Welcome to the best of the best of treehouse rentals Maine has to offer!
My boyfriend and I have been on a quest to uncover Maine’s most incredible treehouses. To do this, we looked at lots of online reviews, asked local travel experts, and stayed in these cool places ourselves to give you the real story.
Our search for Maine’s top treehouses took us all over the state. Whether you want a romantic getaway, a fun trip with your family, or a fancy treehouse stay, we found options. We saw treehouses with beautiful views of the ocean, hidden in quiet forests and with everything you need to feel at home.
Our aim? To help you find the best one easily and with fun. We picked our favorites based on how great the views are, the facilities, where they are, and how much they’re worth, to make sure your stay is something you’ll always remember.
Excited to see the best treehouse cabins in Maine? Let’s start our journey!
Camp Lakefront with Canopy – The Best Treehouse in Maine with Stunning Lake Views
Source: Booking.com Camp Lakefront with Canopy
Treehouse rentals in Maine offer a unique escape, and the Camp Lakefront with Canopy on Worromontogus Lake, near Augusta, is a prime example. This canopy treehouse features two apartments, including a two-level duplex and a two-bedroom suite suitable for up to four guests. We picked the suite for its coziness and suitability for two.
Experience Tranquility and Comfort
The suite boasts a spacious balcony offering views of the lake, creating a serene environment for a long weekend stay. It’s well-equipped with a comfy bed, private bathroom, air conditioning, and an impressive lake view, making it my favorite Maine treehouse.
Privacy and Modern Amenities
The deck space is private, and perfect for dining with panoramic views. The treehouse has essential amenities like a coffee machine, microwave, and fridge. Enjoying morning coffee surrounded by trees and water views was a highlight. We also made good use of the property’s canoe.
Rustic Yet Modern
This treehouse combines rustic charm with modern decor. It’s set on private land, ensuring ample privacy, and we often used the fire pit. It’s conveniently located near Pine Tree State Arboretum, Williams Park, and great restaurants.
If you are looking for a peaceful romantic getaway, the Camp Lakefront with Canopy treehouse has everything you need. Here are three reasons we loved staying here:
- Stunning Views: The deck offers a peaceful view of the forest lake, especially beautiful in the moonlight.
- Comfort and Proximity: It’s an excellent spot for a romantic getaway, close to restaurants and parks.
- Well-Equipped: Includes a bathroom, kitchenette, outdoor deck, coffee machine, and Wi-Fi.
While this treehouse rental’s location is stunning, one downside is the shared space with another rental, impacting privacy and shared use of amenities like the fire pit and canoe.
- It is located next to a beautiful forest lake, ideal for relaxation and nature activities.
- Modern amenities ensure a comfortable stay.
- Close to parks, lookouts, biking, and hiking trails.
- Clean and cozy space.
- Responsive and helpful management by Vacasa.
- Shared space with another rental in the same treehouse reduces privacy.
- Some minor damages in the suite, like furniture, need fixing.
Tree Dwelling w/ Water Views & Cedar Hot Tub – The Ultimate Georgetown Maine Retreat with Seguin Island and Back River Views
Source: Airbnb.com Tree Dwelling
My boyfriend and I loved this romantic and unique tiny cabin; it was one of our top picks for Maine treehouses. This space is a modern tree-dwelling at its best. The treehouse comprises two elevated structures: the bedroom on one side, connected with a rope bridge to the small kitchen, dining area, and full bathroom. The rope bridge was a fun addition. I loved the wood-fired cedar hot tub and the screened-in porch where we spent much of our time. We enjoyed gorgeous sunsets here.
The sleeping pod had a great Back River view and lots of windows. I loved the king-size bed, which was clean and comfortable. All the furniture is modern and minimal, perfect for the tiny cabin space, yet comfortable. There are many great restaurant options outside the property, so we enjoyed some great meals, especially at Five Islands Lobster Co and Beale St. BBQ. It was easy to get to Reid State Park to enjoy the beach and trails.
We loved a lot of things about the Tree Dwelling Cabin in Georgetown including the two elevated structures. We enjoy our time under the stars, especially when Georgetown sleeps. The best three things about this Maine treehouse are:
- The location: This Maine treehouse is vast, and there is even a lot of adjacent land you can freely use during your stay. It’s perfect for walking around and exploring, and you can even use the private dock.
- The views: The bedroom and the decks have stunning views of the river and surrounding forest. The treehouse rental is filled with gorgeous woods, including pine trees, cedar, and several more.
