Welcome fellow nature lovers, to the best treehouses in the Blue Mountains!
My boyfriend and I love the wilderness in Australia and are always searching for a forest getaway on our trips here. So on our last visit, we scoured the area searching for the best treehouse accommodation in the Blue Mountains.
Of course, we took a lot of help from online reviews, consulted locals for their recommendations on the best treehouses, and stayed in each rental ourselves for the true treehouse experience.
So after much back and forth and roughing it out in each rental, we finally narrowed it down to two amazing treehouses nestled in the mountains, ranked on amenities, locations, views, and overall value.
Our goal with this article is to help you save time in finding the best treehouse by sharing our personal experiences.
Warning: The Blue Mountain treehouses may take your breath away and never let you leave!
Let’s check out the best Blue Mountains treehouses!
Treehouse Blue Mountains National Park – Romantic Blue Mountains Getaways
Source: airbnb.com Treehouse Blue Mountains National Park – Romantic blue mountains getaways
My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Secret treehouse in the Blue Mountains and had a fantastic time. The treehouse has an ideal location nestled high on 600 acres of private wilderness, between two National Parks and rainforest, while deep Bowen’s Creek Gorge flows nearby.
We loved the stunning interiors of this treehouse, which are accessed by a bridge, and include an open-plan living space with a queen bed, a fireplace, and floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the forest tree tops. The best part was enjoying an in cabin massage treatment from the spa, which became a highlight of our stay.
The treehouse is hosted by Lionel, who’s a great guy and ensures guests have a wonderful and unique blue mountains experience.
So book the Secret treehouse in the Blue Mountains NSW, as it’s one of the best treehouses in Australia. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The amenities: The treehouse features a spa, kitchenette for basic cooking, a cozy queen bed overlooking the floor to ceiling windows, a telescope for stargazing, an indoor hot tub, fireplace, a flat-screen TV, and a cozy couch in the living room, and much more.
- The location: This is an adult-only treehouse nestled high in the tree tops, which gives breathtaking views of the deep Bowen’s Creek Gorge and the rare Blue Mountains rainforest and offers complete peace.
- The outdoor activities: Some nearby nature attractions include the Wollemi National Park, the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage Area, the Colo River Gorge, the Grand Canyon, fire trails, mountain biking trails, and much more.
My boyfriend and I had the best time at this treehouse without any complaints. However, guests should consider that the location is hard to find and there is limited cell reception.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- The hosts are friendly and accommodating throughout your stay.
- The treehouse is in a secluded wilderness setting close to amazing national parks.
- There is a spa treatment with a hot tub inside the treehouse.
- The treehouse is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- The location is hard to find, and a difficult drive through the wilderness.
- There is limited cell reception in the area.
Overall, we had an amazing time at this luxurious treehouse, cooking gourmet local meals in the kitchen and having a relaxing back to nature experience.
Leura Tree House Blue Mountains – Best Treehouse for Families
Source: airbnb.com Leura Treehouse Blue Mountains
My boyfriend and I were looking for a treehouse to stay with our families in the Blue Mountains and came across the gorgeous Leura treehouse in New South Wales. The rental is a timber cabin and has a terrific location close to the top attractions in Leura, the Three Sisters and Scenic World.
We had an amazing family getaway at this tree house, which comfortably sleeps four people from its two master bedrooms with king beds, two bathrooms, a large kitchen, and a cozy living room. Our favorite space was the game room, which had a foosball table and arcade games, and we enjoyed a fun game night in.
In addition, the hosts are Ally and Blake, who are friendly and responsive and ensure you have a comfortable stay.
So book the Leura treehouse for a small group or family weekend, as it’s one of the best treehouses in the Blue Mountains. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The modern amenities: The treehouse features comfortable bedrooms, two bathrooms with a soaking tub, an outdoor cedar hot tub, a game room, a fully equipped kitchen, a private dining area, a spacious lounge, and a work/art room with many supplies for guest use.
- The entertainment facilities: The treehouse features a game room decked with cards and board games by the fireplace, a foosball table, a retro TMNT arcade machine, a Samsung smart 4K TV in the living room, a selection of local guidebooks, magazines, art supplies and much more.
- The location: The treehouse has a quiet location at the end of the street and is only a short drive to Leura village, which has great shops, cafes, restaurants, bars, and the train station.
The only small thing to consider before booking is that Leura Village is far from the most famous attractions in Sydney, so you need to drive a long way back as there are no Ubers or public transport facilities.
- The treehouse is immaculate, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- The hosts are friendly and accommodating.
- There are local birds like cockatoos, king parrots, and rosellas seen from the outdoor spaces.
- The hosts provide complementary goods.
- The quiet location is perfect for a relaxing vacation in the Blue Mountains.
- The remote location is far from the city and doesn’t have access to public transport or taxis.
Overall, we had a fantastic time at the Leura tree house, and we consider it a one-of-a-kind, uniquely designed treehouse for families and small groups in the Blue Mountains.
Which is the best Rare Blue Mountains Rainforest Treehouse?
The Blue Mountains treehouses are nestled among lush National Parks and close to a rare rainforest in Australia, so you can expect a gorgeous nature getaway when booking them. Some of the best treehouses are the Traveller’s treehouse Katoomba, the Secret treehouse Blue Mountains, the Enchanted Cave treehouse, and the Spicers Sangoma Retreat. These rentals offer modern amenities, secluded locations, and the best treetop views for an unmatched vacation in Australia.
Winding Up Treehouse Accommodation Blue Mountains
If you’re looking for a nature getaway in Australia, book the treehouses in the Blue Mountains, which are nestled among the trees, and offer stunning views and all the modern amenities you’re used to.
So check out the recommendations mentioned in this article for a treehouse for family, couples, or solo travelers.
Need a Blue Mountains treehouse for a family trip? Book the Leura treehouse.
Looking for a couple’s getaway treehouse? Book the Secret Garden treehouse.
The best treehouses in the Blue Mountains have something for everyone!
Last Updated on December 11, 2023 by Brian