Welcome to your best guide to gorgeous treehouses and cabins in Nebraska!
My boyfriend and I love Nebraska, and it’s our favorite place to detox from the world and enjoy a secluded getaway. So we decided to share our experience with everyone and list the best tree house and cabin rentals in Nebraska in this article.
We’ve mentioned rentals in South Sioux City, Peru, Brownville, and the Nebraska countryside, which have the best views, amenities, and secluded locations, that everyone will love.
This article aims to help you save time and effort in choosing the best Nebraska treehouse and cabins by sharing our personal experiences. So every treehouse mentioned below is the best of the best, and you’re guaranteed a relaxing stay no matter which one you choose.
Let me see the best Nebraska vacation rentals already!
Discover the charm of the Midwest from above! Dive into my handpicked selections of the finest treehouse cabin rentals in Iowa, captivating treehouse stays in Oklahoma, and enchanting treehouse lodgings in Missouri.
Kottage Knechtion Treehouse – Best South Sioux City Treehouse Rentals Nebraska
Source: airbnb.com Kottage Knechtion treehouse – Best South Sioux City Treehouse Rentals Nebraska
My boyfriend and I are returning guests at the Kottage Knechtion treehouse in South Sioux City, as it’s a terrific treehouse rental in Nebraska. The treehouse is nestled on a 5-acre setting with detailed landscaping and is minutes from downtown Sioux City, plus many attractions nearby.
The gorgeous treehouse is perched 18 feet in the air among beautiful cottonwood trees and is built with reclaimed and repurposed materials. We loved the treehouse’s cozy interiors, with a queen bed, a sectional sofa in the living area, and a full bathroom with towels, linens, shampoo, and soap.
In addition, the treehouse is hosted by Maureen and Darwin, who are wonderful hosts, and they ensure you have the best stay at their treehouse.
So book the Kottage Knechtion for your next getaway with family or a significant other, as it’s one of the best Nebraska treehouse hotels. Here’s why:
- The spaces: The treehouse has a single bedroom and bathroom, a comfortable living area with a fireplace, two outdoor decks which give stunning views of the property, and large windows that keep the space well-lit and insulated.
- The property: The five-acre setting featured a gorgeous greenhouse, an outdoor shower, a coffee shop for the best breakfast, and vast grounds to explore.
- The nearby locations: The treehouse is close to great outdoor attractions such as the Hard rock hotel, the Dorothy Picate Nature Center, Ponca State Park, and nearby national parks.
My boyfriend and I had the best time at this treehouse and could hardly find any fault with our stay. However, guests should note that the treehouse lacks privacy as its windows look onto neighboring property.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- The treehouse’s secluded setting offers a peaceful recluse from the outside world in the great outdoors.
- The hosts are friendly and responsive throughout your stay.
- The treehouse is within walking distance of a lovely coffee shop for breakfast.
- You can visit attractions in South Sioux City, a short distance away.
- There’s not much privacy in the treehouse as it looks onto a neighboring rental.
Overall, the Kottage Knechtion treehouse is a terrific rental for a small family, couple, or solo traveler looking for a secluded getaway.
The Cabin at Honey Creek – The Best Romantic Getaway Cabin Tree House for Couples
Source: airbnb.com The Cabin at Honey Creek – Best Romantic Getaway Cabin Tree House
My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Honey Creek cabin on a local’s recommendation and had the best time. This quiet and cozy cabin is nestled between Peru and Brownville, on vast private lands, with many attractions a short drive away.
The rental is surrounded by tall trees and offers a unique experience of sleeping in an 1890s cabin with basic amenities and lovely interiors. Our favorite part of this cabin was the outdoor fire pit, which has a grate for cooking and plenty of firewood to enjoy a campfire.
Our host was Jerry, an amazing guy and an even better host who lives nearby on the property.
So make sure to book the Honey Creek rental, as it’s one of the best cabins in Nebraska. Here’s why:
- The amenities: The cabin is fully equipped with cooking essentials, comfy bed linens, bath towels, a cable TV, special equipment for the fire pit, and much more.
- The spaces: The treehouse has a lovely front porch with tables and chairs for outdoor dining and entertaining, a cozy TV area, a bedroom, and a private bathroom.
- The outdoor activities: Guests can drive to museums, wineries, the theater, fun eateries, concert halls, and shopping outlets in Peru.
The only downside to this cabin was its remote location, which is far from most places and has limited cellphone coverage.
- The cabin is clean, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- The host is friendly and welcoming.
- Guests can enjoy complete privacy on the spacious grounds.
- There are options to cook and grill over the firepit with the necessary equipment provided.
- The location is ideal for a quiet getaway.
- The rental is far from many outdoor activities.
- There is limited cell reception.
Overall, the Honey Creek Cabin is a terrific rental property in Peru for small groups and promises a relaxing getaway.
