Welcome to our detailed guide to the top treehouse rentals in Texas for 2024!
My boyfriend and I spent weeks exploring Texas’s best treehouses. We explored major cities like Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, El Paso, and Fort Worth, as well as stunning natural areas.
Our search for the finest treehouses involved extensive research. We read numerous online reviews and consulted with locals and travel experts. But the most crucial part? We personally stayed in these treehouses to truly understand their offerings.
Our aim is to help you easily find the perfect treehouse rental in Texas, one that aligns with your style, needs, and budget. We’ve handpicked the top treehouses, focusing on their features, comfort, locations, and overall value.
Whether you’re in the mood for a romantic getaway, a family adventure, a luxurious stay, or an eco-friendly escape, we’ve got a range of options. Our selections include treehouses with breathtaking views, nestled by lakes, hidden in forests, and some offering the epitome of luxury.
Let’s begin exploring the best treehouse rentals Texas has to offer in 2024!
The Pecan Tree House – Great for Couples Seeking a Romantic Austin TX Getaway
My boyfriend and I recently spent a weekend at the Pecan Tree House in Austin, and it was such an incredible experience. The treehouse is a ‘holiday home’ that’s conveniently located close to the University of Texas, and downtown Austin, so guests have easy access to the city. In addition, our hosts Andrew and his wife were terrific and had set up the treehouse to include many small touches that made it feel like home.
The gorgeous treehouse gets its name from the 100-year-old pecan tree in the garden, which towers over the charming 1930s bungalow. We loved the house’s beautiful decor, like its historic wooden flooring, garden views, and a small but private terrace which was the perfect spot to enjoy a book or watch the sunset.
Since we had such a relaxing time in the Pecan Tree House, my boyfriend and I consider it the best treehouse in Texas. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The convenient setup: The treehouse resembles a real home, with many small homely touches like great coffee and tea, ice-cold filtered water, and wine for the kitchen, plus labeled remotes, heated towel racks and toilet seats, and much more.
- The location: The treehouse is only a $10 Uber from downtown Austin, with great attractions nearby like the Texas Memorial Stadium, Lyndon B Johnson Presidential Library and Lyndon Baines Johnson Museum, and many hiking trails as well.
- The hosts: The great couple hosting the treehouse is very responsive, communicates well and ensures your stay is comfortable. They also leave small notes to explain how certain things around the house work, which makes navigating the house easy.
My boyfriend and I loved our time at the Pecan Tree House and can hardly find any fault with it. However, if you’re someone seeking privacy, it’s important to note that the host couple lives in the main house in the front.
- The house is very clean, well-furnished, and spacious.
- There are terrific amenities like great air conditioning and heating, a bidet, and a raisable bed that’s very comfortable.
- There’s public transportation near the house, and most places are within walking distance.
- The treehouse uses eco-friendly products and has a good recycling system.
- You’ll enjoy free Wi-Fi, private parking, and a private garden with barbeque facilities.
- The owners live close by in the main house (which is separate, so you might not encounter them.)
Overall, we enjoyed the homely feeling, great location, and facilities at the Pecan Tree House, and we recommend it to families and couples for a great weekend getaway.
Canyon Lake Treehouse – Best Family-Friendly Hideout with Panoramic Lake Travis Views
My boyfriend and I were in search of a treehouse with excellent views and were lucky enough to find the Canyon Lake Treehouse. Recommended by a local, this treehouse is a terrific place to get away from the city and enjoy a peaceful holiday with your family and friends. In addition, our host Brian was amazing and ensured our stay was comfortable and relaxing.
The treehouse is a 60s-style bungalow with an interior matching the era and gorgeous views as it’s perched on a hillside overlooking the beautiful Canyon Lake. Our favorite part of the treehouse was the outdoor deck, which is great for BBQs, enjoying the sunset from the tree swing, and even watching deer go by below.
The privacy and quiet surroundings of the Canyon Lake treehouse make it one of the best treehouses in Texas, and here’s why you’ll agree:
- The water activities: There’s a boat launch directly across the treehouse, and inner tubing on the Guadalupe river a few minutes away, so you can enjoy swimming and boating here.
- The peaceful views: The treehouse offers stunning views of Canyon Lake from the deck and is situated far from crowded hubs, so you’ll enjoy the tranquility.
- The nearby wildlife: There are deer roaming the grounds, which come right to the patio, and guests are allowed to feed them.
