Welcome to your best guide for Chattanooga treehouses!
My boyfriend and I are always on the lookout for a remote vacation rental in Tennessee, so we spent the last couple of weeks scouring Chattanooga’s forests, towns, and mountains in search of the best treetop hideaway. Since we only wanted to find the best treehouses, we spent hours researching online, taking recommendations from locals, and testing each rental for ourselves.
Our search took us to treehouses minutes from downtown Chattanooga, rentals on private farms and woods, and even places a short drive away from the city, which had secluded surroundings and peaceful accommodations.
So after much back and forth, roughing it out in each rental, and weighing the pros and cons, we narrowed it down to the top six treehouse rentals in and around Chattanooga. Our list is based on our personal experiences and has places ranked on the best amenities, locations, views, and overall value, so you know you’re getting a good deal.
Warning: After staying in these secluded treehouses, you might never want to return to ordinary modern life!
Let’s check out the terrific Chattanooga treehouses!
Eagle Treehouse Getaway with Hot Tub – Best Tennessee Treehouse Rentals for Families
Source: vrbo.com Eagle Treehouse Getaway with Hot Tub
My boyfriend and I are returning guests at the Eagle treehouse with our families, as it’s a terrific treehouse near Chattanooga for large groups. The treehouse is nestled in the Monteagle area, close to many state parks, hiking trails, and waterfalls while being minutes from downtown for great outdoor dining and even antique shopping.
We had an amazing time at this treehouse, which is decked with brand-new furnishings and appliances, has large windows overlooking the beautiful forest, and spacious interiors for guests to enjoy. However, our favorite space was the covered porch which was great for socializing, having meals, and ending the day with a soak in the saltwater hot tub.
So make sure to book the Eagle treehouse for your next family break, as it’s the best Chattanooga treehouse. Here’s why:
- The spaces: The treehouse has beautiful spaces indoors, such as a cozy loft, a master bedroom with forest views, an open living room and kitchen space, and a great outdoor area with a fire pit, ample seating, and a hammock.
- The outdoor activities: Guests can enjoy dining out and antique shopping in downtown Monteagle, visit famous music venues nearby, or drive to the South Cumberland State Park, which has amazing hiking trails, waterfalls, and wildlife sightings.
- The comfort and convenience: The treehouse offers all the amenities you’ll need for a relaxing stay, including a full kitchen, unlimited hot water in the kitchen, a hot tub, comfortable bed linens, towels and furnishings in each room, a flatscreen TV in the living room, and much more.
We could hardly find any fault during our stay here; however, guests should note that the treehouse is close to other rentals, so you won’t have complete privacy on the property.
- The treehouse is clean, well-furnished, and well-maintained.
- The hosts are friendly and attentive throughout your stay.
- The fire pit is stocked with ample firewood and is ideal for a camping experience in the woods.
- The treehouse has terrific outdoor spaces to enjoy the views.
- There are restaurants, stores, nature walks, and hikes minutes away.
- The treehouse is close to neighboring rentals, so you can often hear them through the night.
Overall, the Eagle treehouse is a terrific rental for families and larger groups looking for a getaway in Chattanooga, TN.
Treehouse Cottage Near Chattanooga on Flower Farm – Best Honeymoon Treehouse Rentals in Chattanooga, TN
Source: vrbo.com Treehouse Cottage Near Chattanooga on Flower Farm
My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the cozy treehouse cottage for a couple’s getaway and had a fantastic time. The treehouse has an ideal location on a gorgeous flower farm in the Lookout Mountain area, with nearby Chattanooga a 15-minute drive away.
We fell in love with the all-white Bohemian interiors of this treehouse at first sight, which has vintage furnishings and a full bedroom and bathroom for two. Some other great touches include the outdoor porch overlooking the flower farm, a spiral staircase leading to the loft with a king bed, and a mini kitchen where we enjoyed making simple meals.
In addition, the cottage treehouse has the best host, who ensures your stay is comfortable and without complaint.
