Welcome fellow travelers to the best Mexico treehouse rentals!
My boyfriend and I love the gorgeous jungles, beaches, and towns of Mexico, and we’ve been coming here on vacation for a few years. So on our last trip, we decided to track down the best treehouse hotels in the country, which guaranteed a relaxing getaway.
So we consulted a ton of online reviews, took recommendations from locals, and tested out each treehouse for ourselves by staying a few days. Our search led us to places in and around Tulum, in dense Mayan jungles, in Playa Del Carmen, Quintana Roo, and close to the international airport.
So after much back and forth and weighing the pros and cons of each treehouse, we finally narrowed it down to the top six rentals ranked on amenities, locations, panoramic views, hosts, and overall value.
Our goal with this article is to help you save time and effort in choosing the best Mexico treehouse rentals by sharing our personal experiences. So each treehouse mentioned below is the best of the best, and you’re guaranteed a relaxing stay no matter which one you pick.
Warning: These tree houses are highly addictive, and you won’t want to leave after seeing them!
Let’s find you the best treehouse rental in Mexico!
Mamasan Treehouses & Cabins – Best Mexico Treehouse Hotel for Families
Source: booking.com Mamasan Treehouses & Cabins
If you’re looking for treehouse hotels in Mexico for a relaxing stay, book the Mamasan treehouses, as they offer gorgeous cabins and treehouses minutes from South Tulum beach. My boyfriend and I spent our first trip to Mexico in this treehouse hotel and had an amazing experience.
We loved staying at this four-star hotel, which features gorgeous bedrooms overlooking the forest, large triangular windows that let in ample sunlight, open-air living spaces and bathrooms, and much more. Guests can also benefit from 24/7 room service, a concierge service, and tours organized by the hotel for Mexico’s best attractions.
So book the Mamasan treehouses for a modern treehouse getaway, as they’re the best treehouse hotel in Mexico. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The facilities: Guests in each rental have a private bathroom, terrace, garden view, essential toiletries, a wardrobe and safety deposit box, free WiFi, air conditioning, a seating area, a cozy king size bed, and much more.
- The services: The hotel offers an onsite restaurant, free parking, complimentary à la carte breakfast, concierge services, tours arranged around Mexico, access to the expansive gardens, and more.
- The location: The hotel is minutes from South Tulum beach, the Tulum Archeological site, Parque Nacional Tulum, restaurants, shops, clubs, and many attractions in town.
We had a terrific time at these accommodations without any problems. However, guests should consider that there’s a bar/nightclub next door which makes a lot of noise from its loud music, so it’s not ideal for longer stays.
- The rooms are clean, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- The staff is friendly and accommodating.
- Guests have access to a great restaurant in the treehouse.
- The location is close to all of Tulum’s best attractions.
- The treehouses are perfect for a romantic getaway.
- It gets loud at night due to music from the neighboring bar.
Overall, we had an amazing time at the hotel, and it’s ideal for small groups and couples looking for a comfortable accommodation in Mexico.
Tree House Boutique Hotel – Beautiful Luxury Mexico Treehouse Hotel
Source: booking.com Tree House Boutique Hotel – Luxury Mexico Treehouses
My boyfriend and I were looking for a hotel in Mexico to treat ourselves on vacation and came across the stunning Treehouse Boutique hotel in Merida. We fell in love with this space at first sight, as it features beautiful Hacienda architecture, open spaces with ample sunlight and plants, plus great service.
Since this is an adult-only hotel, it’s perfect for couples and solo travelers, as each comfortable room has a queen bed and a private bathroom, a shared seating area, and poolside views from secluded terraces. We especially loved the communal spaces, including a bar, dining area, and outdoor swimming pool, which are great for socializing with other guests.
In addition, the hotel is hosted by Sunita and her staff of lovely ladies, who made sure we had everything we needed during our stay.
So book the Treehouse Boutique hotel in Merida for your next trip, as it’s one of the best hotels in Mexico. Here’s why:
- The hotel amenities: The hotel provides a concierge desk and tour services in Merida, free private parking, Wi-Fi, room service, a 24-hour front desk, continental breakfast, and currency exchange for guests.
- The spaces: Guests can enjoy exploring the small private garden, dine or socialize from the open-air seating area, dining space, bar, and restaurant, take a dip in the outdoor swimming pool and view art pieces and architecture around the hotel.
- The location: Guests are a short distance from major attractions in Merida, such as the Merida Cathedral, the Main Square for exploring the history and culture of this gorgeous city, La Mejorada Park, and Manuel Crescencio Rejón International Airport.
