Welcome to the best guide on the Smoky Mountains treehouse rentals!
My boyfriend and I are big on the Smokies and have spent many summers vacationing in rentals from nearby towns. So this summer, we decided to tour the area and find the best treehouse rentals in the hills, which have gorgeous views and secluded locations.
We consulted locals, searched online forums, and drove around Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and even North Carolina for the best Great Smoky Mountains tree house cabins. Finally, after much back and forth and roughing it out in each treehouse, we narrowed it down to six treehouses with the best locations, amenities, views, hosts, and overall value.
Our goal with this article is to help you save time and effort in choosing the best treehouse by sharing our personal experiences. So you’re guaranteed a terrific rental no matter which one you pick.
Warning: You’ll have a hard time leaving after seeing these gorgeous treehouses!
Let’s see the Smoky Mountains tree houses already!
Smoky Mountain Treehouse – Best Family Treehouse Rentals Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Source: booking.com Smoky Mountain Treehouse
My boyfriend and I are returning guests at the Smoky Mountain treehouse, as it’s one of the best vacation rentals for all ages and group sizes. The treehouse is nestled in secluded woods that offer lots of privacy and beautiful views while being minutes from Maggie Valley for dining out and shopping.
We loved the open-plan interior of this treehouse, which features a spacious living room and kitchen area, a wraparound deck, and two bedrooms with views of the forest. Our favorite feature was the outdoor seating area around a fire pit and the private hot tub on a covered porch that gave serene views of the surrounding woods.
In addition, the treehouse is hosted by Brandon, an amazing host who makes sure your stay is comfortable with his generous hospitality.
So book the Smoky Mountain treehouse, as it’s one of the best treehouse cabins in the Maggie Valley area. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The amenities: The treehouse has all the modern amenities you’ll need, such as a full kitchen stocked with utensils, pots, appliances, a washer/dryer, central heating & air conditioning, a wood-burning fireplace, a hot tub, cable TV, high-speed Wi-Fi and much more.
- The outdoor spaces: The treehouse has a wraparound deck overlooking the forest, a side deck with a BBQ and picnic table, and access to many quaint hiking trails on the property.
- The comfort and convenience: The owners have put a lot of thought into making the treehouse special, with touches like indoor and outdoor dining arrangements, comfortable furniture, high-quality linens, a clean bathroom, ample seating and bedding, and wood for the fireplace.
We had the best time at this treehouse and could hardly find fault with our stay. However, the bathroom had limited hot water during our stay, so we had to take turns on both days.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and stocked with the essentials.
- The hosts are quick to respond to guest issues and never intrusive.
- The screened-in porch with rocking chairs is a terrific place to relax.
- The vast property has tons of safe hiking and nature trails.
- The treehouse is pet-friendly and an ideal family vacation rental.
- The drive to the treehouse is through a winding road that’s difficult to navigate (although the owners help you out.)
- There is limited hot water in the shower.
Overall, we had an amazing time at this Smoky Mountains tree house cabin, and we highly recommend it to families and small groups looking for a secluded getaway.
Treehouse in Bryson City, NC, near the Great Smoky Mountains – Best Boutique Treehouse Smoky Mountains
Source: vrbo.com Treehouse in Bryson City, NC, near the Great Smoky Mountains
My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Bryson City treehouse on a local’s recommendation and had the best time at this boutique home. The spacious treehouse has a convenient location atop a hill, five minutes to the Great Smoky Mountains, and close to many famous lakes and attractions.
The treehouse features three bedrooms, all with luxurious amenities, huge windows overlooking the woods and Bryson City in the distance, a single bathroom, and many outdoor spaces to enjoy the views. We especially enjoyed the two outdoor decks, where we enjoyed al fresco dining.
We were hosted by Andrew and Warren, the best hosts who ensure guests have no problems during their stay.
So book the Bryson City rental for a luxury treehouse getaway in the Smoky Mountains, as it’s one of the best treehouse cabins. Here’s why:
- The entertainment facilities: The treehouse guarantees a fun time indoors, with a Blu-Ray player, Netflix, Disney+, and Hulu access, a great collection of board games, puzzles, books, a Nintendo Switch, controllers, and much more in each room.