So make sure to book the Boho Treehouse for your next couple’s weekend, as it’s the best honeymoon treehouse in Chattanooga. Here’s why:
- The onsite activities: Treehouse guests can upgrade their stay to get many added perks like a farm tour, visiting goats, getting a custom bouquet made, and even enjoying a bonfire.
- The location: The treehouse has an ideal location that offers complete privacy on the lovely flower farm while being a short drive from Chattanooga for dining out, shopping, and exploring.
- The spaces: The treehouse has a great bathroom, a beautiful bedroom with high-quality linens, and a living room and porch for relaxing with outdoor views.
The only downside to staying at this treehouse is the remote location, which limits Wi-Fi signals and cellular connectivity. However, this isn’t necessarily a deal breaker since most people prefer disconnecting on their breaks.
- The flower farm also offers a beautiful wedding venue.
- The hosts are friendly, responsive and available at all times on the farm.
- There are goats, cows, horses, dogs, chickens, and ducks roaming the farm area.
- The location is close to many town activities and nature trails.
- The treehouse promises complete privacy and unmatched views.
- The treehouse has a remote location, so there are some connectivity issues.
Overall, the Boho treehouse is a terrific rental for couples, and even solo travelers, as it guarantees a getaway in a gorgeous flower farm.
Stamish Castle Treehouse – Best Treehouse Camping in Chattanooga, TN
Source: vrbo.com Stamish Castle Treehouse
My boyfriend and I stayed at the Stamish Castle treehouse on a local’s recommendation and had an amazing time. The treehouse is conveniently located in the Treehouse Mountain accommodations, with great communal spaces and 30 acres of thick forests for guests to explore.
Our time at this treehouse was nothing short of perfect, as the Castle has a snug loft bedroom, a spacious living room and kitchen area, and the coziest porch to take in views of the forest. The treehouse also has some unique features, like a communal bathhouse with showers and toilets and an outdoor cooking area shared with other guests on the property.
Our hosts also ensured our stay was comfortable with their generous hospitality and responsiveness, so we enjoyed our best time here.
So book the Castle treehouse for a relaxing getaway in the woods, as it’s one of the best Chattanooga treehouse rentals. Here’s why:
- The amenities: The treehouse is decked with all the amenities you’ll need, like a queen-sized bed and futon, a fully stocked kitchen, ample seating, a private half bathroom, necessary linens, and even board games.
- The outdoor spaces: The treehouses share a bathhouse that’s a short walk away, with many toilets and showers and bathing essentials provided. There’s also an outdoor cooking area with a girdle for a cookout under the stars.
- The attention to detail: The owners have put a lot of thought into making the treehouse special, with details like barstool seating for dining, great outdoor furniture on the porch, a private outdoor fire pit with ample firewood, a flatscreen TV in the loft, and complimentary drinks and snacks provided.
The only small negative to our stay was that the treehouse was close to other rentals on the property, so there wasn’t complete privacy and often noise at night.
- The treehouse is beautifully furnished, well-maintained, and comfortable.
- The hosts ensure you have everything you need for a relaxing stay.
- There’s a well-lit garage and walkway, so guests can move in easily at night.
- The communal spaces are great for socializing.
- There are many trails to explore in the vast forest.
- There is a lack of privacy and often noise at night from the other rentals nearby.
So book the Stamish treehouse if you’re looking for a great camping treehouse in Chattanooga.
Barn Owl Inn Treehouse – Amazing Treehouse Cabin Near Chattanooga TN
Source: airbnb.com Barn Owl Inn Treehouse
My boyfriend and I were searching for a small treehouse for a secluded getaway, which was still close to town, and came across the Barn Owl Inn. We ended up loving this treehouse, which is the perfect forest retreat close to the mountains, plus Nickajack Lake and the Tennessee River.
The treehouse houses two people comfortably and has cozy interiors, a wraparound deck overlooking the woods from all sides, and all the essential amenities you’ll need. There’s also a three-person hot tub on the lower level that’s great for relaxing after a day outdoors and enjoying privacy among the tall trees.
In addition, the space is hosted by Kenny, an amazing host who is always nearby in case you need anything.
