Welcome to the best Maui treehouse rentals awards show!
Maui is my boyfriend’s favorite Hawaiian island, so we’ve spent many vacations relaxing on its beaches, exploring the rainforests, and hiking to its stunning waterfalls. So on our last trip, we scoured the island in search of the best treehouse rentals in Maui, which were close to nature and promised a rustic treetop living experience.
So we took help from locals, consulted the top online reviews for treehouse rentals, and tested each one by staying a few days. Our search led us to Kihei in South Maui, near Hana and Haleakala National Park in the East, Makawao in Upcountry Maui, and the North shore.
So after much back and forth and weighing the pros and cons of each rental, we narrowed it down to the five best treehouses and cottages in Maui, ranked on amenities, locations, views, and overall value.
Our goal with this article is to help you save time and money in booking the best Maui rental by sharing our personal experiences. So each treehouse mentioned below is the best, and you’re guaranteed an amazing stay no matter your choice.
Warning: Maui’s treehouses are highly addictive, and you may never want to leave after visiting them!
Let me see the best Maui treehouses already!
Treehouse Paradise Cottage – Best Treehouse Rental in Maui
Source: vrbo.com Treehouse Paradise Coge – Best Treehouse Rental in Maui
My boyfriend and I stayed at the Paradise cottage treehouse on our last trip to Maui and had a fantastic time. The rental is centrally located in Kihei, close to white sand beaches and two blocks to movie theaters, restaurants, cocktail lounges, open air markets, an in-line skate park, a public swimming pool, and tennis courts.
We loved our time at this cozy treehouse, with beautiful interiors, including a single master with a king-size bed, a full bathroom, a private lanai, and a full-sized kitchen with all the essentials. Our favorite part was cooking outdoors from the BBQ grill and enjoying our meals on the deck with the gentle Maui breezes.
In addition, the treehouse is hosted by Pamela and Juan, who’re great hosts and ensure your stay is comfortable.
So book the Paradise cottage the next time you’re in Kihei, as it’s one of the best Maui treehouses. Here’s why:
- The amenities: The treehouse has a full-service kitchen, all bed and bath essentials, a flatscreen TV in the living room, outdoor dining space, a grill on the deck, free parking, high-speed Wi-Fi, and much more.
- The peaceful surroundings: The treehouse is nestled amongst tall monkeypod trees, where native birds often flock, and gentle Maui breezes delight the senses from the spacious sun deck.
- The spaces: The upstairs cottage fulfills your need for peace and quiet from the private bedroom and deck spaces overlooking the garden and giving ocean views. The lower portion has spaces for cooking, dining, lounging, and entertaining.
We had a terrific at this treehouse and hardly faced any issues during our stay. However, guests should note that the treehouse gets flocked with flying ants during ant season. But the hosts are great at responding to such issues and help remove the insects immediately.
- The rental is managed by the property owners and is in the best shape.
- The treehouse is within walking distance of the beach, shops, restaurants, and grocery stores.
- Pam and Juan provide a cooler, beach towels, and local produce from farmer’s markets.
- The rental is stocked with all the cooking, cleaning, and bedding essentials you need.
- The treehouse is in a quiet residential area, which is ideal for enjoying peace and quiet.
- The treehouse can get an insect infestation during certain seasons (so you need to check with the hosts before booking.)
Overall, we had the best time at the treehouse paradise cottage, and we highly recommend it to couples and solo travelers visiting South Maui.
Honeymoon Cottage Treehouse – Best Vacation Cottage in Maui near Haleakala National Park
Source: vrbo.com Private, Honeymoon Cottage – Best Vacation Cottage near Haleakala National Park
Guests looking for a couple’s retreat in Maui should head to the island’s East shore, where the Honeymoon Cottage is nestled in Hana, minutes from Haleakala National Park. My boyfriend and I are returning guests at this treehouse, as it’s our favorite rental for a romantic and secluded getaway in Maui.
This treehouse is framed on all sides by the ocean and has a spacious deck for enjoying the sea breeze and stunning waterfront views. We loved our time at this cottage treehouse, which has an open-plan living space with a spacious living room, full kitchen, secluded sleeping nook with a queen bed, and floor to ceiling windows opening onto the deck.
In addition, the treehouse is hosted by Anya and Frank, who are amazing and ensure you have a relaxing stay.
So book the Honeymoon Cottage treehouse and surprise your significant other with an unforgettable stay in Maui. Here’s why it’s one of the best rentals:
- The ocean view location: The treehouse gives 180-degree views of the ocean from its outdoor deck, and Hana’s lack of light pollution makes for the best stargazing at night.
