Welcome to the best treehouse rentals Atlanta has to offer!
Last year, my boyfriend and I fell in love with Atlanta, Georgia. We decided to spend a few weeks on the road for this year’s vacation and explore all the fantastic Atlanta treehouse rentals. Thanks to online reviews, local recommendations, and consulting several travel agencies, we found some unique Atlanta treehouses.
Our adventure opened our eyes to rentals in downtown Atlanta, a private forest escape location, a cozy mountain retreat, and several luxury treehouse locations perfect for the ultimate romantic getaway.
We researched and stayed at each tree house rental to experience firsthand what it offers.
This article can help you save time and money and ease your stress about picking the perfect Atlanta treehouse for you.
We based our top picks on location, amenities, view, overall service, and experience. That’s why these pics are the best of the best. No matter which one you pick, we guarantee you will love it!
Source: Airbnb.com Secluded Intown Treehouse
Treasure Hunt Treehouse in Metro Atlanta, Georgia (secluded treehouse overlooking creek)
Source: Vrbo.com Treasure Hunt Treehouse
We fell in love with the Treasure Hunt Tree House outside Atlanta, Georgia. It’s a modern treehouse with one bedroom, one full bathroom, a kitchenette, a dining area, and a gorgeous wraparound porch and hammock deck. The rope bridge connects the two sides of the tree house and is surrounded by bamboo forest trees. The queen bed is incredibly comfortable with memory foam and bamboo linen sheets.
This rental is one of the most romantic Atlanta treehouse rentals, where they planned every detail. My favorite was the solar lights in mason jars hanging everywhere for a perfect romantic outside evening. We spent nights watching the stars, eating in the outdoor seating area, and enjoying drinks and conversation surrounded by beautiful nature. I loved listening to the birds with my morning coffee.
The Vrbo Treasure Hunt treehouse was a perfect couples’ getaway. Here are three more reasons why its one of the best ATL treehouse rentals:
- The treasure hunt: This Vrbo treehouse hides a surprise. An escape room game is built into the two tree houses with many puzzles and games to entertain you. For us, it was a great evening activity.
- The Location: Located only 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta, the location offers excellent nearby restaurants, theme parks, the zoo, museums, and more.
- The View: The tree house is surrounded by a bamboo forest, with trees nestled against the porch and lounging areas. This rental is a top luxury treehouse with excellent day and night views.
We loved the metro Atlanta location of this rental, and it took work to find any faults. If we had to choose a downside, it would be the rope bridge. Though we loved using it during the day, and it gave the property a unique charm, it takes time to navigate at night and when sleepy.
- Enjoy the secluded treehouse overlooking the creek area and enjoy the birds and water sounds while reading or having your morning coffee.
- The tree house is clean, perfectly furnished, and cozy.
- Relax on the wraparound balcony and swing in the hammock with a good book.
- Take a short drive to the intown Atlanta area for excellent restaurants, theme parks, and museums.
- Play the escape room game and solve the puzzles for a fun and romantic evening.
- The kitchenette could use more amenities so that we could cook our meals.
- The rope bridge can get tricky at night or if you prefer to avoid heights.
Atlanta, Georgia: Alpaca Treehouse in the Private Bamboo Forest location
Source: Airbnb.com Atlanta Alpaca Treehouse
My boyfriend and I had a fantastic weekend at the Alpaca treehouse Airbnb Atlanta. The east Atlanta treehouse is a one-bedroom, One-and-a half bath with a beautiful loft and queen bed. On the large farm property are also two other Ilama treehouse Atlanta properties for larger families. The area is spacious and surrounded by bamboo forest areas, giving everyone lots of privacy. These cozy treetop lodges are famous and featured on shows like the World’s Most Amazing Vacation Rentals. For us, this was the best Airbnb treehouse escape.
I loved the modern amenities and private backyard with a fire pit. We used the fire pit a lot and loved roasting marshmallows and hot dogs under the night sky. We also enjoyed all the animals, including Llamas, chickens, and donkeys. The small animal rescue made this a different unique ATL treehouse location. This Atlanta Alpaca treehouse Airbnb rental is a great option all year round.
