Welcome to our guide to the best romantic cabins with hot tubs in California for 2024!
My boyfriend and I spent a month exploring all over California, looking for the ideal relaxing, romantic getaway. We love to stay in cabins and had so much fun exploring from Northern California down to Southern California and out to the Pacific Ocean.
We read many online reviews and got advice from local people and travel experts to find the best cabins. The most important part? We actually stayed in these treehouses to see what they’re really like.
We found awesome cabins with hot tubs, great views, trails for hiking and biking, and secluded cabin rentals perfect for a private getaway. This guide will help you find the perfect romantic getaway or cozy cabin rental with a hot tub based on your accommodation needs, budget, and interests.
In this article, we share our personal experiences and provide information on the top 7 cabin’s locations, views, amenities, nearby activities, and overall experience.
Whether you are looking for a secluded cabin rental with a scenic view, a vacation rental close to lakes and state parks, or a luxury California escape, we’ve got the perfect cabin for you!
Get ready for a fun trip! Scroll down to find and book your ultimate romantic cabin getaway in California.
The Haven Idyllwild Cabin – The Luxury San Jacinto Mountains Cabin with a Cedar Hot Tub in Southern California
Source: Vrbo.com, Haven Idyllwild: Mountain cabin luxury, stunning views, cedar hot tubs
The Haven Idyllwild was our number-one pick for romantic cabins in California. The new cabin has a luxury and modern interior, perfect for a relaxing stay. We loved all the natural light and floor-to-ceiling windows in the surrounding forest. The master bedroom has a beautiful balcony, and we spent much time on the large deck.
The amenities are excellent, with a fully equipped kitchen, game room, high-speed wifi, smart tv, fireplace, and private hot tub. The entire cabin is made for comfort, with luxury appliances, modern bathrooms, and furniture. Also, the cabin is pet friendly and can sleep up to six guests.
We loved exploring the San Jacinto Mountains and Mount San Jacinto State Park. We got to do a lot of hiking trails, bird watching, biking, and even horseback riding. We also visited San Diego and Joshua Tree National Park, each about an hour away.
We loved a lot of things about this secluded cabin rental, from which you can read the top three below:
- Amenities: The cabin has a well-equipped kitchen, spacious bathrooms, a large outdoor seating area with furniture, and luxury items like a cedar hot tub, wifi, a fireplace, and stunning forest views.
- Location: The cabin is in a forested valley overlooking a stream in the San Jacinto Mountains near Mount San Jacinto State Park.
- Host interaction: John and April were friendly and accommodating hosts. They quickly responded to all questions.
The entire cabin is made for relaxation and comfort. We loved everything about it and had a great vacation. However, remember that even though the property is pet friendly, there is a one-pet limit.
- Enjoy all the outdoor activities like hiking, bird watching, horseback riding, and biking.
- Relax in the luxurious cedar hot tub overlooking the forest.
- Enjoy grilling and eating out on the large deck.
- Grab a book and cuddle up next to the fireplace.
- This cabin rental has a one-pet policy.
The Cozy Yosemite Cabin – The Cozy Cottage close to Merced River Canyon and Yosemite National Park
Source: Vrbo.com, Cozy Yosemite Cabin with hot tub, Yosemite National Park
We loved staying at this one-bedroom, one-bathroom cozy cabin near Yosemite National Park. The cabin is spacious and perfect for two guests, though it can sleep up to six guests. The interior has all the modern amenities we need for comfort, including a fully stocked kitchen with modern appliances, a library with books, puzzles, and games, and beautiful views from oversized windows.
We spent most of our time outside and loved the spacious deck with a private hot tub, gas BBQ grill, and herb garden. We loved the small town setting, close to many outdoor activities, and Yosemite National park. It’s ideal for couples who enjoy hiking. We also loved visiting the Butterfly Creek Winery and Lake Bag Bagby Recreation Area. Brian McClure and Susan were excellent hosts.
We highly recommend this as one of the best romantic cabins because of its location and comfort. Here are three reasons why we rate it as one of the best treehouses in California:
- Quality Amenities: This modern cabin has high-end amenities inside and outside, including a hot tub, a full kitchen with stainless steel appliances, a spacious deck with outdoor furniture, and a gas grill.
- Location: The cabin is a great place to explore the outdoors, with endless activities in the forest and national parks.
- The hosts: Brian and Susan were friendly and accommodating hosts that responded quickly and made check-in and check-out easy.
