Adventure lovers gather around for the perfect escape and check out the best-of-the-best treehouses in Scotland!
My boyfriend and I were lucky to spend the summer in Scotland, exploring beautiful destinations and, more importantly, amazing treehouse rentals throughout the region! We stayed at treehouses all over the country in incredible places near the Cairngorms national park, Highland Perthshire, Scottish Highlands, and other nature lovers destinations with great views.
During our adventure, we explored countless treehouses. After careful consideration, we narrowed our picks to six incredible treehouse rentals with incredible accommodations, spacous floorplans, views of nature and mountains, and all the amenities needed for luxury retreats.
We did a lot of research preparing for our trip, including reading endless online reviews, consulting travel agencies, and asking the locals—all to help you save money and time in finding the perfect rental.
Let me tell you we had a great time in the treehouses mentioned in this article!
Our article aims to give you first-hand information on the views, accommodations, location, host interaction, and overall experience in the best treehouses available in Scotland.
That’s why we are sure you will have a quality treehouse experience no matter which treehouse you pick.
Let’s jump in and find your perfect Scotland treehouse!
Glamping Pod Treehouse with Private Hot Tub – An Incredible Place for a Small Family
Source: Airbnb.com, Glamping Pod Treehouse with Private Hot Tub
My boyfriend and I loved staying at this one-bedroom, one-bath treehouse in Ecclesgreig Holiday Park that sleeps up to four guests. It’s incredibly spacious, with a nice living and dining space, a fully equipped kitchen, a double sofa bed, and a walk-in shower in the bathroom. We loved the deck and spent much time having our meals outside.
My favorite part was the covered private hot tub on the deck. We were also only ten minutes walking from the gorgeous beach, where we went swimming and kayaking. We also enjoyed the shared picnic, BBQ, and park area.
This spot is a perfect treehouse for couples looking for simple living and access to the beach. Here are three reasons you will love staying here:
- Amenities: The treehouse offers comfortable and modern amenities like a spacous balcony, comfortable bed, well-equipped kitchen, and hot tub.
- Location: We loved being ten minutes away from a great beach and fun Montrose Air Station Heritage Centre.
- Value: This rental is well-priced for all the accommodations it offers and takes into account the beach location.
This rental was our favorite couple’s cabin situated near the beach. However, the property doesn’t have WiFi or air conditioning. On a hot summer night, it can get hot inside.
- Prepare a romantic meal in the fully equipped kitchen and enjoy outdoor eating.
- Soak and relax in the private hot tub.
- Light up the BBQ in the common area.
- Make it a fun day at the beach within walking distance.
- Explore nearby restaurants and tourist attractions.
- The treehouse doesn’t have WiFi or air conditioning.
Loch Lomond, The Tree House – The Best Romantic Getaway for Couples
Source: Airbnb.com, Loch Lomond Tree House
The Tree House at Loch Lomond was an amazing stay for my boyfriend and me. The one-bedroom, one-bath sleeps two guests in a comfortable king-size bed and is part of a four-treehouse cabin complex. The design is luxurious with modern accommodations like the wood burning stove, soaking outdoor bath, covered balcony, and outdoor seating. The view from the treehouse is romantic and looks out onto the garden decorated with fairy lights.
We loved the fresh breakfast items, including porridge, pastries, and fresh fruit. We were also close to several restaurants and pubs within walking distance. My boyfriend loved grilling and relaxing under the night sky, with all the romantic details the hosts offered.
This cosy and romantic treehouse is a great resting spot for couples with some alone time. Here are some great reasons to book it now:
- Accommodations: The treehouse is modern with great amenities like the outdoor bath, wood-burning stove, covered deck, king-size bed, and outdoor seating—they even provided board games.
- Location: The nearby attractions are a nature lovers’ paradise, with the RSPB Scotland Loch Lomond and The Devil’s Pulpit within driving distance.
