Welcome to our detailed guide to the best treehouse rentals in Portland, Oregon for 2024!
My boyfriend and I spent weeks discovering treehouses all around Portland. We explored local neighborhoods, the beautiful surrounding forests, and the scenic areas along the Willamette River.
In our search for the perfect treehouses, we did a lot of research. We read many online reviews and got advice from Portland locals and travel experts.
The most exciting part? We actually stayed in these treehouses to really understand what they offer.
Our goal is to simplify your search for the ideal treehouse rental in Portland, one that matches your style, needs, and desire for a unique experience. We’ve picked the top treehouses, considering their amenities, comfort, and locations, all while focusing on eco-friendliness and sustainable living.
Whether you’re looking for a romantic escape, a family adventure, a luxurious stay, or an eco-friendly retreat in nature, we’ve got options for you. Our selections include treehouses with incredible forest views, cozy interiors, and close proximity to local attractions.
Let’s start exploring Portland, Oregon’s best treehouse rentals for an unforgettable stay!
Source: Vrbo.com EAGLE’S NEST: Ocean View, treehouse Oregon Court
The Eagles Nest Tree House – The Ultimate Romantic Getaway for Couples with Ocean View
Source: Vrbo.com EAGLE’S NEST: Ocean View, treehouse Oregon Coast
My boyfriend and I loved staying at this incredible treehouse rental on the ocean edge of Neahkahnie Mountain. The Eagles Nest tree house is a spacious two-bed, one-and-a-half bath with a stunning view of the Pacific and nearby several beaches and state parks. In essence, it’s a Portland treehouse hotel quality rental.
We loved spending time on the balcony and exploring the undeveloped forest hiking trails. Manzanita Beach and Short Sand Beach were amazing. We spent some time kayaking and wind-surfing while soaking up the sun. There were many great restaurants nearby. I appreciated the full kitchen, where we prepared our meals.
Eagles Nest tree house is one of the most amazing tree houses close to Portland. Here is why you will love staying here:
- The View: This perfect Portland sleeps treehouse overlooks the ocean and provides panoramic views of lush forests, mountains, and water.
- The location: The tree house rental is a short drive from Manzanita Beach, Sunset Beach, Oswald West State Park, and Cape Falcon Trailhead. It’s also close to several grocery stores and restaurants.
- Amenities: This Portland treehouse is spacious and all yours! It has a private entrance, full bathroom, fully equipped kitchen, wood stove, outdoor eating area, and spacious living room.
This gem is one of the top treehouse rentals in Oregon and our favorite Portland treehouse. However, the rental is in a residential area with neighbors and other rentals. It’s not as secluded as some of the Oregon treehouse rentals.
- Head to the beach for kayaking, swimming, and soaking up the sun.
- Explore downtown Portland for unique shops and restaurants.
- Go hiking, biking, and bird watching on the nearby trails.
- Prepare a romantic meal and watch the sunset from the balcony.
- Watch the stars from your bed through the glass bedroom ceiling.
- The tree house rental is in a residential neighborhood and less secluded than most Oregon treehouses.
Wald House PDX – The Best Family Treehouse Hotels in the Tranquil West Hills Forests
Source: Airbnb.com Wald House PDX – Featured on Dwell, Portland sleeps
The Wald House PDX location is amazing, with a lush West Hills forest and the Marquam Nature park nearby. It’s one of the perfect treehouse vacation rentals for families of up to five, but we loved staying here alone.
This treehouse rental has two bedrooms and a comfortable bathroom with a bathtub and rain shower head. I loved the oversized windows with lots of natural sunlight. We also ate and grilled on the spacious forest surrounding the deck. We spent a lot of time biking and hiking in the area and loved visiting the nearby Portland restaurants. We took a trip to Willamette valley near Salem and loved the adventure.
This place is one of the top Oregon treehouse rentals for nature lovers. Here are three reasons to book this property right away:
- Amenities: The tree house has all the comforts of home, including a spacious deck, washer and dryer, fully equipped kitchen, and sample and clean decor.
- Nature activities: You don’t need a car to enjoy great hikes, biking trails, bird watching, and wildlife exploring around the tree house.
