Welcome to the best Kentucky treehouse rentals the state has to offer in 2024!
Treehouse rentals in Kentucky were our summer adventure’s focus, as my boyfriend and I embarked on a road trip to discover the best. We delved into extensive research, consulting travel agencies, online reviews, and local insights to find Kentucky’s top treehouse rentals.
Our adventure took us across Kentucky, including the Red River Gorge, the Pete Nelson renowned treehouses, and the scenic Daniel Boone National Forest, among other captivating locations.
Kentucky treehouses cater to various needs, so whether you’re planning a cozy romantic getaway, a fun-filled family vacation, or looking for a luxurious treehouse experience, we’ve got something for everyone. These treehouses have breathtaking views of rolling hills, serene woodland settings, and modern amenities for ultimate comfort.
Our goal is to help you easily find the perfect treehouse rental in Kentucky. We’ve carefully selected the best ones based on their breathtaking views, amenities, location, and overall value, ensuring a memorable experience for you.
Ready to explore the most fantastic treehouse cabins Kentucky has to offer in 2024? Let’s jump in!
The Aliyah Treehouse with a Swinging Bridge – A Pete Nelson Treehouse in Kentucky with Hiking Trails
Source: Vrbo.com The Aliyah
On our search for the best treehouse rentals in Kentucky, my boyfriend and I found the amazing Aliyah treehouse. It’s part of the famous Pete Nelson Tree House Resort and offers more than just a place to stay. The Aliyah treehouse is a real adventure. It has three comfy beds, two nice bathrooms, a small kitchen, and a big deck and patio. It’s a fancy way to stay in a treehouse. It is easily one of the top treehouse cabins available.
The Aliyah treehouse is 30 feet up in the trees and is connected by a cool swinging bridge. This makes it feel like a real adventure. We spent our days exploring the big 200-acre property of the resort, walking on trails like the 3.3-mile Heart Trail. There are three different tree houses on the large property.
Every evening at the Aliyah treehouse was special. We could watch the stars from the deck, cook outside, and sit by the fire pit. It felt like a dream holiday in a treehouse.
The Aliyah cabin is a great example of a treehouse that’s friendly to the environment. It fits right into nature and is a part of the Pete Nelson treehouse collection, known for being high quality and eco-friendly.
Here’s why it’s one of the best treehouse rentals in Kentucky:
- Trails and Forest: The resort has over 200 acres of woods. You can go hiking, walk in nature, and see wildlife, all near the Aliyah treehouse.
- Great Views: This treehouse has beautiful views of the forest and you can often see animals, which makes it even more special.
- Everything You Need: The Aliyah treehouse has a kitchenette and places to sleep that are really comfortable.
As far as Kentucky treehouses go, this was one of our favorites. So it’s hard to find any faults. Being so secluded, getting to this hidden treehouse means a lot of walking and crossing a bridge. This might not be easy for everyone.
- Relax by the fire pit, look at the stars, and eat outside at the Aliyah treehouse.
- Have fun in the forest, like watching birds and taking photos.
- Enjoy the quiet, especially on a rainy day, in the Aliyah treehouse.
- Get some sun or have a barbecue in a private spot in the forest.
- There are two other properties on the land, but the Aliyah treehouse still feels private.
- Some guests might find it hard to get to and around the Aliyah treehouse, especially the bridge.
Seeking a unique treetop experience? Delve into my curated recommendations, highlighting the best of both worlds with treehouse rentals in Tennessee, a treehouse rental in Indiana, and the enchanting treehouses in Ohio.
Tree House built by Animal Planet’s Treehouse Masters Pete Nelson
Source: Vrbo.com Pete Nelson Treehouse
We were lucky to book this place because it’s among the most famous tree house rentals Kentucky offers. It has been featured on Animal Planet’s Treehouse Masters as one of the best Pete Nelson treehouses, and we just had to check it out. It’s part of the group of listings, including the Aliyah treehouse, Hickory, and Love Bus. Still, it is unique for itself and different than the others. They are all part of the Pete Nelson treehouse resort.
The treehouse has an enormously spacious stargazing deck nestled high in the trees and bay window, allowing you to overlook the endless forest from the inside. Sitting on the bay window and reading was one of my favorite things. I loved the comfortable king-size bed and waking up to rustling trees and birds. We enjoyed sitting around the fire pit in the evenings, enjoying drinks and conversation.
On the vast private property, we enjoyed. There are many nearby activities; we even rode horseback riding, hiking, and fishing.
