Welcome to the best-of-the-best New Hampshire treehouse rentals in 2024!
My boyfriend and I have dedicated weeks to uncovering the most unique treehouse accommodations throughout the state. We journeyed through bustling cities such as Manchester and Nashua, explored the historic streets of Concord and Portsmouth.
In our quest for the perfect treehouse stay, we delved deep into research, poring over online reviews and seeking insights from both locals and seasoned travel experts.
The most important part? We stayed in these treehouses, to really understand what they offer.
Our mission is to help you find the ideal treehouse rental in New Hampshire, tailored to your style, needs, and budget. After extensive research, we curated a list of the top eight Treehouse Rentals in New Hampshire. Each stands out for its exceptional accommodations, breathtaking views, exciting activities, impeccable cleanliness, warm hospitality, and superior amenities.
Whether you’re in search of a romantic getaway, a fun family getaway, a touch of luxury, or an eco-friendly escape, we’ve got options for you.
Let’s dive into the best of the best treehouse getaways for your next vacation in New Hampshire in 2024!
Treetop Sanctuary – Secluded NH Airbnb Cabin in the Woods
Source: Airbnb.com Treetop Sanctuary
My boyfriend and I loved reconnecting with nature in this 30 feet above forest-floor treetop sanctuary treehouse. We brought our own sleeping bags and blankets, making a perfect romantic nest.
I would describe this cozy treehouse rental as luxury camping with basic amenities. We took full advantage of the compost toilet, woodstove, and fridge. I also appreciated the WiFi. There was no outdoor fire pit, but we took advantage of the grill and fireplace.
We loved spending two nights at the Treetop Sanctuary and enjoying the beautiful forest. Here are three reasons you need to visit:
- The location: The area has excellent short hiking trails, and the treehouse is tucked away down a one-mile dirt road. Yet you are close enough to shops and restaurants.
- Solitude: If you want to get away from modern amenities and the noise of city life, you can enjoy the sound of the birds and starry nights in these peaceful treehouse rentals.
- The host: Jack is a fantastic host, ready to help you with anything you need and give instructions and directions. But he will also leave you in solitude without bothering you.
This was one of the off-the-grid treehouse rentals we loved. The only thing missing for me was a kitchen. I would have appreciated more supplies to make some food.
- A wood stove is great for heating up some food or the cabin.
- It’s one of the most secluded cabins on the list for total privacy.
- It’s the ultimate retreat for those who love to camp and hike.
- The host is super helpful and accommodating.
- Listen to the birds as you enjoy your morning coffee.
- There are no kitchen accommodations and limited supplies, so plan your meals.
- Some might mind the composting toilet.
Tree House at the Shire – Rustic Camping Experience in New Hampshire
Source: Airbnb.com Tree House at the Shire location
M boyfriend and I loved the small but comfortable Tree House at the Shire. The cabin is rustic and secluded with just the basics. But also only 15 minutes away from North Conway lake. We loved unplugging here and didn’t miss the conventional bathroom and kitchen amenities since we wanted an authentic camping experience off the grid.
We loved the details, including the double burner cook stove, coffee maker, gas grill, and fire pit near the cabin.
If you want to camp comfortably in a secluded and calm forest, this is your pick. We loved it because:
- The location: The north Conway sleeps location is convenient and close to many modern shops, restaurants, and activities. But the treehouse itself is in a calm and secluded spot.
- The details: The owner has provided perfect details like the fire pit, coffee maker, gas grill, and stove to make your camping experience perfect.
- The Views: The treehouse is surrounded by tall trees, with beautiful views from each window and backyard.
This Airbnb treehouse is perfect for those who love to camp. The only thing that was hard for me was the outhouse bathroom which was challenging to use at night.
- The rustic outdoor kitchen is perfect for preparing food on a summer day.
- There is a lovely queen-sized bed and a couch in the living area.
- Start the fire pit and roast some hot dogs under the stars.