- Location: The treehouse rental is minutes away from the City, with several great trails and biking paths like the Marquam Trail.
This rental is a top treehouse Portland Airbnb for small families and couples. It’s easily one of our favorite Oregon treehouses. It is a multi-level home, so be prepared for stairs. Some living room furniture needs upgrading, but that didn’t bother us.
- Go for a fun hike right off the property.
- Enjoy your morning coffee to the sound of the trees and the birds.
- Read a good book next to the oversized windows with a forest view.
- Check out the Portland nightlife just minutes away from the property.
- Some furniture needs updating, and the Wi-Fi is weak in some parts of the house.
The Izer Treehouse – Secluded Glamping Adventure Overlooking Bull Run River Canyon
Source: Airbnb.com The Izer Treehouse Glamping adventure, tree house Airbnb Portland
This place was our favorite off-the-grid treehouse Oregon offers. The treehouse rental overlooks Bull Run River Canyon, an ideal sight each morning with my coffee. There is a beautiful birds-eye-view with a newly constructed backyard bar on the deck. I love the upstairs loft with an incredibly clean and comfortable bed that felt luxurious.
Even though this is an off-the-grid treehouse, there is still lots of drinking water to wash your face and teeth. A battery generator provides light during nighttime and an impeccably clean composting sawdust outhouse.
This rental is not one of the tree house hotels offered, so prepare for a glamping experience without TV, Wi-Fi, and other accommodations. This is a perfect way to relax. We visited Mount hood and had a great day outdoors.
This is an awesome treehouse Portland Airbnb choice for camping lovers. My boyfriend and I loved how time slowed down in this relaxing atmosphere. Here are some more reasons to visit this tree house:
- Glamping experience: This treehouse rental is perfect for unplugging and relaxing in a peaceful natural environment. Yet it still has all the necessities for a comfortable stay.
- Nearby trails: There are many great opportunities to explore the forests and many Mt. Hood forest hiking trails to get lost.
- City activities: Being close to Sandy and Portland, Oregon, there are great donut shops, coffee huts, and restaurants for home-like comfort.
We loved staying at this original glamping tree house. But keep in mind this is not a treehouse resort. You will enjoy the property very much if you don’t mind having limited power and no modern bathroom.
- Have a peaceful breakfast while listening to the surrounding woods.
- Take a hike and visit Mount Hood for outdoor activities.
- Treat yourself to some wonderful donuts and coffee nearby.
- Cuddle up in the luxury bed in the loft and read a good book.
- Using the outdoor outhouse at night can be an adventure, so bring a flashlight.
Wine Country Treehouse – Ideal Group Getaway by Treehouse Master Pete Nelson
Airbnb.com Airbnb Wine Country treehouse and Herbal Farm location
This Portland treehouse was an amazing stay for our close friends and us. The three-bedroom home slept up to six guests and was perfect for the four of us. It has all the comforts of home, including an electric fireplace, fire pit, and great BBQ grill. We appreciated the fully equipped kitchen and modern floor-to-ceiling windows.
We loved visiting the unique surroundings, including the winery (minutes away from the tree house), farm-styled cafe, and lavender fields. We even did some berry picking at a small family farm nearby. The hosts were really friendly in helping us find creative activities.
This Portland treehouse is a perfect getaway with friends. Check out some more great reasons to visit:
- Unique activities: The tree house is near a winery, lavender fields, a farm cafe, and berry-picking farms. There are plenty of great activities to enjoy with friends.
- Modern amenities: The rental has all the accommodations of a home, including modern appliances, a great fire pit, an electric fireplace, and a grill.
- Location: Asides from enjoying the farm activities, there is a great nearby viewpoint and some nice walking paths to enjoy the wildlife and birds.
This place is one of the best Oregon treehouse rentals to visit with friends. However, it is not secluded, and the hosts share the driveway. We didn’t mind this because they were super nice.
- Take a tour of the winery.
- Walk the relaxing lavender fields.
- Go berry picking on the local farms.
- Gather around the fire pit and enjoy a night under the stars.
- The hosts live on the property and share a driveway.
