Welcome to the best treehouse rentals Montana awards show!
My boyfriend and I have spent the last few weeks on the road, going from town to town and exploring the woods in search of the best Montana treehouse rental. For this, we consulted a ton of online reviews, consulted locals, and roughed it up by staying a few days in each treehouse.
Our travels led us to the Whitefish mountains, around Darby, Columbia Falls, and even to Bozeman, which had amazing treehouses with great locations, views, and amenities.
So after much back and forth and testing each tree house for ourselves, we finally narrowed it down to the top four treehouse rentals in Montana, ranked on the best hosts, facilities, convenience, and overall value.
Our goal with this article is to help you save time in finding the best Montana treehouse by sharing our personal experience. So every treehouse mentioned below is the best of the best, and you’re guaranteed a terrific time no matter your choice.
Let me see the best Montana treehouse rentals already!
Under Canvas Tree House at Glacier National Park – Best Montana Treehouse Rental for Glamping
Source: booking.com Under Canvas Tree House at Glacier National Park
My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the upscale Glacier National Park treehouse and had the most amazing time. The yurt-style treehouse is in the Under Canvas Glacier hotel accommodations in East Coram, close to Glacier National Park, plus many nature trails and lakes.
We loved the amenities, spacious interiors, and stunning forest views at this treehouse, which were still rustic, so you felt like glamping in the woods. Our favorite parts were the communal spaces, such as BBQ grills, a campfire ring, and restaurants onsite, where we could socialize with the other guests.
In addition, friendly and helpful staff members were onsite at all times, who ensured your stay was smooth from check-in until the moment you checked out.
So if you want to enjoy nature while having the best amenities, visit the Glacier National Park tree house, as it’s the best Montana treehouse rental. Here’s why:
- The staff: Guests will be looked after by the staff throughout their stay, who are present 24 hours onsite, attend to all your needs, and resolve any issues guests may face efficiently.
- The amenities: The treehouse is decked with all the amenities you’ll need, such as a full bathroom, central heating and air conditioning, good cell connectivity, a private seating area and balcony, and much more.
- The activities: There are hiking trails, nature walks, and river activities from the nearby park, and Flathead River, onsite restaurants to enjoy dining out, grills and outdoor fire pits for community gatherings, and more.
We had the best time here and could hardly find fault with our stay. However, guests should note that the accommodations are close to the road and a nearby train track, so there is noise from them periodically throughout the day and night.
- The treehouse is well-maintained, clean, and stocked with the essentials.
- The staff leaves complimentary flowers, drinks, and snacks for each guest.
- There is an onsite grocery store with carts you can take to the treehouse.
- The treehouse is within walking distance of Glacier National Park and many outdoor activity spots.
- The check-in process is smooth and easy.
- There is a lot of noise from the nearby road and train tracks.
Overall, the treehouse rentals at Glacier National park are terrific for families, couples, and solo travelers looking for a glamping experience in Montana.
Meadowlark Treehouse at Montana Treehouse Retreat – Best Luxury Tree House in Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort
Source: vrbo.com Meadowlark Treehouse at Montana Treehouse Retreat
My boyfriend and I stayed at the Meadowlark treehouse at the Montana Treehouse Retreat on a local’s recommendation and had the best time there. The treehouse is situated on 5 acres of private wooded property, minutes from Whitefish mountain ski resort slopes, Glacier National Park, and Flathead Lake.
We loved staying at this treehouse, which was designed by the Treehouse Guys of the DIY network and had all the luxury amenities you could think of. The double-decker treehouse has two outdoor decks, trees growing through them, a full kitchen, two bathrooms, and a cozy master bedroom with a private deck overlooking the woods.
Our host at this treehouse was Kati, an amazing person and an even better host, and she ensured our stay here was smooth.
So make sure to book the Meadowlark treehouse, as it’s one of the best Montana treehouse rentals. Here’s why:
- The luxury amenities: The treehouse features high-quality linens and furniture, padded benches facing a flat-screen TV in the living area for entertaining, a fully-equipped kitchen, private decks overlooking the woods, a cozy master suite with great views, and much more.
- The comfort and convenience: The treehouse promises privacy on the 5-acre woods, with no interruptions and occasional deer crossing the land, while being minutes from the best restaurants and stores Whitefish has to offer.
- The outdoor activities: Guests can explore the great outdoors in Whitefish Mountain Resort by golfing, fishing, rafting, kayaking, paddle boarding on the lake, skiing, snowboarding, visiting hiking trails, and even horseback riding.
