Adventure lovers gather around for the best treehouse rentals in majestic North Carolina!
My boyfriend and I loved our road trip through North Carolina, searching for the perfect treehouse rentals.
While driving, we found the best treehouse rentals in the Great Smoky Mountains, Maggie Valley, Nantahala National Forest, Blue Ridge mountains, and other beautiful locations. Among them are luxury treehouse rentals, cozy getaways for couples, and family-friendly treehouses near outdoor adventures.
After staying in many treehouses we found through internet reviews, travel agencies, and recommendations by the locals, we finally narrowed down our list to the top eleven vacation rentals.
We aimed to write an article that will save you money and time while giving you a detailed overview of the best treehouse rentals North Carolina has to offer.
Our picks are based on location, views, amenities, host interaction, and the overall experience. We carefully analyzed all our choices to ensure you get the best-of-the-best options and quickly and easily find your perfect treehouse.
Warning: These rentals are amazing! You will want to visit them all!
Source: Airbnb.com Treehouse on the Blue Ridge Parkway near Boone NC
The Romantic Treehouse – The Luxurious Treehouse above the Carolina Jewel by the DYI Network Treehouse Guys
Source: Vrbo.com Romantic Treehouse #bucketlist, Asheville, NC
The Romantic Treehouse by the DYI Network Treehouse Guys was our favorite secluded and peaceful getaway. The one-bedroom, two-bath in Reems Creek Valley sleeps up to four guests and has a large wrap-around deck surrounded by trees, a gas grill, a rocking chair area to enjoy the sunset, and a hot outdoor shower with full privacy.
We loved the interior with a beautiful gas log fireplace, air conditioning, gourmet kitchen, dining area, and on-site laundry. This NC treehouse rental is in the perfect location for us, especially because we love outdoor adventures. We enjoyed hiking, zipline touring, and tubing near the Blue Ridge Parkway.
This rental was our favorite North Carolina treehouse because of its peaceful and comfortable feeling. Here are three reasons why you will love it two:
- The amenities: The kitchen is fully equipped with modern appliances, the furniture is modern and comfortable, and there is WiFi, satellite TV, and air conditioning, with a spacious outdoor deck for grilling and eating.
- The view and outdoor space: We loved being surrounded by a tall, lush green forest filled with birds and small wildlife. There is a beautiful sunset view from the deck.
- Location: Within minutes, we could visit the Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville, NC, and Weaverville.
This amazing North Carolina Treehouse is almost flawless. However, remember there is a short hike to get to the property and stone steps. It’s not wheelchair accessible.
- Enjoy breakfast in the spacious queen-sized bed with luxury bedding surrounded by forest views.
- Read a book by the romantic gas fireplace.
- Watch a romantic sunset from the wrap-around deck.
- Visit Blue Ridge Parkway for outdoor adventures like zip lining, tubing, and hiking.
- Some might find the short hike to the property difficult or the use of multiple stairs.
The Tree Tops Treehouse – The Family Friendly Asheville, North Carolina Getaway
Source: Vrbo.com Tree Tops – Stunning ‘ Treehouse’ With Upscale Amenities, Asheville, NC
The tree Tops treehouse rental was perfect for our friends because it sleeps up to ten people in six bedrooms. The interior is beautiful with a fully stocked modern kitchen, soaking bathtub, walk-in showers, floor-to-ceiling windows, gas grill, swing bed, and even a game room area with a ping pong table. We saw many animals on the property, including deer, rabbits, and wild turkeys.
The location was peaceful in the mountains of Asheville, North Carolina. We enjoyed visiting Grove park, Beaver Lake View Park, and many activities, including group rafting (so much fun!), cycling, and hiking.
This spot is a top treehouse rental for groups and larger families. Here are some great reasons you should book it:
- Upscale interior: The furniture is modern, clean, and comfortable. The kitchen has all the needed appliances, and the bathrooms have a soaking bathtub and walk-in showers. There is also an indoor circular fireplace.
- Peaceful surroundings: There are oversized windows and gorgeous mountain and forest views of the North Carolina mountains around the treehouse.
- Nearby activities: The North Carolina mountains include fishing, rafting, hiking, cycling, and bird watching.
This spot was the best treehouse rental to enjoy with our friends. However, the hosts could have cleaned the deck area and kitchen better. We did some of our cleaning in the kitchen.
- Enjoy your morning coffee to the sound of the birds and watch wildlife like deer and rabbits.
- Grab a book and enjoy the floor-to-ceiling windows with a perfect forest view.
