Welcome to our guide on Wisconsin’s most secluded cabins for 2024!
My boyfriend and I have been uncovering Wisconsin’s best hidden cabins, from the serene Wisconsin River to the secluded Lost Lake, the vibrant Eagle River, the adventurous Wisconsin Dells, and the vast shores of Lake Michigan. We’ve explored cities like Milwaukee, Madison, Green Bay, Appleton, and Eau Claire to bring you the best cabin experiences.
We did our homework, digging into reviews and chatting with both locals and experts. The key? We stayed in these cabins to really get a feel for them.
Our goal is to help you find the perfect secluded cabin in Wisconsin that meets your taste, needs, and budget. We’ve highlighted the top choices, focusing on their comfort, prime locations, and overall value.
Seeking a hidden gem for a couple’s getaway, a quiet family vacation, a secluded luxury spot, or a nature-immersed retreat? We’ve got you covered with options that boast incredible views, lake access, forest surroundings, and ultimate privacy.
Dive into discovering Wisconsin’s secluded cabin gems for 2024!
The Peace of Beach Cabin: Best Secluded Cabin – Lake Michigan (Door County)
Source: Vrbo.com, Peace of Beach, a private 4-season cottage on beautiful shores of Door County
Want to feel like you are floating on the water? Then this is the cabin for you!
This cabin has an unsurpassed water view with a private beach right in the backyard.
The two-bedroom cabin is spacous and well decorated, and the master bedroom has a nice and comfy queen-sized bed. Also, the cabin boasts a stone fireplace, a full and spacious kitchen, and a comfortable living space. The oversized glass windows bring in a lot of natural light.
You will love spending most of your time outside. There is an outdoor fire pit, charcoal BBQ, plenty of seating, and a picnic table.
The highlight of the property is the stunning sunrise view! (Worth getting up early for!)
Also, don’t miss out on all the amazing restaurants and wineries in Door County! We even ventured out to Green Bay for some fun.
This was our favorite secluded cabin. We loved the property and the amenities.
Here’s why you’ll love staying here:
- The view: We loved the stunning sunrise and calming water view right on the property. There is a panoramic view from most of the cabin.
- The location: Door County, Green Bay, and Lake Michigan offer many outdoor activities and city accommodations. So whether you want to spend the day on the water or dining and visiting wineries, this is a perfect place for you (we loved it!)
- The amenities: You will feel right at home in this cabin. It has all the comforts and amenities of a home, with modern appliances, comfortable furniture, and two fire pits!
What a wonderful experience! We really had a great time and couldn’t find much missing from this lakefront cabin rental. I would only mention that there is no washer or dryer in the unit. So, if you are staying for more than a few days – it could be an issue.
- Enjoy the stunning sunrise view while enjoying your cup of coffee or tea.
- Cool off in the water, or try kayaking right off the property.
- Light up the fire pit and enjoy the star-filled night sky.
- Cuddle up next to the wood-burning fireplace with your favorite book.
- Visit the many lighthouses on the peninsula.
- The cabin doesn’t have a washer and dryer. So, If you are staying longer, pack well!
The Log Cabin: A Spacious Cabin Rental With a Private swimming pond, hot tub, and 70 acres of woods (near Castle Rock Lake)
Source: Vrbo.com, Northwoods Getaway- Private swimming pond, hot tub, & 70 acres of woods
My boyfriend and I really loved this Wisconsin’s Northwoods log cabin.
The property is on a huge private land and is secluded. Most of our time was spent outdoors enjoying the private swimming pond and private dock, where we enjoyed swimming, the kayaks, and a paddle boat (provided by the owners.)
The screened-in porch is great on a rainy day. And we loved soaking in the outdoor hot tub. There are even fun yard games like Horseshoes and a fire pit.
You will love staying in this three-bedroom cabin with your family or a group of friends.
The interior has all the amenities you could need, including a fully equipped kitchen, washer and dryer, and comfortable beds and furniture. The indoor fireplace is cozy and romantic.
We loved exploring the property and bird-watching. There is plenty of wildlife, like wild turkeys, squirrels, and deer that visit the property.
We loved being close to Castle Rock Lake and the Necedah National Wildlife Refuge, where we explored the hiking trails.
Don’t miss out on this beautiful secluded Wisconsin cabin rental.
Here are three reasons to book it:
- The property: Asides from the quiet and private location, the property is vast, with a private pond, walking trails, and lots of fun wildlife.
- The Amenities: We couldn’t think of anything this cabin was missing! Asides from the full kitchen, modern appliances, and two full bathrooms, the cabin has a great hot tub and fire pit.
- Nearby activities: Even if you visit for a few days, you can enjoy swimming, hiking, fishing, and kayaking. You can even rent a boat nearby. Don’t miss out on the Wisconsin Dells Water-parks (so much fun!)
This log cabin is spacous and perfect for a family or group of friends. We loved how private and spacous the property is. The only negative I could think of is that some cleaning details were missing. The dishes could use a better cleaning, and there was some dust. (But it wasn’t enough to change our opinion about this great cabin rental!)
- Enjoy paddle boating on the private pond.
- Light up the grill for a peaceful outdoor meal.
- Take a relaxing walk and observe the birds and wildlife.
- Soak in the private outdoor hot tub – all year long!
- Gather around the fire pit for roasting marshmallows and hot dogs.
- There were minor cleaning issues when we stayed (the kitchen wasn’t cleaned properly!)
The Tiny House Cabin: Best Cozy Cabin for Couples in Fall Creek
Source: Airbnb.com, Off-Grid Inn – Unit 1, Fall Creek
Waking up in this cabin is like sleeping in the wilderness, with all the comforts of a queen-sized bed! The panoramic forest views are beautiful, and the lush forest provides a calm and romantic setting.
