Welcome to the best-of-the-best treehouse rentals in Asheville!
My boyfriend and I were so excited to spend a few weeks in Asheville, NC, this summer that we decided to explore all the area’s treehouse rentals.
We found some fantastic places, including spacious luxury home rentals, luxury treehouse cabins, romantic treehouse rentals for couples, and more.
We researched a lot of online reviews and consulted with state travel agencies to find the best treehouse rentals in Asheville.
Our adventure took us all over North Carolina, intending to help you save time and money when picking your perfect treehouse rental.
We ranked our top picks based on location, view, amenities, host communication, and overall experience.
So without delay, here are the ultimate treehouse rentals Asheville, NC has to offer!
Source: Airbnb.com Asheville’s luxury treehouse!
Magnolia Mountain Home – Most Spacious Asheville Treehouse
The Magnolia Mountain treehouse rental was perfect for our stay with friends. The three-bedroom, two-bath home has a large living room, a king and queen size bed, and a private balcony with a spacious outdoor dining area. The full bathroom had a wonderful tub I loved soaking in.
There was also a private hot tub, and we spent our evenings enjoying it. The location was close to Blue Ridge Parkway and Biltmore Estate. We tried a lot of hiking trails, cycling, horseback riding, and even rafting.
This place was our favorite treehouse rental close to downtown Asheville. Here are three reasons you will want to book it:
- Amenities: The treehouse cabin has a full bathroom, fully equipped kitchen, fireplace, hot tub, washer, and dryer.
- Location: Blue Ridge Parkway and Biltmore Estate provided great outdoor activities while being close to downtown Asheville allowed us to shop, eat out, and visit some nice bars.
- The view: The back deck was surrounded by a lush forest, making us feel relaxed, listening to the birds.
- It’s hard to find fault with this property because it’s one of the best treehouse rentals available. The only thing I didn’t love was that there were other homes and rentals nearby. It wasn’t secluded.
- Soak in the private hot tub surrounded by trees.
- Have your meals in the peaceful outdoor dining area.
- Get a Biltmore Estate pass, or visit the Blue Ridge parkway for great outdoor activities.
- Prepare a great meal with your partner and friends in the gourmet kitchen.
- The treehouse cabin is part of a residential area. It needs some seclusion.
Source: vrbo.com Magnolia Mountain Home
The Parkwood Tree House – Best Family Asheville Treehouse Rental
This funky Asheville treehouse is original and perfect for a family. It’s a two-bed, two-bath that sleeps up to six guests. We enjoyed it with our favorite couple and appreciated all the modern amenities, including a cozy living room, air conditioning, and a coffee maker. We enjoyed the spacious wrap-around deck with patio chairs and a hot tub.
Downtown Asheville is only five minutes away, so it was easy to walk and do some great shopping and dining. I enjoyed the nearby hiking trails, bird watching, and even fishing. This treasure is the perfect treehouse vacation for those with pets. There is plenty of outside room for them to explore, and the property is pet friendly.
This spot was one of our top Asheville treehouse rentals because:
- Outdoor activities: Just minutes away, there are great hiking trails, bird and wildlife-watching opportunities, and water activities like fishing and paddle boating.
- Fun interior: The inside of the treehouse rental is decorated with handmade details, wood finishes, and fun furniture pieces, making it comfortable and exciting.
- Amenities: The kitchen is fully functional, with a full bathroom, hot tub, and washer and dryer.
Being one of our top Asheville treehouses, it’s hard to find fault with this property. However, we had a few issues because there were no channels on the TV, and the front door would not lock.
- Take a dip in the private hot tub nestled in the trees.
- Enjoy your morning coffee and breakfast at the handmade dining table.
- Grill and enjoy the spacious deck in privacy.
- Go hiking and bird watching, or do some nearby fishing.
- The TV doesn’t have many channels, so we did not use it.
Source: vrbo.com The Parkwood tree house
Explore Further: Immerse yourself in the mountain beauty with our treehouse rentals in Gatlinburg, enjoy the family-friendly charm of treehouse cabins in Pigeon Forge, and delve into the diverse landscapes of Tennessee.
Treehouses of Serenity (Dragon’s Knoll): The Earth & Sky Dwellings – The most popular treehouse rentals near the Blue Ridge Mountains
My boyfriend and I rented this excellent treehouse rental which is part of seven unique homes on the property (Treehouses of Serenity). The property had one spacious bedroom with a queen size bed, a full bathroom with a walk-in shower, and a kitchenette. There is also a gas-run fireplace and an outside fire pit.
The property had a stunning mountain view, and we watched the beautiful sunset from the rental each night. We loved being minutes away from downtown Asheville and even closer to multiple markets for supplies and food.