- The space is well-kept, clean, and comfortable.
- Be prepared to use the outhouse at night, as this is a basic camping cabin.
You might also like: Experience the quintessential charm of the Northeast with my top selections. Dive into the rustic elegance of treehouse rentals in Maine, explore the diverse beauty with treehouse rentals in New England, and embrace the serene landscapes of treehouses in Vermont.
Luxury Two-Story “Four Season” New Hampshire Treehouse Rental in Newbury (Next to Mount Sunapee and Lake Sunapee)
Source: Airbnb.com Luxury Two-Story Treehouse Minutes from the lake
This Newbury sleeps treehouse was perfect for a weekend with our favorite couple of friends. It has two bedrooms, one bathroom, and plenty of privacy because it’s a two-story treehouse suitable for up to four guests. The location is stunning, right next to Mount Sunapee and Lake Sunapee, surrounded by a lush forest. We loved visiting lake Sunapee and soaking up the sun with some lake activities.
The treehouse has modern amenities, including a washer and dryer, indoor fireplace, air conditioning, full kitchen, BBq, fire pit, and spacious balcony.
We really enjoyed this luxurious treehouse with our friends. Here’s why you should book it as well:
- The location: Only minutes from Mount Sunapee and Lake Sunapee, this Airbnb treehouse is perfect for summer and winter visits. There are well-marked walking trails all around.
- Amenities: The property has excellent modern amenities, including a fully functional kitchen, air conditioning, fireplace, BBQ, and fire pit.
- The views: Looking out each window and spacious wrap-around deck, you are surrounded by a deeply secluded forest, making you feel calm and tranquil.
As far as treehouse rentals go, this one is almost perfect. The only thing I would have preferred was fewer stairs! Taking things up and down the stairs was somewhat tiring.
- Indulge in the perfect welcome bottle of wine on the spacious deck.
- BBQ during the day in the deep shade provided by the surrounding woods.
- Take a swim or hike one of the closeby trails.
- Enjoy a family vacation with lots of comfort and privacy for four people.
- There are a lot of stairs involved inside and outside the treehouse, which can be strenuous.
Rustic Madison ‘Treehouse’ Cabin with Game Room! – Log Cabin Style Treehouse Rental near King Pine Ski Area
Source: Vrbo.com Rustic Madison ‘Treehouse’ Cabin
This four-bedroom, a two-bathroom rustic treehouse is perfect for a family getaway of up to 8 people. We invited some of our family to stay with us and had a wonderful weekend. The rental is near Conway Lake and Silver Lake, and if you visit in the winter, you can enjoy skiing at King Pine Ski Area. The space is vast and comfortable. There is plenty of privacy and a fabulous game room location with old-school arcade games and even poker and darts.
The kitchen is fully equipped, and we loved preparing family meals. Two of the bedrooms have luxury bedding with super comfortable queen beds. There are also multiple twin beds, two twin beds in the bunk room, and several comfy sofas.
This is one of the best new Hampshire treehouse rentals for families. You should book it because:
- The location: Just minutes away from Conway Lake and Silver Lake, it’s a perfect spot for swimming, canoeing, kayaking, and fishing.
- Beautiful interior: Completely made of logs and wood, the interior has a cathedral ceiling, open spaces, and plenty of natural light.
- The Amenities: This tree house has all the amenities needed for a comfortable family stay, including all the kitchen supplies, stove, full bathroom, spacious and private bedrooms, and an outside deck and BBQ area.
It’s hard to find fault with this property. But if I had to pick one thing, it’s the two bedrooms with futon beds. I wish they had provided more comfortable beds for some of our guests.
- Enjoy the gorgeous mountain views close by.
- Light a family BBQ and enjoy some time hanging out in the woods.
- Go kayaking and canoeing on the lake.
- Enjoy the spacious and cal interior for reading a good book or just resting.
- Make a family meal and gather around the kitchen for excellent team cooking.