Pete Nelson Treehouse rentals are unique and exciting to visit. Here are three reasons why this was one of our favorite treehouse cabins:
- The interior and design: This Pete Nelson treehouse is designed masterfully with gorgeous wood, high ceilings, large windows, and a vast deck that stretches into the woods.
- The location: The treehouse is on 200 acres of private property, and this tree house rental offers stunning forest views in each direction. The outside area is spacious and private. Yet close enough to other nearby activities.
- The nearby activities: While here, it’s easy to try out horseback riding, fishing, golf, and wildlife viewing, or you can visit a museum or one of the nearby theme parks.
Being one of our top tree house cabins, we enjoyed almost everything here. The other cabins also had guests when we visited, so we didn’t feel as much privacy as I expected. One day it rained, so walking around outside can get muddy.
- You can spend the day on the large tree house deck sunbathing in privacy, reading, or BBQuin.
- You can spend a couple of hours horseback riding and enjoying the surroundings.
- Roast marshmallows and make smores in the fire bit at night.
- Take advantage of the game room and have couples or families fun playing.
- Book a guided tree climb activity that lasts an hour and a half with professional instructors.
- Being surrounded by the forest, if there is a lot of rain, be prepared for muddy walks outside.
- Depending on the number of guests in the other cabins on the land, there can be some need for more privacy.
The Looking Glass Treehouse – Luxury Mirrored Domes Surrounded by Nature’s Beauty in Kentucky
Source: Airbnb.com The Looking Glass
My boyfriend and I spent a long weekend at the Looking Glass Treehouse in Campton. Asides from being constructed into geodesic domes suspended in the trees, the tree house is covered with glass with great views in all directions, including mountains and forests. We loved the private backyard area and enjoyed using the fire pit in the evenings.
The hammock outside was my favorite morning spot, and I loved having coffee and listening to the birds. We took several hikes in the area and even went kayaking. The location is close to several excellent restaurants, so we had some fantastic meals. The one-bedroom, one-bath tree house can accommodate up to five guests. But we found it ideal for just the two of us. The interior was perfectly designed with comfortable and homey furniture, hammocks, and a dining area, and spotless.
This rental is another Kentucky treehouse that is one of a kind and luxurious. We loved it, and here are some of the reasons why:
- The peaceful surroundings: Nestled among the trees, this is one of the perfect treehouse rentals for making fires in the pit surrounded by the forest. The sound of the birds and squirrels is terrific.
- Outdoor activities: This is a perfect base for many outdoor activities, including nearby hiking, biking, fishing, and kayaking. Yet there are great restaurants nearby too.
- Beautiful design and interior: It’s called the Looking Glass Treehouse for a reason. Looking from the inside out, you have a 365 view of stunning tree canopies. The furniture is perfectly picked, flows nicely, and is super comfortable.
As one of the unique treehouse rentals in Kentucky, it is warm, comfortable, and surrounded by natural beauty. There are stairs. The bathroom is at the lower level, which can be tricky if you need to use it at night.
- You can lounge in a hammock, reading or enjoying the sound of the birds and leaves rumbling.
- Gather around the fire pit and share stories while roasting hot dogs on the fire.
- Hop to one of the nearby restaurants for a romantic dinner.
- Take a hike or explore the vast grounds for native plants and flowers.
- Go canoeing or kayaking for a few hours.
- The bathroom is downstairs which can make it difficult, especially at night.
- If there is a lot of rain, the area gets muddy, and it’s hard to explore the trails.
Sylvan Float Treehouse – The Red Oak and a Hickory Treehouse Retreat in Kentucky
Source: Airbnb.com Sylvan Float Treehouse
The Sylvan Float Treehouse location is impressive, and my boyfriend and I loved having a romantic weekend here. The treehouse surrounds gorgeous tall trees and has fun floating walkways and a giant canopy lounge net built into the deck floor. Everything was unique, and there was a great mountain view. The interior is clean and well-kept, and I loved the comfy queen-sized bed. We also enjoyed the spacious deck and ate most of our meals outside.
There are many excellent amenities, including a kitchen to prepare meals and a great coffee maker (I can’t live without it!) We also took advantage of the private backyard and fire pit, where we spent most of our evenings. My boyfriend loves to grill, so he prepared some great steaks and burgers for us. We had everything we needed at this beautiful tree house.
This place is a unique Kentucky treehouse for couples looking for privacy and romance. Here are some more reasons you will love visiting:
- The closeness to nature: Even from the deck, we saw many animals walking around, including deer, squirrels, and birds. On our walks, we found many wildflowers and native plants.
- Attention to detail: With beautiful and comfortable furnishing, the rental has unique pieces like the giant canopy lounge net perfect for lounging on the deck.
