Welcome fellow adventure travelers to Hawaii’s best treehouses!
My boyfriend and I are obsessed with the Hawaiian islands (I mean, who isn’t?) and have spent many summers vacationing here. So on our last trip, we decided to find the best treehouses in the state, which guaranteed a relaxing vacation close to all that Hawaii has to offer.
For this purpose, we consulted online reviews, took local recommendations, and drove to each treehouse to test it for ourselves.
So after much back and forth and roughing it out in each rental, we finally came up with the top five treehouses in Hawaii, ranked on the best amenities, locations, views, hosts, and overall value.
Our goal with this article is to help you save time and effort in choosing the best Hawaiian treehouse by sharing our personal experiences. So each rental you find below is an absolute gem, and you’re guaranteed a relaxing stay no matter which one you choose.
Warning: You may never want to leave once you visit these heavenly island treehouses!
Let me see the best Hawaii treehouse rentals!
Hale Hubner Treehouse Cottage minutes from Hawaii Volcanoes National Park – Best Hawaii Treehouse rental for Families
Source: vrbo.com Hale Hubner Treehouse Cottage minutes from Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Hale Hubner treehouse cottage on a local’s recommendation and had a fantastic time at this Big Island treehouse. The treehouse has an ideal location in Volcano Village, minutes from the Volcano National Park, with stunning views of the Kilauea volcano from its decks.
With its spacious interiors, stunning views from each window, and a huge deck, this rental is great for families and small groups as it easily accommodates four people. In addition, from the many comfortable amenities and unmatched views in this treehouse, we especially enjoyed the big kitchen, where we enjoyed cooking many fun meals and eating on the beautiful deck.
So book a few nights in paradise from the Hale Hubner treehouse, as it’s the best treehouse in Hawaii. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The interior spaces: The treehouse has cozy pine wood interiors and vaulted ceilings in the living room, a wood-fired stove, a comfortable bedroom with ample closet space, a spacious bathroom, a huge deck overlooking the property, and a full kitchen with all the amenities you’ll need.
- The amenities: Guests will enjoy high-quality linens, a TV in the master bedroom, ample comfortable seating indoors and outdoors, a fireplace, high-speed internet, parking space below the treehouse, and much more.
- The location: Guests can enjoy views of the Kilauea volcano which lights up the sky at night, the lava lakes formed by the Halema’uma’u crater, see Mauna Kea from the road, enjoy many waterfalls close to the treehouse, and even a farmer’s market nearby.
We had the best time at this treehouse and were at a loss to find fault with our stay. However, guests should note that the treehouse is nestled in the Village and is far from most grocery places, big restaurants, and other famous Big Island attractions.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and very private.
- The host is friendly and responsive throughout your stay.
- The treehouse is close to the Volcanoes National Park location.
- There are stunning starlit views enjoyed from the treehouse at night.
- The rental has all the amenities you need for a relaxing stay.
- The treehouse is far from most grocery stores, big restaurants, and other famous places on the Big Island.
- The location is not suitable for the elderly and people with mobility issues, as there are many stairs.
Overall, we had a fantastic time at the Hale Hubner treehouse, and it’s a terrific Hawaii treehouse rental for families.
Maile Treehouse – Best Luxury Treehouses in Hawaii
Source: vrbo.com Maile Treehouse – Best Glamping Treehouses in Hawaii
Prepare to immerse yourself in luxury from the gorgeous Maile treehouse, which is one of the best treehouse hotels in Hawaii. This is another terrific rental in a quiet neighborhood minutes from Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, our favorite rental for a comfortable stay on the Big Island.
The treehouse is ideal for couples and small groups, as its two floors serve as separate suites, consisting of master bedrooms with a queen size bed, bathrooms on each floor, a spacious sun deck, kitchen, and living area. Our favorite parts of this rental were the floor-to-ceiling windows which let in views of the rainforest, so it felt like you were always outdoors, and the high-end finishings.
So spoil yourself on this island vacation with the Maile treehouse, as it’s one of the best luxury hotel treehouses in Hawaii. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The modern amenities: The treehouse has heating mattress pads in the beds, a two-sided gas fireplace, a flat screen TV in the living space, a full kitchen and bathrooms, a beautiful sun deck with great outdoor furniture, a lava rock hot tub, and much more.
- The attention to detail: The hosts have paid extra attention in making the treehouse special, with details like fun board games, unique Hawaiian history books, complimentary robes, and umbrellas, plus architectural touches like tall ceilings, cherry wood floors, built-in bookcases, and cabinets, huge windows, and skylights.
- The comfort and convenience: The treehouse optimizes guest comfort with high-quality linens and towels, a fully-stocked kitchen, a jacuzzi bathtub near a window overlooking the forest, hospitable hosts, and closeness to prime locations in the Village.