- The outdoor areas: The treehouse allows enjoying the great outdoors, with two outdoor decks, one with a fire pit and another with a BBQ grill, ample seating, and a covered area to enjoy cooking and dining outdoors.
- The attention to detail: The owners have put a lot of thought in making the treehouse feel special, with touches like fluffy towels, plush robes, a selection of teas and coffees, a welcome snack basket, and mints by the pillows in each room.
However, we faced a small problem during our stay: the living room sofas were somewhat stiff and difficult to get comfortable on. However, this isn’t necessarily a deal breaker as some people prefer stiff furniture.
- The treehouse is immaculate, well-maintained, and conveniently located.
- From the deck, you can enjoy beautiful sunset views over the Great Smoky mountains.
- The treehouse is close to great hiking and nature trails, water activities, and more.
- There’s a variety of games for both kids and adults to enjoy.
- The kitchen is fully stocked, which makes cooking a fun experience here.
- The living room sofas were a bit stiff (but there’s plenty of other seating to relax on.)
Overall, our time at the Bryson City treehouse was amazing, and we highly recommend it to families and large groups looking for a luxurious Smoky Mountains treehouse.
Ridge View Lodge, Smoky Mountains – Best Treehouse Hotel Gatlinburg, TN
Source: booking.com Ridge View Lodge – Smoky Mountains – Gatlinburg – Pigeon Forge
My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Ridge View Lodge house and had a fantastic time at this tree house hotel. The rental is conveniently located close to both Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, with stunning views of the Smoky Mountains from all sides.
The vacation home is ideal for large groups and families with its five bedrooms, four bathrooms, spacious living rooms, and a huge kitchen stocked with all the essentials, which makes cooking seem like a breeze. However, our favorite places were the terraces, gardens, and outdoor seating areas, where we enjoyed many picnics and campfires.
- The amenities: The treehouse offers terrific amenities, such as high-quality linens and bath towels in each bedroom, full bathrooms, a fully-equipped kitchen, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a large dining area, a hot tub, and much more.
- The outdoor spaces: There’s a fire pit close to the treehouse with benches overlooking the trees, picnic tables outside the treehouse for dining, and a stunning balcony with mountain views.
- The nearby locations: Guests can enjoy hiking from many trails in the area, visit Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge for shopping and dining out, and visit famous attractions in the area.
We had a great time at this treehouse without any problems; however, the hot tub was too small for a few people to fit in and couldn’t heat well.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- The hosts are friendly and attentive throughout your stay.
- There’s an outdoor grill and cooking facilities to enjoy a BBQ.
- The treehouse has a big driveway with ample parking space.
- The media room has a pool table, foosball, and arcade games.
- The hot tub is too small for the large treehouse and has limited heating.
Overall, we had an incredible time at the River View Lodge, and its amenities, location, and views make it the best tree house resort, Tennessee.
Treehouse at The Glades – Best Treehouse Cabins Gatlinburg, TN
Source: vrbo.com Treehouse at The Glades – Best Treehouse Cabins Gatlinburg, TN
My boyfriend and I stayed at the Glades treehouse on a local’s recommendation and had an incredible time at this secluded rental. The treehouse has a perfect location between Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and the Smoky Mountains National Park, with great outdoor activities nearby, on a private half-acre setting.
We had the best time at this cozy treehouse, an ideal rental for big groups as it sleeps up to ten people from its spacious bedrooms, plus full baths, a fully-equipped kitchen, and many outdoor decks. The treehouse also had luxury touches like cathedral ceilings, amazing woodwork, two gas fireplaces, and even a hot tub spa on the porch.
In addition, the property is hosted by Mel and Rosemary, who are amazing hosts that ensure your trip is perfect.