Gorgeous Tiny House – Best Nebraska Rentals for a Solo Getaway
Source: airbnb.com Gorgeous Tiny House – Best Nebraska Rentals for a Solo Getaway
If you want to explore the Nebraska countryside, book the Tiny House cabins in Ponca, which are nestled on 80 acres of fields and offer an amazing hideaway. My boyfriend and I loved staying at this rental, which has all modern amenities while being nestled on spacious pastures and surrounded by greenery.
The tiny cabin home has a comfy interior, cozy couches, a gas fireplace, large windows overlooking the property, and two sleeping loft rooms. However, our favorite space was the patio and the hot tub area, which was perfect for relaxing after a long day.
In addition, the rental is hosted by Stephanie, who’s friendly and communicative throughout your stay.
So make sure to book the Tiny House, as it’s a gorgeous rental located away from the busy city and offers a treehouse-style living environment. Here’s why you’ll love it:
- The modern amenities: The home has a spacious and fully equipped kitchen, Bluetooth speakers, Wi-Fi, Netflix, and Amazon Prime on the flatscreen, a shower, a washer/dryer unit, an indoor fireplace, a propane fire pit, and much more.
- The outdoor spaces: Guests can enjoy lounging on outdoor furniture and a hammock from the front and back decks, relaxing in the hot tub, having a campfire around the outdoor fire pit, and more.
- The rustic amenities: The treehouse uses reclaimed barn wood accents in the property, has a clean composting toilet for saving water, uses minimal electricity (only for the fridge), and has propane-powered facilities.
The only issue we faced during our stay was that the water freezing in the pipes due to the cold made it difficult to access running water. However, the owner was quick to respond and resolve the issue.
- The house is beautiful, well-maintained, and stocked with all the essentials.
- The owner is friendly, attentive, and responsive.
- The house can sleep up to four people in the loft bedrooms.
- You can see cows moving about in the pastures nearby.
- The house offers peace and quiet to relax or work from home.
- The remote location is far from the city and outdoor activities.
- The water freezes in the pipes during winter.
Overall, we had a fantastic time at the Tiny House, and it’s an ideal rental for people needing some time away.
The Top Treehouse Stays in Nebraska
|Kottage Knechtion Treehouse
|The Cabin at Honey Creek
|Gorgeous Tiny House
|South Sioux City, Nebraska
|Between Peru and Brownville, Nebraska
|5-acre with detailed landscaping
|Vast private lands
|80 acres of fields
|18 feet in the air
|Maureen and Darwin
|– Reclaimed and repurposed materials
– Two outdoor decks
– Large windows
– Single bedroom and bathroom
|– 1890s cabin
– Outdoor fire pit with grate for cooking
– Front porch with tables and chairs for dining
– Cable TV
|– Reclaimed barn wood accents
– Composting toilet
– Minimal electricity
– Propane-powered facilities
– Two sleeping loft rooms
– Patio with hot tub
|Queen bed, sectional sofa, full bathroom with essentials
|Cooking essentials, bed linens, bath towels, cable TV, fire pit equipment
|Fully equipped kitchen, Bluetooth speakers, Wi-Fi, Netflix, Amazon Prime, washer/dryer unit, indoor fireplace, propane fire pit
|Hard rock hotel, Dorothy Picate Nature Center, Ponca State Park
|Museums, wineries, theater, eateries, concert halls, shopping outlets in Peru
|Clean, secluded, friendly hosts, nearby attractions
|Clean, private, friendly host, firepit cooking
|Beautiful, well-maintained, sleeps up to four, peaceful, owner responsiveness
|Lack of privacy
|Remote location, limited cell reception
|Remote, water freezing in pipes during winter
What are the best treehouse rentals in downtown Sioux city?
If you’re looking for a tree house in Sioux City, book the Kottage treehouse, as it’s a terrific rental property for people of all ages and abilities. The treehouse has terrific amenities, access to open fields, a cozy loft for sleeping, and breakfasts from a coffee shop onsite every morning at no additional cost.
What are the Best treehouse rentals in Nebraska with a hot tub?
Although not strictly a treehouse, the Tiny House, located in the Nebraska countryside, is a terrific rental with a hot tub and access to many modern amenities. The treehouse is nestled among trees and wide rolling pastures and promises real treehouse living from its secluded setting.
What are some of the best Nebraska treehouse hotels?
Folks looking for a luxurious stay from Nebraska treehouse hotels should book the Kottage Knechtion tree house, which is strictly a bed and breakfast but has great modern amenities, terrific all-around hosting, mouthwatering meals from the local coffee shop, and stunning views.
Winding Up The Best Tree House Rentals Nebraska
Nebraska promises the best getaway for families, couples, and solo travelers from its amazing tree house and cabin rentals, which have serene locations, great amenities, and views. So you can find your ideal Nebraska vacation rentals from the most unique Airbnbs mentioned in this article.
Want a rental for a family trip to Nebraska? Book the Kottage treehouse.
Need a couple’s retreat in Nebraska? Book the Honey Creek Cabin.
The Nebraska vacation rentals never disappoint!
Last Updated on October 27, 2023 by Brian