Welcome to the absolute best treehouse rentals available in Indiana!
This summer, my boyfriend and I set out on a dream vacation across Indiana to search for our perfect treehouse and relaxing getaway. During our trip, we found places with stunning views, fun indoor and outdoor activities, and all the amenities needed for a perfect vacation in a treehouse rental.
We started by consulting endless online reviews, websites, and tourist agencies and even asked for local advice. And it paid off!
We traveled throughout the state and visited small, secluded towns and large city outskirts to find the perfect accommodations.
We found the greatest cabins and tree houses with incredible accreditations, which include a hot tub, wood-burning fireplace, air conditioning, outdoor shower, spa tub rentals, and more.
This article aims to help you save time, ease stress, and save money by choosing the best tree house rental for your style and needs.
We ranked our treehouse rental options according to location, surrounding views, available accommodations, friendly and helpful hosts, and additional content bear by.
So, jump into the top treehouse stays Indiana has to offer!
Planning a treehouse getaway in a different state? Dive into my curated lists of treehouse rentals in Kentucky, treehouses in Ohio, treehouses in Michigan, treehouse rentals in Illinois, and the best treehouses in Tennessee for a one-of-a-kind experience.
Tree House + Urban farm, 10 minutes from downtown– Best Place for Couples in Indiana
Source: Airbnb.com Tree House + Urban Farm
My boyfriend and I loved this Airbnb tree house rental. The one-bedroom secluded cabin was perfect for our romantic getaway. It’s also suitable for solo travelers. The treehouse is in an ideal location inside the canopy of giant native trees. It’s a true treetop retreat. The cozy treehouse cabin has all the amenities needed, including a private balcony, kitchen, coffee maker, air conditioning, fire pit, high-speed internet, and an outside eating area.
My favorite part was the view of the animal pasture and wildflower garden. There were even cute cats and pups to play with. The style of the Tree-house cabin is rustic, with fun decorations that make it feel home-like. There are also lovely picnic tables where I read and enjoyed the surrounding sounds.
We often used the bonfire pit and sat under the stars at night. We loved having a couple of drinks while roasting hot dogs and making smores. The private balcony was my getaway spot for my morning coffee. The sounds of the chirping birds and animals from the farm were relaxing (and this was my perfect alone time!)
This cozy cabin is perfect for a weekend getaway because:
- The location: Even though the treehouse is in a secluded spot is close to downtown, where we found great restaurants and bars.
- Peaceful Views: The tall windows and view from the porch give a soothing view of the urban farm and flower garden. You will feel protected and calm in this treetop retreat.
- Amenities: The property has all the needed amenities, including a kitchen, coffee maker, washer/dryer, fire pit, outdoor dining area, and a nice BBQ grill. There is free parking.
We loved a lot about this treehouse retreat, but there are a couple of minor things that the hosts could improve. The sleeping arrangements could be better. Instead of a nice queen size bed, there is a sleep sofa and a separate top bed (like bunk beds).
- Roast some marshmallows and enjoy the evening next to the bonfire pit.
- Set up a picnic area at the tables and enjoy the view of the gardens.
- Hop downtown and explore shops, bars, and restaurants easily.
- Enjoy the communal game room and meet some new people.
- The owners are caring and responsive to all your needs.
- Instead of a queen bed, there is a sofa and a top bunk.
- Other guests stay at the property, and the urban farm area is a shared space.
The Treehouse @ French Lick Farms – Unique, Rustic “Off the Grid” Treehouse Cabin on Lost River (West Baden Springs)
Source: Vrbo.com French Lick Farms
We couldn’t get enough of the treehouse at French Lick Farms. It’s one of the best treehouse rentals in Indiana and the perfect cozy cabin. This off-the-grid two-story cabin has a fantastic wraparound deck with views of the forest, Lost River, and farm. It has a full bathroom, kitchen, and spacious bedroom. We felt comfortable, and the owners welcomed us nicely and warmly.
I loved the comfortable and clean queen bed. We also made a lot of use of the outdoor fire pit, BBQ, and picnic table. The deck has a tiki thatch awning and overlooks the pasture. During the day, we took great walks and short hikes nearby. Having a break from technology and the internet was incredibly recharging for us. We had such a great time (not missing the internet) that we decided to book our next vacation here again.
There was so much great stuff at this treehouse rental. Here are my top three reasons to visit:
- The view: This cozy cabin has magnificent views of the Lost River, lush forests, and the farm. We even saw many deer wandering around as we enjoyed our coffee and tea.