So make sure to book the Glades treehouse, as it’s one of the best Smoky Mountain treehouse rentals. Here’s why:
- The entertainment facilities: The treehouse has HD TVs and an Xbox, a Smart TV, a DVD player, and a game room with a pool table on the lower level, plus games for adults and kids to enjoy.
- The outdoor activities: From the screened-in porch, two decks, five-person spa with waterfall, basketball court, and pond, plus gas grill and hot tub, guests won’t run out of outdoor fun.
- The location: The treehouse is close to stores, restaurants, and bars, plus downtown Gatlinburg and other fun attractions.
The only small issue we faced during our stay here was the lack of Wi-Fi signals on the ground floor. However, the owners let us know beforehand, so this wasn’t a surprise for us.
- The treehouse is clean and has stunning woodwork and all essential amenities.
- The hosts are friendly, attentive, and responsive.
- The living spaces are big enough to fit large groups, with ample seating.
- The outdoor spa and hot tub are great for unwinding after a long day.
- There are beautiful mountain views enjoyed from around the treehouse.
- There is poor Wi-Fi connectivity on the ground floor.
- There’s a risk of power outages during bad weather.
All in all, the Glades treehouse is a fantastic vacation rental in the Great Smoky Mountains, which guarantees a relaxing stay.
TreEscape Luxury Treehouse by The Treehouse Guys – Best Treehouse Cabins Smoky Mountains
Source: vrbo.com TreEscape Luxury treehouse by The Treehouse Guys
If you’re looking for a modern treehouse in Gatlinburg, book the TreEscape luxury treehouse, an amazing rental built by the Treehouse Guys of the DIY show. We’re returning guests at this treehouse as we always have an amazing time here, from its secluded wooden setting and closeness to many towns and activities.
My boyfriend and I fell in love with this treehouse at first sight, as it has gorgeous oak and hickory trees growing through the interiors, cozy outdoor decks, and private spaces to relax in. Our favorite place was the downstairs deck, which has swinging chairs, and a table, where we enjoyed many romantic dinners and coffees.
In addition, the hosts are terrific at this treehouse; they take good care of you and are always a phone call away.
So book the TreEscape treehouse for a couple’s getaway or romantic weekend retreat, as it’s one of the best treehouse rentals in Gatlinburg. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The comfort and convenience: The treehouse is designed to maximize guest comfort, with details like a deck with bar seating off the kitchen window, a drink rail to allow guests to enjoy a beverage while taking in the stunning mountain views, a covered hot tub, comfy outdoor furniture, and much more.
- The modern amenities: The house has a fully equipped kitchen, a queen size bed in the sleeping loft, a tiled bathroom with a rain shower, high-quality linens, and a nice dining area.
- The functionality: The owners have made the space functional for remote working by providing high-speed Wi-Fi, connectivity to all devices, and many cozy nooks to work from, both indoors and outdoors.
The only small issue we encountered during our stay was that the bedroom got hot at night since there were no fans, and the AC temperature didn’t lower beyond a certain point.
- The treehouse is clean, functional, and well-maintained.
- The hosts are responsive to guest queries and efficient in solving them.
- The outdoor seating areas provide the best views.
- The treehouse is close to towns, trails, and outdoor activities.
- The interiors have beautiful shiplap on the walls, a galvanized ceiling, and plenty of natural light from large windows.
- The sleeping loft gets warm at night as there’s not enough cooling in place.
Overall, we enjoyed our time at the TreEscape, and consider it one of the best Gatlinburg, Tennessee, tree houses.
The Willow in Treehouse Grove at Norton Creek – Best Couples Treehouse Resort Tennessee
Source: airbnb.com The Willow in Treehouse Grove at Norton Creek
Prepare to immerse yourself in luxury from the incredible Willow treehouse cabin, the best rental in Treehouse Grove at Norton Creek. My boyfriend and I recently stayed here for an anniversary weekend and had the best time relaxing in the secluded Tennessee treehouse resort community.
The treehouse has all-wood interiors, cozy living spaces, and a beautiful wraparound deck with serene views. However, we particularly enjoyed the secluded space below the treehouse with a swing chair, which was perfect for settling in with a drink.