- Prepare a family meal in the fully equipped kitchen.
- Visit the nearby parks for hiking and bird watching.
- The property is close to the highway, and cars are heard sometimes.
The Tree House in the Nantahala National Forest with a Hot Tub – Best Getaway with Friends
Source: Vrbo.com The Tree House in the Nantahala National Forest with a Hot Tub
The Treehouse in Highlands was great for our friends and us. It was minutes from downtown and Harris Lake. We also visited nearby Pisgah National Forest, DuPont State Forest, and the Great Smoky Mountains trails. The four-bedroom, four-bath home sleeps up to eight people and has a queen-sized futon sofa bed for two more people. We loved the sleeping loft with its bathroom. And our additional guests appreciated the additional futon sofa bed downstairs.
Enjoying the private hot tub was my favorite pass time at the treehouse rental. We had plenty of privacy and loved the sound of the trees and birds around us. The fully equipped kitchen had many useful appliances and dishes for preparing meals. We ate most of our meals outside on the covered deck area.
This spacious timber treehouse rental is great for families or friends. Here are some more reasons you should book this NC treehouse rental:
- Location: The treehouse is a short walking distance from Main Street in Highlands and Harris Lake. Glen Falls, Cullasaja River Gorge, and Nantahala National Forest are within a few miles.
- Amenities: There is a fully equipped kitchen with all the needed appliances and a breakfast bar. There is also a full laundry and hot tub.
- Outdoor activities: With the mountains and parks just minutes away, we did some fishing, hiking, biking, and bird watching nearby.
This place was among the best group tree house rentals, and we enjoyed our experience. However, some furniture, like chairs and sofas, could be upgraded. It was mostly a visual thing; the furniture was comfortable.
- Walk to Main Street for great restaurants, coffee shops, and bars.
- Soak in the private hot tub, enjoying a glass of wine.
- Enjoy a family meal in the outside seating area.
- Light a bonfire under the stars.
- Enjoy the indoor or outdoor wood fireplace.
- Some of the couches could use an upgrade because they look retro.
The Glass Treehouse – The Modern Luxe Romantic Getaway
Source: Airbnb.com Glass Treehouse – Modern Luxe Romantic Getaway, Asheville NC
The Glass House treehouse rental was the best Airbnb property we rented. It was so romantic and perfect for our extended weekend alone. The luxurious secluded romantic treehouse has everything we need, including a modern interior, luxury stone walls and slate floors, air conditioning, a private hot tub, a fire pit, and a walk-in shower with a rainfall showerhead.
The wood fire fireplace and floor-to-ceiling windows looking out onto the creek were amazing. The location was close to Boone, Banner Elk, Hot Springs, and China Grove. We were close to Asheville, NC, and visited Lake Lure and the Black mountain.
This place was one of our favorite luxury treehouse rentals in North Carolina, and it’s perfect for couples. Here are three reasons to book this top-quality treehouse:
- Luxury interior: This treehouse rental has everything from luxury stone to a rainfall shower, a hot tub, a fire pit, floor-to-ceiling windows, a wood fire fireplace, and luxury bedding on a king-sized bed.
- Location: This tree house near Boone, NC, is close to Hot Springs, China Grove, Lake Lure, and the Black mountain.
- Activities: Being so close to many amazing locations, it’s easy to find great hiking trails, water and wildlife activities, shopping, eating, and antiquing.
This spot is one of the best vacation rentals in North Carolina for couples looking for modern upscale design and amenities. We loved everything about it except the road close to the cabin, which needed four-wheel drive and was somewhat difficult.
- Gather around the outdoor fire pit and enjoy the star-filled sky.
- Soak in the hot tub and enjoy wine while listening to the birds and the trees.
- Take some couples to hike on one of the many amazing trails in the nearby mountains.
- Get easily to downtown Asheville or Boon to explore restaurants and shops.
- The road to the tree house is difficult in bad weather. You will need four four-wheel drive.
Smoky Mountain Treehouse on 40-Acre Farm – The Best Tree Houses in Maggie Valley, NC for Couples
Source: Airbnb.com Smoky Mountain Treehouse-Cozy, Clean, HotTub, in Maggie Valley, NC
My boyfriend and I enjoyed staying at the Smokey Mountain Treehouse in Maggie Valley. The treehouse rental has room for six people, but it perfectly accommodates up to four guests (so no one sleeps on the sofa.) Both bedrooms have a comfortable queen-sized bed. The interior is clean and has everything needed, including a kitchen with all appliances and a full laundry.