We loved the quiet and comfortable Cozy Yosemite Cabin and would stay again. However, there is one more rental on the same property. We did not mind, but the cabin is not as secluded as some on the list.
- Explore the nearby national parks and try activities like rock climbing or horseback riding.
- Have a fun outing to the Butterfly Creek Winery.
- Relax in the private hot tub after a day of exploring.
- Enjoy making a romantic dinner in the fully equipped kitchen.
- Relax in the herb garden while enjoying your morning coffee.
- There is another home rental on the same property.
The Smokey’s Den – The Rustic South Lake Tahoe Cabin for a Romantic Winter Wonderland Experience
Source: Vrbo.com, South Lake Tahoe Cabin Getaway – The Smokey’s Den
My boyfriend and I loved staying at this spacious three-bedroom, one-and-a-half-bathroom South Lake Tahoe vacation rental. It was a peaceful and relaxing getaway, and we loved the tall lush pine trees surrounding the cabin. The location is perfect for outdoor activities and is close to South Lake Tahoe and Fallen Leaf Lake. We also found some great walking trails, perfect for a morning run.
Both the interior and exterior had all the amenities we needed, including a cozy fireplace, a full kitchen, a smart tv, board games, and more. We spent much time outside enjoying the gas grill and hot tub. We visited in the summer and had a great time, but it also has a great ski cabin location near Heavenly Mountain Ski Resort and Homewood Mountain Ski Resort.
We loved many things about The Smokey’s Den Cabin. Here are the reasons it’s one of our top romantic cabins in California:
- Great Location: The cabin is close to many ski resorts, outdoor recreation areas, and restaurants in downtown South Lake Tahoe.
- Good value: This large three-bedroom cabin sleeps up to six guests, making it great for the money if you visit with family or friends.
- Nearby activities: We enjoyed kayaking, boating, swimming, and tubing at the lake. There are also great trails for bird watching and running nearby,
This rental was one of our top cabins with hot tubs, and it was almost impossible to find fault. However, a few items, like the kitchen appliances and grill, could have used a better cleaning.
- Spend the day at the lake soaking up the sun and swimming.
- Easily visit one of the many nearby ski resorts.
- Relax and soak in the hot tub after a long day out.
- Explore downtown South Lake Tahoe for fun shops and restaurants.
- Light up the grill and enjoy eating outside on the deck.
- Some details in the cabin could have been cleaned better, especially in the kitchen.
The Joshua Tree Homestead Cabin – The Peaceful and Secluded Cabin Near the San Bernardino Mountains
Source: Airbnb.com, The Joshua Tree Homestead Cabin with views, hot tub/fire pit
We loved staying at the Joshua Tree Homestead cabin. The one-bedroom, one-bath, secluded cabin rental is comfortable and relaxing and has a unique and stunning desert view. It’s on 2.5 acres of land and in a government-protected area, making it peaceful and private. The modern interior has all the needed amenities and comforts, including a washer and dryer, a fully equipped kitchen, and free wifi.
The outdoors is beautiful, with a covered deck, hot tub, fire pit, and hammock. We loved being only ten minutes away from Joshua Tree National Park and all the amazing activities nearby. We took a guided tour across the park and did some rock climbing at sunset. Also, there were several great outdoor concerts while we visited and a Joshua Tree Art Walk. Elena was an extremely responsive host, and it was easy to check in and out. They also provide breakfast.
We loved a lot of things about this Joshua Tree Cabin, from which you can read the top three below:
- Location: Just minutes away from Joshua Tree National Park and on large secluded desert land, this cabin is ideal for couples looking to explore.
- Activities: There is much to do near this cabin, including rock climbing, exploring the desert and artwork, and enjoying activities like live music and entertainment.
- Amenities: The secluded cabin rental has all the modern comforts and a comfortable high-end interior. We enjoyed the hot tub, spacious deck and grill, fire pit, and complimentary breakfast.
This cabin was a unique and exciting stay for us; finding any faults is hard. However, keep in mind that this is a desert with wild animals. Also, you must travel about 1 mile on a dirt road to get to the cabin.
- Take a walking tour of Joshua Tree National Park.
- Enjoy a Joshua Tree Art Walk.
- Gather around the fire pit and enjoy the nights by star gazing or roasting marshmallows.
- Grab a sleeping bag and sleep under the stars.
- Soak in the private hot tub after a fun day out.
- You must travel on a dirt road for about one mile to get to the cabin, which is fine for most cars.