- The location: Seclusion and peace are vital to this tree-house cabin. It is nice, secluded, and meant for guests seeking a break from technology.
- The warm hosts: The hosts are attentive, check in with you every day and leave you small gifts, like marshmallows, to make smores in the fire pit.
It is an excellent treehouse rental. We enjoyed a wonderful weekend getaway here and loved the off-the-grid experience. However, those looking for more modern accommodation should know there is no cable, Wi-Fi, and only one electrical plug in the cabin.
- You can have a private getaway without technology here (it’s a very secluded area).
- You can use the outdoor fire pit to roast marshmallows (or hot dogs).
- Spend time on the spacious deck gazing at the stars at night.
- Enjoy the comfortable and spacious master bedroom as the birds wake you up in the morning.
- You can always ask the kind owners for additional suggestions about where to go and what to see.
- The owner should upgrade some details on the property from wear and tear.
- There is no cable or Wi-Fi and only one electrical pung in, as this is an off-the-grid tree house.
Cozy Pines Cabin (Newly updated, Secluded, with Hot Tub, Tree House)
Source: Vrbo.com Cozy Pines Cabin
We visited Cozy Pines Cabin with friends and had a memorable extended weekend near Brown County, Indiana, which is incredibly close to the Brown County State Park. I could invite my girlfriends and have a great girls’ weekend here because it’s very spacious with many beds. This newly renovated property is perfect and spacious, with four bedrooms, three baths, a living room, and a kitchen.
I loved the master bedroom with a large and comfy king-size bed. But my favorite was the brand-new outdoor hot tub, which I used constantly. The huge hot tub was not only clean and well-kept, but it fits all of us comfortably. We had some fun at the game room area playing full poker table, pool, air hockey, and foosball late into the night. We are a competitive bunch, so it took a lot of work for everyone to quit.
It is one of the best treehouse rentals in Indiana for many reasons. It can easily accommodate up to 8 people, and everything is top-notch. Here are my top three reasons for loving this property:
- Perfect for friends’ or girls’ weekend: The treehouse cabin is spacious, comfortable, and filled with fun activities inside and outside the treehouse.
- The location: The treehouse cabin is secluded yet close to great parks to explore, like Brown County State Park and Sweetwater Lake.
- The amenities: With a full kitchen, spacious master bedroom, hot tub, and all kinds of games (like poker, pool, and air hockey), you will have fun inside and outside the property. It has all the comforts of home and more.
It is one of the top treehouse rentals in Indiana. We loved sharing it with our friends. However, the housekeeping wasn’t at the highest level, and we noticed some dishes and the kitchen counters still needed to be cleaned.
- You can easily explore Brown County State Park, which is only 5.8 miles away.
- You can spend the evening playing authentic poker with your friends.
- Enjoy the views and sounds of nature while soaking in the hot tub.
- Enjoy a bonfire under the stars.
- You can invite friends and family to stay with you, and you will still have plenty of privacy.
- There are many stairs on the property which can be difficult for some.
- The housekeeping could be better, especially in the kitchen area and dishes.
Treehouse Bungalow- The Best Luxury Treehouse Stay in Indiana
Source: Vrbo.com Treehouse Bungalow
It is an excellent weekend getaway with two bedrooms and can sleep up to six people. But up to four guests is a perfect choice. We visited with a couple of our best friends, who loved the space and the great amenities. The main bedroom has a queen bed while the second bedroom has a double bed and bunks for kids. The two bedrooms are spacious, filled with light, and everything is clean. In addition, there is a full bath, kitchen, balcony, and garden area.
I enjoyed this tree house. It is close to the lake, beach, and downtown. It’s perfect for a quaint vacation in a luxurious cabin that can be spent on the property or exploring the city. We took time to explore Washington Park and New Buffalo, which added to the overall experience. There are even close by wineries and the zoo. It was fun to BBQ from the balcony or fire up the outside pit in the evenings. We loved sharing stories around the flickering fire.
This treehouse rental was another one of the fantastic cabins we would love to visit again. Here’s why this grand cabin is a perfect spot for you too:
- The location: This treehouse rental is just minutes from the lake, beach, and downtown. It’s easy to visit spots like Washington Park or New Buffalo and enjoy great restaurants and coffee shops.
- All the amenities: The two bedrooms are spacious; a full bath, spacious living room, a fully functional large kitchen, balcony and deck area, and garden area.
- Comfort and cleanliness: The tree house is beautifully decorated, modern, and comfortable, making you feel relaxed and at home. It was impeccably clean.