We loved the spacious deck and yard area surrounded by a private wooded lot. The amenities were great, and we took full advantage of the hot tub, outdoor fire pit, rocking chair area, gas grill, and indoor gas log fireplace.
The location is amazing, with the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Blue Ridge Mountains, Cataloochee Ski Resort, Cherokee Museum, and golf at the Maggie Valley Club right at your fingertips.
This North Carolina treehouse is great for couples or smaller families. Here are some reasons you will love it too:
- Activities at the property: Without leaving the wooded area in a quiet street, you can soak in the hot tub, gather around the outdoor fire pit, lounge in an outdoor rocking chair, grill on the deck or cuddle up by the indoor fireplace.
- Amenities: The tree house has all the needed amenities and appliances for a comfortable home-like stay.
- Nearby attractions: Within minutes, activities like golfing, hiking, biking, whitewater rafting, and horseback riding are available.
As one of the top treehouse rentals in North Carolina, we loved staying here. However, there are a total of 6 homes on the street. There is privacy and a forested area, but it is not as secluded as some rentals.
- Relax in the secluded hot tub.
- Gather around the fire pit for drinks or roast marshmallows.
- Lounge in one of the rocking chairs and enjoy reading a good book.
- Try horseback riding or whitewater rafting minutes away from the tree house.
- This tree house is not as secluded as some of the other properties.
Treehouse on the Blue Ridge Parkway near Boone – The Coziest Treehouse in North Carolina
Source: Airbnb.com Treehouse on the Blue Ridge Parkway near Boone NC
We enjoyed our stay at the Blue Ridge Parkway treehouse built by Animal Planet’s Treehouse Masters. This glamping treehouse has a romantic upstairs loft and queen-sized bed. There is even a pull-out futon for additional guests.
We loved the property and the lush forest that was all around us. There were great walking and hiking trails right on the property. We enjoyed taking a break from TV and WiFi while staying here. The outdoor shower was fun and refreshing on hot days. Visiting, the French Broad River, was a fun outing for activities.
This rental is one of our favorite cozy tree house cabins because:
- The view: The tree house is nestled in a lush forest with a beautiful sunrise view through the trees.
- The glamping experience: The rental has all the basics for a comfortable stay without cell service and WiFi, allowing for a relaxing and secluded getaway.
- The hiking trails and location: We loved being only 20 minutes away from Boone, NC, yet being able to take multiple hikes, including the beautiful hike at the Cascades.
This rental is one of the NC treehouses that provide an authentic but comfortable camping experience. The outdoor shower and composting toilet outside were difficult to use at night, but we were okay with it.
- Take a break from technology and read a good book on the covered deck.
- Enjoy the picnic table on the deck for outdoor eating.
- Visit Boone, NC, for some shopping and a nice dinner at one of the restaurants.
- Enjoy the fully equipped kitchen and prepare romantic meals indoors or outside.
- The outdoor shower is not usable in the winter, but guests staying for more than two days can request to use the indoor shower in the host’shost’shost’s home.
Wizards Hollow at Earth & Sky Dwellings – The Unique Treehouse near downtown Asheville in the Blue Ridge Mountains
Source: Airbnb.com Wizards Hollow – Earth & Sky Dwellings, tree house hotels
We loved the Earth & Sky Dwellings, formally known as the Treehouses of Serenity, a beautiful combination of tree house hotels on a 16-acre area near Asheville, NC. There are six more rentals on the Odd Bits Hemp Farm. The Wizard Hollow was a unique treehouse in the Blue Ridge Mountains with a stunning mountain and forest view.
We loved the interior with lots of original artwork, large windows, a spacious spacious spacious bedroom with a queen-sizedqueen-sizedqueen-sizedqueen-sized bed, and a back yard with a fire pit. The balcony was our favorite place to have meals, and we even BBQed a few times. My favorite was the gorgeous sunset view each night. We were close to stores and bars, and the Asheville airport was about 35 minutes away.
Check out this unique treehouse rental, perfect for couples and some romance. We loved it because:
- The view: The tree house has stunning long-range mountain views and is surrounded by a lush forest covering the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Interior: The tree house is clean, well-designed, functional, and fun. We loved the artwork and unique fixtures.
- Amenities: The kitchenette is functional with dishes and utensils; there is a BBQ grill, fire pit, spacious balcony with an outdoor eating area, and a spacious living area.
This North Carolina treehouse was a cozy and special experience for us. However, multiple properties are nearby, and no washer or dryer exists.
- Enjoy some of the best mountain and sunset views in the area.