The one negative about this treehouse is the walk to the entrance, which involves climbing stone steps uphill, and can be tiresome for people with mobility issues. However, since we were both in shape, this was no problem for us.
- The house has well-furnished living spaces with all the necessary facilities.
- There’s a fully functional fireplace which is great for staying warm in the winter.
- The hosts have worked hard to make the treehouse homely with attention to detail, such as a coffee bar and fully-equipped kitchen.
- The treehouse houses four people comfortably and offers great value for money.
- There are grocery stores and small restaurants nearby.
- The stairs leading to the treehouse can be challenging to climb.
To sum up, the Canyon Lake treehouse is an incredible location to stay for a relaxing time away, and you should definitely book it if you want to enjoy lakeside views.
Treehouse Hideout on Lake Conroe – Rustic Getaway in Texas with Hot Tub Amenities
We were searching for a secluded treehouse in the woods and came across the Treehouse Hideout on Lake Conroe in Montgomery. This is a fantastic place to spend a relaxing few days surrounded by nature, as the nearest public places are 10+ km away. The hosts have also left the treehouse in great shape and stocked with supplies, so you won’t fall short on any facility here.
We loved staying in this treehouse which is surrounded by the forest on all sides, and you can enjoy forest views from the wraparound deck. The interior is just as gorgeous, with two spacious bedrooms, a fully-equipped kitchen, and a cozy living room. My boyfriend especially loved how close the house was to Lake Conroe, so we would go boating from the boat ramp.
So if you want to experience the natural beauty of Texas from the woods, head to the Treehouse Hideout on Lake Conroe. The peaceful location and beautiful place make it one of the best treehouses in Texas, and here’s why you’ll agree:
- The location: The treehouse is surrounded by enormous pine trees and a creek, and there are deer roaming the grounds.
- The outdoor facilities: You can have a BBQ on the grill, enjoy a meal on the outdoor furniture, or light up the fire pit to roast marshmallows.
- The comfortable living spaces: The treehouse has a cozy atmosphere with its cozy rooms, spacious kitchen and living room, and outdoor patio.
One negative about this treehouse is the remote location that makes it far from grocery stores and restaurants, so you have to come fully prepared or make a long trip back. However, the hosts informed us of this beforehand, so we didn’t face any problems.
- The house is very clean, comfortable, and well-maintained.
- There are neighborhood parks nearby where guests can go fishing.
- Despite the far-off location, there’s good Wi-Fi and cell reception.
- People can also bring their boats and use the neighborhood boat ramp.
- The location is ideal for families and small groups, as it houses 4-5 people.
- The nearest grocery stores and restaurants are somewhat far-off.
- The mattresses were not very comfortable and hard to sleep on.
So make sure to check out the Treehouse Hideout on Lake Conroe for a relaxing vacation in the woods.
Hobbit’s Nest Treehouse – Unique Luxury Retreat in Texas Hill Country
If you’re a fan of Tolkien (much like my boyfriend), you’ll love staying at the Hobbit’s Nest in the Lost Pines Forest. We had a fantastic time in this treehouse, which resembles a fairytale-like cottage, nestled high above in the trees and made entirely of wood.
The treehouse offers a great glamping experience, with its many rustic facilities like an outdoor shower and bathroom separate from the main house and even an outdoor fire pit. We especially loved the terrace and walkway leading to the house, which offers beautiful views of the surrounding forest, especially at sunset.
In addition, our host, Jim, was very friendly and easy to communicate with, as he lives close by on the property.
So for a rustic glamping experience and authentic treehouse living, make sure to book a few days at the Hobbit’s Nest, which is one of the best treehouses in Texas. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The outdoor activities: You can explore the 42-acre property owned by the hosts, go hiking, observe wildlife on nearby trails, and visit the small pond with lily pads and frogs.
- The amenities: The treehouse is equipped with all necessary facilities, like a fully functional kitchen, heating, and air conditioning, warm water in the outdoor shower, and even a portable camping sink for washing up.
- The town life: The treehouse is close to Bastrop State Park’s hiking trails, plus swimming and kayaking opportunities on the Colorado River. You can also access the town restaurants, many antique stores, the Round Top antique fair, and the Sherwood Forest Faire.
The treehouse itself is terrific, so you won’t face any problems here. However, the grounds are known to house scorpions and snakes, so families with children should be cautious.
- You’ll enjoy a real treehouse living experience from the rustic home and its all-wood look.
- The hosts are great and have put a lot of care and attention into making the home comfortable.
