Welcome to our comprehensive guide to the best treehouse rentals in Ohio for 2024!
My boyfriend and I have been on a quest to discover Ohio’s hidden gems, exploring cities like Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dayton, Toledo, and Akron.
Our journey took us through in-depth research, including reading countless online reviews and seeking advice from both locals and seasoned travel experts. The most important? Personally staying in these treehouses to truly capture their essence.
Our goal is to help you in effortlessly finding the perfect treehouse rental in Ohio, one that suits your style, needs, and budget. We’ve handpicked the finest treehouses, focusing on their amenities, comfort, prime locations, and outstanding value.
Whether you’re after a romantic escape, a family adventure, a luxurious getaway, or an eco-friendly retreat, we’ve got a variety of options for you. Our curated list features treehouses with breathtaking views, nestled in serene forests, or offering the ultimate luxury experience.
Let’s dive into exploring the top treehouse rentals in Ohio in 2024!
Romantic Treehouse Adult Getaway in Hocking Hills – Best Treehouse for Couples
Source: vrbo.com Romantic Treehouse Adult Getaway in Hocking Hills
My boyfriend and I are returning guests at the Hocking Hills treehouse cabins, and we always have the best romantic getaways here. The treehouse is minutes from Old Man’s Cave, Cedar Falls, and Ash Cave and is tucked on a hillside with forestry all around.
We love the cozy spaces in this treehouse, which features a queen bed in the living room, a rain shower in the indoor bathroom, and a fully-equipped kitchen. However, the best part of this treehouse is the huge windows, which are all over the house to let in maximum light.
In addition, the owner is great and communicates well with guests
throughout their stay.
So couples should definitely rent the Hocking Hills cabin for a romantic getaway or a special occasion, as it promises seclusion in the woods and is the best Ohio treehouse rental. Here’s why:
- The views: Guests will love the seclusion of this treehouse, surrounded by a beautiful forest on all sides, which guests can view from the wraparound deck, the huge windows, and the 16-foot sliding glass back door.
- The amenities: The treehouse has great amenities like a full bathroom, lots of storage space, a fully functional kitchen, LED lights outside, built-in speakers with a Bluetooth receiver, and more.
- The outdoor activities: Guests can go on nature walks and trek hiking trails in the Hocking Hills region and check out some great restaurants nearby.
We can hardly find fault with this treehouse, but the kitchen spaces and appliances weren’t very clean, and there were some cobwebs in the corners. However, the owners were very responsive and had them cleaned while we were away.
- The treehouse is cozy, well-furnished, and has all the essentials.
- The owner is very helpful and resolves guest issues quickly.
- There are great activities to try out in the Hocking Hills State Park nearby.
- The deck is terrific for taking in the forest views and relaxing with a book.
- The sofa rolls into a bed and can accommodate two people.
- The treehouse isn’t very clean in the kitchen area.
Overall, we had the best time in this rental, and we consider it the best Hocking Hills treehouse cabin for couples.
Luxury Treehouse Nestled in the Trees of Ohio’s Amish Country Lodging – Best Family Treehouse Cabin in Berlin Ohio with a Hot Tub
Source: vrbo.com Luxury Treehouse Nestled in the Trees of Ohio’s Amish Country Lodging
The Amish Country Lodging in Ohio offers some of the best treehouse rentals, and we stayed at a beautiful one on Cricket Hill. The compound is part of the Berlin woods treehouses and is surrounded on all sides by dense forestry and near a country pond.
My boyfriend and I loved this forest escape, which had a wraparound deck overlooking the forest, a two-person hot tub, and an outdoor fire pit with wooden benches for a campfire. The best part was the rustic furnishings, including a king size bed with an Amish-made pillow-top mattress, cherry hardwood floors, and gorgeous leather furniture.
In addition, the host, Jeff, was very friendly and responsive during our stay.
So make sure to book the Amish Country treehouse on your next trip, as it’s one of the best treehouse rentals in Ohio. Here’s why:
- The amenities: The treehouse has a fully-equipped kitchen, a gas fireplace, a full bathroom, an outdoor hot tub, and great outdoor furniture on the deck to lounge on.
- The comfort and convenience: The treehouse offered comfortable furnishings, a serene environment in the woods, lots of peace for relaxing and even working from home, and plenty of stores nearby.
- The views: Guests will enjoy beautiful forest and ravine views from the treehouse’s 22-foot height, which has a deck and large windows all around.
