Welcome to the best-of-the-best treehouse rentals Washington has to offer!
My boyfriend and I spent the summer on the road, exploring treehouse rentals in Washington State. We looked for the best treehouses offering romantic getaways, secluded rentals, and ideal treehouses to spend time with friends and family.
We found treehouse vacation rentals with incredible views, great outdoor activities, modern amenities, and relaxing locations during our adventure.
To get ready for the trip, we consulted online reviews, sought out local recommendations, and settled on great rentals near the San Juan islands, Columbia River Gorge, the Cascade Mountain Range, and close city centers like Seattle.
Our goal was to find diverse rentals suitable to everyone’s needs, so we could help you save time and money and elevate the stress of uncertainty.
We based our list on location, nearby activities, views, amenities, and overall experience.
This list won’t waste your time! It’s the very best Washington state has to offer!
So let’s get started and find your ideal booking now!
Source: Airbnb.com The Klickitat treehouse
Emerald Forest Treehouse – Best Luxury Washington Treehouse Rentals – From Treehouse Masters
Source: vrbo.com Emerald Forest Treehouse from Treehouse Masters in Washington State
My boyfriend and I had a perfect romantic getaway at this studio treehouse constructed by Pete Nelson from Treehouse Masters. The cabin can accommodate up to four guests, but it was perfect for two. It’s a modern treehouse with rustic details on 30 acres of forest and a private nature preserve pond.
I loved that this tiny house had floor-to-ceiling windows that filled the space with natural light, an outdoor hot shower, a private hot tub, and a crow nest 40 feet in the air. There is a spacious outdoor deck, perfect for enjoying the surrounding forest, forest animals, and grilling.
This rental was our favorite romantic getaway location and tiny house for two because:
- Modern comforts: The property has air conditioning, Wi-Fi, a kitchenette, an outdoor hot shower, an outdoor hot tub, a wrap-around deck, and more.
- Location: It’s easy and relaxing to explore the 30-acre private forest, including a pond with beavers and other forest animals. Yet you are only ten minutes away from Redmond.
- The views: Nestled in a forest canopy filled with douglas fir trees, the floor-to-ceiling windows and outdoor deck offer incredible views in each direction.
This rental is a top Washington treehouse for couples, and we loved staying here. However, the hosts live on the property, right behind the cabin. We did not mind; it didn’t infringe on our privacy.
- Take a walk to the pond through a lush forest on the private property.
- Soak in the private hot tub location tucked away on the deck.
- Grill a perfect lunch on the spacious deck.
- Enjoy the complimentary breakfast in the privacy of your Treehouse.
- Read your favorite book next to the oversized windows.
- The hosts of the property live next door.
- The cabin is relatively small but large enough for two.
Romantic Wilderness Tree House – Best Treehouse Rentals in Washington with Private Hot Tub
Source: vrbo.com Tree House Tranquil-A-Tree, Washington State
This one-bedroom cozy cabin was perfect for my boyfriend and me. We loved the cabin’s rustic design and natural feeling, surrounded by old douglas fir trees and the Klickitat treehouse location. We had all the amenities: a full kitchen, a small living room area, a private bathroom, a spacious yard and deck, and an outdoor hot tub.
We saw a lot of wildlife around the property, including wild turkeys, squirrels, deer, and elk.
The rental is adjacent to the Columbia River National Scenic Area. We visited the White Salmon and Klickitat Rivers and did tons of kayaking, swimming, and even White Water Rafting. There were a couple of great hiking trails nearby. In the evenings, I loved soaking in the hot tub.
This rental was one of the top Washington tree houses for nature lovers. Here are three great reasons to book the property right away:
- The wildlife and outdoor activities: The Columbia River location with White Salmon and Klickitat Rivers just a few miles away was perfect for endless outdoor activities.
- Amenities: The property has an outdoor hot tub, a kitchen will all the amenities needed for cooking, a private bathroom, an outdoor eating area, and more.