- The outdoor shower is clean and has good water pressure, which guests will enjoy using.
- The surrounding forest offers serene sounds, with no one around for miles.
- Larger groups can rent out the two other short-term rental houses in the Shire at Lost Pines.
- You have to be on the lookout for snakes and scorpions on your trip (which are less common in winter.)
- The hosts’ home and two other rental homes are usually occupied on the treehouse grounds, so you won’t have complete privacy.
Overall, the Hobbit’s Nest is an incredible treehouse to rent for your family or with friends, as it guarantees a rustic getaway in the woods.
Lakefront Treehouse – Ideal Family Stay in Texas with Scenic Lake Views
My boyfriend and I are returning guests at the Lakefront Treehouse near Lake Livingston, once on our own and once with the family, as it’s an incredible place for a family vacation. Although it’s not strictly a treehouse, the cabin-like retreat is as close as it gets, propped high with incredible views of the nearby lake and hidden from the nearest town for miles.
The beautiful house is designed for large groups with two beautiful bedrooms and bathrooms, a spacious living room and kitchen, and a large outdoor deck that looks out to the lake. Our favorite part of staying here was taking in lake views from the hammock on the deck, which is a cozy and relaxing experience.
In addition, the host couple was terrific and made sure our stay was comfortable. Whenever we had a question, Cherise was very responsive and always easy to contact.
The location, fantastic living spaces, and views made the Lakefront Treehouse our favorite. Here’s why it’s one of the best treehouses in Texas:
- The attention to detail: The owners have put a lot of thought into making the home comfortable, with board games and SmartTV for larger groups and kids, wine glasses and a coffee station in the master bedroom for couples, and a private deck with a cozy hammock.
- The lake nearby: The house’s deck has a walkway leading to the lake, so guests can jump in for a swim or try fishing from the dock. The area has abundant catfish, and Lake Livingston is known for all kinds of fish, like white bass, crappie, striper, and black bass galore.
- The peaceful environment: The treehouse is at the end of a street, with no neighbors nearby, and miles from the nearest town, so it’s always quiet and peaceful here.
Our stay here was terrific, and we can’t find anything negative to say about it. However, previous guests have complained about cleanliness being an issue. So if you encounter any unclean spaces, let the hosts know, and they’ll have them cleaned right away.
- The house is very comfortable, fully furnished, and in a peaceful location.
- The house is stocked with all modern-day amenities, such as a fully-equipped kitchen and bathrooms and good heating and air conditioning.
- The deck is enclosed with a gate, so your children will be safe in exploring the outdoor areas.
- The boathouse on the dock has a fish cleaning station, electricity, and running water, so you can clean your catch here.
- The treehouse has high-speed internet and great cell connectivity.
- The house has recurring guests, so it might not be very clean.
- You’ll be 21 miles from Huntsville, which has plenty of chain stores and restaurants, and 8 miles from the nearest grocery store.
Overall, my boyfriend and I had an incredible time at the Lakefront Treehouse, and we highly recommend it to people looking for a family vacation spot.
Treehouse Bungalow on Lake Travis – Luxury Waterfront Views Near Austin, Texas
My boyfriend and I love staying at modern treehouses, and with the Treehouse Bungalow on Lakeway, we could experience just that. This gorgeous holiday home is located steps from Lake Travis and features all modern-day facilities that make you feel like you’re staying at home – with incredible waterfront views, of course!
The interior of the treehouse is gorgeous, complete with fully-furnished bedrooms, a spacious living room, and an outdoor deck with beautiful lake views. However, the real winner for us at this treehouse was the private pool and hot tub, which is located in a secluded spot on the treehouse next to a rock wall. This spot was terrific for tanning on the lounge chairs and cooling off with a dip in the pool.
So if you’re looking for a treehouse abode that guarantees the luxuries of a resort, visit the Treehouse Bungalow on Lake Travis. Here’s why we consider it one of the best treehouses in Texas:
- The facilities: The treehouse has great facilities like an outdoor BBQ, a flat-screen TV, good internet connectivity, air conditioning, fully-furnished bedrooms, and kitchen appliances.
- The views: From the treehouse, you’ll enjoy views of Lake Travis and the surrounding greenery from the large windows and the spacious outdoor deck.
- The pool and hot tub: Whether you visit in summer or winter, the pool and hot tub tucked away below the treehouse offer a great time in the water on an open-air patio with outdoor furniture.
