Welcome to the best-of-the-best Mississippi treehouse rentals in 2024!
My boyfriend and I spent weeks exploring Mississippi’s top treehouses, from the majestic Mississippi River to the vibrant streets of New Orleans, and through cities like Jackson, Hattiesburg, Tupelo, Gulfport, Biloxi, and even up to Memphis.
In our search, we delved into countless reviews and sought advice from both locals and seasoned travelers. The most important part? We stayed in these treehouses, to really understand what they offer.
Our guide is designed to help you find the perfect treehouse rental in Mississippi that aligns with your desire for adventure, relaxation, and connection with nature. We’ve handpicked exceptional treehouses, focusing on their unique features, locations, and the overall value they offer.
Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway, a family adventure, a luxurious stay, or an eco-friendly retreat, we’ve got options for you. Our picks include treehouses with stunning mountain views, ones by lakes, in forests, and some that are pure luxury.
Let’s embark on a journey to discover the charm and beauty of Mississippi’s top treehouse rentals in 2024!
Fern Hollow Treehouse – Best Rustic Escape and Cozy Romantic Getaway for Couples
This treehouse is the absolute winner for a long romantic weekend and is one of the most secluded cabins ever. My boyfriend and I thought this was a great location, with 65 acres of private land and a fishing pond in a beautiful forest. The treehouse had everything we loved: a spacious deck, fire pit, wi-fi, air conditioning, chair swing, hammocks, and more.
This one-bedroom and one-bathroom cabin is perfect for a couples vacation with a comfortable master bedroom and king-sized bed (surrounded by the woods). It has all the comforts for a relaxing vacation, including a full kitchen. It’s also pet-friendly. Visiting the nearby Tishomingo State Park and Red Bay Water Park was easy.
This rental is our top Mississippi treehouse rental pick. Here are three reasons you will love it too:
- The surroundings: In a vast and secluded forest, the treehouse surrounds a forest, a fishing pond, and a lovely cooling-off spot.
- All the amenities: The treehouse has all the comforts you need, including a bathtub with a view, a kitchen with all needed appliances, a BBQ, a fire pit, and more.
- Location: The rental is on a vast private property where you can wander around and explore the lush wooded area (like a fallen tree or native plants); it’s also close to other activities. We loved visiting nearby Tishomingo State Park and Red Bay Water Park.
Though this was a wonderfully located quiet cabin, the owners lived on this property. They gave us maximum privacy, and we were not bothered by them.
Fern Hollow Treehouse Presentation
- Light a bonfire in the fire pit and enjoy the star-filled night.
- Explore the large forest by taking a nature walk and exploring the trails.
- Enjoy the spacious porch and eat your meals outside amount the sounds of the birds.
- Take advantage of the secluded landscape and read a book in the chair swing or hammock.
- Slow down your busy life by admiring the fish pond and its surroundings.
- The owner’s home is also on the property where the treehouse is.
- Be careful moving through the large wooded area, and wear proper shoes.
ECO-Beach House in the Trees – Best Luxury Beachside Treehouse Vacation Rental in Mississippi
Source: Vrbo.com ECO-Beach House in the Trees, MS
Another one of our favorite romantic getaway treehouses was the ECO-Beach House in the Trees. This cabin is a cozy one-bed, one-bath space with a large deck and garden. The outside seating is comfortable and perfect for having meals or enjoying morning coffee surrounded by trees. The night sky from the porch was amazing.
I loved being two blocks away from the beach, where we tried sailing and paddle boarding. We even did some horseback riding nearby. The town of Bay St. Louis is nearby, so we got to do some shopping and restaurant hopping too.
So if you want to experience the perfect place to get away from your busy lives, and be surrounded by a quiet calm garden and forest, head to the ECO Beachouse in the Trees. Here’s why we consider it one of the best rentals:
- Location: The treehouse is only two blocks from the beach.
- Amenities: The treehouse has everything you need for a comfortable stay and a stunning garden.
- Romantic feel: The interior is filled with beautiful details, and the windows’ views create romance.
We had a great time at this treehouse and were very comfortable. However, this is a property for adults only and no pets. So keep in mind it’s not a family rental.
ECO-Beach House Presentation
- Bring a blanket to the beach and enjoy the sunset and night sky.
- Go boating or sailing.
- Read a book in the peaceful garden.
- Drive to Bay St. Louis for great shopping, bars, and restaurants.
- No pets and children are allowed.
