Welcome to your best guide to San Antonio treehouse rentals!
My boyfriend and I love the relaxing vibe of San Antonio, so we spent the last two weeks on the road in and around the area, searching for the best treehouse rentals for a relaxing getaway.
So we consulted a ton of online reviews, took recommendations from locals, and roughed it out by spending a few days in each rental.
We came across places directly on the Guadalupe river, near downtown San Antonio, New Braunfels, and Lake Travis, which had the best amenities, views, and hosts.
So after much back and forth we finally narrowed it down to the top four tree house rentals in San Antonio, ranked on their facilities, hosts, locations, and overall value.
Our goal with this article is to help you save time and money in choosing the best treehouse cabins, treehouse hotels, and homes by sharing our personal experiences.
Warning: One look at these gorgeous rentals might prevent you from ever wanting to return home!
Let’s see the beautiful San Antonio treehouses!
Canyon Lake Tree House – Best San Antonio Treehouse for Families
Source: vrbo.com Canyon Lake Tree House – Best San Antonio treehouse on the Guadalupe River
My boyfriend and I are returning guests at the Canyon Lake tree house, as it’s one of our favorite San Antonio rentals. The gorgeous treehouse has an ideal location, perched on a hill overlooking the lake and minutes from a boat launch and the Guadalupe river.
The treehouse features stylish 1970s-inspired interiors, a spacious living area with a fireplace, and floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking a spacious deck. We particularly enjoyed cooking meals in the newly-remodeled kitchen and enjoying sunset views and morning coffees on the beautiful deck.
In addition, our host, Brian, was amazing and ensured we had everything we needed for a smooth stay.
So book this treehouse for a getaway with family and friends, as it’s the best San Antonio treehouse. Here’s why:
- The amenities: The treehouse has a king-size bed in the master bedroom, two twin beds in the living room, a fully equipped kitchen, a full bathroom, a fireplace in the living room, comfortable outdoor furniture, a tree swing on the deck, a gas grill, and much more.
- The spaces: The treehouse has beautiful spaces, such as the living area with large windows overlooking the trees, Canyon Lake, a cozy reading nook, outdoor dining arrangements, a tree swing on the deck, and more.
- The water activities: Guests can access the boat launch in front of the treehouse and try swimming, boating, fishing, and inner tubing on the Guadalupe river.
Our time at this treehouse was perfect, and we could hardly find any fault with our stay. However, the treehouse is accessible via steep stone steps that go uphill, so it’s not ideal for younger children or people with mobility issues.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- The host is friendly and responsive.
- Guests can enjoy water views from the deck and windows in the treehouse.
- There are lots of water activities to try on the Guadalupe river.
- The house offers a peaceful environment away from the city noise and crowded neighborhoods.
- There are natural stone steps leading to the treehouse that are difficult to climb.
Overall, this tree house promises the perfect treehouse getaway for small groups in the San Antonio area.
Arbor House of Dripping Springs Finch House – Best Treehouse Hotel in San Antonio
Source: booking.com Arbor House of Dripping Springs Finch House – Best Tree House Rentals San Antonio
My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Finch House in the Arbor House treehouses and had a fantastic time. These quirky tree top cabins are part of the Dripping Springs collection of tree house hotels, and offer a secluded treetop getaway, away from the noise and crowds of the city, with terrific communal facilities.
The treehouse has a bird inspired decor, and offers open-concept living which can accommodate four people, with comfortable seating, a full kitchen, and a dining area. Our favorite parts were the outdoor spaces with deck chairs, a porch swing under the treehouse, and views of a koi pond, waterfall, and stream.
So book the Arbor House for your next weekend getaway to San Antonio, as it’s the best luxury treehouse hotel. Here’s why:
- The comfort and convenience: The treehouse offers all the amenities you’ll need for a relaxing stay, such as comfortable seating and bedding, a dining area, a flat-screen TV, a kitchenette with a microwave, a toaster oven, a hot plate, and necessary plates and utensils, and Wi-Fi.