Though this is not one of the traditional treehouse rentals in Asheville, NC, it’s a great experience; here is why you will love it:
- Romantic: The cozy interior design, comfy details, and breathtaking views make this a perfect nest for romance.
- Great location: The rental is only minutes from the downtown Asheville location, yet it’s secluded in a mountain area overlooking a layered landscape.
- Unique experience: Most of the rental is underground, yet it is cozy and full of light. Everything is unique, including the round door and windows.
We thought this was a unique North Carolina treasure, so we had to include it. Keep in mind that there are multiple rentals here. And you must have a four-wheel drive to get to this mountain spot.
- Watch the romantic sunset right in front of the rental.
- Enjoy the layered mountains and forests with your morning coffee.
- Go shopping and restaurant hunting in the downtown Asheville location.
- Sleep in and spend time in a one-of-a-kind underground home.
- There are multiple rentals on the property as part of Treehouses of Serenity or Earth and Sky Dwellings.
- You need a four-wheel drive to reach the rental.
Source: Airbnb.com Treehouses of Serenity
The Treehouse: Asheville Luxury Treehouse Close to Downtown and Blue Ridge Parkway
My boyfriend and I agreed that this rental was one of the most luxurious treehouses in the state. The one bedroom had a clean and comfortable queen size bed, a private balcony, a fully equipped gourmet kitchen, air conditioning, a gas fireplace, and even an outdoor shower.
We loved being minutes away from the Blue Ridge mountains and seeing plenty of wildlife around this gorgeous treehouse. The luxury treehouse is close to the Carolina Jewel. In the evenings, we used the fire pit and loved all the fireflies that gathered around the trees.
This spacious luxury home is one of the most romantic and beautiful treehouse rentals for couples. Here are more great treehouse features you will love:
- Surroundings: A little creek is at the bottom of the hill, shared with the Carolina Jewel. Also, the woods are full of diverse plants, trees, and wildlife.
- Amenities: There are many luxury details like the grill, gas fireplace, outdoor shower, creek access, spacious furniture and dining table, fire pit, and air conditioning.
- Family-friendly: The Asheville treehouse sleeps comfortably four quests and is pet friendly.
Being one of the most luxurious treehouse rentals in Asheville, there is not much to complain about here. The walk to the treehouse is steep! So pack lightly or go back for more luggage.
- Take a refreshing private outdoor shower after a forest walk.
- Enjoy the creekside for some bird watching and wildlife.
- Read a book in the comfy and spacious living room area.
- Watch fireflies gather as you light the outdoor fire pit.
- Getting to the property is an uphill walk and can be difficult with luggage.
Source: Airbnb.com Asheville’s luxury treehouse!
Fairytale Treehouse Cottage – One of the Best Luxury Glamping spots
This property offers four luxury glamping spots on the property and offers a complimentary gourmet breakfast in bed! We rented the treehouse cottage, a spacious bedroom with a queen bed and half bath. There is a wrap-around deck and private outdoor shower, and they serve the best coffee and local brews. It’s run like a hotel, and the treehouse guys were always at our service.
These Asheville treehouses are located on a twenty acres sanctuary. Each day they pre-lit our fire pit for us! There is plenty of shared space with swings and walking paths. There is plenty of wildlife and birds to see right on the property.
Make sure to visit one of the glamping Asheville treehouses because:
- Service: The rental offers complimentary gourmet breakfast in bed, freshly brewed coffee, local brews, and help planning your visits and lighting the outdoor fire pit.
- Comfortable interior: The cottage is spacious and authentic and has a comfy, clean queen bed with bridge access for the loft.
- Outdoor surroundings: The Asheville treehouse is on a 20-acre sanctuary with beautiful plants and outdoor activities.
This North Carolina jewel is perfect for couples looking for some pampering. It only lacks seclusion, considering it is more of a hotel-style camp. There is less privacy than in most of the other Asheville treehouses.
- Star watch and have some drinks next to the pre-lit fire pit.
- Enjoy a delicious, freshly made breakfast in bed.
- Read a book on the giant swing.
- Cool off under the outdoor shower.
- Enjoy a romantic meal on the wrap-around deck and comfortable patio chairs.
- The property has four rentals and service by the hosts. So it is partially secluded.
Source: Airbnb.com OUTLANDER GLAMPING / FAIRYTALE TREEHOUSE COTTAGE
Magnolia Mountain Treehouse near Blue Ridge Parkway – The Best Forest Retreat in North Carolina
My boyfriend and I loved the Hideaway Magnolia treehouse in the Blue Ridge Mountains. The one bedroom had a beautiful loft with a queen bed and large windows looking out onto the National Forest. This place was a perfect treehouse vacation for two.