- Serene Views: The property is calming and relaxing, with splendid mountain views and a tall forest. Enjoying the sights and sounds from the private backyard will help you unwind. Amy was a great and helpful host.
This Hickory Kentucky treehouse on these beautiful majestic trees has excellent details and surroundings to make your stay great. However, we knew this ahead of time there was no Wi-Fi, no TV, and no Washer. So prepare well.
- Grab a book and watch hours pass by as the giant canopy lounge net on the deck cradles you.
- Wake up to incredible rainforest sounds from the comfy queen-sized bed.
- Take a short drive to Lexington for shopping, restaurants, and bars, or stock up on additional supplies.
- You can take a morning hike on one of the nearby hiking trails.
- You can always count on the host, Amy, to help you with any questions or recommend activities.
- Different from some treehouse rentals, this one is less private, and there are other nearby cabins.
- There is no washer, so bring enough clean clothing—also, no TV or Wi-Fi, which is fine.
Eagles Nest Treehouse – AC-Enabled Comfort Amidst Red River Gorge’s Splendor
Source: Airbnb.com Eagles Nest Treehouse
My boyfriend and I spent several days at the Eagles Nest Treehouse at the Red River Gorge. This rental is a two-bedroom, one-bath treehouse perfect for four guests. But we enjoyed it all to ourselves. This tree-house rental is beautifully furnished and gives a magical and rustic vibe. The master bedroom had a comfortable queen-sized bed with huge windows looking out onto the lush forest. There is also a beautiful mountain view.
The Kentucky treehouse is divided into two parts that connect with fenced stairs, and there is a spacious deck perfect for dining outside. There is a small private kitchenette with basics for cooking, a small fridge, a toaster, a microwave, and a coffee machine. We did a lot of BBQing and lounging around the fire pit. There is a nice backyard area. This is treehouse lodging at its best.
This rental was one of our top picks for Kentucky treehouses because I love the privacy among the trees and the beautiful large windows. The vicinity of Red River Gorge made it easy to stay active. Here are three more reasons:
- The view: Sitting on the porch swing, you will feel deep within a national forest surrounded by towering trees. There is a beautiful sunset over the mountains in the evenings.
- Amenities: The property has everything we needed; the kitchen had basics, including a toaster, microwave, coffee machine, and fridge. The outside eating area is spacious, and the BBQ was great.
- The location: This Eagels Nest is ideally located in the Red River Gorge national park and surrounded by sculptured cliffs, mountains, valleys, and lush forests.
We were completely comfortable and could hardly find fault with this Kentucky treehouse. However, there are multiple treehouse rentals on the property, like a group of tree-house hotels, which is more private than some might want. Also, the drive-up is not for small cars, especially if it rains.
- Light up the grill in the yard and enjoy an afternoon surrounded by the forest.
- Make a trip to Red River Gorge and try rock climbing or great hiking trails.
- Catch up on your favorite book while relaxing on the porch swing.
- You can spend the evening star gazing next to the bonfire.
- Explore the surrounding woods for wildflowers, mushrooms, and small creatures.
- The property has multiple treehouse rentals, so it’s not always so private.
- Getting to the property can be difficult because the road needs to be paved.
Cloud Dome Treehouse Village – Unique Geodesic Dome Town Overlooking Red River Gorge
Source: Airbnb.com Cloud Dome
My boyfriend and I spent one night at this Cloud dome treehouse location because we heard about this group of domes known as the tree house Hotel. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and I describe it as luxury camping. It combines a suspension bridge network of trails and geodesic domes suspended above the Red River Gorge Rockhouse Restaurant. This dome town is also connected to one communal area and looks like a forested treehouse cluster.
The Cloud dome had a comfortable, clean queen bed and privacy. The dome town is well-planned, so there’s enough space between each dome. The suspension bridge is sturdy and makes it easy to move your gear around.
Staying at the dome town was a fun and exciting experience. It’s a lot like super comfortable camping; the cloud dome had everything we needed. Here is why you should try it:
- The view: These domes and suspension bridges are surrounded by tall, beautiful trees high above the ground. It’s like camping in the tree tops minutes away from Red River Gorge.
- Unique experience: Finding a place like the Cloud Dome is rare. There is a communal vibe to the site, a relaxed atmosphere, and all comforts needed for a good night’s sleep.
- Accommodations: The communal domes offer a kitchen, water, a shared backyard, a refrigerator, and Free parking on the premises,
But it also offers the least privacy, as most things are shared with the other domes. Those looking for modern comforts will prefer something else. Those who love camp will love this place!
- You have plenty of room to leave your hiking and camping gear.