Book the Atlanta Alpaca Treehouse for your next Airbnb Georgia treehouse. It’s one of the unique Atlanta treehouses because:
- The location: Nestled in east Atlanta Village, this treehouse is in a quiet neighborhood and is part of a working farm. Yet great restaurants and bars are nearby, from tacos to sushi and fine dining.
- The view: The Atlanta Alpaca treehouse is part of a farm with an excellent bamboo forest surrounding the residence. Wherever you look, you can see exotic bamboo shoots and leaves. Also, you can hear the animals, including the morning roster call.
- The amenities: The luxury treehouse has a Keurig coffee machine, resort access, a private patio, a private backyard, a fire pit, an outdoor dining area, free parking, and more.
As one of the best treehouse vacation rentals, the Alpaca Treehouse has few faults. I would have preferred a full kitchen and a washer for our clothing.
- Gather around the fire pit and enjoy an evening under the stars.
- Use the private patio to BBQ and enjoy some privacy.
- Visit the animals and feed the chickens as you walk around the working farm and private bamboo forest.
- The treehouse east Atlanta location is perfect for walks to restaurants, bars, and other urban content.
- The house is clean and well-furnished, and the hosts are friendly and accommodating.
- There are a lot of stairs which is difficult to carry things up and down.
- I would have preferred a full kitchen to make some of our meals.
Oasis Treehouse Atlanta GA (Oak Treehouse in the Canopy)
Source: Vrbo.com Oasis Treehouse Atlanta location
The Oasis Treehouse is another amazing east Atlanta village sleeps location. My boyfriend and I enjoyed the one-bedroom (and a loft with a queen bed), one-bathroom cabin with a gorgeous balcony. This cozy oak treehouse is built on a stable large oak tree surrounded by lush canopy leaves. The treehouse has a great outdoor shower, air conditioning, wireless internet, and an outside seating area.
It’s one of our top tree house rentals ga due to the location. From here, we easily and quickly visited the Atlanta Zoo, Fernbank Museum of Natural History, World of Coca-Colaand the CNN center.
Our stay at the Oasis Treehouse (Oak treehouse) was a great experience. It’s one of our favorite treehouse rentals because:
- The Amenities: The treehouse comprises a beautifully furnished space with a great deck, outdoor shower, seating area, air conditioning, and parking space.
- The Location: This east Atlanta treehouse is close to the zoo, museums, and great restaurants and bars.
- The outdoor space: Feel free to use the outdoor space to BBQ, and enjoy the peace under the stars.
The only negative I can think of at this Atlanta tree house would be the long bridge leading to the entrance. Navigating the bridge can be tricky, especially with all your stuff and at night.
- Easily visit some of Atlanta’s best sites and restaurants with a short car ride.
- The host is terrific and ensures guests have a great time.
- The furniture is clean and well-kept, and the bed is incredibly comfortable.
- Use the outdoor shower to cool off and relax in privacy.
- Use the nearby metro Atlanta to explore the city and get around fast.
- The long bridge can be hard to navigate.
- A full kitchen would have allowed us to cook some of our meals.
Buckhead Treehouse Atlanta, GA /Carriage House
Source: Vrbo.com Buckhead Treehouse Atlanta GA
The Buckhead Treehouse is perfect for up to four guests, but my boyfriend and I stayed alone and made it a romantic weekend adventure. There is a beautiful loft sleeping area with a king-size bed. This is a great Atlanta treehouse rental with excellent amenities, a great location, and lots of privacy. We made full use of the outside lawn area and enjoyed BBQuing.
The North Buckhead location is perfect and close to Lenox Square, Perimeter Mall, and Cobb Galleria Centre. We had a great time exploring the area.
Make sure to book the Buckhead Treehouse if you are looking for a friendly rental close to great restaurants and shopping. Here are three reasons we loved it:
- The outdoor activities: Surrounded by trees, the outside seating area is private and great for having a BBQ.