The only negative to our stay here was that we weren’t completely alone in the area, as there were neighboring treehouses close by, and we could see guests come and go around the property.
- The treehouse is clean, well-furnished, and beautiful.
- You can experience treehouse living from the many rustic amenities here.
- The treehouse is great for couples and solo travelers as it sleeps up to two people.
- There are restaurants and grocery stores nearby.
- Guests can stay warm with the hot tub, fireplace, and fire pit.
- There are guests living in other treehouses nearby, so you won’t have complete privacy here.
Overall, the Amish Country treehouses are great for small groups, couples, and solo travelers looking for a forest getaway.
The Pine Treehouse Glamping Cabin at Dragonfly Lake
Source: vrbo.com The Pine Treehouse Glamping Cabin at Dragonfly Lake
My boyfriend and I rented the Pine treehouse on a local’s recommendation and had an amazing time there. The cozy treehouse is located near Dragonfly lake, on 20 acres of private grounds at the foot of the Appalachian Mountains. So guests can explore the vast woods and try out water activities on the lake.
We loved spending time at this treehouse, which offers a great glamping experience for families and small groups with its fire pit, outdoor shower, and solar-powered resources. The best part was being so close to nature and spotting deer, ducks, geese, blue herons, and hawks on the property from the upper deck.
Our host was Natalie, who was friendly and responsive during our stay and made sure we had a great time.
So make sure to book the Pine treehouse for a fun glamping experience with your family, as it’s one of the best treehouse rentals in Ohio. Here’s why:
- The outdoor activities: Guests can try kayaking and paddle boarding on Dragonfly lake from the owner’s rental boats and fish for bluegill, bass, and catfish which frequent the waters.
- The amenities: The glamping treehouse offers great facilities for cooking with either the outdoor firepit or the BBQ grill. The treehouse also powers a mini fridge and Keurig coffee machine, and guests have access to fresh bed linens and towels.
- The comfort and convenience: Guests will enjoy sleeping on the comfortable queen bed and twin beds in the loft, taking in views of the forest from the deck, and enjoying the peaceful environment with only the sound of birds and wildlife.
The only small problem we faced while staying here was the lack of cell service and Wi-Fi signals. However, the owners informed us beforehand and offered a cell phone booster for calls when needed.
- The treehouse is clean, airy, and well-furnished.
- There are great rustic amenities like a heated outdoor shower, fire pit, and grill.
- The hosts are great and ensure guests don’t have any problems during their stay.
- Guests can try kayaking, paddle boarding, and fishing from the lake.
- There is wildlife roaming the grounds, which guests can view from a safe distance.
- There is poor cell service and Wi-Fi connectivity in the area.
- The lake access and boat rentals are shared with other guests staying on the property.
Overall, the Pine treehouse and its Dragonfly lake location offer a great glamping experience for families and small groups in Ohio.
Luxury Treehouse Getaway with Breathtaking Views – Best Luxury Cabin in Berlin Woods
Source: vrbo.com Luxury Treehouse Getaway with Breathtaking Views
My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Amish Country luxury treehouses and loved the experience. The compound includes incredible treehouse cabins perched above the forest, and we enjoyed a relaxing getaway here.
The treehouse has incredible outdoor spaces, such as a canopy bridge leading to the treehouse that feels like you’re suspended in the middle of the forest. There’s also a wraparound deck to enjoy the forest views, plus gorgeous interiors with wooden finishes, leather furniture, and comfortable living spaces.
The host was also friendly and ensured our trip was smooth.
So don’t miss the chance to book the luxury treehouse in the Amish Country, which promises seclusion in the Berlin Woods. Here’s why it’s one of the best treehouse rentals in Ohio:
- The amenities: The treehouse is fully stocked with all the necessary amenities like a fully-equipped kitchen, a king sized bed, bedroom and bathroom essentials, and an indoor tub.
- The views: Guests will enjoy taking in the treetop forest views from the covered porch and from the canopy bridge, which is suspended well above the ground.
- The attention to detail: The owners have put a lot of thought into making the treehouse unique, with beautiful wooden furnishings, clean interiors, and a cozy gas fireplace.
There’s no fault to find in this incredible treehouse, but guests should note that there are other properties nearby so they won’t have complete seclusion here.
- The treehouse is clean, airy, and well-furnished.
- The hosts are friendly and responsive during your stay.