So book the Barn Owl Inn if you’re looking for treetop hideaways, as it’s one of the best treehouses in Chattanooga, TN. Here’s why:
- The amenities: The treehouse has all the modern amenities you’ll need, like a fully equipped kitchen with pots, pans, utensils, and appliances, a smart TV, good Wi-Fi, a washer and dryer, air conditioning, and a grill.
- The nearby locations: The treehouse is a short distance from Jasper and downtown Chattanooga for restaurants and stores and great nature and hiking trails in the woods.
- The views: The treehouse offers beautiful views of the tall forest trees from its wraparound deck, plus gorgeous mountain and lake views a short walk away.
The only downside of staying here was the road noise from the highway near the cabin, which got loud, especially at night.
- The treehouse is comfy, clean, and well-maintained.
- The sleeping loft has a king-sized bed and a relaxing chair.
- There’s great outdoor furniture on the porch to enjoy views and meals.
- The private and relaxing hot tub is perfect for a soak.
- The full kitchen, washer and dryer, and Wi-Fi makes this an ideal place to spend a few days.
- There’s a highway close to the treehouse where you can hear the sound of passing cars all night.
Overall, the amenities, location, and views make the Barn Owl treehouse a great rental for couples or solo travelers.
Sulfur Ridge Treehouse – Best Luxury Treehouse Chattanooga TN
Source: airbnb.com Sulfur Ridge Treehouse
Folks looking for a treehouse hotel should book the Sulfur Ridge, a fantastic accommodation for small groups in Bloomington Springs. This is one of Tennessee’s few luxury tree house rentals, as it has high-end furnishings and finishings, a stunning forest view from its 15-foot height, and a perfect setting in secluded woods.
We had the best time in this treehouse and loved the refurbished touches like a door from the 1800s, stained glass windows, and a claw foot in the bathroom. From its many perks, we enjoyed lounging on chairs next to the floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the forest, where we had many coffees and conversations.
In addition, the treehouse is hosted by Susan and Trent, who are the best hosts that ensure your stay is comfortable.
So book the Sulfur Ridge for your next vacation, as it’s one of the best treehouses in Chattanooga. Here’s why:
- The amenities: The treehouse has a full kitchen, bathroom, and spacious bedroom, fitted with high-quality appliances, comfortable linens, and gold finishings. There’s also high-speed internet connectivity, good heating and air conditioning, and ample seating.
- The outdoor spaces: The treehouse has an outdoor fire pit, hot tub, beautiful seating areas, a gas grill, and much more to enjoy the great outdoors from.
- The comfort and convenience: The owners have added many small touches to make the treehouse feel homely, like complimentary robes, snacks and drinks, board games, a luxury mattress, and even a jukebox for dancing to old tunes.
The only small negative to staying at this property is the onsite campground nearby, which is often occupied, so you’ll encounter camping groups often.
- The treehouse is immaculate, beautifully furnished, and well-maintained.
- The hosts go out of their way to make your stay comfortable.
- There are many complimentary amenities and food items provided.
- The bathroom has a claw-foot tub, a glass shower, and a gorgeous stained glass window.
- The treehouse is a short drive away from town for dining and shopping.
- There’s a campsite on the grounds so you won’t have the property all to yourself.
Overall, we had the best time at the Sulfur Ridge, as it’s the best treehouse hotel in Chattanooga, TN.
Treetop Hideaways: Luna Loft Tree House – Best Treehouse Hotel in Chattanooga TN
Source: airbnb.com Luna loft treehouse
If you’re looking for a hotel-like living experience in the woods, head to the Treetop Hideaways rentals in Guild, a short drive from Chattanooga and home to the Luna Loft. My boyfriend and I loved staying at this treehouse, which offers a luxurious living experience in private wooded acres and luxurious amenities.
The treehouse has many unique features, like floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the trees, a vintage gramophone, exposed copper pipes and a penny floor in the bathroom, and a gorgeous loft bedroom. Our favorite part of the treehouse was the outdoor deck, which had bar-top seating and offered serene natural views from all around.
In addition, the treehouse is hosted by Enoch, who’s a terrific host and ensures your stay is comfortable.