- Some of the bedrooms did not have comfortable beds, like futons.
Kissing Oaks – Romantic Airbnb Treehouse near Restaurants in New Hampshire
Source: Airbnb.com Kissing Oaks treehouse rentals New Hampshire
This Airbnb treehouse was a perfect two-night stay for my boyfriend and me. The Cozy room and beautiful balcony were perfect for a comfortable camping experience. There is a lovely swimming pond near the tree house and many wooded outdoor areas. This place is a well-known lakes region with great activities near the cabin. We loved the loft area and made good use of the mini-fridge. We also used the fire pit, outdoor dining area, and BBQ grill.
We picked Kissing Oaks as one of our favorite New Hampshire treehouse rentals because:
- The location: There are fantastic restaurants like Wontons Chinese Restaurant, Wolfe’s Tavern, and White Lake State Park activities like swimming and kayaking.
- The outside activities: The property has a fun slide, privet fire pit, 8’ x8’ deck, picnic table, porta potty, and grilling area.
- The hosting service: The host is friendly, attentive, and helpful, with lots of useful information about the area. They even provide fireworks.
This spot is an excellent simple treehouse rental without many thrills. Just peaceful. We should have included a few accommodations, like a kitchen, washer, and air conditioning.
- Comfortable and safe area for sleeping and spending time in the yard.
- Grilling and fire pit options to spend the night’s star watching.
- It’s close to restaurants, bars, activity parks, and lakes.
- Excellent communication with the hosts and help with planning your stay.
- The treehouse is in the backyard of the owner’s home, so there is less privacy.
- No kitchen and washer options.
NH TREEHOUSE LIFE – Perfect Rental Retreat Among New Hampshire’s Treehouse Rentals
Source: Vrbo.com NH Treehouse Life
My boyfriend and I loved this one-bedroom, one-bathroom tree house with a spacious deck, gorgeous patio, and tranquil surroundings. The location is terrific, and so are the views. We could reach some fantastic hiking trails from the cabin, Granite Lake (with a private community beach), Mount Monadnock for biking and hiking, and Otter Brook River. We were 15 minutes from downtown and some great restaurants, bars, and shopping.
Make sure to book NH Treehouse life because it’s one of the top treehouse rentals in New Hampshire. Here are three more reasons why:
- Outdoor activities: Enjoy great hiking trails near Mount Monadnock. Watch the deep and wild turkeys as you enjoy your morning coffee.
- Close by city accommodations: It’s quick and easy to visit Pitcher Mountain, Highland Lake, Central Square, and Colonial Theatre.
- The peaceful yard and surroundings: From the interior, there are large floor-to-ceiling windows with the perfect lawn and mountain and forest views in every direction.
NH Treehouse Life is a tremendous Cozy rental with a fantastic location. But the stairs are narrow and steep and can be challenging to use.
- It’s easy to visit Pitcher Mountain, Highland Lake, Central Square, and Colonial Theatre in just minutes from the property.
- The spacious outside area and large windows ensure natural woods, and beautiful distant views constantly surround you.
- It’s easy to observe animals like deer walking around the property.
- Light a BBQ or the fire pit for roasted hot dogs and drinks outside.
- There are a lot of sterm stairs that can be difficult to navigate, especially at night.
Sanbornton Cozy Treehouse Retreat – Luxury Treehouse Vacation Rental in New Hampshire
Source: Airbnb.com Winter Getaway (New Hampshire Treehouse)
This Cozy getaway tree house was perfect for a long weekend with my boyfriend. There are excellent nearby activities, including a private community beach and snowmobile trails for hiking. The cabin interior and outside seating were also clean, comfortable, and peaceful. The interior is new, clean, and perfectly decorated for ultimate comfort. I loved the loft with a double bed and all the additional sleeping areas, in case you bring some guests.