- The communal facilities: Guests can enjoy communal facilities like picnic tables and chairs, a screened-in gazebo, a fire pit, a koi pond, a waterfall, a stream, outdoor games, grills, and more.
- The nearby activities: Guests can enjoy the locations near Dripping Springs, such as the swimming pool at Hamilton Pool Reserve, nearby ranches and state parks for hiking, waterfalls and swimming, wineries, and much more.
We had a peaceful time at this treehouse and found no issues with it. However, the remote location makes it difficult to access Wi-Fi, which can be a problem when you’re living so far from the city.
- The treehouse is tidy, well-maintained, and stocked with the essentials.
- The hosts are responsive and attentive throughout your stay.
- There are many fun communal facilities near your treehouse where you can interact with other guests.
- Guests are a short drive away from state parks, ranches, wineries and farms.
- The treehouse offers a peaceful and secluded environment.
- There are weak Wi-Fi signals in and around the treehouse.
- There’s no hot water in the shower and low water pressure.
Overall, we had a terrific time at the Arbor House treehouse hotels, and we recommend it to families and small groups looking for a remote hideaway in San Antonio.
Adventure Awaits: Uncover the eclectic vibes of treehouse rentals in Austin, soak up the charm of treehouse cabins in New Braunfels, and immerse yourself in the natural beauty of treehouses in the Texas Hill Country.
Lake Travis Treehouse – Best Waterfront Treehouse Rentals in Texas Hill Country
Source: vrbo.com Lake Travis Treehouse – Best Texas hill country sleeps
Folks looking for the best treehouses in the Texas Hill Country should head to the Lakeway community, which has a luxury treehouse hotel nestled in trees facing Lake Travis. My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the tree house on Lake Travis and had an amazing time, as it has a secluded location, terrific amenities, and stunning views.
The rental has a unique decagonal design, with vaulted ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows, wood floors, and a spacious wraparound deck overlooking the lake. We loved the gorgeous interiors, especially the granite peninsula in the kitchen, which doubled as a cooking and entertaining space.
Our host was Nadia, an amazing and even better host, and she ensured we were comfortable throughout our stay.
So book the Lake Travis treehouse, as it’s a terrific San Antonio treehouse rental. Here’s why:
- The outdoor spaces: Outside the treehouse, guests can access a secluded space covered by a rock wall, with a private hot tub, a swimming pool, lounging chairs, and a BBQ grill.
- The attention to detail: The owners have ensured the treehouse doubles as a special space, with two comfortable bedrooms fitted with high-quality linens, a spa bathroom, a gas fireplace in the living area, a fully-equipped kitchen, a hotel-like finishes.
- The location: From the deck and windows, guests can enjoy stunning views of the surrounding trees, Lake Travis, and the nearby Marina while being completely secluded from other rentals nearby.
The only negative to staying at this treehouse is the remote location, which is far from the airport, most towns, and outdoor activities.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and well-stocked.
- The host is friendly and responsive.
- Guests can relax in the outdoor areas with a hot tub and swimming pool and cook meals on the grill.
- The Marina is steps away from the treehouse.
- The treehouse has amenities that resemble a luxury treehouse hotel.
- The treehouse has a remote location, far from most towns and outdoor activities.
Overall, the Lake Travis treehouse is a terrific rental if you want a romantic getaway, a family trip, or a secluded retreat in San Antonio.
Zen Treehouse – Best Airbnb Treehouse Rentals in Texas
Source: airbnb.com Zen Treehouse near downtown San Antonio – Best Texas Treehouse Airbnb
Guests looking for a unique tree house rental in San Antonio should head to the Zen Treehouse, which is one of our favorites. The treehouse has a convenient location in downtown San Antonio, minutes from terrific restaurants, public transport, and historic neighborhoods.