- The amenities: The cedar hot tub is unbeatable and keeps the temperature perfectly. There are canoes, kayaks, a screened-in porch for outside dining, a fire pit, fired cedar hot tub, and much more.
This amazing treehouse is truly one of the best. We enjoyed staying here. But if I could find fault with it, it would be that the bathroom is separate from the bedroom. It makes it challenging to use the bathroom during the night. There are also two more cabins on the property, but they are well-spaced. Also, there is no air conditioning or washer.
- Soak and relax in the wood-fired cedar hot tub on one of the two elevated structures as you enjoy the views.
- Use the kayaks and canoes provided to enjoy some time on the river.
- Enjoy walking on the 21 acres of property and even use the adjoining land to enjoy a private dock, trails, and cottages.
- You can have a romantic picnic overlooking the sunset.
- You can observe the stars at night by sitting around the fire pit or curling up on the porch.
- The treehouse rental does not provide a washer and TV, which can be a problem after several days.
- Using the bathroom at night was difficult because you had to leave the sleeping pod area and take the suspension bridge to the bathroom.
Treehouse (The Cliff House) – Spacious Luxury Treehouse in Sanford Maine for a Romantic Getaway with Private Hot Tub
Source: Airbnb.com The Cliff House
My boyfriend and I spent an extended weekend at the Cliff House Treehouse and loved every minute of our stay. It has two bedrooms (one is a sleeping loft), both with a queen size bed, kitchen, bathroom, indoor fireplace, private hot tub, and spacious balcony. It can comfortably house up to four guests. By all standards, this is a luxury treehouse. It’s large enough for four guests, so you can comfortably invite some friends.
We loved the spiral staircase leading into the treehouse. It was sturdy and easy to use. The interior is elegant and clean and includes all the modern amenities you need for a comfortable stay. The property is surrounded by great trees, including pine trees and cedar trees. You can see lush green forests everywhere you look and hear birds singing.
I thought the private hot tub was amazing and used it several times a day. It’s in such a private setting and calm spot I felt comfortable and relaxed. The kayak was also fun; we took it across Littlefield Pond several times. At night we loved having drinks next to the fireplace.
We loved many things about the Sanford Cliff House; this Maine treehouse was one of our favorite treehouse rentals. We rated it among the best because:
- Amenities: This tree house rental has excellent amenities, including a full kitchen with an oven and all the dishes you need for comfortable cooking. There is free parking, a private outdoor hot tub, a balcony, a fireplace, and more.
- Location: The treehouse is surrounded by forest leaves and the sound of birds. It’s incredibly calm and relaxing as if the town of Sanford sleeps all day long. Littlefield Pond is beautiful and soothing. And we visited closeby Columbia falls.
- Great outdoor activities: This rental is the perfect spot for kayaking across the pond, exploring hiking trails, using the fire pit, BBQing, and soaking in the jacuzzi tub.
If I had to find fault with this treehouse, it would be that there are two sets of stairs. The spiral staircase and another set of stairs lead to the sleeping loft bedroom. Using them can be tricky at night, so be careful.
- You can enjoy the pond, whether reading next to it or going across it.
- The deck is spacious and perfect for outdoor eating.
- You can prepare a great meal here because there is a full kitchen.
- The owner was friendly, and communication was simple.
- The queen-sized bed was super comfortable and clean in the loft bedroom.
- The master bedroom is a loft with stairs. It might be hard for some to use.
- There is no TV or washer in the unit, so prepare accordingly.
Treehouse with Stunning Ocean Views from Expansive Deck – A Luxurious Retreat in The Woods of Maine with Oceanfront and Forest Views
Source: Vrbo.com Ocean View treehouse
My boyfriend and I stayed with some friends at this A-frame Danish Trellborg Maine treehouse. But It’s a perfect rental for a family getaway as well. It’s a three-bedroom that sleeps up to six guests. Two of the bedrooms have a queen size bed, and the third has two twin beds. I loved the view from the master bedroom. The amenities are excellent: a full kitchen (even essential pantry items), two bathrooms, a jacuzzi tub, laundry, a double kayak, stand-up paddle boards, a hammock, and much more.
We enjoyed the ocean view of Muscongus Bay and were surrounded by Maine woods and forest that was lush and gave us peace and quiet. It’s located on 11 acres of private land, and we felt like we were on our private island. On one of the starry nights, we even grabbed our sleeping bags and watched the stars by the lake. It’s right on Forest Lake, so there were plenty of outdoor activities. We enjoyed the outside table area for our meals. Donna was a great host and helped us with recommendations for nearby activities (like the Marshall Point Lighthouse).