We had the best time at this hotel without any issues. However, the space could use some upkeep overall, such as better insulation, as it gets chilly at night.
- The hotel is immaculate, well-maintained, and beautifully decorated.
- The host and her staff are friendly and responsive.
- Each room has air conditioning, a desk, a terrace with pool views, a bathroom, and a flat-screen TV.
- There’s a great bakery and café next to the hotel that’s owned by the host.
- The treehouse hotel is close to all major attractions in Merida.
- The treehouse hotel is not well-insulated.
- The walls are thin, so you can hear guests in the rooms next to yours and above.
Overall, we had a relaxing time at this beautiful treehouse, and we recommend it to everyone looking for adults-only accommodation in Mexico.
Casita Milagros – A Tropical Jungle Tree House
Source: vrbo.com Casita Milagros – A Tropical Jungle Tree House
My boyfriend and I stayed a few nights at the Casita Milagros and had a terrific time. This unique treehouse rental has a perfect location in a private Mayan jungle and is close to Tulum’s gorgeous white-sand Caribbean beaches.
We loved having a Mexican-style glamping experience from this treehouse with a central room surrounded by tall windows that let in treetop views and lots of sunlight. The best part was that we got to interact with native wildlife from the spacious rooftop terrace, such as spider monkeys and toucans that frequent the area.
In addition, this jungle tree house is hosted by Clayanna, who’s an amazing host and makes sure guests feel right at home.
So book the Casita Milagros jungle tree house, as it’s one of the best treehouses in Mexico. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The amenities: The treehouse has a mosquito net around the queen size bed in the bedroom, a ceiling fan, a hammock, outdoor seating areas, a private bathroom, and an adequately-equipped kitchen area.
- The outdoor spaces: The treehouse has unique outdoor spaces such as an outdoor shower surrounded by tropical plants, guaranteeing privacy, an outdoor kitchen with a gas stove, utensils, a sink, and a lovely rooftop terrace.
- The outdoor activities: The stunning location places guests close to Tulum’s beaches, where they can lounge on the sands and swim in the turquoise waters, visit the Mayan ruins of Tulum or Coba, shop in Tulum Centro, and explore the nearby Mayan villages.
The only small issue to consider is that this treehouse is right next to the owner’s house, and they share a wall. So you won’t have complete privacy.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- The host is very friendly and accommodating.
- The rental is completely sustainable and has a composting toilet.
- The rental is close to all the main attractions in Tulum.
- Guests can spot the native wildlife and vegetation that frequents this jungle.
- The rental has a shared wall with the owner’s house, so there isn’t much privacy.
Overall, we had a relaxing time in this secluded jungle, which is ideal for a glamping getaway in Quintana roo.
Deluxe Oceanfront Tulum Tree House
Source: vrbo.com Deluxe Oceanfront Tulum Tree House
If you want to experience the natural beauty of Mexico while enjoying all modern amenities, book the Casa Vela tree houses in Playa Del Carmen. My boyfriend and I stayed at these treehouse hotels with some friends and had an unforgettable time.
The rentals consist of four treehouses with the jungle on one side, white sand beaches on the other, and stunning views of both seen from private balconies. We particularly enjoyed the gorgeous architecture, which features hardwood floors, cozy hammocks and private lounge chairs overlooking the beach, and comfortable suites for two.
In addition, the rental has amazing hosts who provide 24-hour service and have kept the property in great shape.
So book the Casa Vela treehouse hotels, as they’re some of the best Mexico treehouse hotels. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The bedroom suites: Most rentals feature king and queen beds, living areas, full baths, outdoor decks and a balcony with chaise lounge chairs, a sleeping loft for families with children, flat-screen TV, and much more.
- The hotel amenities: Guests can enjoy concierge service, high-speed Wi-Fi, three gourmet meals prepared by a professional chef, kayaks, paddle boards, boogie board rentals for the beach, a beach bar, round-the-clock service, and high-quality furnishings.
- The eco-friendly nature: The hosts are dedicated to making the treehouse environmentally friendly, as they provide bottled water for cooking and drinking, collect rainwater for washing and flushing, and encourage guests to conserve water and energy.
We had the most amazing time at this treehouse hotel and could hardly find fault with it. However, guests should note that this property is one of the priciest in Mexico and somewhat far from the main tourist attractions.
- Guests can enjoy fresh air, ocean views, and a private beach right from the hotel.
- The staff is friendly, responsive, and quick to resolve any issues.
- The treehouse is on a stunning white sand beach and close to three miles of jungle walking trails.