The treehouse has cozy interiors, including a loft bedroom, a living room, a kitchenette, and a full bathroom, which comfortably accommodates two people. We also liked having a secluded place despite being so close to town, so there was never any interruption in the peaceful surroundings.
In addition, the host, Elisabeth, ensured we had the best time here with her generous hospitality and quick communication.
So book the Zen treehouse for a comfortable stay near downtown San Antonio, as it’s one of the best treehouse rentals. Here’s why:
- The location: Guests are a short distance from San Antonio’s best restaurants, and coffee shops, the Alta Vista neighborhood, which has great walking and biking trails, and nearby parks.
- The amenities: The treehouse is fitted with all the essential amenities you’ll need, such as a kitchen with basic cooking utensils, a TV and comfortable couch in the living room, heated bathroom floors, a great bedroom, and more.
- The comfort and convenience: The treehouse optimizes guest comfort with well-insulated and well-lit interiors from the many windows, a secluded back yard to enjoy your morning coffees, a dining area, and many storage spaces.
The only small problem we faced during our stay was the inflatable air mattress in the bedroom, which was stiff and difficult to sleep on. However, this isn’t a deal breaker as some people prefer firmer mattresses.
- The treehouse is clean, airy, and comfortable.
- The host is friendly and attentive.
- There are many quiet places to enjoy time to yourself in the treehouse.
- The rental is close to all downtown San Antonio has to offer.
- The quiet surroundings guarantee a relaxing stay.
- The air mattress isn’t very comfortable to sleep on.
- There are metal spiral stairs and cable railings in the treehouse, which are unsafe for small children.
Overall, this is a terrific rental for couples and solo travelers and one of the best treehouse cabins in San Antonio.
Should I stay in the Las Palmas Tree Haus?
The Las Palmas Tree Haus is part of the New Braunfels treehouses and the best Texas treehouse rental for large groups needing modern treetop accommodation. The treehouse offers views of the Guadalupe river and has high-quality amenities, a hot tub, a fire pit, and many community spaces to enjoy.
What’s the benefit of staying at the Laguna Vista Tree Haus?
Another terrific New Braunfels sleeps is the Laguna Vista Tree Haus, which is ideal for families and small groups. The treehouse has spacious interiors, a wraparound deck with water views, a great host, and proximity to many fun outdoor activities.
What are some good country style resorts in Texas hill country?
The best Texas Hill Country sleeps can be found in San Antonio, which has a treehouse resort community in New Braunfels, treehouse hotels facing Lake Travis, and many more luxury accommodations. These tree house rentals have spacious interiors, modern amenities, and the best views, so you’re guaranteed the best stay.
Is the Goat ranch treehouse location good for couples?
If you’re looking for the best Fredericksburg treehouse, book the Goat Ranch tree house rental, which is built around one of many amazing trees on the farmland, has gorgeous views, a cozy reading nook, a private hot tub, and much more for small groups to enjoy.
What are some good treehouse cabins in San Antonio?
The best treehouse cabins in San Antonio are in the Dripping Springs collection of rentals and consist of treehouse hotel-style stays. The rentals share communal facilities like a fire pit, gazebo, and seating areas and have modern interiors, which are great for a glamping getaway.
Winding Up The Best Treehouse Rentals San Antonio
The best Texas treehouses in San Antonio promise the best locations away from the crowded city, with stunning waterfront views and all the modern amenities you’re used to.
So you can find amazing tree house rentals for yourself and loved ones, which guarantee a terrific stay from the details mentioned in this article.
Looking for a tree house rental for families in San Antonio? Book the Canyon Lake treehouse cabins.
Need a unique tree house rental in San Antonio? Don’t miss the Zen tree house.
Want luxury treehouse hotels in San Antonio? Book the Dripping Springs tree house and the Lake Travis tree house.
The best San Antonio tree house rentals have something for everyone!
Last Updated on February 5, 2024 by Brian