In addition, the property hosts are great and ensure you have the best stay in Treehouse Grove.
So make sure to book the Willow in Treehouse Grove at Norton Creek, as it’s one of the best Gatlinburg, TN, treehouse rentals. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The community amenities: Guests at the Treehouse Grove can enjoy access to community hot tubs, grills, fire pits, picnic tables, hammocks, hiking trails, and nearby Norton Creek.
- The outdoor activities: In the Gatlinburg area, there’s terrific fishing, shopping, golf courses, restaurants, water tubing, and white water rafting, plus libraries, live theaters, museums, winery tours, and much more to enjoy.
- The views: From the treehouse decks and large windows, guests can enjoy the Smoky Mountains, the forest, falling snow, and some wildlife roaming the area.
However, a small disadvantage to staying at the Treehouse Grove is the lack of privacy, as most treehouses are close by, and you’re bound to see other guests from your accommodations.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- There’s a full kitchen with all the essentials and new appliances.
- The bedrooms offer the best views from their windows and decks.
- You can join other property guests in cook-outs, picnics, and more from the shared facilities.
- The treehouse also has a beautiful event venue for guests to rent.
- There is limited privacy in the close-knit community tree house cabins.
- The Willow’s balcony looks directly onto another treehouse.
Overall, the Willow at Treehouse Grove at Norton Creek is an amazing Gatlinburg tree house for small groups and couples needing a luxury hideaway.
What’s the best Gatlinburg, TN, treehouse resort?
Gatlinburg in Tennessee is located close to Pigeon Forge and the Great Smoky Mountains, with gorgeous treehouses nestled in its forests and resort communities. Among them, the Treehouse Grove at Norton Creek has the best treehouse resorts, designed by Pete Nelson of the Treehouse Masters, and features rentals of all sizes with luxury amenities.
What’s the best treehouse cabin Gatlinburg, TN?
If you’re looking for a relaxed and laid-back cabin for your treehouse getaway, book the treehouse at the Glades. This cozy and family-friendly rental guarantees the best vacation in Gatlinburg, sits close to many outdoor activities, and has the best amenities.
What are the Best Smoky mountains tree house cabins?
The TreEscape treehouse in the Smoky Mountains is a terrific treehouse rental for small groups, couples, and people wanting a remote working environment. The treehouse features high-end amenities, beautiful views, and a remote location guaranteeing privacy.
What are the Top Tree Grove Gatlinburg, TN, treehouse rentals?
The Tree Grove in Gatlinburg has some terrific rentals, from which the Willow and the Elm treehouse are your best picks. The Willow has the most remote location in Treehouse Grove, so you’ll enjoy some peace and quiet here, whereas the Elm is ideal for couples and small groups owing to its open spaces and hotel-like facilities.
What’s the Best Airbnb treehouse Gatlinburg, TN?
Airbnb offers some great rates for treehouses in Gatlinburg, and it’s especially good for getting an idea of the Treehouse Grove cost. We recommend booking the Cherry, the Dogwood, and the Elm treehouses from Airbnb, as you can get direct contact from the hosts and read the rental facilities in detail.
Winding Up The Best Treehouse Rentals Smoky Mountains
There’s no better place for stunning mountain views and secluded hillside retreats than the Great Smoky Mountains, which have the best treehouses in the Gatlinburg area. So you’re guaranteed to find fantastic treehouse cabins and luxury resort-like rentals for your families, partners, and even solo travelers from the treehouses mentioned in this article.
Need a family-friendly treehouse in the Smoky Mountains? Book the Maggie Valley treehouse and the Bryson City treehouse.
Want the best treehouse for a romantic getaway in the Smokies? Don’t miss the Willow in Treehouse Grove at Norton Creek.
Want the best luxury treehouses in the Smoky Mountains? Book the Willow, the Ridge View Lodge, and the TreEscape treehouse.
The best Smoky Mountains tree house cabins have something for everyone!
Last Updated on October 27, 2023 by Brian