This amazing treehouse, which reminds me of a private island, stands apart from the rest because:
- The view: You can enjoy the idea of the ocean, lake, and lush woods, on all sides of this property. There is a beautiful multi-level outdoor deck or stroll to the lake.
- The location: The tree house is on 11 acres of land, with many activities to do right at the property. There are also wonderful nearby activities like trails, biking, the beach, visiting a lighthouse, and some great restaurants.
- All the amenities: Donna, our host, went all out. Not only is the treehouse spacious with a complete and stocked kitchen and living room, but you have everything for indoor and outdoor activities. Its a perfect family getaway.
This was our favorite vrbo treehouse, and we enjoyed sharing the experience with our friends. The only downside to this rental would be that there are a lot of stairs between the deck and upstairs bedrooms. This was a problem for one of our friends, so they stayed in the downstairs bedroom.
- This is a family-friendly property with games and activities for kids.
- It’s spacious, with three bedrooms, a living room, a bathroom, and a full kitchen.
- You can spend time at the lake or BBQ on the private deck.
- You can enjoy yourself alone on the extensive grounds or in different treehouse parts.
- You can roast marshmallows in the evening or observe the stars from your sleeping bags.
- It’s secluded. About 30 minutes to the nearest town. This can be a chore for supplies.
- There are lots of stairs both inside and outside.
Treehouse near Bar Harbor – An Adventurous and Luxurious Treehouse Rental in Maine
Source: Airbnb.com Treehouse near Bar Harbor
My boyfriend and I spent two nights at this stunning two-bedroom, one-and-half-bath luxurious three-house whose location made us love it. From this Maine treehouse, it was easy to see many fantastic places nearby, including Down East Sunrise Trail, Bar Harbor, and Acadia National Park.
The tree house has a spacious main bedroom with a queen-sized bed and plenty of light and a second bedroom with two queen beds adjacent. I enjoyed the outdoor shower, which was refreshing on summer days and had plenty of privacy. We also spent much time on the private balcony reading and having great conversations and meals. The private sauna was terrific (and I made full use of it).
This Main treehouse was terrific and offered lots of meaningful content. Here are my most important three:
- The location: From this tree house, it is easy to explore Main’s most beautiful and adventurous area. Down East Sunrise Trail offers endless trails for all levels, mountain biking, and even ATVing and snowmobiling (when conditions are correct).
- The amenities: The property has excellent details like a private sauna, fireplace, private patio, full kitchen, seasonal outdoor shower firepit, and more.
- Comfort and privacy: The warm and cozy 900 square feet tree house is surrounded by a rich forest full of maple, cedar, pine, and spruce trees and different native plants. It’s a proper Appleton retreat location for walking around in peaceful nature.
Our stay at this luxury treehouse was incredible, and it was hard to find a fault. We did have some difficulty finding the place, though. It is tucked away, and the parking is a bit away from the cabin. Better markings or instructions would have helped.
- You can enjoy some peace and quiet alone in the sauna.
- Take an easy day trip to Acadia National Park.
- Prepare your own meals in the spacious and stocked kitchen.
- Take advantage of the outdoor shower and relax.
- Fire up the grill and enjoy outside eating from the gorgeous deck.
- Make sure to arrive during daylight, as it’s hard to find the tree house.
- Some of the amenities in the house can be updated to give it a more modern tree-dwelling feeling.
Tree House – Waterfront Home in a Quiet Cove Overlooking Toothaker Island – Beautiful Skyview Treehouse
Source: Vrbo.com Tree House – Waterfront home
My boyfriend and I were lucky to spend an extended stay at this Waterfront home on Mooselookmeguntic lake, one of Maine’s best lake locations. The log cabin-styled property is spacious and clean, located in a quiet cove overlooking the majestic Toothaker Island. It gets its tree house name from all the cozy and wood-inspired decor.
It’s a clean, spacious three-bedroom cabin with a full bathroom and kitchen. The master bedroom has a super comfy queen-sized bed, while the other bedroom has a double bed, and the third has two twin beds. The highlight for me is that it is a waterfront property on Mooselookmeguntic Lake, so we took the opportunity to dome kayaking and canoeing, and the boys went fishing. There is also a stunning view of the mountains.
We enjoyed spending extended time at this treehouse and had friends and family visit. It’s one of our favorite treehouse because:
- The location: The tree house is perfectly secluded with great trees giving you lots of privacy. But it’s also a short drive from great restaurants and bars like the Portage Brewhouse, Moose Alley, and Loon Lodge in Rangeley.