Thunder Ridge Treehouse — Best Adults Only Mississippi Treehouse Rentals – Entire House Pet Friendly near NOLA
Source: Airbnb.com Thunder Ridge Treehouse, MS
This two-bedroom Thunder Ridge Treehouse at the Forest Retreat is an adults-only property. We brought two of our best friends to enjoy this perfect place. It’s pet friendly, so they brought their dog. It’s located in the majestic Homochitto national forest and has many hiking trails.
We loved the convenient amenities offered, including a large porch, wood-burning stove, fireplace, air conditioning, and full kitchen with a stove. The creek is unique; we loved the petrified wood, fallen tree ambient, and fossils.
We loved the remote national forest roads, privacy, and new sand bars. Here are more reasons to love this property:
- Outdoor activities: Go hiking, bird watching, exploring the creek, lighting a fire under the night sky, or BBQ from your spacious porch.
- Location: The cabin surroundings offer a beautiful rich forest for exploring and a creek.
- Peace and quiet: This is a highly secluded cabin surrounded by a lush forest and perfect for relaxing.
We had a wonderful time in this nature surrounding well-equipped treehouse. However, you must bring all the food and drink you will need for your stay upon arrival. The nearest small town store is about a 25-minute drive and needs to be better stocked. There is another cabin on the property, but the space is so ample you have plenty of privacy.
- Go hiking, mountain biking, and exploring the woods of Homochitto National Forest.
- Spend an afternoon at the pristine sand bars and creek,
- BBQ on the spacious porch and eat meals outside, surrounded by remote national forest roads and lush woods.
- Spend the night outside building a bonfire and enjoying the star-filled skies.
- Forget your troubles with a good book next to the fireplace.
- The cabin is secluded, so no stores or restaurants are nearby.
Read also: Make sure to check out my recommendations on treehouse rentals in Tennessee, treehouse rentals in Alabama, treehouse rentals in Arkansas, treehouse rentals in Louisiana and experience the treehouses of Gatlinburg for an unforgettable experience.
Fallen Tree Treehouse: Best Pet-Friendly Mississippi Treehouses near NOLA
Source: Airbnb.com Fallen Treehouse
My boyfriend loved the Thunder Ridge Treehouse so much that we booked the private Fallen Treehouse cabin on the same property. The cabin is a one-bedroom, one-bath and has a beautiful loft with a rustic ladder. It’s a perfect retreat, with room for an additional guest. Children are not allowed. It is a pet-friendly property.
The area is so huge (over 99,000 acres in Homochitto National forest) that you will have a secluded, peaceful stay and plenty of room to explore. Natchez is the nearest small town with great bars and restaurants, but it’s about 50 miles away.
We loved the forest with its long hills, where we did some cycling, hiking, and miles of pristine sand bars, ideally located for seclusion and relaxation.
This cabin was one of our favorite treehouse rentals because the nature here is so vast and perfect it’s easy to forget your everyday life. You need to book this property because:
- The outdoor activities: The spring-fed creek, miles of sand bars (making you feel like you are at the beach) with a beach-like feel, and a lush forest full of trails and wildlife make this a perfect spot for nature lovers.
- Secluded location: The national forest is vast and full of walking trails, biking opportunities, a creek with fossils and petrified wood, and more.
- Cozy and rustic interior: The cozy cabin has everything you need, including a wood-burning stove, spacious porch, fire pit, indoor fireplace, charcoal grill, and rustic wood walls to make you feel like you are in an authentic cabin.
Though we loved this location, there is another rental on the property, and the hosts live nearby. It was not a big problem for us since the national park is so large, and there is room for everyone.
- Take a relaxing walk by the creek and admire birds and wildlife like owls, bunnies, squirrels, and more.
- Light the fire pit at night and spend the evening roasting marshmallows and hot dogs in peaceful surroundings.
- Go cycling over the great long hills.
- Visit Homochitto for some nightlife or even New Orleans, which is 2 hours out.
- Bring your dogs to the sand bars for some fun in the sun.
- This spot is one of the most secluded cabins from grocery stores, so you must bring as much food and drink as possible.
Creekside Cabin Retreat Treehouse – Secluded Family Friendly Treehouse with a Hot Tub
Source: Airbnb.com The Creekside Cabin, MS
We loved staying at the Creekside Cabin. It was a perfect retreat for the two of us (but accommodations can be made for more guests, like a small family with children). The cabin is one of two on a 7-acre creekside, wood-surrounded property filled with activities and wildlife. During our walks, we encountered deep bevers and some bunnies.