- Indoor comforts: The inside is perfectly decorated with modern and colorful details. The furniture is new, clean and comfortable.
- The location: It’s easy to find great restaurants and bars just a few minutes away. We loved visiting the Cobb Galleria Centre and several shopping malls.
We had a great time at this rental. But if I find a fault, it’s not as secluded as some of the properties. It’s in a residential area, and there is some traffic noise.
- The house is clean, comfortable nicely furnished.
- The hosts are attentive and accommodating, and easy to communicate with.
- The loft is cozy and private and has a beautiful king-size sleeping area.
- The outside seating area is perfect for having morning coffee or a BBQ.
- The treehouse is in a residential area and lacks some privacy.
Rockethouse Urban Glass Tree House Atlanta, GA (West Midtown Atlanta Gem)
Source: Airbnb.com Rockethouse Urban Glass Tree House
The Rockethouse Urban Glass Tree House accommodates up to 7 people with tree beds, two bedrooms, and two bathrooms. It’s perfect for family time and has a beautiful glass rail balcony. This was our favorite west midtown property, and we had a great time sharing it with a couple of our friends. I particularly loved the modern kitchen with great appliances. We made some great meals (there’s an induction cooktop) and enjoyed our evenings under the stars.
The property is clean and very modern. There is a gorgeous city skyline view, a lovely outdoor patio area, and amenities like a dishwasher, washer/dryer, free parking, WiFi, TV, and more.
The Urban Glass Tree House was our favorite west midtown Atlanta sleeps because:
- Amenities: The property has all modern amenities great if there are a lot of people staying, including a dishwasher, full kitchen TV, and washer and dryer.
- The location: The house is tucked away for privacy and surrounded by trees, but still very close to restaurants, stores, and bars.
- Comfort: The style of the property is beautiful, with artwork and mid-century living—lots of terrific amenities, comfortable furniture, and easy access.
It’s one of the more spacious tree house rentals we visited. We had a great time with our friends. However, it is not as secluded as a lot of the other properties. Be prepared to be close to city accommodations and noise.
- Very comfortable with all the amenities you could need.
- Close to great restaurants, shopping, and bars.
- Dennis is a great professional host.
- Very spacious and comfortable for larger groups of people.
- There is a beautiful balcony space for peaceful outdoor dining.
- This is a city location, with close-by neighbors, and lacks some privacy.
- There is some traffic noise if you are a light sleeper.
The ATL Treehouse with hot tub/ heated space (The treehouse hotel Atlanta experience)
Source: Airbnb ATL Treehouse with hot tub
We stayed at this luxurious hotel like a tree house that sits in a 400 yr old oak tree, and we loved every minute of it. The property offers modern accommodations like a hot tub, private chef, massage options, and a mixologist (class available). I loved using the hot tub. The hot tub is shared among five small rentals on the property but is seldom used. So I didn’t mind.
This Airbnb secluded intown treehouse with a hot tub is a high-end treehouse experience. Here’s why we loved it:
- High-end service: Have a relaxing couples massage or a perfectly prepared meal by a professional chef.
- Comfort and cleanliness: The property is spotless, professionally cleaned, and maintained.
- Great location: The treehouses are in a quiet, leafy neighborhood close to downtown Atlanta. Secluded, yet close to downtown excitement.
There are five cabins available, which means there are other guests. The hot tub is shared, and you must book massages and other services ahead of time.
- Only 15 minutes away from the airport, the location is also incredibly close to downtown.
- Enjoy a private and professional couples massage.
- Have a master chef prepare you a romantic dinner in the privacy of your own tree house.
- Soak in the luxurious hot tub surrounded by trees and the sounds of nature.
- This spot is not a secluded cabin in the wilderness. It’s more of a luxury resort type of treehouse.Other guests are stayingg at the property.
Secluded Intown Atlanta Treehouse (Luxury treehouse Atlanta)
Source: Airbnb.com Secluded Intown Treehouse
The best way to describe our stay at the Intown Treehouse is like being in the jungle in the middle of downtown Atlanta. The property is so gorgeous it has been featured in many shows as one of the most beautiful treehouses in the U.S. For us, it was the perfect, secluded, and romantic getaway for just the two of us. This one-bedroom, one-bathroom treehouse is full of romantic details, great lighting, and secluded spaces for privacy.