Since this is another fantastic cabin we visited, nothing negative can be said. Still, If I had to pick something, I would have preferred that some appliances were updated, like the microwave and coffee machine. Small things could bring this property to a much higher level.
- Take advantage of this fantastic cabin outside deck and BBQ, or enjoy the night sky with great food and conversation.
- You can visit essential and fun places nearby, like Washington Park and New Buffalo,
- You can enjoy one of the many hiking trails in the area.
- You can gather around the fire, roast hot dogs, and enjoy evening drinks.
- Take a picnic and some drinks and make it a day at the nearby beach.
- Most activities, including the beach, require a short can drive.
- Some appliances are older and outdated, even though they are still functional.
CIDER CABIN – Brown County’s Finest Log Cabin (close to Nashville)
Source: Vrbo.com Cider Cabin
My boyfriend and I spent two nights at the Cider Cabin, a lovely log cabin in Nashville. It was the perfect weekend getaway. It’s one of the best three-bedroom, three-bathroom treehouse rentals located one hour south of Indianapolis and about an hour north of Louisville. Nearby, we enjoyed great activities, including horseback riding, fishing, hiking, and winery tours. My boyfriend even went swimming. I also did some great shopping when we went into the city.
My favorite part was the clean hot tub that comfortably fits six people. It’s also one of my top pics of log houses with log tables and wooden beds. The property is a large 3000 sqft of outdoor living space, which I found perfect for dining under the stars, BBQing, or reading on the porch swing.
We also used the spacious and well-equipped kitchen to make our meals. As far as peace, this property agreed with me. There are plenty of beautiful spots with views where you can cuddle up, read or enjoy a cup of tea.
Cider cabin made our best treehouse rentals list for many reasons, including the spacious outside area. Here are some additional reasons why you must visit:
- The outdoor activities: The treehouse is ideally located and close to many activities like ziplining, swimming, fishing, hiking, and horseback riding.
- The location: Though the property is secluded, those looking to visit nearby cities for great shopping and restaurants are only an hour away from Indianapolis and Louisville.
- The Amenities: You will feel at home with three bathrooms and a fully equipped kitchen. The beautiful outside seating area offers great seating for reading, dining outside, and having BBQs.
This tree house has a lot of great features. If I could change anything in this tree house, I would add a door to the upstairs bedroom and downstairs bathroom, which can be uncomfortable when you stay with friends and family.
- You can easily access fun activities like zip lining, ATV trails, fishing, swimming, and horseback riding.
- You can soak in the private hot tub, which provides a lot of privacy, and enjoy the views at all times.
- Invite friends or family to stay with you in the spacious three-bedroom, three-bathroom treehouse.
- Relax in the 3000 sqft of outdoor living space by BBQuing, lounging on the porch swing, or relaxing in the screened-in porch area.
- Take advantage of the spacious, well-equipped kitchen (with provided plates, pots, and other essential cooking equipment) to make a special romantic meal.
- There is no Wi-Fi at the tree house, but you can prepare using hot spots that work well. There is also no cable TV.
- The downstairs bathroom and upstairs bedroom don’t have doors, so there is some need for more privacy if you are sharing the cabin with family or friends.
Wrapping Up: The Best Treehouse in Indiana
There are so many excellent treehouse rentals in Indiana. There is something for everyone, including luxury cabins with a hot tub, spa, stunning views, multi-level decks, incredible privacy, and an eco-friendly, off-the-grid cabin for those looking to take a break from technology and everyday life.
If you want to relax for a few days in natural surroundings and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and nature of Indiana, treehouse cabins are a perfect choice.
I know that my boyfriend and I had a fantastic stay in each of these treehouse rentals, both as a couple and with our friends.
Are you looking for a treehouse rental near the beach? Make sure to check out Treehouse Bungalow- Quaint and Cozy Getaway!
Do you need a family-friendly treehouse rental for a reunion or anniversary? Take advantage of Cozy Pines Cabin (the newly renovated treehouse rental).
Need a romantic weekend with your partner? Choose the cozy cabin Tree House + Urban farm near downtown.