- The hosts: Katrina was a wonderful and accommodating host who quickly answered all our messages. She even provided a fresh breakfast each morning.
We loved to relax and enjoy some alone time at this treehouse cabin. However, the kitchen doesn’t have an oven or stove. Make sure to plan your meals. There is also no air conditioning.
- Cosy with a good book on the covered balcony and enjoy some alone time.
- Soak and relax in the outdoor bathtub.
- Light up the wood-burning stove for some night romance.
- Visit one of the incredible natural attractions in the area.
- The treehouse doesn’t have a stove or oven, so plan your meals accordingly.
The Tree Hoose – A Fantasy Treehouse for couples with Greta Views of the Scottish Highlands
Source: Airbnb.com, The Tree Hoose with a view of the Scottish Highlands
The private woodland setting was a highlight at the Tree Hoose for my boyfriend and me. We loved this one-bedroom treehouse overlooking Loch Broom and Scottish Highlands. It has some great home-like comforts that help us relax, including a king-size bed and one single bed, underfloor heating, roof lights, and modern furniture. I loved the viewing window, which let all the natural light flood inside.
The hosts were kind and welcoming and even provided a gift basket with wine, homemade cookies, and basic ingredients like eggs and milk. They also provided two bikes perfect for nearby mountain biking and hiking in the woodlands. We loved all the nature and wildlife around the cabin and even made friends with some red squirrels. The nights were quiet and peaceful.
So if you’re looking for a secluded place with terrific views and incredible outdoor activities, this treehouse is a perfect rental. Here are more reasons you’ll want to book:
- Surroundings: This is one of the most secluded and peaceful relaxing locations. You will feel a million miles from the city, despite being only 15 minutes away from Ullapool. It’s a perfect spot to explore the trails and water access among the trees.
- Amenities: The treehouse cabin has a well-equipped kitchen, spacous bathroom, and comfortable bed, and is surrounded by nature with easy water and train access.
- The hosts: Micheal and her team were great welcoming hosts, quick to respond, and greeted us with a gift basket and bikes to use during our stay. They even helped us find some great restaurants.
This rental is one of the top treehouses available for couples. We loved our stay. But we would have preferred air conditioning and a washing machine since we stayed for several days.
- Go hiking or mountain biking in the nearby mountains.
- Explore downtown Ullapool for great pubs and restaurants.
- Observe the star-filled night sky from the large skylights.
- Enjoy your favorite book on the private deck.
- Go biking with the bikes provided by the hosts.
- This rental doesn’t have a washer or air conditioning.
Pine Marten Bar Glenmore Treehouse – The Best Cairngorms National Park Location With Amazing Views of the Cairngorm Mountains
Source: Airbnb.com, Pine Marten Bar Glenmore Treehouse rentals in Scotland
This one-bed treehouse sleeps up to four guests, perfect for a small family. There is one sofa bed and one bunk bed in the cabin. We loved staying in this cosy, lodge-like space with great features.
The view of the Cairngorm mountains was stunning, and we loved visiting the national park filled with wildlife. This place is perfect for nature lovers, providing hiking trails, biking, and lake access. I loved that there were close-by site facilities like the sauna, bar, cafe, and rental shop. It’s also a pet-friendly property.
This place is a great family getaway cabin and one of the best deals for treehouses we visited. Here are some more reasons you’ll want to book now:
- Location: In the Cairngorm National Park, this treehouse is surrounded by trees and stunning nature. Outdoor enthusiasts will love all the lake, mountain, and forest activities.
- Amenities: This treehouse cabin has all the modern comforts, including a well-equipped kitchen, bathroom with a shower, space for four guests to sleep, and an on-site sauna, bar, and cafe.
- Value: Considering that the cabin sleeps four guests and the incredible location, this cabin is extremely well-priced and a great value for the money.
This rental is one of the best treehouses for families and nature lovers. However, there is no WiFi or TV available. Also, those with animal allergies must remember it’s a pet-friendly property.