We had a relaxing stay here without any problems, thanks to Kati. However, the only minor inconvenience we faced was with the bed, which was stiff and hard to sleep on. But this isn’t necessarily a deal breaker, as some people prefer harder beds.
- The treehouse is beautifully furnished, secluded, and immaculate.
- The location is ideal for honeymooners, small families, or as a quiet writers retreat.
- The host is responsive and attentive throughout your stay.
- The treehouse has a spiral staircase leading to it and one on the upper level, which is great for taking in views of the forest.
- The private wooded setting is remote and minutes from fun outdoor activities.
- The bedding is stiff, and hard to sleep comfortably.
- There is another treehouse on the property so you may run into other guests here.
\Overall, the Montana Treehouse Retreat has an amazing rental for people looking for a quiet place to enjoy the woods.
Tamarack Tree House at Snow Bear Chalets – Best Ski in Ski out Treehouse Montana
Source: vrbo.com Snow Bear Chalets
My boyfriend and I are returning guests at the Tamarack tree house at Snow Bear Chalets, as it offers a winter retreat like no other. The treehouse is conveniently located on the slopes of Whitefish Mountain Resort, so you can enjoy a ski-in/ski-out experience here right outside your doorstep.
We instantly fell in love with this magnificent treehouse with stunning architecture, luxury finishes, and a comfortable interior. The treehouse is ideal for families and large groups, as it sleeps six people comfortably from its master bedroom with a queen bed, a loft with sleeping for four, two modern bathrooms, and many cozy living spaces. However, our favorite area was the private hot tub on the outdoor deck, which gave views of the slopes.
In addition, the treehouse is hosted by Gail, who’s an amazing host and ensures your stay is nothing short of perfect.
So treat yourself this winter and book a trip to the Snow Bear Chalets, as they offer the best Montana treehouse rentals. Here’s why:
- The attention to detail: The owners have paid a lot of attention to making the treehouse special, with touches like a balcony, viewing turret, and floor to ceiling windows to take in views of the snowy slopes, native Tamarack benches, cubbies, mantle, and decks, a huge fireplace to keep the living area cozy and much more.
- The comfort and convenience: The treehouse is decked with all the amenities you need for a comfortable stay, such as a gourmet kitchen, high-quality linens and furnishings, spacious bathrooms with a rain shower, closets to store your ski equipment, heated floors, a large TV with Netflix and Amazon, and more.
- The nearby places: In winter, you can enjoy skiing and snowboarding at Whitefish mountains right outside your door, and in summer, you can trek on hiking trails or ride for miles on mountain biking trails.
The only small issue guests should consider is that there are two treehouses near the Tamarack treehouse, so they won’t have complete privacy here.
- The treehouse is clean, well-furnished, and maintained to perfection.
- The treehouse has a gas grill and outdoor table with seating for alfresco dining.
- The treehouse is close to restaurants, bars, and retailers in West village.
- There are many shops to rent skis, snowboards, bikes, and other equipment nearby.
- The treehouses were voted TIME Magazine’s 100 World’s greatest places in 2018.
- There are guests staying very close in treehouses steps from yours so there isn’t a lot of privacy.
Overall, we had a fantastic time at the Snow Bear Chalets, and whether you’re with family, friends, or a couple on a romantic getaway, make sure to book the Tamarack.
Papa’s Treehouse – Best Montana Treehouse Rentals for Families
Source: airbnb.com Papa’s Treehouse
Enjoy roughing it out in the woods with a real treehouse camping experience at Papa’s treehouse, which is our favorite rental for a rustic getaway in the woods. My boyfriend and I had an unforgettable family trip here a few years back, and cannot recommend the location enough to couples, families, and adventure seekers.
We enjoyed disconnecting from the outside world during our stay here and tried living with no running water and electricity, only fresh water, lanterns, a gas grill, and a campfire. However, our favorite feature at this treehouse was the trap door leading to the loft, which gave stunning views of the entire property and surrounding woods.
In addition, the treehouse is hosted by Dale and Jackie, who are amazing hosts and ensure your stay is smooth.
So make sure to book Papa’s treehouse for your next getaway in the Bozeman area, as it’s the best Montana treehouse rental for families. Here’s why:
- The rustic amenities: The treehouse features some great amenities like fresh water for washing up, battery lanterns, a composting toilet, a gas heater and stocked fire pit in the winter, basic cooking utensils in the kitchen, and an ice chest.