The Dreamy Lofted Cabin – A Unique Modern Mountain Getaway in a Quiet Neighborhood in Pine Cove
Source: Airbnb.com, Unique Modern Mountain Getaway in a Quiet Neighborhood
My boyfriend and I loved staying at this unique and modern cabin in Guerneville. We drove from San Francisco, and it took us about an hour and twenty to get to the cabin. The quiet and modern cabin is in a quiet neighborhood with stunning lush redwood trees surrounding the entire cabin. The interior is modern and functional, with exposed redwood cathedral ceilings, oversized windows, a fully equipped kitchen, and all the modern appliances.
We loved the large private deck with a great hot tub, outdoor shower, gas grill, and picnic table. Even though the cabin has neighbors on each side of the house, it feels like a secluded cabin rental far in the woods. We loved exploring downtown Greenville and the nearby wineries. Also, Bob was a wonderful host that responded quickly and helped us find nearby activities.
Those searching for a relaxing vacation rental will love the Modern Mountain Getaway Cabin. Here are three reasons why we consider it one of the best romantic cabins in California:
- Comfortable living area: The cabin has everything you need for a comfortable and relaxing stay, with an incredible detached master bedroom on the deck and amenities like a hot tub and outdoor shower.
- Quality amenities: The outdoor area is spacious and private and has an outdoor shower, hot tub, picnic table, and a glass grill. The interior has a fully equipped kitchen and comfortable home-like furniture.
- Nearby attractions: San Francisco is about an hour and twenty minutes from the cabin, and downtown Greenville has amazing restaurants and fun shops.
My boyfriend and I had an amazing time at this cabin and could hardly find fault. However, there is no air conditioning. The nights were especially hot and humid when we visited, so that we would have appreciated the AC.
- Enjoy outdoor grilling and lounging on the large deck.
- Relax in the secluded and private hot tub on the deck.
- Explore downtown Greenville or drive out to San Francisco.
- Enjoy your morning coffee with a stunning view and the sound of the birds in the trees.
- The cabin doesn’t have air conditioning.
The Starbright Cabin – The Romantic Big Bear Lake Cabin With a Hot Tub Near San Bernardino National Forest
Source: Airbnb.com, Starbright Cabin, cabins with hot tubs, Big Bear Lake
My boyfriend and I loved the Starbright Cabin with two bedrooms and one bath. The cabin is near Big Bear lake, Boulder Bay Park, and Lake Arrowhead Village. We enjoyed the easy lake access and all the fun outdoor activities like kayaking, swimming, and soaking up the sun shoreside.
The interior is clean and modern, with a fully equipped kitchen and an open, comfortable living area. We loved the fireplace. Outside is a nice spacious deck with an outdoor eating area and a grill. We loved using the hot tub. Kris was a great host and helped us find excellent restaurants nearby. This rental is a pet-friendly property.
This property is in an amazing location with great amenities and a fun-loving host. Here are three reasons why we consider it one of the best romantic cabins in California:
- Location: This cabin is close to everything, including Big Bear Lake, Baldwin Lake, Lake Arrowhead, and San Bernardino national forest.
- Amenities: The rental has a functional and fully equipped kitchen, two bedrooms, a hot tub, and a charming indoor wood-burning fireplace.
- The host: Kris is a host that responds quickly and is helpful with finding nearby activities and attractions.
My boyfriend and I had an amazing time at this Big Bear Lake cabin. But the cabin is in a residential area with little privacy. Also, there is no air conditioning.
- Visit one of the multiple nearby lakes.
- Soak in the hot tub after a day out in the city.
- Explore the San Bernardino national forest and go bird-watching or hiking.
- Cuddle up next to the wood-burning fireplace.
- Enjoy an outdoor meal on the spacious deck.
- The cabin doesn’t have air conditioning.
- There is not much privacy around the cabin.
The Lighthus Cabin – The Best Modern Lake Tahoe Cabin Getaway, A Luxurious Escape in California’s Winter Wonderland
Source: Airbnb.com, The Lighthus: A Contemporary Lake Tahoe Retreat
We adored this modern Lake Tahoe cabin with two bedrooms and a contemporary interior. It has some of the best luxury amenities, including a spacious king-sized master bed, an indoor gas fireplace, a full kitchen, a private sauna, a hot tub, and beach access with essentials provided (including beach towels, umbrella, beach blanket, and snorkeling gear). The yard and outdoor space it private.