- The amenities: The treehouse has comfortable indoor and outdoor furniture, a huge bed that sleeps two people in the bedroom, a full bathroom, an open kitchen equipped with all the essentials, a flatscreen TV, a dining area, and more.
- The nearby activities: Guests can explore a bamboo forest, hike to waterfall pools, and visit one of America’s last rainforests from Haleakala National Park. Whereas they can explore island cuisine, drive to sandy beaches, and shop at farmer’s markets in the small town of Hana.
The only small issue guests should consider before booking this treehouse is that the drive up is very steep and difficult to navigate, so you need a 4WD.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- The hosts have done a terrific job in keeping the treehouse in shape.
- You’re secluded in the backside of Haleakala, just five minutes from the Park’s attractions.
- The treehouse has an outdoor shower on the patio.
- The rental is a short drive from Hana’s best restaurants, markets, and outdoor activities.
- The drive up to the treehouse is through a very steep pathway.
- There is limited to no cell service and internet connectivity in the treehouse.
Overall, we had a terrific time at the Honeymoon Cottage, and it’s an amazing rental for couples staying in East Maui.
Waterfall Bamboo Temple – Most Cozy Maui Treehouse
Source: airbnb.com Waterfall Bamboo Temple Magnificent Eco-Paradise – Most Cozy Maui treehouse
If you want to appreciate the natural beauty of Maui and experience old Hawaiian living, book the Bamboo Temple house on the North shore, that’s nestled in the Maui countryside. My boyfriend and I rented this treehouse on a local’s recommendation and had an amazing time.
The rental is made from the geometry of the Nautilus shell, which is sacred in Hawaiian custom, has bamboo interiors, and has an open living space that lets in maximum sunlight and outdoor views. We loved staying in this all-natural, eco-friendly treehouse, which has unique features like a private outdoor shower with ocean views, a pyramid skylight, and a bamboo four poster bed.
In addition, the rental is hosted by Kutira, who is communicative and hospitable to guests throughout their stay.
So book the Bamboo Temple for a secluded getaway in Maui. Here’s why it’s one of the best treehouses:
- The spaces: The rental has a spacious living area with a queen size bed overlooking the forest, a dining area, a walk-in closet, a full kitchen, and a private outdoor shower area.
- The location: The treehouse is located in the host’s agroforestry garden and fruit orchard, so guests can enjoy guided tours of the organic farms, enjoy greens from the gardens, and pure alkaline water from a volcanic aquifer.
- The attention to detail: The owners have put a lot of thought into making the treehouse special, with hand-painted silk thankas on the walls, a small altar with sacred art, a private outdoor shower with an ocean view, a pyramid skylight, and a comfy bamboo poster bed.
One thing to consider before booking this rental is that it’s completely in nature, so you’re bound to have ants, geckos, frogs, and other insects in the living space and outdoor bath.
- The rental is immaculate and well-maintained.
- The hosts are friendly and accommodating.
- A personal chef comes in to cook meals for guests from organic produce.
- The temple has its own eco-friendly water and electricity system.
- The temple gives unmatched ocean and forest views.
- The rental has a remote location, so you’re a fair distance from most towns and outdoor attractions in Maui.
- There are often insects, frogs, and geckos inside the rental.
Overall, we had an unforgettable stay at the Bamboo temple, and it’s a terrific temple for nature lovers visiting Maui.
The Farm Cottage at Olamana Organics
Source: airbnb.com The Farm Cottage -At Olamana Organics
My boyfriend and I stayed at the farm cottage rental while we were taking the road to Hana and instantly fell in love with it. The gorgeous cottage is located on five acres of a working organic fruit farm, with views of exotic fruit trees, flowers, and the sea over the horizon.
We had the best time at this rental, which is ideal for couples or solo travelers as it accommodates up to two people from its single bedroom, private bathroom, spacious living area, and full kitchen. However, our favorite part was getting to explore the Olamana Organics farms, enjoying avocadoes and citruses provided by the guests, and getting to try unique species of fruits.
In addition, the hosts are Monyca and Ola, who are terrific and make sure you have a great time on her farm.
So book the Farm Cottage for a stunning getaway, as it’s one of the best Maui rentals. Here’s why:
- The natural surroundings: The cottage offers views of exotic fruit trees, flowers, and birds from its large windows, plus a sea view from the horizon. You’ll also enjoy stargazing at night and watching the sky turn colors at sunset.
- The complementary goods: The organic fruit farm grows avocados, citruses, bananas, coconuts, exotic fruits, and flowers too, which are provided to guests in a complimentary ripe basket of fruit upon arrival, and they can pick any fruit they like from the grounds.