There is a cozy living room, a full gourmet kitchen, and a spacious back deck surrounded by the lush forest. There is also a lovely fireplace inside.
We loved all the hiking trails on the property and spent a lot of time bird-watching and wildlife-watching. There were animals like flying squirrels, bunnies, deer, and more.
This Asheville treehouse was unique for many reasons. Here are three that will make you want to book it:
- Location: The treehouse is on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and you can get a Mountain Discovery Pass to access the Biltmore Estate or enjoy the many great hiking paths and trails.
- Amenities: There is an excellent, fully stocked kitchen, a comfortable living room, a queen bed in the loft, and a deck (all surrounded by a lush forest.)
- Forest activities: Get a Mountain Discovery pass and explore the famous estate, or enjoy the bird watching, wildlife, and hikes in the national park.
This place is one of the most friendly Asheville treehouse rentals on the list. However, the owners live in the main house below. This fact did not bother us. Also, there is a composting toilet and an outside shower. Not suitable for winter months.
- Take a hike through the national forest and observe the wildlife.
- Enjoy a peaceful meal on the spacious private deck, surrounded by the forest.
- Explore the nearby estate.
- Read your favorite book next to the fireplace.
- Enjoy the sound of the rustling trees and birds with your morning coffee.
- Guests can use the only indoor shower in the main house with the host’s permission if they stay longer than two days.
Source: Airbnb.com Magnolia Mountain Treehouse
Pisgah View Mountain Retreat Treehouse – Best Mountain Retreat and View
We invited some friends to stay with us at the Pisgah View Mountain Retreat, and we all had a great time. The view of the mountain was breathtaking, and we loved exploring the Pisgah national forest. We also visited west Asheville for some great restaurants.
The three-bedroom, two-bath is cozy yet spacious with stunning mountain and forest views. Our favorite treehouse features were the large living room, spacious deck and grill, wood-burning fireplace stove, and floor-to-ceiling windows in the master bedroom.
This rental was one of our favorite Asheville treehouses because:
- The location: Close to Pisgah national forest and only minutes from west Asheville, this treehouse is perfect for outdoor and urban city activities.
- Amenities: The property has a spacious deck with stunning views, modern appliances, floor-to-ceiling windows, and outdoor furniture perfect for eating outside.
- The view: With magnificent views of Mount Pisgah, the property offers endless forest and mountain views.
This place is an excellent treehouse rental for families or couples visiting with friends. However, the rental has no air conditioning, making the nights uncomfortable.
- Light the grill and enjoy a peaceful meal on the private deck.
- Enjoy the mountain and forest views with your morning coffee.
- Explore the hiking trails and bird-watching nearby.
- Go shopping in West Asheville with your friends or family.
- It can get humid in the summer, and no air conditioning exists.
Source: Airbnb.com Pisgah View Mountain Retreat Treehouse
Winding Up: The Best Treehouse Rentals in Asheville NC
North Carolina is a beautiful state, with many naturally beautiful places to visit, especially around Asheville. Beautiful treehouse rentals in Asheville, NC, offer great amenities like fire pits, hot tubs, outdoor showers, forest-surrounded properties, and majestic mountain escapes.
Our list combines all the best Treehouses Ashville, NC, has to offer for all types of travelers. Whether you are looking for a romantic weekend, an anniversary spot, or a treehouse for the whole family, we have it.
Trust us, these are the best-of-the-best treehouses in Asheville, and there is something great for everyone!
What’s the best downtown Asheville treehouse rental?
The Magnolia Mountain Home is a family-friendly three-bedroom, two-bath home with a large living room and spacious balcony. The property is minutes away from downtown Asheville.
For a more unusual and romantic option for couples, check out Dragon’s Knoll by The Earth & Sky Dwellings (formally known as Treehouses of Serenity.) This one-bedroom, one-bath home has a spacious living area, stunning views, and a walk-in shower.
What are the unique Asheville treehouses for rent?
For an exciting couple adventure, check out the underground Dragon’s Knoll, one of seven properties run by The Earth & Sky Dwellings (formally known as Treehouses of Serenity.)
Another great option is The Parkwood Tree House, a funky Asheville treehouse rental surrounded by forests and trails. It’s full of handmade details and modern amenities, including a cozy living room, air conditioning, and a hot tub. This place is an honest North Carolina treat for families.
What are some standard treehouse features in Asheville, NC?
Asheville treehouse rental options range from simple and secluded cabins to hotel-like service treetop cottages and even luxury treehouse rentals. Many include fully equipped kitchens, bathrooms, master bedrooms, and additional amenities like fire pits, outdoor showers, hot tubs, and even breakfast service in bed.
Last Updated on February 5, 2024 by Brian