Welcome to the best New Braunfels, Texas, treehouse rentals awards show!
My boyfriend and I searched for modern treehouse rentals in Texas and found some terrific ones in New Braunfels, which have German-Texan heritage and incredible rental accommodations. Naturally, we only wanted to find the best treehouses, so we consulted a ton of online reviews, took recommendations from locals, and tested treehouses for ourselves by staying a few days in each one.
We stayed in some great communities facing the Guadalupe River, close to Gruene, Comal River, and Dunlap and Canyon lakes, which had amazing amenities, views, and locations.
So after roughing it out in many treehouses, we finally narrowed it down to the top four rentals in New Braunfels, ranked on facilities, convenient locations, good hosts, and overall value.
Our goal with this article is to help you save time in choosing the best tree houses by sharing our personal experiences. So every treehouse mentioned below is the best of the best, and you’re guaranteed an amazing time no matter which one you choose.
Let me see the best treehouse rental in New Braunfels already!
Canyon Lake Tree House – Best Riverside Treehouse New Braunfels
Source: vrbo.com Canyon Lake Tree House – Best Treehouse Rentals
My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Canyon Lake treehouse on a local’s recommendation and had an amazing time there. The treetop house has a terrific location facing Canyon Lake, is minutes from the Guadalupe river, and has vast grounds with wildlife roaming.
We loved staying at this spacious treehouse, which has a single bedroom with a king size bed, a full kitchen, and chic 1970s-style interiors, which give it a great look. Our favorite place in the treehouse was the outdoor deck, which had a cozy swing overlooking the lake and was ideal for relaxing with a coffee or a book.
Our host was Brian, who’s an amazing guy, and he ensured our stay was smooth.
So make sure to book the Canyon lake treehouse on your next visit to Texas, as it’s one of the best New Braunfels treehouses. Here’s why:
- The outdoor activities: The rental offers Guadalupe river access from a boat launch opposite the treehouse, which is great for swimming, inner tubing, and boating.
- The outdoor spaces: The treehouse has a beautiful deck with a tree growing through it, an outdoor dining area, a tree swing, and floor-to-ceiling glass windows overlooking the water and greenery below.
- The amenities: The treehouse has great amenities for guests to enjoy, like an indoor fireplace, a gas grill on the outdoor deck for BBQs, a fully-equipped kitchen, a washer/dryer, and great outdoor furniture.
We had a great time at this treehouse and could hardly find fault with our stay. However, guests should note that stone steps leading to this treehouse go uphill and are difficult to climb, especially if someone has mobility issues.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and stocked with all the essentials.
- Water views are enjoyed from the deck and every window in the house.
- The spacious outdoor spaces offer privacy and stunning views of the lake.
- Guests can enjoy many water activities from the boat launch and river below.
- The host is friendly, responsive, and attentive.
- The numerous stone steps leading to the treehouse are difficult to climb.
Overall, we had an amazing time at the Canyon lake treehouse, and we highly recommend it to families, couples, and solo travelers looking for a waterfront hideaway.
Robinson Crusoe Treetop on the River – Best New Braunfels Family Tree House on the Guadalupe River
Source: vrbo.com Robinson Crusoe Treetop on the River
My boyfriend and I are returning guests at the Tree Top house facing the Guadalupe river, as it’s a terrific New Braunfels treehouse rental. The treehouse is close to the river, next to the famous Rockin R for river tubing, and minutes from Gruene Hall for great outdoor dining and wineries.
We’ve had great times with friends and family at this treehouse, as its two levels, with three bedrooms and two full baths can easily accommodate up to eight people. The treehouse also has two wraparound decks on each level, a private treehouse deck accessible from the master bedroom, cozy living spaces, and incredible water views from each room.
The hosts are Michael and Christina, who are friendly and responsive throughout your stay.
So make sure to book the Robinson Crusoe Tree Top house on your next family vacation, as it’s one of the best New Braunfels tree houses. Here’s why:
- The water activities: Guests will love the Rockin R, which takes you to the river, and you can tube yourselves back to the treehouse. There’s also great boating, fishing, and swimming from the river facing the treehouse.
- The comfort and convenience: The treehouse offers privacy, closeness to the water and Gruene Hall, stunning views from the private deck, comfortable furniture on each level, and many touches make it an ideal place to stay.
- The outdoor spaces: The treehouse has great patio furniture, a spacious covered area below the treehouse for outdoor dining, a brand-new grill, a picnic table with ample seating, and a private backyard with river access.
Although we had a peaceful time at this treehouse, future guests should note that the treehouse is located amidst commercial properties, with construction going on often, so there will be an intrusion in the peace.
- The treehouse is beautifully furnished, clean, and well-maintained.
- The location is close to Gruene Hall for great wineries, dine-outs, and shopping.
- The hosts are friendly and responsive.
- There are cozy outdoor spaces to enjoy the private views.
- The river nearby offers fun water activities.
- The treehouse is in a commercial area with construction going on often, so it will get loud sometimes.
Overall, the Robinson Crusoe Tree Top house is an incredible rental and one of the best treehouses in New Braunfels for families.
Cloud 9 Tree Haus on Cloud Lane – Best Couples Treehouse Rentals New Braunfels Texas
Source: airbnb.com Cloud 9 Tree Haus on Cloud Lane
My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Cloud 9 Tree Haus for a romantic getaway and had a fantastic time. The treehouse is one of four on Cloud Lane, has shared pool access, and is close to the Guadalupe river on Lake Dunlap, Gruene Hall, and Schlitterbahn Waterpark.
The cozy treehouse sleeps two people comfortably from a queen size bed in a walk-up loft, has a fully equipped kitchen, and has a covered patio for outdoor dining and taking in views of the sheltered community. Our favorite part was the treehouse’s private boat ramp, which was great for fishing, boating, and swimming.