The Winter Getaway is one of the top treehouse rentals in New Hampshire all year round because:
- Beautiful and comfortable interior: This property offers top luxury with great amenities, clean, modern decor, and everything you need for a comfortable stay.
- Outdoor activities: It’s easy to get to the private community beach or snowmobile trails for hiking. There are also excellent nearby restaurants.
- Amenities: Extra pillows and blankets, a full kitchen with pots and pans, a fire pit, a BBQ grill, and endless hot water are just amenities you will love.
Winter Getaway (New Hampshire Treehouse) is a great place for some pampering and comfort in peace. If I had to find a fault, it would be that there needs to be a washer and dryer, making a longer stay uncomfortable.
- Light up the grill and enjoy outside dining among the animals and bird sounds.
- Use the private community beach for kayaking, swimming, and even fishing.
- Explore nearby hiking trails.
- Take advantage of the Hampshire location and visit the Tanger outlet mall and great nearby restaurants.
- The property doesn’t have a washer and dryer, so pack smart.
D Acres Hostel Treehouse – Airbnb Retreat near Bretton Woods Ski Area and Cannon Mountain
Source: Airbnb.com The Hostel at D Acres (New Hampshire Treehouse)
This simple treehouse was perfect for a camping experience for my boyfriend and me. We loved the simplicity and gorgeous woods that surrounded the tree house. The White Mountains treehouse location was excellent and close to stunning natural destinations like Franconia Ridge, Cannon Mountain, Green Woodlands Foundation, and Rumney Rock climbing (ten minutes from the farm). We loved the farm store, communal firepit, streams nearby, and more.
This rental is the perfect spot if you are looking for a simple camping treehouse close to some of the best nature activities. We loved it because:
- The location: There are great walking and biking trails nearby, so bring your equipment and explore the woods.
- The farm atmosphere: This is an organic permaculture farm where you can see and learn a lot.
- The tranquil surroundings: This is a nicely secluded area with a nearby Green Woodlands Trail network. There is nature all around to enjoy, including the farm.
The Hostel at D Acres is a simple cabin. The indoor toilet is a 125-meter walk from the treehouse, and the use of the kitchen and showers is charged additionally.
- Explore the Green Woodlands Trail network and do some great hiking and bike riding.
- Enjoy learning about the organic farm and homestead.
- Enjoy reading and outside dining in a rich forest surrounding.
- Go Rumney Rock climbing (ten minutes from the farm).
- Using the kitchen and showers comes at an extra charge.
- Using the toilet is a short walk, sometimes tricky at night.
Top Treehouse Cabins in New Hampshire
|– 30 feet above forest-floor
– Luxury camping
– Compost toilet, woodstove, fridge, WiFi
|– Wood stove for heating
– Secluded for privacy
– Ultimate retreat
– Helpful host
– Bird sounds
|– No kitchen
– Limited supplies
|Tree House at the Shire
|– Rustic, basic amenities
– 15 mins from North Conway lake
|– Outdoor kitchen
– Comfortable bed and couch
– Fire pit
– Clean and comfortable
|– Outhouse bathroom at night
|Luxury Two-Story Treehouse
|– Two stories, two bedrooms
– Near Mount and Lake Sunapee
– Modern amenities
|– Proximity to attractions
– Modern amenities
– Beautiful forest views
|– Many stairs, possibly strenuous
|Rustic Madison ‘Treehouse’ Cabin
|– Four bedrooms, two bathrooms
– Near Conway Lake and Silver Lake
|– Gorgeous views
– Outdoor kitchen
– Comfortable sleeping
|– Some bedrooms have futons
|Airbnb Kissing Oaks backyard treehouse
|– Cozy room with balcony
– Near restaurants and parks
– Outdoor dining, fire pit, BBQ grill
|– Outdoor dining options
– Proximity to attractions
– Great host communication
|– Located in owner’s backyard, less privacy
– No kitchen or washer
|NH TREEHOUSE LIFE
|– One-bedroom, spacious deck
– Near Mount Monadnock, lakes, and trails
|– Proximity to attractions
– Beautiful views
– Animal watching
|– Many steep stairs
|Winter Getaway in a Cozy treehouse
|– Close to community beach and snowmobile trails
– Modern, clean interior
|– Outdoor grilling and dining
– Proximity to attractions
– Comfort and luxury
|– No washer and dryer
|Treehouse – The Hostel at D Acres
|– Near Franconia Ridge, Cannon Mountain
– Farm store, communal firepit, streams
|– Proximity to nature trails
– Organic farm experience
– Reading and dining in the forest
|– Extra charge for kitchen and showers
– Remote toilet location
Winding Up: The Best Treehouse Rentals in New Hampshire
New Hampshire treehouse rentals are some of the coziest, secluded, and naturally beautiful spots to stay in the state. Whether you want to spend a romantic weekend with your partner or enjoy a few days with the family, there are perfect options.