We couldn’t get enough of it!
You will also love this cozy one-bedroom cabin! Though it doesn’t have fancy amenities (and it’s eco-friendly), the cabin has a well-stocked kitchenette, indoor bathroom, and modern wood decor. Outside is a spacous backyard with a fire pit and outdoor eating area.
If you enjoy outdoor activities like hiking – check out the nearby Big Falls County Park and Beaver Creek Reserve.
We even drove out to the Mississippi River for a day trip, which was a quick drive.
This beautiful secluded cabin is like something out of a magazine. It’s a perfect and simple retreat ideal for relaxing.
Make sure to check it out for the following reasons:
- Unique experience: Couples that haven’t started in a tiny home – shouldn’t miss out. This cabin is one of a kind, with a well-planned space and unique amenities.
- Great location: The Fall Creek cabin is close to the river, multiple hiking trails, and Lake Eau Claire. Even though it’s in a quiet location, it’s still close to small-town shops and restaurants.
- Great value: The price of this cabin is unmatched because you are not paying for space you won’t be using. Considering the comforts, it’s a great value for the money.
We loved this somewhat off-grid experience and had such a great time. It’s really a perfect romantic getaway for two! However, remember that the bathroom has limited flushes, and the shower is – a steam shower. Also, there are no additional amenities like a TV or washer.
- Enjoy an outdoor meal nestled among the trees.
- Go for a fun hike at the nearby park.
- Sit around the fire pit enjoying drinks and conversation.
- Take a trip to explore the Mississippi River.
- Read a book in the cozy bed surrounded by gorgeous views and lots of natural light.
- This is an eco-friendly home, so the use of the indoor bathroom is somewhat limited.
- There is no TV or washer in the cabin rental.
The Copper Squirrel Cabin: A Romantic Cabin Rental for Couples (near Lake Superior)
Source: Airbnb.com, The Copper Squirrel of Little Sand Bay
If you are looking for a Lake Superior adventure, this Northern Wisconsin cabin is perfect for you. The one-bedroom cabin is perfect for couples (and we loved the cozy log interior and exterior!)
We loved the authentic interior with excellent amenities like a screened-in porch, a fully equipped kitchen, and a wood-burning stove (perfect for winter stays!)
Did we mention that this secluded cabin is on a 10-acre wooded property with a pond and walking trails?
It’s perfect for summer or whiter stays!
The log cabin also has an outdoor fire pit, gas grill, and a fun hammock to lounge in.
We loved hiking at Houghton Falls and Lost Creek Falls. Make sure also to visit Meyers Beach.
This is one of the best-secluded cabins in Wisconsin for couples. Whether you love to cuddle up next to the wood-burning stove or explore the hiking trails – you will gave a great time.
Here’s why you’ll want to stay here:
- The location: The cabin is minutes from Sand Bay and Lake Superior. Perfect for enjoying the sandy beach and other water activities.
- The property: We loved the spacous property with great walking trails. You don’t need to leave the property to enjoy nature walks and wildlife.
- The amenities: You will have all the comforts of home here. Asides from a spacous kitchen, modern appliances, and comfortable furniture, the cabin has a nice grill, fire pit, and a screened-in porch.
It’s hard to find fault with this cozy, secluded cabin. My boyfriend and I had a great three-day stay. However, remember there is no air conditioning (so it gets a little stuffy in the summer!) Also, no water and dryer.
- Enjoy your morning coffee on the spacious screened-in porch.
- Check out the great hiking trails.
- Cuddle up with a good book next to the wood stove.
- Light up the grill for a peaceful outdoor meal.
- Roast marshmallows and enjoy the night sky next to the fire pit.
- There is no air conditioning (which we missed during our summer visit!)
- There is no washer or dryer available.
Wrapping up: The best-secluded cabins in Wisconsin
Wisconsin has some of the best-secluded cabins in the country. The naturally beautiful state provides great hideaways next to roaring rivers, expansive lakes, and lush forests and parks.
My boyfriend and I have traveled the country, and trust us – these are some of the best-secluded cabins available!
Are you looking for a secluded lakefront cabin? Then check out The Peace of Beach Cabin near Lake Michigan.
Searching for a family-friendly cabin rental with a private pond? The Log Cabin near Castle Rock Lake is for you!
Want to unplug in a cozy cabin for two? Check out The Tiny House Cabin.
All the choices on this list are excellent – trust us!
Warning: You’ll want to visit them all!
What modern amenities do cabin rentals in Wisconsin have?
There are many great secluded cabin rentals in Wisconsin. Each one offers something special, but all have incredible amenities. Most cabins have a fully equipped kitchen, modern appliances, a comfortable living space, an expansive deck or yard, and great views. Many of the cabins also have fire pits, hot tubs, hammocks, grills, and even kayaks and canoes available for use.
What are the best secluded Wisconsin cabin rentals for couples?
The Copper Squirrel Cabin near Lake Superior is a perfectly cozy and secluded cabin for two. This one-bedroom cabin is perfectly located with great amenities like a fully equipped kitchen, a cozy wood-burning stove, modern appliances, a gas grill, and a fire pit. While staying here, make sure to explore the great hiking trails at Houghton Falls and Lost Creek Falls.
What’s the best Wisconsin cabin rental with lake access?
What’s more relaxing than a secluded cabin on the lake?
Don’t miss out on the incredible Peace of Beach Cabin in Door County. The two-bedroom cabin has an impeccable view and private beach access right from the backyard. It also has modern amenities like a stone fireplace, a full and spacious kitchen, an outdoor fire pit, and a charcoal BBQ with plenty of outdoor seating area. So light up the grill! Go swimming! Try out a kayak! This cabin is perfect for all these activities.
Last Updated on February 5, 2024 by Brian