- Spend the evening under the stars next to the fire pit.
- Grill a nice meal and enjoy it on the deck.
- Go for a night out in Asheville, NC.
- There is no water and dryer in the treehouse rental.
The Sugar Creek Treehouse with Hot Tub – Best Green Mountain View for Families
Source: Airbnb.com Airbnb Sugar creek treehouse
This Airbnb Sugar Creek cabin is a cozy and funky sanctuary treehouse tucked away on six acres of forest with a mountain stream below the deck. This tiny treehouse has a fully equipped kitchen, dining area, a romantic upstairs loft, and a comfy living area. It sleeps up to six guests, but we found it perfect for the two of us.
We loved the amenities that made our stay extra special, like the hot tub, hammock, and fire pit. We also had a great view of the North Toe River and were only 20 minutes away from Roan Mountain State Park. Jenna was a fantastic host and helped us find great restaurants and hiking places. Our favorite place to eat was Jerusalem Garden Cafe, which had belly dancers on Saturday night.
We named this tiny treehouse our sanctuary treehouse because it was so peaceful and relaxing. Here are reasons you will love visiting:
- Great interior: The treehouse has a cozy sleeping loft, a fully equipped dining kitchen, and a living area, all decorated with authentic artwork. The windows have a gorgeous view.
- Amenities: This is a rare couple of tree house rentals with great appliances, a hot tub, fire pit, hammock, deck overlooking a mountain creek, and other modern comforts.
- Location: Green Mountain is a great small town to explore for food, shopping, and bars. The tree house is only 20 minutes away from Roan Mountain State Park.
We had a great time staying at this North Carolina tree house. One thing to keep in mind h however is that this is one of the tree house rentals with a no-water composting toilet, which can be inconvenient.
- Enjoy some private time in the hot tub.
- Roast hot dogs and marshmallows in the fire pit.
- Have your morning coffee while listening to the sound of the mountain stream and birds.
- Explore the woods around the property for wildlife and native plants.
- This rental is one of the NC treehouses with a no-water composting toilet.
The Luxurious Secluded Romantic Treehouse with Hot Tub – The Black Mountain Property with a Swinging Bridge
Source: Airbnb.com Luxurious Secluded Romantic Treehouse with Hot Tub
This was another Asheville, N, romantic treehouse for couples. The one-bed, one-bath is luxurious and has great amenities. We loved the led fireplace, hot tub, hot water outdoor shower, gas grill, and more. This timber treehouse is located on 14 acres of forest with a great valley view.
The host, Melissa, was very friendly and accommodating. She left us a welcome gift and helped us find close by activities. We visited the Hickory Nut Gap Farm and various local cheesemakers, Black Mountain, and found some great hiking nearby. On the property, we saw lots of wildlife, including deer.
This North Carolina treehouse is a great getaway for couples. Here is why you should visit:
- Accommodations: There is plenty to enjoy here, including the outdoor shower with hot water, a led fireplace, a fire pit, a gas grill, and a spacious deck.
- The view: The tree house has a beautiful valley view surrounded by lush green trees and wildlife.
- Host interaction: Melissa was an incredible host ensuring we were comfortable. She helped us find great places to eat and hike.
This rental is one of the most peaceful tree houses on our list. We loved everything about it. A long gravel road leads to the tree house, and it isn’t easy to get to with some cars.
- Spend some time next to the led fireplace reading your favorite book.
- Hop to Asheville, NC, for some great food and shopping.
- Have an outdoor BBQ surrounded by the forest.
- Light a bonfire and enjoy the star-filled night sky.
- The road to the treehouse is gravel and through the woods, which can be difficult to reach.
Raven Rock Treehouse – The Most Secluded Off-The-Grid Treehouse Hotel NC
Source: Airbnb.com Raven Rock Treehouse rental North Carolina
We loved the remote location of this tree house on a 40-acre wilderness wildlife preserve. This placewas the closest to a camping experience we had. There is no electricity, and the bathroom is an immaculately clean porta-potty. Still, this peaceful secluded North Carolina treehouse had so much to offer.
The panoramic view with a spacious deck is perfect for outdoor dining and enjoying the sunset. There is a nice indoor fireplace, an outdoor fire pit, and a BBQ grill. The location is only 10 miles from the Asheville airport and close to restaurants and a great winery we visited. Doug and Jen are great hosts and provide a lot of information before your trip, so keep in touch with them.
This North Carolina treehouse is perfect for couples looking for a camping experience. Here are more reasons you will love visiting:
- The property: The tree house is on a wildlife preserve and a great place to explore for animals and native plants and go bird watching.