- Enjoy the super clean and comfortable queen bed.
- Listen to the birds chirping in the morning as you sit high among the treetops.
- Get to meet other campers with similar interests.
- You will have unique pictures and stories about one of the most fantastic treehouse rentals.
- This place requires climbing and using suspension bridges to get around.
- It gets pretty dark at night, so you must prepare to move around with a flashlight.
Observatory Tree House – Secluded Canopy-High Living at Red River Gorge, Kentucky
Source: Airbnb.com Observatory Tree House
We stayed with our best friends at the Observatory Tree House for the weekend. It accommodates four guests and has two bedrooms and a half bath. The Observatory Tree House Location is Stanton and is one of the most secluded locations on the list.
It’s nestled high among the canopy of the trees and has a jungle-like view in all directions. I loved the peace that came with such a secluded spot. The interior is all modern wood and comfortable, cozy furniture. Or bedroom had glass walls with lush green trees on both sides as far as the eye could see. It is a beautiful place that is so close to Red River Gorge.
This rental falls into the category of best treehouse rentals! I loved the seclusion and quiet. Here are some reasons to fall in love with this place:
- The view: High in the forest canopy and huge glass windows and decks allow you to see rich forests and nature in every direction. You get a panoramic view of the jungle.
- Peaceful surroundings: This secluded treehouse offers privacy, an outside seating area, and decks to admire the views and the stars. It is tranquil with the sounds of nature and the wind, just minutes away from the Red river gorge.
- The glass bedroom walls: Waking up in a comfortable, warm bed surrounded by the exotic forest is an incredible feeling. That’s why this rental is extra special.
As far as Kentucky treehouses go, this one was one of the most exotic. But if you are looking for more modern accommodation, know that the bathroom is downstairs, the kitchen area is minimal, and you will need to bring some of your comforts.
- This spot is the most secluded treehouse on the list.
- It’s cozy, comfortable, and perfect for privacy.
- Enjoy the endless forest views in every direction as you enjoy your tea or read a book.
- Take a day trip to Red River Gorge for additional hiking and rock climbing.
- There is no TV, Wi-Fi, or washer, so prepare before your trip.
- Some stairs are involved in moving around and going to the bathroom, and the nights get dark, so prepare.
Family Friendly The Tradewinds Treehouse – Spacious Luxury near Red River Gorge with Hot Tub
Source: Vrbo.com The Tradewinds Treehouse
We had a great time at this Vrbo Tradewinds Treehouse. The property has three bedrooms and can sleep up to eight people, making it perfect for families. We invited some friends with us, and there was plenty of space and privacy. This treehouse was one of the more luxurious tree houses we stayed at, and it had all the modern accommodations. The Tradewinds Treehouse location is impressive, and Daniel Boone National Forest surrounds it along the Red River Gorge geological area and the Red River Gorge canyon system.
The property has all the amenities you need for a few days’ stay, including a kitchen with a stove and, as a bonus, a spa whirlpool. We appreciated the nice sizeable wrap-around deck and air conditioning. We used the fire pit at night and had dinner under the stars. Since we like to hike, we appreciated having the Martins Fork trailhead nearby.
This property is great because it has modern facilities but is still in nature and relaxing. It made our treehouse rentals list for the following reasons:
- The location: In the heart of the Red River Gorge, the treehouse is surrounded by endless hiking trails, mountain climbing opportunities, biking, and more.
- The amenities: The appliances and kitchenware are in good shape and modern. The deck is gorgeous, and the spa tub is fantastic.
- Serene Views: The tree house is planted among the trees, giving relaxing and calming treetop views from the deck and large windows. Very peaceful.
We had fun here, especially sharing the experience with our friends. However, unlike the rest of the treehouse rentals on the list, this one was less clean than I would have liked. I am unsure if an agency does the cleaning or the owners, but the kitchen was not clean, and they could have vacuumed it better.
- You can take the whole family, and everyone will find something fun to do.
- You can venture to Red River Gorge and try biking, hiking, or rock climbing.
- Gather everyone around the fire at night and roast marshmallows and hotdogs.
- Soak in the spa tub and forget about the family!
- Make a special meal together because you need all amenities at the treehouse.
- Some areas needed to be cleaner, especially the kitchen and carpets, but the owners may have may fix it by now.
- It would be uncomfortable to sleep eight people here, but three couples and a child would be ok.