The hosts provide kayaks, tubes, life jackets, and more, making it easy to enjoy the sandbar and feel like we are at a private beach. I loved the hot tub, tree-surrounded porch, and relaxing hammocks. We were only eight minutes from the store, so getting supplies was easy.
This treehouse was one of our top cabins because it had a lot of activities in a cozy and safe place. Many will find it a perfect family spot. Make sure to rent this cabin because:
- The activities: The cabin is full of activities, including kayaking, tubing, fishing, exploring the woods, and exploring the wildlife on the trails.
- The location: The treehouse surrounds lush trees and a crystal clear river, yet close enough to stores and shopping, which is available ten to fifteen minutes away.
- Amenities: The hosts have provided kayaks, tubes, life jackets, a BBQ, a hot tub, a spacious outdoor eating area, and splendid appliances in the cabin.
This treehouse offers excellent accommodation. It’s hard to find a fault because it’s one of our favorite cabins. There is no washer. The trails get muddy if it rains, and a washer would go a long way.
- Enjoy the sparking night sky from the large deck.
- Soak in the hot tub while listening to the sound of the trees and birds.
- Go kayaking, fishing, and tubing on your private sand bar beach.
- Light up the BBQ and eat outside on the spacious deck with a river view.
- There is no washer in the cabin, and the trails can get muddy.
Creekside Cabin #2 “The Lodge” – Best New Orleans Proximity Treehouse Rental for Family Vacations
Source: vrbo.com Creekside Cabin #2 The Lodge, MS
We stayed at this two-bed, three-bath treehouse with our favorite couple, but it’s also a great family rental. The master bedroom has a clean and comfortable king-size bed, and the second bedroom has a queen and bunk beds. The location is excellent, and we loved the private creekfront yard right on West Hobolochitto Creek. The hosts provided fishing pools and kayaks, so we thoroughly used the equipment. We were only an hour away from New Orleans and had a great night out at all the bars and restaurants.
The shared amenities were incredible too, and we thoroughly used the swimming pool, hot tub, and sauna. There is a great fire area to roast smores under the night sky.
This rental was one of our top cabins because we loved all the available activities and comfortable space. Make sure to book this cabin for a romantic getaway or family because:
- Ideal for families: This rural cabin sleeps up to eight guests and provides plenty of family-friendly activities.
- Outdoor activities: With a private sand bar and forest to walk trails, you can enjoy kayaking, fishing, bird watching, and more. The sauna, swimming pool, and hot tub are also great bonuses.
- Great location: We loved being close to New Orleans and having the option of a night out on the town. Yet the property is rural, quiet, and tucked away for a relaxing creekfront vacation.
It’s hard to find fault with this rental. I can only think of the additional larger rental on the property and shared amenities. But we were okay with it since there was still enough privacy for everyone.
- Have the whole spa experience using the collective amenities like the sauna, hot tub, and swimming pool.
- Enjoy the private sand bar by soaking up the sun, kayaking, fishing, and swimming.
- Have a family-friendly weekend and roast marshmallows in the fire area.
- Lounge on the spacious deck and read a book while listening to the sounds of the birds and trees.
- There is one more cabin on the property, and some amenities are shared.
The Johnny Knight Treehouse – Magical Mississippi Treehouse for Weddings and Rentals in Mendenhall, MS
Source: The Johnny knight treehouse rentals Mississippi
My boyfriend and I enjoyed staying at the Johnny knight treehouse, which has two options, the cottage, which sleeps two people, and you can also rent the treehouse, which accommodates up to six people. This spot is one of the rustic Mississippi treehouse hotels. The cottage had everything we needed: a full bathroom, fireplace, beautiful, well-maintained outdoor chairs, tables, and a fire pit.
This treehouse is an excellent rental destination for small weddings, and the accommodation is top-notch. I loved the suspended bridge with a lookout and the freshwater spring.
The Johnny knight treehouse offers a magical feeling and is close to many shops, antiquing opportunities, and great restaurants. Here are more reasons to love it:
- Perfect for events: The two cabins at the Johnny Knight Treehouse are famous for hosting small events like weddings, anniversaries, and birthdays.
- The location: The cabins are nestled in a wooded and secluded area, yet are close to great activities like antiquing, sightseeing historic sites, shopping, and swimming at Simpson County Lake.
- The cabin’s interior is perfectly decorated with many details and a homey feel. Everything is clean, in great shape, and functional.
This place was one of our top cabins because it offers an excellent event venue. However, it is not secluded and close to nature as most of the other rentals on the list.
