Feel the love of New Mexico by staying in the best romantic cabins in the desert and mountains!
My boyfriend and I love the culture of New Mexico, so when we had the chance for a road trip this summer, we couldn’t resist exploring all the beautiful romantic cabins the state offers couples. We were excited to revisit the state and become experts!
We stayed at some breathtaking cabins near Santa Fe, Albuquerque, Riverbend Hot Springs, Historic Upper Canyon, Cibola National Forest, and many more stunning locations with the best restaurants, desert, and mountain views.
Each cabin on our list is carefully picked, considering everyone’s needs, interests, and budget, aiming to find you the perfect getaway with excellent outdoor activities, luxury amenities, comfortable accommodations, and stunning views, perfect for exploring the area or a secluded escape.
Our article evaluates each property’s location, accommodations, nearby outdoor activities, host interaction, and overall experiance.
So whether you are looking for a good hiking trail, cozy hideaway, or nearby fine dining, we have the ideal romantic cabin for your trip!
Warning: The cabins on this list are amazing; you’ll want to visit them all!
Source: Airbnb.com, Luxurious Log Cabin on a River, Taos, New Mexico
The Inn of the Five Graces – Best Romantic Cabins and Rooms in Santa Fe Historic District With Spa and Wellness Centre
Source: Booking.com, The Inn of the Five Graces, downtown Santa Fe, New Mexico
The Inn of the Five Graces is a stunning property with luxurious amenities and exotic East Indian and Tibetan room decor. My boyfriend and I stayed in the spacious three-bedroom villa with a spacious master bedroom and guest rooms, free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen tv, a fireplace, and air conditioning.
We thoroughly enjoyed the easy access to the award-winning spa and wellness center, fitness center, bar, and full breakfast. It’s a great place to relax, explore nearby attractions, or stay at the Inn. The Santa Fe location is a perfect spot for exploring nearby art galleries like the Canyon Road Galleries or some of the best restaurants in the state.
The Five Graces three-bedroom cabin was our top pick for a romantic getaway because of all the luxury accommodations and location. Here are three reasons you’ll love staying here:
- Beautiful interior: East Indian and Tibetan interior is unique and luxurious and offers all the comforts of a modern vacation.
- Resort amenities: The property has a modern spa center, fitness room, bar, and full breakfast service, for a fully relaxing and comfortable experiance.
- Santa Fe Location: The downtown Santa Fe area is a great place to explore Mexico’s influence on culture and food and explore great art galleries.
This cabin offers amazing comfort, and we really loved every minute of our stay. It’s hard to find any fault, considering the amenities. However, it is part of an Inn and not a secluded cabin like some choices on this list.
- Relax in the spa or have a couple’s massage with that special someone.
- Enjoy a great workout in the fitness room before breakfast.
- Enjoy drinks at the bar, or relax next to the fireplace.
- Explore nearby restaurants, shops, and art galleries.
- Though the three-bedroom cabin has a private entrance, it is less secluded than most.
Romantic Ruidoso A-Frame Cabin – Getaway With a Private Hot Tub and Pool Table at Grindstone Lake
Source: Vrbo.com, Ruidoso Cabins, Ruidoso A-Frame Cabin ~ 1 Mi to Grindstone Lake
My boyfriend and I enjoyed this spacious five-bedroom, three-bathroom cabin nestled in cool pines. It has excellent indoor amenities like a fully equipped kitchen, free wireless internet, a wood-burning fireplace, a washer and dryer, a pool table, and many board games.
We spent most of our time on the covered private balcony with outdoor furniture and a private hot tub. We loved the view of the trees and relaxing in the quiet hammock. The gas grill was perfect for cooking outside. The location is perfect for exploring, and we took a short trip to the Rio Grande Valley. We also enjoyed horseback riding at Grindstone Stables and hiking on the nearby trails.
Staying at this spacious romantic cabin was a great adventure, and we loved all the accommodations. Make sure to book it because you’ll love the following:
- Amenities: This cabin offers all the modern amenities of the home, including a full kitchen, free Wi-Fi, a pool table, laundry, a spacious covered deck, and a private hot tub.
- Outdoor space: The outdoor covered deck has great comfortable furniture to spend the day playing games, grilling, or relaxing in the hammock.
- Nearby activities: This cabin is the perfect gathering point to drive to the stunning Rio Grande Valley or explore nearby activities like hiking, horseback riding, and bird-watching.
We loved staying at this spacious cabin with great amenities and nearby outdoor activities. There’s not much to complain about. It is a large rental, with five rooms, so it’s better suited for a larger group. Also, it has nearby neighbors, which did not bother us.
- Enjoy a fun game of pool.
- Prepare a romantic meal together in the full kitchen.
- Relax with a good book on the spacious private balcony.
- Soak in the private hot tub after a day of adventure.
- The cabin has nearby neighbors and is less secluded than some properties on the list.
The Redwood Cabin in Historic Upper Canyon – A Cozy Getaway With Luxury Amenities
Source: Airbnb.com, The Redwood Cabin in Historic Upper Canyon
The Redwood Cabin was such a relaxing getaway for us. The lush trees and peaceful surroundings made us feel alone in the world. The one-bedroom two bath cabin has a fully equipped kitchen, gas fireplace, modern walk-in shower, jetted spa tub in the master bedroom, and modern rustic decor. Outside is a beautiful gas-fire table with seating, an outdoor hot tub, and a gas grill.