The location of this cabin is also amazing, with beach access and excellent nearby restaurants, coffee shops, and other attractions. We loved visiting Emerald Bay State Park, where we had a picnic and enjoyed swimming. Check out the Heavenly Gondola Ski Area for those visiting in the winter. Our host, William, was accommodating, and we easily communicated via text. He even prepared a guidebook for visitors.
We highly recommend this as one of the best romantic cabins because of the location and luxury amenities. Here are three reasons why we rate it as one of the best cabins in California:
- Luxury Amenities: This stunning cabin has all the modern and luxury amenities needed, like a fully equipped kitchen, spacious bathroom, loft, hot tub, private sauna, and more.
- Location: The cabin is minutes from the beach, grocery store, coffee shops, and restaurants. It’s easy and convenient to stay here.
- Nearby activities: It’s easy to go swimming, boating, tubing, kayaking, or take relaxing walks at lake Tahoe or Emerald Bay State Park.
This rental is one of California’s best cabins for a couples retreat. We loved staying here. The only complaint is that the home is in a residential area. However, it has a lot of privacy.
- Spend the day at the beach, swimming and soaking up the sun.
- Have a spa evening by soaking in the luxury cedar wood hot tub and using the private sauna.
- Check out the great restaurants within walking distance of the cabin.
- Check out Emerald Bay State Park for a great day trip.
- Use the loft as a reading room, or curl beside the fireplace.
- This cabin is in a residential area but still offers privacy.
Wrapping up: romantic cabins in California with hot tubs
California is great for couples looking to vacation because it offers diverse cabins in unique areas. Throughout the state, you can find the most romantic cabins with hot tubs with luxury and modern accommodations, with rustic and simple forest hideaways, or in the desert with unique and interesting content.
No matter what you are looking for, California has an offer, and we have the best of the best cabins right in this article.
Trust me, my boyfriend and I stayed in each of these cabins, so all you have to do is read carefully and pick your favorite. They are all great options, so we guarantee you will have a comfortable and romantic stay no matter your choice.
So scroll up and take another look. You’ll fall in love with all of them!
What’s the best West Coast romantic cabin in California?
The Dreamy Lofted Cabin near San Francisco is an amazing West Coast California cabin rental. Lush redwood trees surround the modern cabin and is in a quiet area. The interior is modern and functional, with cathedral ceilings, oversized windows, a fully equipped kitchen, and all the modern appliances. There is also a private deck with a large hot tub, outdoor shower, gas grill, and picnic table.
What amenities do romantic cabins in California offer?
Our article’s cabins have amazing amenities, including a fully equipped kitchen, an indoor functioning bathroom, spacious bedrooms, outdoor dining areas, and hot tubs. They have modern comforts like Wi-Fi, TVs, and air conditioning. Some luxury cabins include outdoor showers, saunas, fire pits, stunning views, and beach access.
What’s the best romantic cabin near Big Bear Lake?
The Starbright Cabin, with two bedrooms and one bath, is in an amazing location near Big Bear Lake, Boulder Bay Park, the San Bernardino national forest, and Lake Arrowhead Village. The cabin provides easy Big Bear Lake access and all the fun outdoor activities like kayaking, canoeing, swimming, and having a picnic on the beach. This cabin also has modern amenities, including an outdoor dining area with a grill and a hot tub.
Are There Any Romantic Cabins in California with Hot Tubs on the Beach?
While our top picks focus on cabins nestled in forests and mountains, California’s diverse landscape does offer romantic cabins near the beach. For instance, The Lighthus Cabin near Lake Tahoe provides beach access and romantic amenities like a private sauna and hot tub. For more beachside options, consider exploring Airbnb listings for unique finds on the California coast.
What Makes Joshua Tree Homestead Cabin a Unique Romantic Winter Cabin in California?
The Joshua Tree Homestead Cabin stands out as a romantic winter cabin due to its secluded desert location near the San Bernardino Mountains. This one-bedroom, comfortable cabin is perfect for couples seeking a unique winter getaway. It offers modern amenities, a hot tub, and is just minutes away from Joshua Tree National Park, providing an ideal blend of comfort and adventure.
Can You Recommend Affordable Romantic Cabins in California for Weekend Getaways?
Absolutely! For affordable romantic cabins in California, consider destinations like The Smokey’s Den in South Lake Tahoe or cabins near Big Bear Lake. These locations offer a mix of rustic charm and modern comforts, ideal for a weekend getaway. Additionally, searching on platforms like Airbnb can reveal hidden gems that are both romantic and budget-friendly.
Last Updated on January 14, 2024 by Brian