdant beauty of Hocking Hills!
Need a romantic cabin surrounded by nature? Book the Pine Creek Horseman’s Camp cabins.
Looking for a rental in the woods? Don’t miss the Red Hickory and the Whitetail Pines cabin.
Hocking Hills is an unmissable rental for your couple’s getaway!
Last Updated on October 27, 2023 by Brian