- Rent some bikes and explore the nearby trails.
- Have a peaceful family meal overlooking the forest.
- Take advantage of summer lake activities.
- Enjoy the on-site bar and cafe in the evenings.
- This treehouse doesn’t have a TV or WiFi.
The Treetops Tree House Eco Cabin – The Best Unique Treehouse with an Off-Grid Experience for Couples
Source: Airbnb.com, The Treetops Tree House Eco Cabin
My boyfriend and I loved the eco-friendly, off-grid experience at the Treetops Tree House. This Black Isle treasure sleeps two guests and has a spacious covered deck with a fun oak tree going through it. We loved the outdoor kitchen, gas camping stove, and pizza oven close to the seating area. On summer days cooking outdoors was so much fun. There is a wood burner stove inside also.
We loved being surrounded by the Scottish woodlands and enjoyed our nights by the fire pit area. Waking up nestled amount the trees was also magical. We were also less than ten minutes from great co-op shops and pubs. The cabin was overall cosy and clean, and the hosts were friendly and quick to respond.
This rental is one of the best treehouses in Scotland for seclusion and observing wildlife. Here are some more reasons you’ll want to book this cozy cabin soon:
- Off-grid experience: This is a perfect spot to take a break from your cell phone, internet, and TV. The outdoor cooking experience is fun and stress-free.
- Spacious outdoor area: The tree-surrounded rental has plenty of privacy, a fire pit area, outdoor cooking, and even a pizza oven.
- Great host: Charlotte was attentive, caring about the guests, and willing to accommodate your needs. She helped us find great pubs with food nearby.
My boyfriend and I enjoyed our time at this cabin and appreciated getting away from modern technology. However, the treehouse doesn’t have running water, which can be difficult, especially if the weather is cold.
- Light the fire pit and enjoy the star-filled night skies.
- Use the pizza oven to prepare a delicious meal.
- Read a book surrounded by the sound of the birds in the outdoor seating area.
- Cosy with a hot cup of coffee and enjoy the sound of nature in the secluded lodge.
- Go hiking or wildlife watching on the nearby trails.
- The rental doesn’t have running water.
The Wee Love Nest & Luv Tub – The Fairytale Treehouse for a Cozy Hideaway
Source: Airbnb.com, The Wee Love Nest & Luv Tub
My boyfriend and I named the Wee Love Nest our fairytale treehouse because of all the special details and comforts. It’s in a great secluded area on 9 acres of land with several other rentals, yet lots of privacy. The one-bed, one-bath is cozy and clean and includes great amenities like a king-size bed, books, board games, a full bath with a walk-in shower and rain shower head, a hot tub, and even an outdoor fire pit.
I loved the cute hens and ducks that walked the property, and I had fun feeding them. Our treehouse had a kettle, mini fridge, and microwave available, but there was also a fully equipped kitchen to share very close by. The space and surrounding land were so great we didn’t feel the need to leave the area.
Couples looking for seclusion and romance will love relaxing in the Wee Love Nest. Here are more reasons to love this treehouse cabin:
- Great amenities: The rental has a full bathroom with a rainfall shower head, a spacious king-size bed, an outdoor area for a pit fire, and a great hot tub, perfect for two.
- The 9-acre property has plenty of forested areas to explore, enjoy birdwatching, and take a walk. There are also fun hens and ducks you can feed.
- Cozy and comfortable setting: Everything is decorated and intended for a cozy romantic stay, with perfect lighting, comfort, and plenty of privacy.
This fairy tale treehouse is a fun and romantic getaway for couples. However, if you are looking for additional activities like pubs and restaurants, they are a 20 – 30 minute drive from the property. This fact didn’t bother us, but we stocked up on food and supplies before arriving.
- Enjoy a glass of wine in the private hot tub.
- Light the fire pit for some marshmallow roasting and gazing at the night sky.