- The nearby town: Klickitat and Glenwood, are a short drive away and have some great shopping, coffee shops, and restaurants to explore.
This cozy Treehouse is a great rental for couples or small families. We loved our stay. However, some of the furniture and appliances need to be updated and could be upgraded.
- Try White Water Rafting, only minutes away from the rental.
- Enjoy a romantic meal on the spacious deck surrounded by a forest canopy.
- Enjoy watching the animals wander the property during your morning coffee.
- Go for a birdwatching adventure or a hike.
- Soak in the private hot tub and enjoy the night sky.
- Though functional, some of the furniture needs to be updated and more comfortable.
The Klickitat Treehouse – Best Family Treehouse Hotels in Washington
Source: Airbnb.com The Klickitat treehouse, Washington State
This rental is our top pick for an Airbnb secluded treehouse in White Salmon near the Columbia River Gorge. It accommodates up to six people, but we spent time with our two best friends. The Airbnb treehouse is prompted on four Douglas fir trees and has a master bedroom and loft bedroom, a modern kitchen, and stunning floor-to-ceiling windows.
We loved the surrounding forest and Mount Adams’s view from the outdoor deck. Exploring the 15-acre property was also a lot of fun. I enjoyed the indoor and outdoor shower and outdoor fire pit. We also made good use of the propane grill.
This place is an excellent rental in Washington if you want to spend time with your favorite couple or a few family members. Here are more reasons you will love it:
Amenities: The modern Treehouse has all the accommodations needed for a comfortable stay, including a fully equipped kitchen, full bathroom, outdoor shower, private fire pit, spacious deck, propane grill, and more.
Outdoor activities: Within minutes, you can access hiking trails, lookouts, river activities, and more right on White Salmon near the Columbia River Gorge.
Comfort and cleanliness: The treehouse rental is impeccably clean, with modern appliances and comfortable living and kitchen space. The bathroom is luxurious, with a walk-in shower.
This rental was one of the top treehouse cottages we visited. However, there are multiple rental properties nearby that need better cell service. We had so much fun; we didn’t mind either.
- Spend time grilling and eating out on the deck while enjoying a forest and mountain view.
- Go for a hike in the nearby forest.
- Gather around the fire pit and roast marshmallows and hot dogs.
- Cool off in the outdoor shower.
- Prepare a romantic meal together in the fully equipped kitchen.
- The property needs better cell and internet service.
- There are multiple rentals nearby.
The Squirrel’s Nest Treehouse — Peaceful Treehouse Re Nestled in the Woods
Source: Airbnb.com The Squirrel’s Nest Treehouse, Washington State
The Squirrel’s Nest treehouse rental was ideal for us. The log cabin atmosphere was cozy, clean, and comfortable, with plenty of living space. We were surrounded by the woods and visited by many animals. I loved the outside swings and indoor electric fireplace.
We enjoyed several short trails off the property and a longer hike nearby. We were only 20 minutes away from downtown Seattle and took advantage of great restaurants and nightlife offered by the pacific northwest. Snoqualmie Falls was also a closeby attraction we enjoyed.
This place was one of our favorite treehouse rentals for couples. Check out three more reasons you should book it:
- Location: The cabin is perfect for outdoor activities like hiking and birdwatching. But it’s also close to Seattle for some big city shopping and restaurants.
- Log Cabin interior: The cozy cabin-style interior is made of logs and wood paneling, comfortable furniture, plenty of natural light, and even an electric fireplace.
- Host interaction: Mark and Michelle are great hosts that helped us find closeby activities. They even provided fresh coffee, tea, and hot chocolate.
My boyfriend and I picked this Treehouse as one of our favorite treehouse rentals because we loved the natural surroundings and vicinity of a big city. However, the tree house has a spiral staircase leading to the entrance, and it can be tricky. Also, there is no hot water.
- Enjoy your morning coffee off one of the two balconies while listening to the birds.
- Explore the short trails right off the property and observe the wildlife.
- Have a picnic at Snoqualmie Falls.