The only small problem we faced while staying at this treehouse was the lack of privacy, as there is no covering over the large windows and they look directly onto the neighboring property.
- The treehouse is immaculate, beautifully furnished, and well-maintained.
- The hosts are welcoming, responsive and attentive throughout your stay.
- The treehouse has jungle surroundings and volcanoes in the distance.
- Guests can enjoy complete seclusion from the two suite floors.
- The location is close to stunning beaches and waterfalls.
- There isn’t much privacy in the treehouse as the windows lack any covering and look onto a neighboring property.
Overall, our stay at the Maile treehouse on the Big Island was perfect, and we recommend it to couples and small groups looking for a relaxing getaway.
Big Island Bamboo Treehouse near Volcano National Park – Best Romantic treehouse rentals Hawaii
Source: vrbo.com Big Island Bamboo Treehouse near Volcano National Park
Surprise your significant other with a honeymoon getaway from the Big Island Bamboo treehouse, which is one of our favorite rentals in Hawaii. The treehouse is perched 14 feet above the ground, surrounded by a picturesque jungle, and in a secluded location away from crowded tourist hubs.
My boyfriend and I loved our time at this treehouse, which has a beautiful spiral staircase leading to it, cozy two-person interiors with a queen size bed for sleeping, and a wraparound deck to take in the forest views. In addition, the treehouse is close to some great black and green sand beaches and waterfalls, which we took full advantage of by visiting every day.
So enjoy treetop living from the Big Island Bamboo treehouse, an amazing Hawaii treehouse for couples and solo travelers. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The amenities: The treehouse has a comfortable bed with linens provided, a full bathroom, a kitchenette with basic cooking utensils, a smart TV, and great outdoor furniture for lounging as you take in the forest views.
- The nearby locations: The treehouse is minutes from Volcanoes National Park, lava tubes, restaurants, shops, art galleries, a farmers market, famous golf courses, and nature trails.
- The activities: Guests can enjoy swimming and surfing from nearby green and black sand beaches, hike to the Akaka and Rainbow Falls, visit lush botanical gardens, take a helicopter and boat ride over the Big Island, and much more.
The only small problem we faced while at this treehouse was getting in contact with our property manager, as he was unresponsive and we had to solve some issues alone.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and adequately furnished.
- There is a beautiful fireplace and mood lighting, which creates a great ambiance.
- The view of the jungle and volcano from the outdoor deck is stunning.
- You can hear native birds, coqui frogs, and other wildlife singing in the jungle.
- They provided beach towels and beach umbrellas for guests.
- It is difficult to reach the property manager in case of an emergency.
- The spiral staircase leading to the treehouse is difficult to climb, so older people or those with mobility issues need to be cautious.
All in all, the Bamboo treehouse is a perfect rental for a couple’s weekend on Big Island.
Dreamy Tropical Tree House – Best Treehouse Rental in the Hawaiian Rainforest
Source: airbnb.com Dreamy Tropical Tree house – Best Romantic treehouse rentals Hawaii
My boyfriend and I are returning guests at the Dreamy tropical tree house, as it’s one of the most beautiful treehouses in Hawaii. This adult-only treehouse has a terrific location in the Hawaiian rainforest on Big Island, with close proximity to most volcanoes, state parks, waterfalls, beaches, and outdoor activities.
We loved our time at this eco friendly treehouse, which offers a rustic glamping experience from its solar-powered systems, outdoor shower, sustainable building materials, and reusable resources. However, the best part was the jaw-dropping touches like a hanging fairy bed below the treehouse, a trapdoor leading to the lanai (deck) space, the huge windows overlooking the property, and the rainwater collecting above the shower.
In addition, our host, Kristie, was amazing and ensured our stay was comfortable with her generous hospitality.
So book the dreamy tropical tree house for an unmatched treehouse living experience in Hawaii. Here’s why we consider it one of the best treehouse rentals in Hawaii:
- The attention to detail: The owner has put a lot of thought and time into making the treehouse special, with touches like a handmade chandelier and hanging lights, port-hole windows, a rock sink, and a comfortable platform bed.
- The amenities: The treehouse has an indoor and outdoor shower, clean towels and linens, a full bathroom, tiki torch flashlights, outdoor furniture on the lanai, basic cooking amenities, a gramophone music player, and some games.
- The eco-friendly touches: The treehouse’s bamboo pillars were harvested from the local forest, the bath and kitchen products are all organic and eco-friendly, the treehouse is solar-charged, the lighting is all-natural, and the water is secured from a rainwater catchment system.
Our time at this treehouse was without any problems. However, there is a lack of hot water in the showers, which can make bathing an issue as it gets cold on the island.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- The huge picture windows give stunning views of the property.
- The treehouse is close to most hiking trails, beaches, and waterfalls on Big Island.