Top Treehouse Rentals in Indiana
|Top 3 Highlights
|Tree House + Urban Farm
|1-bedroom cabin, private balcony, kitchen, A/C, fire pit, internet, outside eating area
|10 minutes from downtown
|1. Close yet secluded location
2. Peaceful views
3. Full amenities
|1. Evening by the bonfire pit
2. Picnic area with garden views
3. Proximity to downtown
4. Communal game room
5. Responsive owners
|1. Sofa and top bunk instead of a queen bed
2. Shared urban farm space
|The Treehouse @ French Lick Farms
|Off-the-grid two-story cabin, wraparound deck, full bathroom, kitchen
|1. Magnificent views
2. Secluded location
3. Warm hosts
|1. Access to various activities
2. Private hot tub sessions
3. Spacious stays with friends/family
4. Outdoor Dining
5. Fully equipped kitchen
|1. Some wear and tear details
2. No cable or Wi-Fi, limited electricity
|Cozy Pines Cabin
|4 bedrooms, 3 baths, outdoor hot tub, game room with poker table, pool, air hockey, foosball
|Close to Brown County State Park
|1. Perfect for group gatherings
2. Proximity to parks
3. Varied amenities
|1. Proximity to Brown County State Park
2. Evening poker games
3. Relaxing hot tub
4. Evening bonfires
5. Suitable for group stays
|1. Many stairs on the property
2. Housekeeping issues in the kitchen
|2 bedrooms, full bath, kitchen, balcony, garden area
|Close to lake, beach, and downtown
|1. Prime location
2. Comprehensive amenities
3. Clean and comfortable
|1. BBQ and chats on the deck
2. Proximity to Washington Park and New Buffalo
3. Hiking trails nearby
4. Evening fires
5. Beach picnics
|1. Need for a short car drive to activities
2. Some outdated appliances
|3-bedroom log cabin, 3 bathrooms, hot tub, 3000 sqft outdoor living space
|Between Indianapolis and Louisville
|1. Variety of outdoor activities
2. Accessible location
3. All-inclusive amenities
|1. Access to various activities
2. Private hot tub sessions
3. Spacious stays with friends/family
4. Outdoor dining
5. Fully equipped kitchen
|1. No Wi-Fi or cable TV
2. Lack of privacy due to missing doors in certain
How much do treehouse rentals in Indiana cost?
Renting a tree house in Indiana can range from $70 to $350 per night for two people. The price greatly depends on the size of the tree house, location, and amenities. Most rentals are in the $200 range per night for couples.
What amenities do the best treehouse rentals in Indiana offer?
Treehouse rentals in Indiana offer a wide range of amenities, including a kitchen, living room, bathroom, and at least one bedroom. Most rentals include decks, patios, and other outside spaces like gardens, picnic tables, a wood-burning fireplace, fire pits, and BBQs.
Some better-equipped accommodations offer an indoor or outdoor hot tub, spa, or jacuzzi tub, an outdoor shower (perfect for hot days), and more. Additional perks include views of mountains, rivers, lakes, and lush forests. You can even find excellent lakeside properties with private docks that can be used to go boating on the lake, fishing, or canoeing and kayaking.
Since Indiana is rich in natural beauty, hikers will always find great trails near the properties for exploring trails or biking.
What are some top pics of cozy cabins and tree house rentals in Indiana?
Indiana offers many cozy treehouses throughout the state and of all sizes. It’s easy to find a secluded cabin with great amenities at great value. The Cozy Pines Cabin in Brown County, Indiana, is great.
The property has excellent amenities, including a huge hot tub, activities like a poker table, pool table, air hockey, and other indoor entertainment. It’s spacious with four bedrooms, three baths, a living room, and a kitchen, yet warm and comforting, so you feel at home. It’s also newly renovated, so everything is up-to-date and functional.
My second recommendation would be an off-the-grid treehouse at French Lick Farms in Orange County (West Baden Springs). This incredible gem is on the Lost River and has fantastic views. It has a full bathroom, kitchen, and spacious bedroom with a wraparound deck for outside seating and BBQing. This grand cabin is unique and perfect for those looking to escape technology. Remember that this property doesn’t have cable, Wi-Fi, or only one cabin electrical plug. So it’s a perfect cozy place for some time in nature.
What activities can you enjoy while staying at treehouse rentals in Indiana?
The state of Indiana is rich in natural beauty, including lakes, forests, and rivers. This means there are endless opportunities for adventure and exploring. Most nature lovers will enjoy all the great outdoor activities guests can enjoy endless hiking trails, biking, fishing, ziplining, swimming, kayaking, canoeing, stand-up paddle boarding, and more.
For those looking for city activities, most properties are a short drive (and connect to the highway). They are not far from shopping centers, great restaurants, and bars. Nearby beaches, museums, historical sites, parks, and zoos exist.
Last Updated on November 26, 2023 by Brian