In addition, the treehouse is hosted by Tom, who makes sure your stay is comfortable with his hospitality and communication.
So book the Cloud nine treehouse for a couple’s weekend in New Braunfels, as it’s one of the best treehouses. Here’s why:
- The swimming pool: The community has a walk-in shared swimming pool with 17 swim-up bar stools and shallow and deep ends for kids and adults alike to swim in. There’s also a children’s playground and cabana nearby.
- The amenities: The treehouse has a large futon sofa for an extra sleeping room, a kitchenette with basic utensils and appliances, a full bathroom with a walk-in shower, great outdoor furniture, a charcoal BBQ grill, and a fire pit underneath the tree house.
- The spaces: The treehouse has comfortable living spaces, such as the cozy sleeping loft, a galleria-style living, dining, and kitchen area, a covered patio overlooking the water, and a shared community space for BBQs.
The only small negative to our stay here was that the pull-out couches for extra sleepers were uncomfortable and not easy to sleep on if you had more than two people staying.
- The treehouse is well-maintained, comfortable, and has all the essential amenities.
- The host is responsive and attentive throughout your stay.
- The swimming pool area has great facilities, a playground and is good for all ages.
- The treehouse is close to great restaurants, stores, and wineries.
- Great outdoor amenities like a grill, hot tub, and nice furniture exist.
- The sleeper sofas are uncomfortable.
- The treehouse is located next to a junkyard which takes away from its overall value.
To sum up, the Cloud 9 tree house is a great rental for couples and small groups looking for a private getaway in New Braunfels, TX.
Redwood Tree Haus on Cloud Lane
Source: airbnb.com Redwood Tree Haus – Cloud Lane
Enjoy a modern treetop getaway from the Redwood Tree Haus on Cloud Lane, our favorite rental for small groups and families. The treehouse easily accommodates four people and is a sister treehouse to the Cloud 9, with similar amenities but much more space and a stunning view.
We loved staying at this treehouse with some friends, as it has a homely interior, a gallery-style living and kitchen area, and is directly in front of the swimming pool for uninterrupted access to the water. Our favorite space was the fully equipped kitchen with a snug window facing the living area and bar seating, where we enjoyed making many meals and entertaining.
In addition, the host was great and ensured we had a comfortable stay here.
So make sure to book this relaxing treehouse, as it’s one of the best treehouse rentals in New Braunfels, Texas. Here’s why:
- The amenities: The treehouse has great amenities from its complete kitchen, two full bedrooms and bathrooms with linens and towels, a TV in the master bedroom, outdoor seating on the covered deck, and a seating area below with a barbecue grill.
- The community spaces: The treehouse faces the pool and cabana, so you have easy access to them at any time; plus, the playground is also nearby, so families with children can enjoy it.
- Nearby attractions: Some great places like Schlitterbahn Waterpark, Gruene, and Floating the Rivers, plus great shops, restaurants, and wineries, are two to four miles away.
The only negative to our stay here was the treehouse had minimal privacy since it was close to the community spaces, so we could see and hear other guests at all times.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and has all the amenities.
- The interior spaces are great for families with younger children.
- The treehouse is within walking distance of the community amenities.
- There are great spaces to entertain below the treehouse with BBQ grills, hot tubs, and seating.
- The hosts are responsive and attentive throughout your stay.
- The front door has no coverage, which makes for minimal privacy.
- There are trees and dirt above the redwood, which makes a roof leak possible in hard rains.
Overall, we had a fun time at the Redwood Tree Haus and would recommend it to families with children and small groups looking for modern treehouse rentals in New Braunfels, Texas.
Are there good treehouse cabins in New Braunfels, Texas?
If you’re looking for the best treehouse cabins in New Braunfels, Texas, book the River Road treehouses, which are near the Guadalupe river, and provide great access to water activities like blue ribbon trout fishing, boating, and swimming. These treehouse cabins also ensure complete privacy in the River Road community and have the best rustic amenities for a real treehouse living experience.
What are the Best Lake Dunlap treehouse rentals?
The Cloud Lane treehouses, cabins, and lodges are some of the best tree houses on Lake Dunlap, as they’re a short walk to the Guadalupe river, offer great modern amenities and community shared spaces like a pool, playground, cabana and hot tub. You can find treehouses for couples, families, and large groups here, guaranteeing privacy and a great location.
Should I visit the Las Palmas Tree Haus in New Braunfels Texas?
Among the terrific Cloud Lane treehouses is the Las Palmas treehouse, which is a great rental for a family vacation. The spacious treehouse can sleep up to eight people and has a full kitchen, a snug living room, and a deck. So whether you’re vacationing with a large family or groups of friends, the Las Palmas Tree Haus is a great rental.
What are the best treehouse hotels in New Braunfels, Texas?
Guests looking for a treehouse hotel in Texas will love the modern treehouse communities in New Braunfels, such as River Road and Cloud Lane. These treehouse hotels face the water, are close to town, and offer privacy in their secluded settings, with 24-hour access to community facilities and hosts.
Winding Up The Best Tree House Rentals New Braunfels Texas
Folks looking for terrific Texas Hill Country treehouse rentals should head to New Braunfels, as it has the best treetop accommodations, treehouse hotels, and modern facilities. So make sure to check out the getaways mentioned in this article for the best treehouses for you and your family in New Braunfels.
Looking for the best New Braunfels tree houses for your family? Book the Robinson Crusoe treehouse and the Redwood treehouse.
Need a treehouse for a couple’s getaway in New Braunfels? Try the Cloud 9 treehouse.
The best tree house rentals in New Braunfels have something for everyone!
Last Updated on October 27, 2023 by Brian