We loved the location right next to the Lincoln National Forest. We got to take great walks and saw a lot of deer, squirrels, birds, elk, and wild turkeys. We also loved Grindstone Lake, where we enjoyed feeding the ducks. Alfredo is a great host that responds quickly and is willing to help renters find nearby activities.
This New Mexico cabin is perfect for couples looking to relax and spend time alone in a peaceful location. Check out three reasons you’ll want to stay here:
- Location: The cabin is in a secluded and peaceful place next to the Lincoln National Forest, perfect for relaxing and observing wildlife.
- Amenities: The cabin has all the modern comforts of home and luxury amenities like a hot tub, jetted spa tub in the master bedroom, a gas fire table with seating, and a fully equipped kitchen.
- Host interaction: Our host Alfredo was super friendly, quick to respond, and helped us find nearby activities and supply stores.
This cabin easily made our favorites list for all the great accommodations and relaxing locations. However, remember that this rental has many stairs, which can be problematic for some.
- Spend the day hiking and observing the wildlife in the national forest.
- Enjoy an outdoor meal on the spacious deck area.
- Gather around the fire table for romantic drinks at night.
- Relax in the private hot tub after a day out.
- The cabin is on three different levels with many stairs, which can be problematic for some.
The Luxurious Log Cabin on a River – The Best Romantic Vacation near Angel Fire Ski Area and Taos Ski Valley with Hot Tub
Source: Airbnb.com, Luxurious Log Cabin on a River, Taos, New Mexico
This Taos Ski Valley cabin is perfect for an extended weekend. My boyfriend and I enjoyed all the great amenities it had to offer and had a lot of fun. The two-bedroom, one-bath sits on 5 acres of land next to Carson National Forest and has plenty of space and privacy. We roved the traditional log interior with a modern twist and the fully equipped kitchen, luxury walk-in shower, fireplace, flat screen tv, and all modern appliances.
The outdoor deck is perfect for relaxing day and night. We spent much time sitting outside listening to the river and trees. There is a comfortable seating area, fire pit, hammock, gas grill, and hot tub.
We also loved the outdoor sofa, porch swing, and rocking chairs. The location is secluded yet close enough to great attractions. We had a night out at El Monte Sagrado and enjoyed live music and nightlife. It’s a good place to visit in the winter for the ski areas and in the summer for all the hiking.
The Luxurious Log Cabin is a hidden treasure in Taos, New Mexico. Make sure to book it for the following reasons:
- Amenities: The cabin has all the possible modern comforts, including a luxurious bathroom, full kitchen, high-end furniture, and decor.
- Outdoor accommodations: The beautiful deck near the water and quiet surroundings are relaxing, and there are great amenities like the private hot tub, fire pit, outdoor furniture, and gas grill.
- Location: The cabin is a good choice whether you are looking for winter or summer activities. It’s close to ski resorts and beautiful national forest trails. It’s also near enough to the city for those looking for great restaurants and nightlife.
My boyfriend and I enjoyed staying in this modern and unique cabin. We will for sure visit it again. The road to the cabin is difficult, especially in bad weather, and you should use a four-wheel drive vehicle.
- Light up the grill and enjoy an outdoor meal looking out onto the water.
- Read y good book in the comfortable outdoor seating area.
- Soak in the hot tub after a day of hiking.
- Roast hot dogs and marshmallows in the fire pit.
- A four-wheel drive vehicle is best suited to get to the cabin.
Wrapping up: Best Romantic Cabins in New Mexico
New Mexico is a beautiful state with a diverse landscape and a lot of cultural and natural beauty. No matter how often my boyfriend and I visit, we keep returning for the culture, food, sites, and stunning natural landscapes.
We spent a lot of time staying at many different romantic cabins throughout the state around some incredible properties. Narrowing down our choices to the top four was a hard task. That’s why we are sure you will love every one of them.
All you need to do is pick your favorite and start booking!
We have a lot of knowledge on the topic, so trust us! We have the best-of-the-best romantic cabin rentals New Mexico has to offer.
What’s the best Santa Fe, New Mexico, romantic cabin for couples?
The Inn of the Five Graces has the best romantic cabins and rooms in the Santa Fe historic district, with a luxury spa and wellness center. They have multiple rental options ranging from rooms to three-person villa options. All the rentals are gorgeously furnished in an East Indian and Tibetan style. They also offer a fitness area, bar, and full breakfast.
What’s the best romantic cabin rental in New Mexico with a private hot tub?
The Romantic Ruidoso A-Frame Cabin is a spacious five-bedroom cabin with a private hot tub and Pool Table. It’s in a beautiful location right next to Grindstone Lake. It’s a perfect rental for those looking to go hiking, biking, horseback riding, and exploring the nearby attractions. The cabin is fully equipped with modern appliances and furniture and has a spacious private deck.
What’s the best romantic rental in New Mexico with a spa and wellness center?
The Inn of the Five Graces has a beautiful spa, wellness center, massage packages, and fitness center. It also offers a couples massage, a bar, and great room comforts like free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen tv, a fireplace, and air conditioning. The Santa Fe location makes it a perfect spot to explore historic areas filled with art galleries and great restaurants.
Last Updated on October 27, 2023 by Brian