Tiny, Serene Art-Filled Treehouse – Cozy Mt. Tabor Treehouse for Art-Loving Couples
Source: Airbnb.com Tiny, Serene Art Filled Treehouse Portland, Oregon, sleeps
This rental is one of the best quirky treetop cabins in Portland. It’s prompted upon an apple tree and consists of a super comfortable and cozy bedroom. In the morning, the host serves a mini breakfast on the patio.
We enjoyed soaking up the sun in their private backyard, a great resting point between our activities. If you stay more than one night, the host will let you use the indoor shower.
This spot is one of the funkiest and most unique Portland treehouse rentals. Here is why adventure lovers will want to stay here:
- New experience: This comfortable, clean, fun tiny rental is great for a cozy glamping stay.
- Friendly host: The host prepares a healthy breakfast on the patio in the private backyard.
- Location: This Mt. Tabor treehouse location is perfect for exploring trails and nearby nature.
If you want a Portland treehouse hotel experience, skip this rental. This is a glamping experience in the host’s backyard.
- Spend the night in a unique, comfortable bedroom in an apple tree.
- Enjoy the healthy breakfast the host serves outside.
- Head to Mt. Tabor for incredible views and tails.
- Explore Portland within walking distance.
- This Portland treehouse doesn’t have a shower. The host will let you use their shower if you stay multiple nights.
Tree House in the City – Urban Couples Getaway by Pete Nelson in Quiet Neighborhood
Source: Airbnb.com Tree House in the City, downtown Portland
This Treehouse Master – Pete Nelson treehouse is carefully planned, comfortable, and perfect for a romantic getaway. The one-bed, one-bath has many comforts of home including a kitchenette with a fridge, coffee maker, and microwave. A lush forest surrounds a beautiful balcony. We ate meals and had drinks here whenever we could.
We loved using the Marshall Park trail system and venturing to Tryon Creek State Park.
This place is one of the great Oregon treehouse rentals for couples looking to relax and unwind. Book this property because:
- Unique design:
- Great location:
- Outdoor activities:
We chose this treehouse as one of the best Oregon treehouse rentals because of its incredible design and surroundings. However, the property lacks appliances like laundry, a stove, and air conditioning.
Yeti’s Tree House – Enchanting Forest Hideaway with Zip Line for Couples
Source: Vrbo.com Yeti’s Tree House, Magical forest treehouse, Portland, Oregon, sleeps
My boyfriend and I loved staying at this magical treehouse just 10 minutes from downtown Portland. It’s a whimsical treetop cabin with wood paneling inside, beautiful skylights, a loft bedroom, and an electric fireplace. It has all the basic amenities, including a stove and laundry.
The treehouse rental is a one-bed, one-bath, but it can sleep up to six people, so it’s also a good option for families.
I loved the hammock, outdoor eating area, and outdoor shower (perfect for cooling off in the summer!) My boyfriend also loved the zip line to the woods below the tree house. Acres of old-growth trees surround this property, which makes our stay relaxing and peaceful.
This place is one of the top treehouse rentals in Oregon for romantic getaways and small families. Here are three reasons why you should book it now:
- Secluded location: The treehouse rental surrounds an old-growth forest with great native plants, birds, and wildlife.
- Nearby activities: Downtown Portland is minutes away, and great attractions are nearby, like the Portland Japanese Garden, Washington Park, Wildwood Trail, and more.
- Cabin charm: This cabin is it if you are looking for authentic Portland sleeps. It is cozy, clean, and simple, with fun details like the outdoor shower and zip line.
This rental is one of the simple treehouses Oregon has to offer, and we loved the secluded cabin feel. However, we did have some issues with the hot water because it took a long time to heat up each time we used it.
- Explore the native trees and plants on the large property.
- Enjoy your morning coffee to the sound of the chirping birds around you.
- Check out the nearby hiking trails and parks.
- Enjoy outdoor eating and grilling.
- This tree house rental didn’t have enough hot water for our needs.