- You can go hiking and take nature walks on the 38-acre property.
- There are restaurants and stores to explore nearby in Berlin.
- The treehouse offers breathtaking views of the property.
- Other treehouses are nearby, so you won’t have complete privacy in the woods.
Overall, the luxury treehouse in the Amish Country is a terrific rental for couples and solo travelers and one of our favorites in Ohio.
Whispering Pines Treehouse – Best Romantic Treehouse Getaway with Treetop Views
Source: airbnb.com Romantic Treehouse Getaway with Treetop Views
My boyfriend and I stayed at the Whispering Pines treehouse on a local’s recommendation and loved the experience. This adorable treehouse is nestled 22 feet in the air and offers a terrific treehouse living experience, and it’s close to downtown Berlin and Millersburg.
We loved the lush interior spaces of this treehouse, which had amenities like a two-person jetted tub, a king sized bed with an Amish-crafted pillow-top mattress, cherry hardwood floors, and much more. We especially liked the living room space, which had rustic furnishings and a stone fireplace, which was excellent for getting cozy and enjoying movie night from the flat-screen TV.
In addition, our host was Jeff, who was friendly and responsive throughout our stay.
So make sure to rent this treehouse for a romantic getaway in the woods, as it’s a terrific Ohio treehouse rental. Here’s why we consider it one of the best:
- The outdoor spaces: The treehouse has a wraparound balcony with outdoor furniture to enjoy views of the forest with a coffee or a book.
- The nearby town: The town of Berlin is nearby, where guests can explore some sixty antique and furniture shops, local stores, and great restaurants.
- The attention to detail: The hosts have made the treehouse incredibly comfortable by including a fully-equipped kitchen with an Amish-made wood table, and chair, a tiled bathroom, and shower area, and a two-person jetted tub with ceiling-high waterfall fill supplies.
The only negative to our stay here was that there were other treehouses nearby, so we couldn’t enjoy a lot of privacy here.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- The owner is friendly and responds quickly to guest issues.
- The treehouse has an outdoor gas grill for BBQs.
- The nearby town is great for shopping and dining out.
- The treehouse has all the amenities needed for a comfortable stay.
- There are other treehouses nearby which can make privacy scarce.
To sum up, the Whispering Pines treehouse is an incredible rental and one you shouldn’t miss it Ohio.
Cozy Treehouse Cabins – The Treehouse Cabin at Hocking Hills with a Hot Tub
Source: airbnb.com The Treehouse Cabin
My boyfriend and I love the Hocking Hills treehouse cabins, as they’re nestled in the woods and are gorgeous inside and out. The cozy treehouse cabin was no less, as it was on 10 acres of property in the Hocking Hills region and elevated 20 feet in the air for the best forest views.
We loved staying in this spacious treehouse which is perfect for families with younger children or large groups, as it can accommodate up to seven guests. There were also great places to relax and unwind in this treehouse, like from the upstairs loft, which also served as a sleeping area, the outdoor hot tub, and the fire pit with wooden benches.
Our host was Melinda, who ensured our stay was comfortable with her hospitality and great communication.
So make sure to rent the cozy treehouse cabin, as it’s one of the best treehouse rentals in Ohio. Here’s why:
- The amenities: The treehouse is stocked with all the amenities you’ll need, such as a full kitchen with appliances, comfortable bedding in the rooms, a flat-screen TV in every room, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- The outdoor area: Guests with children will love roaming the vast grounds, having a campfire on the fire pit, cooking meals over the charcoal grill, and enjoying meals on the 30-foot-long deck.
- The activities: Guests can drive to the Hocking Hills State Park to access the hiking trails, go on nature walks, and spot wildlife roaming the grounds.
The only problem with staying here was that the hot tub was not well-maintained, so we couldn’t use it properly.
- The treehouse is clean, well-furnished, and very spacious.
- Guests will enjoy privacy and seclusion on the property.
- The outdoor area is great for having a BBQ party or a campfire.
- The host is amazing and resolves any issues you may face.
- The porch has outdoor furniture and is ideal for taking in the views.
- The hot tub is not well-maintained or in working condition.
- The roads leading here are curved and rough so you’ll need a large vehicle to navigate them.
All in all, we loved our stay at the cozy treehouse cabin, and we recommend it to families and larger groups looking for a treehouse getaway in Ohio.