However, one negative about the treehouse was that it’s 10-20 km from the nearest airports, towns, and convention centers, so you’ll need to make a long trip back if you forget anything.
- The treehouse is very clean, minimal, and well-furnished.
- The kitchen is fitted with all the necessary appliances, which makes cooking a breeze.
- There’s an outdoor dining area on the balcony.
- The lakeside views are incredible, which you can see from every window on the house.
- The treehouse is ideal for small groups and couples.
- The treehouse is far from most locations.
All in all, the Treehouse Bungalow on Lake Travis is an incredible play to stay for your next vacation, as it promises great facilities, stunning views, and a peaceful environment.
Log Cabin Treehouse on The Colorado River – Charm with Riverfront Serenity
Last summer, my boyfriend and I stayed at the Log Cabin Treehouse on a local’s recommendation and had an amazing time. The treehouse is conveniently located close to the small town of Bastrop and has the Colorado River running through its backyard!
We loved staying at the treehouse, nestled high among the trees, and has a beautiful wraparound deck for taking in views of the river. Since the house is on a spacious property, guests will love going fishing and kayaking from the private dock, golfing on the grounds, and taking day trips to the historic Bastrop town nearby with its many antique stores.
In addition, our hosts, Steve and Linda, were terrific and responded to our queries and issues very well.
So make sure to book the Log Cabin Treehouse for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of living on the river and enjoying serene views. Here’s why we consider it one of the best treehouses in Texas:
- The attention to detail: Linda and Steve have prepared the treehouse to fit everyone’s needs, including a living room with a vaulted ceiling, a family hammock, a fully-equipped kitchen, bathrooms with walk-in stone and glass tiled shower, a ping pong table, picnic table and porch swing on the downstairs patio, and a private dock for fishing and kayaking.
- The activities downtown: Bastrop is known as the ‘most historic small town in Texas,’ with lots of antique shops, great restaurants, live music in the evenings, an abundance of parks, excellent golf courses, bike and kayak rentals, live theater at the Bastrop Opera House and gorgeous historic homes.
- The closeness to nature: The treehouse is nestled high among Pecan, Sycamore, Mimosa, and Redbud trees. Plus, the view from the upper deck is great for bird-watching, as you can spot red-tailed hawks making nests during the day and even hear owls at night.
The only negative about coming here is the road leading to the treehouse, which is rough and difficult to drive on. However, the owners let us know about this beforehand, so we prepared accordingly.
- The treehouse is in an ideal location, close to nature and a short drive from the town.
- The house is very clean, well-furnished, and fitted with all the necessary appliances.
- The hosts are super friendly and make sure your stay is comfortable.
- There’s a gas grill outside, which is great for having a BBQ.
- You can go golfing, kayaking, bicycling, shopping, fishing, enjoy a live theater, shop in antique shops, and visit local farmer’s markets.
- The road leading to the house can be rough to drive on.
- There might be insects at night some times of the year (so keep mosquito repellant on hand.)
Overall, our time at the Log Cabin Treehouse was incredible, and we highly recommend it to people looking for a vacation spot close to nature.
The Tree House – Premier Airbnb Treehouse Experience in Austin, Texas
Last winter, my boyfriend and I stayed at The Tree House, and our trip was incredible. The treehouse cabin is nestled in the woods among tall oak and pine trees in the Cora’s Cabin Complex and is close to the town of Tyler.
The Tree House is perfect for a romantic couple’s getaway, as it’s a small one-bedroom cabin and has beautiful living spaces. We especially loved the porch with rocking chairs, which is great for taking in views of the forest and enjoying some solitude. In addition, the fire pit is the crowning feature of this treehouse, where you can roast s’mores and get cozy in the winter.
In addition, the hosts, Harlan and Lindsay, are terrific and make sure you feel comfortable throughout the stay.
The secluded nature and beautiful furnishings make The Tree House ideal for couples and solo travelers. Here’s why it’s one of the best treehouses in Texas:
- The ground floor space: The treehouse has a spacious ground floor which is open-plan, great for having a BBQ on the grill and lighting the fire pit.
- The outdoor activities: You can go hiking, take in lake views in Tyler State Park nearby, or enjoy dinner and live music in town.
- The amenities: The rustic treehouse has all the necessary facilities in its fully-furnished bedroom and bathroom, good heating, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
The only negative to staying here was that the house isn’t always clean, especially if previous guests have used the ground-floor fire pit and not cleaned up afterward.
- The treehouse has a great location, so guests can enjoy the peace of the quiet woods.