- Explore downtown Seattle for some fantastic shops and restaurants.
- Cuddle up with a good book on the comfortable cabin-like interior.
- There is no hot water or shower at the property.
- A spiral staircase leads to the entrance, which can be tricky, especially for kids.
The Treehouse – The Most Secluded Treehouse in the Mountains for couples
Source: Airbnb.com Secluded Treehouse in the Mountains of Washington State
My boyfriend and I loved this treehouse rental placed is right in the lush forest on a private 20-acre woods! The two-bed and half-bath tree house was perfect for the two of us but can accommodate a family of three, and they are pet-friendly. It’s one of the most peaceful treehouse options on our list.
We loved exploring the surrounding private forest full of tall pine trees, native plants, and wildlife. Most of our time was spent on the spacious outdoor deck BBQuing and enjoying the picnic table. There is also a wonderful wooden porch swing for relaxing.
There is an excellent Greek bakery within walking distance, which makes perfect breakfast and snacks.
We chose this as one of our top treehouse rentals because:
- Privacy: Located on 20 acres of private land, the tree house doesn’t have neighbors and is surrounded by a stunning Pine forest.
- Amenities: We loved the spacious deck, outdoor dining area, picnic table, porch swing, grill, and small but functional kitchen with an oven.
- One of the most romantic treehouse rentals: Being so secluded in your private forest, with cozy furniture and beautiful indoor and outdoor lighting, will bring out the romance. Just look at the stars from the spacious deck.
As one of the most secluded tree houses on the list, this property is peaceful and a great getaway. However, keep in mind there is no hot water and the toilet is outdoors.
- You can explore the woods in total peace, exploring plants, birds, and wildlife.
- Eat under the stars from the spacious picnic table and deck area.
- Light up the grill and spend the day listening to the forest surroundings.
- Rock on the porch swing while enjoying your favorite book.
- Bring your pets with you for an adventure.
- There is no hot water in the cabin.
- There is no shower, and the toilet is outdoors (but private).
Beachfront Treehouse – Perfect family rental in the Heart of Puget Sound
Source: vrbo.com Beachfront Treehouse in the Heart of Puget Sound
We invited some friends to stay with us at this beachfront tree house. Located near downtown Vashon Island and just a few miles from the ferry terminal to Seattle and the Olympic Peninsula, this property is one of the top treehouses you can rent in Washington for an island vacation.
The tree house is clean, comfortable, and full of natural light. There are several spacious deck areas, a large kitchen and living space, a luxury soaking tub in the bathroom, and an impeccable beach view.
The host provided kayaks, canoes, and bicycles upon request, and we had so much fun on the water. We also loved using the outdoor fire pit next to the water and grilling in the well-manicured yard.
This pacific northwest tree house is perfect for families and groups of friends. Here are more reasons to book now:
- Have an island adventure: Get lost in the island life, spending time at the beach and soaking up the sun.
- Invite friends to stay with you: There is a lovely space and comfort to invite family and friends to stay with you for part of your vacation.
- Enjoy all the outdoor activities: With endless water activities, an outdoor fire pit, a grill, and nearby hiking trails, you will always have something to do.
This Vashon island rental is one of the best tree houses for families and groups. However, during the summer, rental is for those who can stay longer, from a week to a month.
- Go kayaking and canoeing right off the property.
- Starwatch and have some laughs at the waterfront private fire pit.
- Relax in the comfortable soaking tub.
- Prepare a group meal to enjoy on the deck.
- Summer rentals are limited to a one-week minimum, which can be difficult due to vacation time.
Pond Perch Treehouse at Treehouse Junction – Most Secluded Treehouse
Source: Airbnb.co Pond Perch treehouse, Washington treehouse rentals
My boyfriend and I had a perfect romantic getaway at the Pond Perch treehouse. The cabin is a one-bedroom, half-bath with an indoor fireplace, bathroom, and many other comforts. The hosts are attentive and helpful and provide a continental breakfast and snacks like popcorn and marshmallows for the fire pit. The treehouse accommodation and host interaction were among the best we had.