Winding Up The Best Treehouse Rentals Ohio
A trip to Ohio is incomplete without staying in its treehouses, which are nestled in secluded woods and offer seclusion from the bustling towns and cities. So you can find treehouse rentals in Ohio offering stunning forest views, equipped with modern amenities, and offering great value for money.
My boyfriend and I have tried out the best treehouses in Ohio from our travels, and you can read all about them in the above article.
Looking for the best Ohio treehouse for families? Check out the Pine treehouse at Dragonfly Lake and the cozy treehouse cabin in Hocking Hills.
Need a treehouse for a romantic getaway in Ohio? Book the Amish Country Lodge treehouse.
The treehouses in Ohio have something fun for everyone!
Top Treehouse Cabins in Ohio
|Romantic Treehouse Adult Getaway in Hocking Hills
|– Near Old Man’s Cave, Cedar Falls, Ash Cave
– Seclusion in woods with huge windows
|– Cozy, well-furnished
– Helpful owner
– Nearby activities
– Great deck views
|– Kitchen not very clean
|Luxury Treehouse Nestled in the Trees of Ohio’s Amish Country Lodging
|– Located on Cricket Hill
– Rustic furnishings with modern amenities
|– Clean, well-furnished
– Rustic amenities
– Nearby restaurants and grocery stores
|– Not completely private
|The Pine Treehouse Glamping Cabin at Dragonfly Lake
|– Near Dragonfly lake
– Glamping with wildlife views
|– Clean, well-furnished
– Rustic amenities
– Kayaking, paddle boarding, fishing
|– Poor cell and Wi-Fi connectivity
– Shared lake and boat rentals
|Luxury Treehouse Getaway with Breathtaking Views
|– Part of Berlin Woods
– Canopy bridge with forest views
|– Clean, airy, well-furnished
– Nearby hiking and shopping
– Breathtaking views
|– Other treehouses nearby
|Whispering Pines Treehouse
|– 22 feet in the air
– Near Berlin and Millersburg
|– Clean, well-maintained
– Nearby shopping and dining
– Rustic amenities
|– Other treehouses nearby
|Cozy Treehouse Cabins – The Treehouse Cabin at Hocking Hills
|– On 10 acres in Hocking Hills
– Elevated 20 feet in the air
|– Clean, well-furnished
– Vast grounds
– Nearby hiking trails
|– Unmaintained hot tub
– Rough access roads
What are the best Hocking Hills treehouse cabins?
Hocking Hills in Ohio offers some terrific treehouse rentals for couples, families, and larger groups, nestled in the woods. Among them, the cozy treehouse cabins are ideal for people looking for an outdoorsy rental in Hocking Hills, where the Romantic treehouse is your best choice for a honeymoon getaway location.
What’s the benefit of staying at the Acadia Cliffs treehouse cabin?
The Acadia Cliff treehouses are part of the Hocking Hills location and are on the same property as the Acadia Cliff Wildlife Preserve. The canopy treehouse here features great amenities like a flat-screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen, a bath with a large walk-in shower, a gas fireplace, a well-furnished covered porch, a hot tub, and much more.
What are the best White Oak treehouse rentals Ohio?
The White Oak treehouse property in Hocking Hills includes the White Oak, the Maple treehouse, the Beech treehouse, and the Hemlock, all of which are great treehouse rentals. Pete Nelson of the Treehouse Masters designs these treehouses and have terrific amenities for a comfortable getaway in the woods.
What’s special about the Cannaley treehouse village?
The Cannaley treehouse village near Toledo is a favorite rental property in Ohio that’s close to Old Man’s Cave, Cedar Falls, and Ash Cave. It’s considered the largest overnight treehouse in the US and has luxury amenities such as a secluded fire pit, an outdoor grill, and a wood fired hot tub.
What’s the benefit of staying at the Mohicans Treehouse Resort in Ohio?
This treehouse resort location features nine amazing treehouses perched on 100 acres of lush land close to the Mohican State Park. Among these, the Little Red treehouse is the most famous, with rustic amenities, forest views from its deck, and great outdoor spaces.
Why should I stay at the Sky Loft treehouse in Ohio?
As part of the infamous Berlin Woods treehouses, the Sky Loft treehouse is a terrific rental, which has amenities like a king bed, a stone jetted tub, a full kitchen,a large TV, free Wi-Fi, and a covered porch to soak in stunning treetop views of the woods.
Last Updated on January 31, 2024 by Brian