So spoil yourself on vacation by booking this luxury treehouse, as it’s one of the best treehouse hotels in Chattanooga, TN. Here’s why:
- The outdoor spaces: At the treehouse’s base, there’s a private fire pit, a s’mores kit provided for bonfires, a mountain spring, and huge boulders in the woods a short walk away.
- The amenities: The treehouse has a small kitchen, a deck with outdoor furniture, a cozy mattress in the loft, a sleeping couch downstairs for additional visitors, and a full bathroom.
- The attention to detail: The owners have made the treehouse special with touches like complimentary drinks and snacks for guests to enjoy upon arrival.
The only downside was the sleeping couch on the downstairs level, which was too firm for sleeping and lounging. However, this isn’t a big issue since some people may prefer it.
- The treehouse is clean, well-furnished, and well-maintained.
- The hosts are friendly and responsive throughout your stay.
- There’s a secluded bench overlooking the mountain stream in the woods, a short walk away.
- There are great dining and shopping options nearby in Chattanooga.
- The fire pit with a complimentary s’mores kit is great for a campout.
- The couch is firm and uncomfortable for sleeping.
- The drive to the treehouse is on a steep trail that’s difficult to traverse.
Overall, the Luna treehouse in the Treetop Hideaways is an amazing rental and one you should definitely book for a secluded getaway in the woods.
What are the best tree house rentals in Treehouse Grove at Norton Creek?
The Treehouse Grove is a set of treehouses in Gatlinburg built by Pete Nelson and his team from the Treehouse Masters reality show. These rentals offer treetop glamping in the woods near the Great Smoky Mountains and incredible amenities like full beds, baths, and kitchens, spacious living areas, internet, game rooms, and stunning views. Among them, the Poplar, the Elm, and the Maple treehouse are some of the best for families, couples, and solo travelers.
What’s the benefit of staying at the Glamping Treehouse at Deer Camp?
The treehouse at Deer Camp is a terrific rental for people looking for a glamping experience. The rental sports an outdoor kitchen, a fire pit, and a greenhouse bathhouse, plus TV, internet, cooling and heating, and comfy furnishings. In addition, the treehouse is close to state parks for hiking and other outdoor activities, so guests can enjoy time in the great outdoors.
Should I stay at the Elements treehouse in the Treetop hideaways?
The Elements treehouse is one of the best treehouse cabins near Chattanooga, TN, as it has luxury amenities like a spa and a rustic setup in the woods. It’s the perfect adult treehouse with high-end amenities like heated floors, a walk-in rain shower, and a glassed-in tree growing through the interior. So you’ll enjoy a treehouse hotel experience from the Elements tree house, as it’s the best rental in the Treetop Hideaways.
What are the best Chattanooga treehouses?
Chattanooga treehouse rentals are some of the best in Tennessee, as they have secluded locations in the woods, stunning views, and range from luxury to rustic in their amenities. Some of the best treehouses are the Grandview Treehouse which has an outdoor theater, the Sulfur Ridge luxury treehouse, the Luna treehouse hotel, and the Eagle treehouse for families.
What are some pet-friendly treehouse rentals in Chattanooga?
If you need a pet-friendly treehouse in Chattanooga to take your furry friends along, book the Eagle treehouse in the Monteagle Mountain area. This treehouse is part of a vast private property and is animal-friendly, so your pets can roam the property and treehouse.
Winding Up The Best Treehouse Rentals Chattanooga Tennessee
The Tennessee treehouse rentals in Chattanooga are unmatched, as they boast stunning forest views, have remote locations tucked into private forests, and offer a range of experiences from luxury glamping in modern treehouses to rustic camping hideaways.
So if you need a vacation rental for your family, friends, or just yourself, book the fantastic treehouse rentals mentioned in this article, as they’re the best of the best.
Need a family-friendly tree house in Chattanooga? Book the Eagle treehouse.
Want a romantic tree house for a couple’s trip? Don’t miss the treehouse cottage and the Luna treehouse.
Want to experience camping in the woods? Book the Stamish Castle treehouse.
The best treehouses in Chattanooga are your home away from home!
Last Updated on February 6, 2024 by Brian