The rentals range from basic camping treehouses to luxury and spacious cabins that offer all modern accommodations. No matter which one you choose, they are all in excellent locations close to mountains, lakes, forest trails, ski resorts, great restaurants, and shopping.
Review our list carefully to find your perfect New Hampshire treehouse rental.
What outdoor activities are available at New Hampshire treehouses?
Most treehouse locations in New Hampshire offer close-by ski areas, lakes, national parks, and city content. It’s easy to find nearby hiking trails, biking areas, and lakes for swimming, kayaking, and fishing. For those looking for a more luxurious stay, there are even treehouses with modern accommodations, excellent amenities, and close to bars and restaurants.
What’s the most luxurious treehouse rental in New Hampshire?
If you are looking for a luxurious treehouse stay, make sure to book the Luxury Two-Story “Four Season” New Hampshire treehouse rental. It is only minutes from Mount Sunapee and Lake Sunapee and full of great amenities for a comfortable stay. The property has a washer and dryer, indoor fireplace, air conditioning, full kitchen, BBq, fire pit, and a spacious wrap-around balcony with a stunning view.
Do New Hampshire treehouses have modern amenities?
Yes. Many treehouse rentals in New Hampshire have complete amenities, including full kitchens, bathrooms, hot tubs, outdoor showers, fire pits, and spacious decks with amazing views and outside eating areas. There are options from simple camping to luxurious hotel-like accommodations.
What are the best-secluded cabin rentals in New Hampshire?
For the most private treehouse rental in New Hampshire, check out the Luxury Two-Story “Four Season” New Hampshire, the Treetop Sanctuary, or the Rustic Madison ‘Treehouse’ Cabin with Game Room! All three options are secluded and perfect for privacy in a natural setting.
What is unique about a stay in the Hemlock Hideout Treehouse?
Staying at the Hemlock Hideout Treehouse promises an intimate experience to reconnect with nature. The four-season heated treehouse boasts a beautiful wraparound porch overlooking mature Hemlock trees, providing a soothing sight every morning. The large windows of this treehouse let you immerse in the stunning outdoor scenes while luxuriating in heated floors and other amenities.
What are some popular treehouses in New Hampshire?
There are numerous magnificent treehouses in New Hampshire to spend your holidays, among which the White Mountain, Hemlock Hideout Treehouse, Ling Treehouse, Treehouse at the Shire, and Treehouse at Plummer Shores are the most popular ones. Each of these treehouses offers a unique blend of serenity and beauty that can take your breath away. Thus, New Hampshire is indeed the perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life!
How is the experience in Treehouse at The Shire?
The Treehouse at the Shire nestled in the heart of the state of New Hampshire offers an extraordinary stay with amenities like a well-equipped kitchenette, running water, and a relaxing porch. This treehouse is centrally located offering convenient access to the mountains of New Hampshire and the nearby cities. It is a great place to disconnect and connect with nature.
Last Updated on January 31, 2024 by Brian