- The living space: The comfortable treehouse includes a loft with a queen size bed, two bunk beds and a twin bed on the main level for sleeping, and a wrap-around deck, covered porch, and swing for relaxing and enjoying outdoor views.
- The location: The treehouse is close to the Bridger mountains and ski resort for skiing in the winter, Bozeman Hot Springs nearby if you want to take a shower, and hiking trails.
The only issue guests should consider while booking this treehouse is that there’s another accommodation close by within viewing range so they won’t have complete seclusion in the woods.
- The treehouse is very clean, well-maintained, and stocked with the essentials.
- The decks and loft give great views of the property.
- The hosts are amazing and live close by in case there’s an issue.
- There are occasional wildlife sightings on the property, such as deer and bears.
- The treehouse is close to ski resorts, trails, and many outdoor activities.
- There’s another accommodation close to the treehouse so you won’t have complete privacy.
- There’s a 1/4-mile hike in the woods to get to the treehouse, which is challenging in the snow.
To sum up, Papa’s treehouse is a terrific treehouse rental in the woods and one you shouldn’t miss on your trip to Montana.
Top Treehouse Stays in Montana
|Under Canvas Tree House at Glacier National Park
|East Coram, near Glacier National Park
|Upscale yurt-style accommodation; communal spaces like BBQ grills and campfire ring
|Well-maintained, complimentary gifts, onsite grocery, close to Glacier National Park, easy check-in
|Noise from nearby road and train tracks
|Meadowlark Treehouse at Montana Treehouse Retreat
|Near Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort
|Two outdoor decks, full kitchen, designed by Treehouse Guys of DIY network
|Beautifully furnished, ideal location, responsive host, spiral staircases, remote but close to activities
|Stiff bedding, another treehouse on the property
|Tamarack Tree House at Snow Bear Chalets
|Slopes of Whitefish Mountain Resort
|Ski-in/ski-out, private hot tub on outdoor deck, architecture and luxury finishes
|Clean, outdoor dining, close to amenities, awarded by TIME Magazine
|Limited privacy due to nearby treehouses
|Rustic camping, no running water or electricity, trap door to loft
|Very clean, great views, wonderful hosts, wildlife sightings, close to activities
|Nearby accommodation, challenging hike to reach
What are the best treehouse rentals Montana treehouse retreat?
People looking for the best Montana treehouse rentals should head to Columbia Falls, where the Montana Treehouse Retreat offers some terrific rentals. Among them, the Meadowlark Treehouse and the Raven’s Nest treehouse are widely considered the best, for their terrific amenities, views, and proximity to great skiing and hiking locations. In addition, these luxury rentals were built by the Treehouse Guys, so you’re guaranteed an architectural masterpiece no matter which one you choose.
What’s the Best Airbnb treehouse Montana?
Airbnb has some of the best rates and treehouse bookings in Montana, which are easy to rent. Especially Papa’s treehouse in Bozeman, the Raven’s Nest treehouse, Meadowlark treehouse, and the Darby treehouse are the best Airbnb treehouse rentals in Montana.
What’s the benefit of staying at the Raven’s Nest treehouse in Montana?
The Raven’s Nest treehouse is nestled on five acres of private woods close to Columbia falls and Whitefish mountain, featuring high-end amenities, an iron staircase leading to your retreat in the trees, two outdoor deck areas, an outdoor dining area, and much more. So guests can enjoy a luxurious stay among the Montana woods at this treehouse.
Should I stay at the treehouse Darby Montana?
If you’re looking for the best Darby sleeps, head to the treehouse rental that’s close to great skiing, hiking, and fishing locations in the Lost Pines trails and the Bitterroot River. The two-story structure is a treehouse for all seasons, with great amenities, a bird’s eye view of Bitterroot National Forest from your decks, and wildlife roaming the property from afar.
Winding Up The Best Treehouse Rentals Montana
If you need the best treehouses for a mountain getaway, head to Montana, which has amazing treetop rentals, luxury cabins, and quaint getaways for camping and glamping in the woods. So head to the treehouses mentioned in this article for the best Montana treehouse vacation.
Need a Montana treehouse for a family vacation? Book Papa’s treehouse and the Meadowlark treehouse.
Looking for a Montana treehouse with stunning views? Book the Snow Bear Chalets.
The best Montana treehouses are unmissable!
Last Updated on October 27, 2023 by Brian