- Take walks on the property or feed the ducks and hens.
- Prepare a romantic meal in the fully equipped communal kitchen.
- The property is about 30 minutes out from the nearest restaurants and shopping.
Wrapping up: The best treehouses in Scotland
Scottish treehouse accommodations offer an exceptional way to appreciate Scotland’s natural splendor. Secluded in their settings, these romantic treehouses in Scotland provide unmatched views, nestled among vibrant forests, lakes, and serene beaches. Opting for such unique stays in Scotland will promise a genuine, immersive experience, yet within easy reach of excellent eateries and pubs.
Both my partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our time in these top treehouses in Scotland. We selected only the absolute finest treehouse vacations in Scotland for this article, based on our firsthand experiences.
This assurance makes us confident that you’ll enjoy any Scotland treehouse holiday you pick from our list.
Read on attentively, and start your booking process! We’re certain we’ve included your dream adventure travel in Scotland!
Top Treehouse Rentals in Scotland
|Glamping Pod Treehouse with Private Hot Tub
|Ecclesgreig Holiday Park
|One-bedroom, one-bath treehouse for up to four guests, with a hot tub and access to the beach.
|Spacious, fully equipped kitchen, private hot tub, proximity to beach, shared picnic, BBQ, and park area.
|No WiFi or air conditioning.
|Loch Lomond, The Tree House
|One-bedroom, one-bath treehouse with modern amenities and a garden view.
|Modern amenities, outdoor bath, wood-burning stove, proximity to restaurants and pubs, breakfast items provided.
|No oven or stove in the kitchen, no air conditioning.
|The Tree Hoose
|One-bedroom treehouse overlooking Loch Broom and the Scottish Highlands, with nature trails nearby.
|Secluded location, viewing window, gift basket provided, bikes for use, underfloor heating.
|No air conditioning, no washing machine.
|Pine Marten Bar Glenmore Treehouse
|Cairngorm National Park
|One-bed treehouse for a small family, with views of the Cairngorm mountains and access to national park.
|Stunning views, proximity to hiking trails and lake access, on-site sauna, bar, cafe, and rental shop, pet-friendly.
|No WiFi or TV, may not be suitable for those with animal allergies.
|The Treetops Tree House Eco Cabin
|Eco-friendly, off-grid treehouse for two with outdoor kitchen and wood burner stove.
|Offers an off-grid experience, spacious outdoor area, outdoor cooking facilities, quick host response.
|No running water.
|The Wee Love Nest & Luv Tub
|One-bed, one-bath treehouse with a hot tub, on a 9-acre land offering plenty of privacy.
|Full bathroom, king-size bed, hot tub, outdoor fire pit, shared kitchen nearby.
|Restaurants and shopping areas are a 20-30 minute drive away.
What are all the amenities found in Scotland treehouses?
Scotland treehouses provide a variety of experiences, from off-the-grid treehouses with simple amenities to luxurious and romantic treehouse rentals. Most rentals have fully equipped kitchens, indoor bathrooms, spacious decks and balconies, and beautiful views. Other amenities include hot tubs, outdoor showers, fire pits, grills, beach access, and sporting equipment.
What is the best treehouse rental for outdoor enthusiasts?
Outdoor enthusiasts and nature lovers will love staying at the Tree Hoose in the Scottish Highlands. The forest location, with beach access and great mountains and forests, offers endless outdoor activities like swimming, kayaking, hiking, and biking. The hosts even provide two bikes perfect for nearby trails in the woodlands.
What is the unique treehouse rental in Scotland?
The Treetops Tree House Eco Cabin is a unique treehouse rental worth visiting for everyone looking for an off-the-grid experience. The Black Isle treehouse sleeps two guests and has a spacious covered deck, outdoor kitchen, gas camping stove, and a pizza oven. There is a wood burner stove inside for colder days and a fire pit outside for watching the night skies.
Last Updated on October 27, 2023 by Brian