- Guests can arrange for private massages by a professional masseuse.
- The jungle is home to deer, spider monkeys, parrots, iguanas, and butterflies.
- The treehouse hotel location is far from the main tourist attractions in Mexico.
- The rentals are pricey, and there are additional charges for most services.
Overall, we had a wonderful time at the Casa Vela treehouse hotels, enjoying the nighttime starry sky from the balcony and private terrace, and incredible views and crystal clear waters of the ocean.
Jungle Eco Treehouse – Best Treehouse Glamping in Mexico
Source: airbnb.com Jungle Eco Treehouse
My boyfriend and I stayed at the Jungle Eco treehouse on our last trip to Mexico and immensely enjoyed living in this environmentally-friendly globe. This treehouse redefines glamping from its spacious domed interior with bay view windows, eco-friendly utilities, and a secluded location away from crowded tourist hubs in the Mayan jungle.
The rental has cozy indoor spaces with a large queen bed, a hammock and a seating area, a private bathroom, and a deck with comfortable outdoor seating. However, our favorite part was being within walking distance of three cenotes, ideal for taking a morning swim and lounging on the rock formations around them.
In addition, the treehouse is hosted by Beto and Karo, who are terrific hosts and ensure you have a comfortable stay.
So book the Jungle Eco treehouse for a unique glamping getaway, as it’s one of the best Mexico treehouse rentals. Here’s why:
- The amenities: Guests at this treehouse will enjoy sleeping in a comfortable king bed with a mosquito net, a high-speed fan, lounging in a hammock, a full breakfast every morning, organic bathroom products, and freshwater for showering and drinking.
- The spaces: The indoor space includes a bed, seating area, and toilet, whereas there’s a jungle shower outdoors, a terrace overlooking the forest with ample seating, and more.
- The outdoor activities: Guests can enjoy swimming in the nearby cenotes, trek on nearby hiking trails, spot monkeys, toucans, and native butterflies, try stargazing from the treehouse’s Less Light Polluted zone, and drive to nearby beaches.
However, guests should note that there is no cell service or Wi-Fi in or around the treehouse, which is great for disconnecting but can be inconvenient if you need to reach someone.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and well-furnished.
- The hosts are friendly and responsive.
- The location offers a glamping experience from its outdoor living areas.
- There is complete privacy in this forest location.
- You can enjoy the best of natural beauty Mexico has to offer from this treehouse.
- There is limited Wi-Fi and cell service in this treehouse.
So book the Jungle home for your next vacation, as it’s one of the best treehouses in Mexico.
What are the best Quintana Roo treehouse rentals in Mexico?
Most of Mexico’s top treehouses are in the Quintana Roo area, which offers panoramic views of the Mexican jungles, beaches, and nature. Among them, the Tulum tree house, the Jungle Eco treehouse, and the Casa Vela treehouse hotels are some of the best treehouses in Mexico. These rentals promise modern and rustic amenities, gorgeous locations, and a variety of natural views,
What are the best Mayan jungle treehouse rentals in Mexico?
If you’re looking for a treehouse rental nestled in Mexico’s Mayan jungle, book the Jungle Eco treehouse and the Casita Milagros. Both rentals promise a secluded glamping vacation among the trees, with great amenities, proximity to wildlife, lush vegetation, and Mexico’s best beaches, while having all the privacy you need.
What are the best Mexico treehouse hotels?
Mexico has beautiful treehouse hotels which offer a five-star living experience from their stunning locations, which are close to Mexico’s best attractions, the international airport, and downtown activities. So the best treehouse hotel in Mexico is the Casa Vela in Playa Del Carmen for families, the Treehouse Boutique hotel for couples, and the Mamasan Treehouse for budget-friendly accommodations. So book these gorgeous Mexico treehouse hotels for yourself and your loved ones as they guarantee a luxurious stay.
Winding Up The Best Mexico Treehouse Rentals
If you’re looking for a Mexico treehouse rental for your next vacation, look no further, as this article has the best recommendations for treehouse hotels, glamping rentals, boutique hotels, and adult-only treehouses.
Need a family-friendly treehouse hotel in Mexico? Book the Mamasan treehouses and the Casa Vela treehouse hotel.
Want a couple’s treehouse hotel in Mexico? Don’t miss the Treehouse Boutique hotels.
Looking for a secluded nature getaway in Mexico? Book the Jungle treehouse and the Casita Milagros.
The best Mexico treehouse rentals have something terrific for everyone!
Last Updated on December 11, 2023 by Brian