- The treehouse is stocked with all the amenities you need for a relaxing stay.
- The owners give a small percentage of their rent to save the rainforests in Hawaii.
- There is little to no hot water in the showers.
- It is difficult to reach the property managers for help after checking in.
Overall, the dreamy tropical treehouse is a great place for a few night’s getaway on the Big Island.
Kona Luxury Treehouse w/ Ocean View – Kailua Kona
Source: airbnb.com Kona Luxury Treehouse w/ Ocean View – Kailua Kona
My boyfriend and I are returning guests at the Kona Luxury treehouse, which is an amazing rental in the Kailua-Kona area. The treehouse is built among live Kukui nut trees on a working fruit farm, with views of the ocean and tropical rainforest on all sides.
We had a terrific time at this treehouse, which has luxury amenities such as a full kitchen with the latest appliances, chic granite countertops, high-end finishings on the furniture, a custom floor-to-ceiling glass shower in the bathroom, and much more. However, our favorite space was the custom-built wraparound lanai, where we enjoyed many beautiful sunset views and drinks.
In addition, our host, Jeff, was always a call away and ensured we had a hotel-like experience.
So book the Kona treehouse for a pampered getaway, as it’s one of the best luxury tree houses in Hawaii. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The luxury amenities: There’s an infrared sauna, a private hot tub space below the treehouse, a full kitchen, a spa-like bathroom, a spacious bedroom with a custom king-size Mango wood bed and dresser, and many complimentary goods.
- The attention to detail: The treehouse has many special touches like pocket doors sliding from the bedroom to the private lanai, a spiral staircase leading to the downstairs spa area, cozy outdoor furniture, and high-quality furnishings and linens.
- The location: The farm location has two hundred fruit trees growing, and guests have access to fresh tropical fruit, plus the chicken coop, farm-fresh eggs and milk for breakfast, and a chance to interact with the sweet farm animals.
Before booking, guests should consider that the treehouse is not entirely private, as the hosts live pretty close by, and the treehouse looks onto their property.
- The treehouse is beautifully furnished and well-maintained.
- The hosts are friendly and responsive.
- The treehouse is surrounded by the ocean and tropical foliage.
- The rental is stocked with all the amenities you need for a relaxing stay.
- The location is close to all Big Island has to offer.
- The treehouse is not very private as the hosts and their family lives very close.
- There is a lot of road noise from passing cars on the highway.
Overall, the Kona luxury tree house is a terrific rental for people needing hotel-like accommodation while enjoying treetop living.
What’s the benefit of staying at the Sunset beach treehouse bungalow?
The Sunset beach treehouse bungalow in North shore Oahu is an ideal rental for small groups and beach lovers. The rental has a stunning location over Oahu’s most famous surf spots, so guests can access the best waves, boogie boards, kayaks, surfboards, and stand-up paddleboard rentals.
Should I stay at the Mokuna tree house?
If your island vacation falls in the Volcano Village, the Mokuna tree house is your best bet. The rental accommodates two people easily from its spacious and well-lit living spaces, eco-friendly, unique architecture, and luxury finishes, all for a great rental price. So book the Mokuna tree house for an amazing getaway on the Big Island.
What’s the benefit of staying at the Skye Treehouse rentals in Hawaii?
Another favorite treehouse rental on the Big Island is the Skye tree house, which is close to the Volcanoes National Park and other attractions in the area. This is one of Hawaii’s best treehouse hotels with modern amenities, a stunning location, the best tropical rainforest views, and excellent facilities for a relaxing stay.
Is the Tiny House in Hawaii the HGTV treehouse?
Yes! The Tiny Tropical treehouse, also known as the Tiny House, was featured on HGTV, as it’s a terrific treehouse rental in Hawaii. The treehouse comes with amazing perks like a heated outdoor shower, a hot tub, and an indoor fireplace, plus cozy bedrooms and lots of privacy among thick tropical foliage. So book the Tiny Tropical treehouse for your ideal vacation in Hawaii.
Winding Up Best Treehouse Rentals Hawaii
Hawaii’s islands check all the boxes for a perfect vacation; sunny beaches, tropical rainforests, volcanic skies, and island life. But for your best vacation, you need the best accommodation, and the treehouses in Hawaii are perfect for both short and long-term stays on the island at affordable prices.
So you can find the best Hawaii treehouse rentals for yourself and your loved ones from the comprehensive list mentioned above.
Looking for the best family-friendly treehouse in Hawaii? Book the Hale Hubner tree house.
Need a romantic treehouse in Hawaii? Don’t miss the Bamboo Treehouse in Hawaii.
Looking for luxury treehouse hotels in Hawaii? Try the Maile treehouse and Kona Luxury treehouse.
The best Hawaiian treehouses have everything you’re looking for and more!
Last Updated on October 27, 2023 by Brian