- Guests are offered a tour of the ranch on arrival, which is a beautiful part of the location.
- You can enjoy outdoor activities like hiking or taking a nature walk in Tyler State Park.
- The location is ideal for remote workers as it offers longer stays.
- There’s an indoor fireplace for guest use and good air conditioning.
- Due to frequent rentals, the treehouse may not always be cleaned out.
Overall, my boyfriend and I enjoyed a romantic weekend getaway at The Tree House, and we recommend it to couples looking for a secluded place for a special occasion.
How can I stay at a treehouse in Texas with a zipline?
Guests looking for some adventure on their treehouse vacation should book a visit with the Cypress Valley Canopy Tours, an aerial resort located 30 miles west of downtown Austin in Spicewood, Texas. They offer a wide range of activities like canopy tours, canopy walks, ziplining, and overnight treehouse stays for guests.
What’s the best treehouse in Texas Hill Country?
Hill Country in Texas covers the west of Austin and north of San Antonio and has terrific treehouses. You can rent the Cypress Valley treehouses, the Spicewood treehouse, and the Lake Travis treehouses here, which are some of the best in the Texas Hill Country.
Should I stay in a treehouse in Texas or cabins?
If you want to have a glamping experience among the Texan woods, we recommend staying in a treehouse, which usually has outdoor showers to complete the rustic experience. However, if you’re with younger children and staying in colder weather, cabins are the way to go.
What’s the benefit of staying in a treehouse in Texas near Lumberton?
There are some great treehouses near Lumberton in Texas, such as the Naturalist Boudoir, which is surrounded by 100 acres of Texan forests and offers great hiking areas and clean creeks. So you’ll enjoy being one with nature from the treehouses near Lumberton.
What’s the best treehouse in Texas on Vrbo?
If you’re looking for the best treehouse rentals in Texas, make sure to check out Vrbo.com, which has tons of great places. For example, we’ve rented out the Canyon Lake treehouse, the Hobbit’s Nest, and the Log Cabin treehouse from Vrbo, which are all terrific places to stay in Texas.
What Are the Best Luxury Treehouse Rentals in Texas?
For those seeking luxury treehouse rentals in Texas, the prime choices include properties in Austin, Lake Travis, and the Hill Country region. These luxurious treehouses often feature modern amenities, hot tubs, and breathtaking views, combining comfort with a unique treetop experience. Notable mentions are the Treehouse Bungalow on Lake Travis and the upscale treehouses in the Cypress Valley, known for their elegance and tranquil surroundings.
Are There Family-Friendly Treehouse Rentals in Texas?
Yes, Texas offers several family-friendly treehouse rentals, perfect for a memorable vacation. Key destinations include treehouses near Fredericksburg, TX, and in the Austin area. These treehouses often come with amenities suitable for all ages, such as spacious living areas, outdoor activities, and close proximity to local attractions. The Lakefront Treehouse near Lake Livingston and the Log Cabin Treehouse on the Colorado River are excellent choices for families.
Can I Find Affordable Treehouse Rentals in Texas on Airbnb?
Finding affordable treehouse rentals in Texas on Airbnb is definitely possible. These rentals provide a unique and budget-friendly way to experience the beauty of Texas, from the Hill Country to areas near San Antonio and Austin, TX. While amenities may vary, these treehouses offer a cozy and authentic stay, often with access to outdoor activities and natural attractions. Airbnb listings often include a range of options to suit different budgets and preferences.
Winding Up: The Best Treehouse Getaways in Texas
If you’re looking for a place to have a secluded vacation in the US, and get away from your busy schedules, make sure to visit Texas. That’s because this huge state has tons of great places to spend a quiet weekend in the woods and overlooking lakes and rivers.
You can find cabins and cottages in the woods to spend a relaxing few days, but we find that treehouses in Texas offer the best value for money and come fully furnished with great amenities.
So make sure to check out the treehouses mentioned in this article for your next weekend getaway to Texas.
Looking for the best treehouse in Texas for families? Head to the Lakefront Treehouse near Lake Livingston and the Log Cabin Treehouse on the Colorado River.
Need a treehouse for a couple’s getaway in Texas? Head to the Pecan Tree House and The Tree House near Tyler.
Want to stay in a treehouse in Texas with the best views? Visit the Treehouse Bungalow on Lake Travis and the Canyon Lake Treehouse.
The best treehouses in Texas have something for everyone!
Last Updated on January 31, 2024 by Brian