Top Treehouse Getaways in Portland
|Eagles Nest Tree House
|Ocean view, 2-bed, 1.5-bath, near beaches & parks
|Beach activities, nearby attractions, sunset from balcony, starry bedroom ceiling
|Wald House PDX
|2-bedroom, forest setting, modern windows, near Portland
|Local hikes, forest views, nearby nightlife
|Furniture needs update, weak Wi-Fi
|The Izer Treehouse
|Overlooking Bull Run River Canyon, off-the-grid, loft bed
|Peaceful environment, nearby attractions, unique stay
|Outdoor outhouse, flashlight needed at night
|Wine Country Treehouse
|3-bedroom, electric fireplace, near winery & lavender fields
|Wine tours, lavender fields, fire pit evenings
|Shared driveway with hosts
|Tiny, Serene Art-Filled Treehouse
|Bedroom in an apple tree, breakfast served, near Mt. Tabor
|Breakfast on patio, nearby trails, city exploration
|No shower (available on multiple nights stay)
|Tree House in the City
|Designed by Pete Nelson, kitchenette, balcony, near parks
|(Not detailed in provided data)
|No laundry, stove, or air conditioning
|Yeti’s Tree House
|Whimsical design, skylights, loft bedroom, zip line, sleeps up to 6
|Native trees exploration, nearby hikes, outdoor activities
|Hot water issues
Wrapping Up: The Best Portland Oregon Treehouse Rentals
Portland, Oregon, treehouses are some of the most beautiful hideaways in the country. Rich forests surround these treehouse rentals, ocean views, mountains, and great city life.
So if you want to get away from everyday stress and spend a few days relaxing in nature, head to the secluded Portland, Oregon treehouses.
My boyfriend and I have had an amazing time in the incredible treehouses mentioned in this article, as each has a unique and peaceful stay to offer.
Read our suggestions carefully because your perfect Portland treehouse is on this list, guaranteed!
What are the best romantic treehouse rentals Oregon has to offer?
The Eagles Nest Tree House is the most romantic Tree House for couples, and it has an ocean view. This portland treehouse has luxury amenities and access to multiple beaches nearby.
Another great Portland treehouse for couples is the Izer Treehouse, which offers couples a treehouse glamping adventure with a stunning view overlooking the Bull Run River Canyon.
What’s the best Portland rental for an Airbnb treehouse glamping adventure?
If you are looking for the perfect treehouse Portland Oregon has for glamping, look no further than the Izer Treehouse. This place is also the best off-the-grid treehouse Oregon has to offer. This treehouse rental is perfect for unplugging and relaxing. Still, it has the necessities for a comfortable stay, like drinking water and a battery generator for lights.
What’s the best tree house Portland Oregon has listed on Airbnb Portland for families?
The Wald House PDX is the best family Treehouse Hotels rental in the Tranquil West Hills Forests. The Portland treehouse offers two bedrooms, a comfortable bathroom with a bathtub and rain shower head, oversized windows, and a spacious deck. The location is great for nature lovers, with several great trails and biking paths like the Marquam Trail.
What are the amenities a Portland treehouse offers?
Portland combines treehouse hotels, resort options, and secluded treehouses with off-the-grid features. The luxurious amenities include a hot tub, outdoor shower, fire pit, fireplace, grill, and outdoor eating areas with great views. Simpler options include standard appliances, outdoor eating areas, and full bathroom facilities.
What are the Top Treehouse Hotels in Portland for a Unique Stay?
The Eagles Nest Tree House and Wald House PDX are top treehouse hotels in Portland. Eagles Nest offers ocean views and luxury amenities, while Wald House PDX, featured on Airbnb, provides a tranquil forest experience near Portland’s city attractions.
Where Can I Find a Treehouse Resort Experience in Oregon?
For a treehouse resort experience in Oregon, check out the Izer Treehouse near Portland, offering a glamping adventure with views of the Bull Run River Canyon. Southern Oregon Treehouse Resort is another option, known for its unique treehouse accommodations amidst Oregon’s natural beauty.
Are There Any Treehouse Rentals on the Oregon Coast Available on Airbnb?
Yes, there are treehouse rentals on the Oregon Coast available on Airbnb. The Eagles Nest Tree House, close to the Oregon Coast, provides a scenic ocean view and is easily accessible for a coastal treehouse stay.
Last Updated on January 25, 2024 by Brian