If you are looking for the perfect romantic weekend, book this treehouse. Here is why we loved it:
- The location: Just minutes from downtown, lush trees and privacy surround this southern charm treehouse.
- The space and furniture: Featured on many shows like Architectural Digest, Travel + Leisure, and Harper’s Bazaar, the furnishings, and accommodations are impeccable.
- The outdoor space: Enjoy the spacious hammock deck and thick greenery surrounding the private seating area, and enjoy dining outside in peace.
This rental is one of the top Atlanta treehouse rentals available, and we loved every minute. The only inconvenience is that the bathroom is on the lower floor and shared in the host’s home.
- Light the perfect BBQ in a lush outside seating area.
- Read your favorite book on the hammock deck.
- Enjoy the close by shopping opportunities, restaurants, and parks.
- Enjoy sleeping among the elements on a beautiful summer night.
- The bathroom is shared and downstairs, making it inconvenient, especially at night.
- There is no heat or air conditioning.
Trinity Treehouse (Best Family spot next to a Nature preserve)
Source: Airbnb.com Trinity Treehouse rentals Atlanta
This two-bedroom, two-bathroom wonderland was perfect for an extended weekend with our friends. There is so much gorgeous outside area for dining outside, listening to the birds sing, and enjoying your morning coffee. The property is adjacent to a beautiful nature preserve with great hiking trails, which we took full advantage of. We loved the additional amenities like the gas fireplace, hammock, electric grill, and full kitchen.
This was a perfect property to spend time with friends or family. Here’s why we loved it:
- Modern amenities: The property has all the modern appliances needed for a comfortable stay, including a full kitchen, electric grill, and fireplace.
- The location: The treehouse is adjacent to a 2,500-acre park with biking, hiking, and bird-watching opportunities, or just walking around and admiring the natural beauty.
- Close to the city: In about 20 minutes, you are in the heart of Atlanta with all the museums, parks, restaurants, and more you could need.
We had such a relaxing time at this treehouse, but many railings, stairs, and open areas can be challenging to use or uncomfortable for those afraid of heights.
- Go bird watching in the park and explore the blooming flowers and exotic plants.
- Make a special romantic dinner or fire up the gas grill.
- Enjoy the hammock deck for peaceful reading or having an evening drink.
- Visit excellent shopping, restaurants, and bars just 20 minutes from the property.
- There are a lot of stairs and open balcony areas that need to be more suitable for older guests and children.
Winding Up: The Best Treehouse Rentals in Atlanta, GA
Atlanta offers some of the best and most secluded treehouse rentals in the U.S. The various properties offer great amenities like fire pits, hot tub options, outdoor showers, forest-surrounded properties, and even a working farm.
There are great options from the north metro Atlanta area to west treehouse Atlanta rentals and everything in between. These options are perfect for a romantic getaway or just peace and quiet with the family.
Check out my top 8 picks for the perfect treehouse rental for you!
This list is the best-of-the-best, so you will love it no matter your choice!
Where are the best treehouse rentals in Georgia?
Atlanta tree house options are the best in the state. They offer secluded and romantic forest getaways, luxury rentals near the city, and properties fit for couples or up to eight guests. For more privacy, check out properties right outside the city.
Where is the Vrbo Oasis treehouse – Atlanta located?
The Vrbo Oasis Treehouse Atlanta is located in a beautiful forest sanctuary only 10 min from downtown. It’s less than 2 miles away from the Atlanta Zoo, shopping areas, and fabulous restaurants.
Are treehouse rentals in Georgia popular?
Yes. As one of the most naturally beautiful areas in the country, Georgia treehouse rentals are top-rated. Especially in the Atlanta area, including the Blue Ridge Mountains area, downtown area, east Atlanta village, north metro Atlanta area, and more.
Last Updated on October 27, 2023 by Brian