Top Treehouse Cabins in Kentucky
|Swinging bridge, 200 acres of hiking
|Evening around fire pit, stargazing, exploring forest
|Might meet another visitor, a lot of walking
|Pete Nelson Treehouse
|Featured on Animal Planet, stargazing deck
|Day on treehouse deck, horseback riding, game room
|Road needs paving, potential lack of privacy
|The Looking Glass
|Mirrored treehouses, geodesic domes
|Lounge in a hammock, nearby restaurants, hiking
|Bathroom is downstairs, muddy trails
|Sylvan Float Treehouse
|Floating walkways, canopy lounge net
|Giant canopy lounge net, morning hike, host assistance
|Less private, no TV or Wi-Fi
|Eagles Nest Treehouse
|Located in Red River Gorge, jungle-like view
|Privacy among trees, Red River Gorge proximity
|Multiple rentals on property, unpaved road
|Cloud Dome Treehouse
|Dome town, suspension bridge network
|Unique experience, communal vibe
|Requires climbing, dark at night
|Observatory Tree House
|Secluded, glass bedroom walls
|Most secluded treehouse, proximity to Red River Gorge
|No TV, Wi-Fi, washer, dark nights
|The Tradewinds Treehouse
|Family-friendly, near Red River Gorge
|Modern facilities, Martins Fork trailhead
|Cleaning concerns, tight for eight people
Winding Up: The Best Kentucky Treehouse Rentals
Treehouse rentals in Kentucky offer many fun and diverse options. They are a nature lovers’ paradise, and no matter if you wish to go off the grid or have an excellent cottage experience in the woods, I have the perfect tree house option listed.
Among our best treehouse rentals, you will find camping options, romantic getaways, and options for the whole family.
Are you looking for a family spot? Check out these treehouse rentals: The Tradewinds Treehouse (near Red River Gorge) or Tree House built by Animal Planet’s Treehouse Masters – Pete Nelson (off the grid).
For romance, don’t miss out on Eagles Nest Treehouse (The Red River Gorge Treehouse) or TreeHouse: “The Aliyah,” also built by treehouse masters Pete Nelson.
What are some treehouse Airbnb Kentucky properties worth renting?
There are many great Kentucky treehouse rentals available on Airbnb. Some of the best tree house rentals include Vrbo Observatory Tree House – near Red River Gorge, Cloud Dome Treehouse, and Eagles Nest Treehouse at Red river gorge. There are excellent options for singles, couples, and families, so check them out. Search for treehouse Airbnb Kentucky rentals or tree house rentals ky, and you will find them.
What amenities do treehouse rentals in Kentucky include?
Most tree house rentals include a kitchen, bathroom, living room, and bedrooms. Many have outside seating areas, including decks, balconies, and yard areas for bonfires and other activities. Better equipt treehouse rentals in Kentuck can even have a hot tub, spa, outdoor shower, and more.
What are treehouse master rentals in Kentucky?
Treehouse master rentals refer to homes designed by master treehouse builders like Pete Nelson. He has many extraordinary treehouses that have received national recognition. They are available for rent, and you can find several on our list. Also, check out his Kentucky Climbers Cottage, which sleeps larger groups and is only 15 minutes away from Red River Gorge and Cumberland Falls. Other master rentals worth your time include geodesic domes suspended in the treetops. It is especially interesting for camping lovers. Check out geodesic dome treehouses at – Kentucky Treehouse hotels.
What are the top Kentucky treehouse rentals close to Red River Gorge?
Some of the most beautiful treehouse rentals in Kentucky can be found in the Red River Gorge area. Some of our top rentals in the area include Vrbo Observatory Tree House, The Tradewinds Treehouse, and Cloud Dome Treehouse. Each one offers a different experience, so read my review above.
Where is the Turtle Dome Treehouse Location?
The Turtle Dome Treehouse is part of the newest treehouse village in the same complex as the Cloud Dome Treehouse and Puma Dome Treehouse location. They are all interconnected by a suspension bridge network of trails and domes suspended above the Red River Rockhouse Restaurant.
What are some amazing tree house rentals that Kentucky has to offer?
Kentucky offers numerous amazing treehouse rentals for you to consider for your much-deserved retreat. Some of the top widely-recognized rentals include the Kentucky Breeze Treehouse, Affordable Dreams, Old Hickory Treehouse, and Observatory Treehouse. Each provides a unique experience, whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway, a family vacation, or a solo adventure.
Where can I find the best tree house rentals in Kentucky?
The best treehouse rentals in Kentucky has to offer are spread across the state, each offering its own unique charm and experience. You can find them listed on a variety of vacation rental sites including Airbnb and Glamping Hub. Some of the popular destinations include the Kentucky Breeze Treehouse with its amazing views of the Red River, and the Old Hickory Treehouse which offers a tranquil forest setting.
Last Updated on January 31, 2024 by Brian