- The view: It’s hard to beat a lakeside property where you can play on the lake or admire it from the deck with a perfect glass of wine. Sitting by the fire pit is incredibly relaxing as tall trees, and water views surround you.
- Comfortable log cabin experience: The interior is completely done in a rich wood design, with log furniture and details, making it cozy and comfortable for extended stays.
This was one of the best tree house rentals for spending time with friends and family. But as it was made clear to us, the minimum rental period is one week. This can be hard to incorporate into everyone’s schedule.
- You can light a BBQ and enjoy eating outside any time of day.
- You can spend the day on the lake fishing or kayaking and canoeing.
- Get dressed up and go to one of the great restaurants and bars nearby.
- Use the fire pit and picnic table in the evening for great conversation and gazing at the stars.
- Invite friends and family to spend the night in one of the extra bedrooms.
- There are a lot of stairs at this property and some climbing which can be difficult for some.
- There are no renting options for under one week.
Wrap-Up: The Best Treehouse Rentals in Maine
I think Maine has some of the most amazing treehouses in the country. The state has stunning lakeside properties, ocean and river views, and rich, secluded forests. A perfect private setting for all nature lovers and those looking to get away from all the hustle of everyday life.
We have listed great options, including tiny cabins, spacious family options, and more. Not to mention properties with special treats like a hot tub, a spa, a private dock area, kayaking, canoeing, and many modern amenities.
You will love it no matter what Maine treehouse you pick from our list!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Maine treehouse properties have good amenities?
Yes. Most tree house rentals in Main have excellent amenities, including full kitchens, bathrooms, outdoor showers, hot tubs, access to kayaking and canoeing, and more. Family-friendly rentals have a game room, a picnic table, a private deck, board games, and even perks like a wood-fired cedar hot tub or a private outdoor hot tub.
What is the best treehouse rental for visiting Acadia National Park?
Some of the best Maine treehouses are located close to Acadia National Park, which offers many adventurous activities. Check out Treehouse near Bar Harbor, Luxurious and private! as our favorite appleton retreat in this area. The property offers two bedrooms, three queen-sized bed options, and fun activities like a sauna, grilling outside, a fire pit, a seasonal outdoor shower, and more. The only thing missing for me is a private hot tub. Bar Harbor has several more nice properties, but this was our favorite by far.
Where are the best treehouses rentals in Maine to get away from all the stress and hustle of the city?
Camp Lakefront with Canopy treehouse and Tree Dwelling w/ Water Views & wood-fired Cedar Hot Tub are our top two picks for relaxing Maine treehouse rentals. They offer seclusion, modern amenities, great views, and the opportunity to explore nearby places. Both rentals are excellent value for the money and perfect for couples. Maine woods are famous for their peace and isolation, so you are guaranteed peace.
What type of sleeping accommodations do tree house rentals in Maine offer?
In Maine, there is something for everyone. You can enjoy everything from tiny cabin treehouses to spacious three- and four-bedroom rentals. There are excellent sleeping arrangements, including rentals with a sleeping loft, masters with comfortable king-size bed options, queen-size bed options, and bedrooms with two twin beds (ideal for children). There are alos beautiful SkyView Treehouse options to check out. Check the links provided with the listing for details.
How prevalent are treehouse rentals in Maine?
Maine treehouses are close to ski resorts, harbors, lakes, beaches, mountain biking trails, and much more, which makes them popular tree house rentals and the perfect weekend getaways. These modern tree-dwelling options are great, but they also fill up fast. So book early. Find these great options on booking.com, vito.com, or Airbnb Treehouse Spinny Brook.
How much do Maine treehouse properties cost to rent?
Maine treehouse properties range from $100 to $500 per night. This depends on the size of the treehouse, location, and accommodations. Many budget-friendly options are well worth a visit, including many of the picks on this list. Most of the tree best treehouse rentals are in the $300 range.
Is Canopy treehouse one of the best Maine treehouse rentals?
Yes. This lakeside rental highlights all the natural beauty of the state. Surrounded by lush trees and next to Worromontogus Lake, the property is peaceful and romantic. It provides all the necessary amenities for a great stay and offers inside and outside activities. Hikers will also love the location because it connects to some great trails.
Where Exactly are the Treehouse Rentals Located in Maine?
The exact location can vary from coastal regions to dense forest landscapes. Treehouse rentals are located throughout the beautiful state of Maine, offering a diverse range of landscapes for guests to enjoy. Whether it’s a moonlight treehouse or a treehouse chalet, these unique accommodations always present breathtaking views and peaceful surroundings.
Last Updated on December 20, 2023 by Brian