- The view: The rental offers a panoramic view of lush forest and mountain views. The deck offers a picture-perfect sense every night.
- The hosts: Doug and Jen, will go above and beyond to help you have a great stay. Consult them about what to bring and where the best restaurants and shops are nearby.
This is one of the perfect tree houses if you love to camp. But there are a lot of stairs, and the tree house is high up. Not for those afraid of heights.
- Observe the diverse wildlife all around you.
- Go for a hike.
- Gather around the fire pit and observe the star-filled sky.
- Visit the close by wineries and breweries.
- The tree house is high in the tree and can sway. It’s not for those afraid of heights.
Crooked Shutter Treehouse, near Charlotte, NC – The Best Exclusive Heated Treehouse for Couples
Source: Airbnb.com Crooked Shutter Treehouse, near Charlotte, NC!
My boyfriend and I enjoyed the Crooked Shutter Treehouse, a one-bed, half-bath cabin like a treehouse decorated in rustic wood. It’s on a six-acre lot in a private wooded area near Lake Norman. I loved the pine forest view and the romantic sunset over the trees.
The bedroom is in a loft, and the downstairs has a kitchenette, living space, and toilet. The shower is an outdoor shower (which we loved using on a hot summer day.) We saw tons of wildlife, including squirrels and deer. And we enjoyed BBQing and eating at the picnic table.
This place is one of the great North Carolina treehouse rentals because:
- The location: The cabin treehouse is on a large lot surrounded by trees and near lake Norman, which is great to visit, especially for those who love to fish.
- The view: The patio is surrounded by tall lush trees to make you feel like you are in the middle of the jungle.
- Nearby activities: It’s quick to visit National Whitewater Recreational Center in Lake Norman, so there are many opportunities for water sports, rafting, tubing, fishing, and more.
This treehouse was a fun and rustic rental. We loved spending time on the spacious lot. However, some of the furniture could use an upgrade. The futon in the living room area warned. We also would have preferred an indoor shower.
- Go catch-and-release fishing on lake Norman.
- Have a bonfire under the stars.
- Prepare an outdoor meal on the grill.
- Enjoy your morning coffee with the sound of the trees and the birds.
- This property doesn’t have an indoor shower.
Winding Up: The Best Treehouse Rentals in North Carolina
Treehouse rentals in North Carolina are truly special. They offer various treehouse options, from glamping and romantic getaways for two to luxury vacation homes. That’s because there are beautiful forests, mountain ranges, rivers, and lakes where you can find your perfect treehouse getaway.
So if you are looking for the perfect treehouse rentals in North Carolina that suit your needs – look no further!
This article has the top eleven treehouse rentals in North Carolina that are perfect for everyone’s style and needs.
Trust us; there is something fun here for everyone!
What’s the best North Carolina treehouse near the Great Smoky mountains?
The Tree House in the Nantahala National Forest with a Hot Tub is a great location for families and groups visiting the Great Smoky mountains. The treehouse rental sleeps up to ten guests and is close to other beautiful locations like Pisgah National Forest and DuPont State Forest.
What are the best luxury treehouse rentals in North Carolina?
The Glass Treehouse is a luxurious secluded romantic treehouse. It offers great amenities like a modern interior, luxury stone walls and slate floors, air conditioning, a private hot tub, a fire pit, and a walk-in shower with a rainfall showerhead.
Another great option is the Luxurious, Secluded Romantic Treehouse with Hot Tub at the Black Mountain Property. It offers a led fireplace, hot tub, hot outdoor shower, gas grill, and more. It’s placed on 14 acres of forest with a great valley view.
What amenities do treehouse rentals – in North Carolina offer?
Most North Carolina treehouse rentals offer fully equipped kitchens, full bathrooms, living areas, and separate or loft bedrooms. Many treehouse rentals offer hot tubs, fireplaces, bonfire areas, outdoor showers, balconies, and spectacular views.
What is another good treehouse that didn’t make a list?
If you want additional romantic treehouse rentals, check out the Carolina Treehouse near Charlotte with a private pond. The property is perfect for couples and has a nice fire pit, outdoor shower, grill, swing bed, and a great view of the private pond.
Also, check out the Beacon Treehouse on Airbnb. The tree house rental sleeps two people and is a great option for those who love camping-style tree houses. The tree house has a queen-sized bed, an outdoor shower, a fire pit, and great nearby trails for hiking. The Beacon treehouse is also one of the best value rentals.
Last Updated on October 27, 2023 by Brian