- The spaces: The rental has a cozy living room and dining area facing the farm trees, cozy nooks for reading and relaxing, a fully equipped kitchen, and a spacious bedroom with big windows offering the best morning and nighttime views.
The only issue to consider while booking is that it rains heavily in this part of Hana, and you can get stuck indoors during a heavy spell all day.
- The rental is clean, well-maintained, and has beautiful interiors.
- The hosts are welcoming and responsive throughout your stay.
- The rental is equipped with all the amenities you need.
- The cottage is close to most beaches and waterfalls in Hana.
- You can tour the expansive farms and sample a wide variety of fruits.
- There are plenty of bugs around the farm and rental (so make sure to lather on bug spray.)
Overall, we had a relaxing time at the Farm Cottage, and it’s an ideal rental if you want to enjoy the natural beauty of Hana.
Private Luxurious Treehouse Cottage – Romantic Treehouse Rental in Maui
Source: airbnb.com Private Luxurious Treehouse Cottage – Romantic treehouse
If you want to experience treehouse living in Maui, that’s steeped in luxury, book this private treehouse cottage in Makawao. My boyfriend and I rented this cottage on a local’s recommendation and had the best time here.
The cottage has cozy indoor spaces featuring high ceilings, cherry wood floors, a full kitchen, and luxurious bedding in the master bedroom. We particularly enjoyed lounging on the private lanai, taking in views of the majestic tall trees and lush green foliage, and soaking in the hot tub.
In addition, the host, Shems, is terrific and makes sure you have a relaxing stay.
So book the luxurious cottage rental in Upcountry Maui, as it’s one of the best rentals. Here’s why:
- The spaces: Guests can relax from the spacious interiors, including a living area, fully equipped kitchen, master bedroom with treetop views, spacious bathroom, and outdoor deck.
- The modern amenities: The treehouse has high-quality linens, a custom-made king-size bed made from cherry wood, a soaking tub on the deck overlooking the gulch, a washer and dryer unit, indoor heating, and water filters.
- The location: The treehouse is nestled in the trees and lush foliage of Upcountry Maui, with no interruptions or tourists nearby, so guests can enjoy complete peace and privacy.
The only small issue we faced while staying at this rental was that the location was very remote, and we had to drive far out for grocery runs, dining out, and exploring Maui’s famous attractions.
- The treehouse is clean, well-furnished, and beautifully decorated.
- The hosts are friendly and responsive throughout your stay.
- There is fiber internet and cable TV in the treehouse.
- The large windows and deck give stunning views of the forest.
- The hot tub is great for relaxing in after a long day of exploring the outdoors.
- The location is remote, so you’re far from most attractions in Maui.
Overall, our time at the luxury cottage in Maui was unmatched by any other treehouse stay, and we highly recommend it to everyone visiting Maui.
Is the Hale Hubner treehouse cottage near Hawaii Volcanoes National Park?
The Volcanoes National Park location on Big Island is a favorite among tourists coming to the islands, as it’s close to two active volcanoes and has great treehouses. The Hale Hubner treehouse is one of these coveted rentals, as it’s minutes from the National Park and offers a secluded treetop setting close to nature, with all modern amenities.
Which is the best treehouse near a tropical rainforest in Maui?
Maui has gorgeous tropical rainforests on its East shore and Upcountry side, where guests can book stays in the most beautiful treehouses. Among them, the Honeymoon Cottage treehouse and the Bamboo Temple rental are your best choices, as they have stunning locations in Eat Maui, close to waterfalls, bamboo forests, and the Haleakala National Park’s tropical rainforest.
Can you explore Maui while renting its secluded treehouses?
Yes! Despite its many secluded treehouse rentals, Maui has some great treehouses that are minutes from the island’s best attractions. For example, the Treehouse Paradise Cottage in Kihei, South Maui, is a terrific rental if you want to explore Maui, try authentic island cuisine from restaurants and farmer’s markets, and visit the island’s best beaches just minutes from your rental.
Winding Up The Best Treehouse Rentals Maui
There’s no better Hawaiian island than Maui for a treetop vacation, as it has lush rainforests and valleys with gorgeous treehouses and cottages nestled in them.
So make your vacation special, whether with family, friends, or a significant other, by booking the top Maui treehouses mentioned in this article.
Need a family-friendly treehouse in Maui? Book the Treehouse Paradise Cottage in Kihei.
Looking for a couple’s treehouse in Maui? Don’t miss the Honeymoon Cottage treehouse near Haleakala and the private luxury cottage in Makawao.
Looking for a unique treehouse close to nature? Book the Bamboo temple and the Farm Cottage.
Maui’s treehouses have something amazing for everyone!
Last Updated on December 11, 2023 by Brian