The Airbnb treehouse is in a fantastic location, close to the North Cascade National Park, Mount Baker, the San Juan Islands, and the quaint town of Bellingham. We did many outdoor activities, including hiking trails, kayaking, boating, and even shopping and eating at small local restaurants.
In the evenings, we loved having a campfire on the dock and enjoying the star-filled sky.
For relaxing and naturally beautiful Treehouse sleeps, check out the Pond Perch treehouse. Here are a few more reasons to enjoy it:
- Location: Spend your time exploring the North Cascade National Park, Mount Baker, the San Juan Islands, and Whidbey Island, all just a short drive away. For city adventures, visit Seattle or the smaller city of Bellingham.
- Amenities: The hosts provide a continental breakfast, snacks, and coffee. There is also a gas fireplace, fire pit, spacious deck and yard, and an incredible balcony view of the pond.
- Pond and waterfall on the property: Exploring in the yard is so much fun. Having a picnic by the creek and waterfall is priceless.
It was hard to find fault with this excellent tree house rental. However, there is a long trail to get to the house from the parking, so be prepared. I would have also preferred to have a washing machine.
- Gather around the fire pit for some fun under the night sky.
- Read your favorite book next to the fireplace.
- Go for a forest hike in the North Cascade National Park.
- Spend some quiet time next to the creek and waterfall.
- There is no washer or dryer available.
- The trail to the property is long, and it is challenging to bring all your supplies, so pack light.
Winding Up: The Best Treehouse Rentals in Washington State
Washington State is known for its endless natural beauty. That’s why the treehouse vacation rentals in the state are some of the best for nature lovers in the country.
Whether you are looking for a cozy and secluded getaway, a tree house for your friends, or a relaxing family cabin, the state offers unique treehouse rentals.
We have done our research and discovered the state, and that’s why we guarantee our list offers only the best Washington tree houses.
Make sure to review our list carefully because your ideal rental is here!
What accommodations do Washington treehouse rentals have?
Most tree house rentals in Washington offer comfortable bedrooms, living room and dining areas, outdoor yards, decks, and fully functional kitchens and bathrooms. Other bonus accommodations in some rentals include outdoor showers, hot tubs, fire pits, fireplaces, and beachfront views. Many rentals even have hiking trails on their private property or within walking distance.
What are the most romantic treehouse rentals in Washington State?
The Emerald Forest Treehouse is luxurious and perfect for romance and honeymoon getaways. This tree house is a modern rental with rustic details on 30 acres of forest and a private nature preserve pond. It has excellent comforts like a hot water outdoor shower and a private hot tub.
Another great option is the Romantic Wilderness Tree House. The treehouse is surrounded by old douglas fir trees and offers plenty of privacy. They offer many amenities, including a full kitchen, a small living room area, a private bathroom, a spacious yard and deck, and an outdoor hot tub. It’s a nature lovers’ destination with closeby trails and the Columbia River National Scenic Area.
What’s the best Airbnb treehouse rental in Washington State?
The best Airbnb treehouse for small groups and families is The Klickitat Treehouse. The property provides the perfect Treehouse that sleeps up to six people and has both a master and loft bedroom. Other amenities include a grill, fire pit, outdoor shower, and beautiful forest views.
For couples, the best Airbnb Treehouse is The Squirrel’s Nest Treehouse, with a cozy log cabin atmosphere and peaceful surroundings. The property is only 20 minutes from downtown Seattle for great restaurants, coffee shops, and shopping opportunities.
What is a good treehouse rental close to the Alpine Lakes Wilderness Trailhead?
The Hansel Creek Tree House is within walking distance of the Alpine Lakes Wilderness trail. The tree house sleeps up to 4 guests but is perfect for a couple. The property sits on about 150 acres of dense forest and pine trees. It is a short drive from Leavenworth village, which has excellent restaurants, bars, and shops.
Last Updated on October 27, 2023 by Brian