- Lounge in the perfectly lit outdoor area and admire the night sky.
- Plan a particular anniversary party on the property.
- Go swimming at Simpson County Lake and Merit Creek.
- Grab a good book and lounge outside while listening to the sounds of the birds.
- This place is not in a secluded area, and the property has two rentals.
Wrapping Up: The Best Treehouses in Mississippi
Treehouse rentals in Mississippi are gorgeous due to all the natural beauty and forests surrounding them. The Mississippi river and national forest provide endless views and activities.
Check out our list for your perfect treehouse rental. I guarantee you will love your stay, regardless of your choice.
They are all great!
Top Treehouses for Rent in Mississippi
|Fern Hollow Treehouse
|Best Rustic Escape and Cozy Romantic Getaway
|– Bonfire in the fire pit
– Nature walk
– Spacious porch
– Chair swing and hammock
– Fish pond
|– Owner’s home on the property
– Need proper shoes for wooded area
|Thunder Ridge Treehouse
|Best Adults Only Mississippi Treehouse Rentals – Entire House Pet Friendly near NOLA
|– Hiking and exploring
– Pristine sand bars and creek
– BBQ on the porch
– Fireplace reading
|– Secluded from stores and restaurants
|Fallen Tree Treehouse
|Best Pet-Friendly Mississippi Treehouses near NOLA
|– Creek walk with wildlife
– Fire pit evening
– Cycling over hills
– Homochitto visit
– Sand bars with dogs
|– Very secluded from grocery stores
|Creekside Cabin Retreat Treehouse
|Secluded Family Getaway with a Hot Tub
|– Night sky from the deck
– Hot tub relaxation
– Kayaking, fishing, and tubing
– BBQ with a river view
|– No washer, muddy trails
|ECO-Beach House in the Trees
|Best Beachside Mississippi Treehouse
|– Beach sunset and night sky
– Boating and sailing
– Garden reading
– Bay St. Louis visit
|– No pets and children
|Creekside Cabin #2 “The Lodge”
|Best New Orleans Location
|– Sauna, hot tub, and swimming pool
– Sand bar activities
– Marshmallow roasting
– Deck reading
|– Another cabin on the property, shared amenities
|The Johnny Knight Treehouse
|Most Magical Treehouse
|– Outdoor night sky lounging
– Event planning
– Simpson County Lake swimming
– Outdoor reading
|– Not in a secluded area, two rentals on the property
What treehouse rental in Mississippi is close to New Orleans?
There are many treehouse rentals available near New Orleans. The best pick for couples is the Creekside Cabin #2, “The Lodge.” The property offers two treehouse rentals; both cabins have all the luxury amenities for a great vacation. They offer a swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, and private lakefront sand bar. It’s less than one hour from New Orleans.
Where are the most famous Mississippi treehouse rentals?
The most popular Mississippi treehouse rentals are on the lakeside, riverfront, and creeks. Try the ECO-Beach House in the Trees cabin two blocks from the beach. Other great rentals are the Fallen Treehouse and Thunder Ridge Treehouse located at the Mississippi treehouse hotels at the Forest Retreat, surrounded by the Homochitto National forest.
What are all the amenities included in Mississippi treehouse rentals?
Treehouse rentals in Mississippi offer great amenities and outdoor activities. Most treehouses offer a full kitchen, bathroom, air conditioning, internet, decks, and outside eating areas. Many offer hot tubs, saunas, fire pits, BBQs, hammocks, and sporting equipment.
What’s the best treehouse rental in the Homochitto National Forest?
Two tremendous and secluded rentals for couples in the lush and exciting Homochitto National Forest are the Fallen Treehouse and Thunder Ridge Treehouse. The properties are pet friendly and have many outdoor activities, including hiking, bird watching, water activities on the sand bar, and more.
Can I rent a treehouse on Airbnb in Mississippi?
Yes, there are several Airbnb treehouse options available in Mississippi. You can find something to suit your taste and budget from a cozy two-bedroom log cabin nestled in the woods to a luxury three-bedroom treehouse overlooking a private lake.
Are there luxury treehouse options available for Rent in Mississippi?
Yes, there is a multitude of luxury treehouse options available for rent. These offer a mesmerizing view of the surrounding landscapes, including the Gulf of Mexico and the popular Okatoma River. From a cabin overlooking serene waters to the thrill of staying in an Airbnb treehouse, Mississippi caters to everyone’s preference.
Last Updated on February 5, 2024 by Brian