Gather around for the perfect escape, and check out the best-of-the-best treehouses in Australia!
My boyfriend and I spent the summer in Australia, and we spent our time exploring and finding the best treehouse rentals the country has to offer. We stayed at treehouses all over the country in incredible settings with mountain scenery, pristine rainforest creeks, tropical rainforest surroundings, and peaceful canopy treehouses.
Our adventure helped us find stunning treehouse rentals in Australia with secluded accommodations, spectacular rainforest views, modern amenities, and luxurious details to make every stay special.
We did much research to prepare for this trip, including consulting travel agencies, asking the locals, and reading endless reviews online. We aim to share our experience and help you find the best treehouse rentals suitable for your vacation style and needs while saving you time and money.
In this article, you will find information on accommodation views, amenities, locations, host interaction, and our overall experience. We considered each rental carefully based on the criteria and narrowed our list to the top seven.
These choices are tried and true so that you will love them no matter your choice!
Let’s jump in and find your perfect Australian Treehouse!
Source: Airbnb.com, The Secret Treehouse, Blue Mountains national park
The Gaiananda Treehouse – The Best Australia Treehouse Accommodation with a Hot Tub
Source: Booking.com, The Gaiananda Treehouse
My boyfriend and I loved this stunning tree house in the rainforest of Gold Coast’s Currumbin Valley and minutes away from Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and Currumbin beach. The two-bedroom tree house sleeps up to four people but was perfect for our romantic getaway. We loved all the modern comforts, including a full private bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen with high-quality appliances, a hot tub, and a private rainforest deck.
We felt so relaxed with 19 acres of rainforest surrounded by old towering trees. The interior had floor-to-ceiling windows and great views from all parts of the tree house. The outdoor searing and hot tub were romantic and secluded. We enjoyed the nearby walking trails, which were fun for observing wildlife.
The Gaiananda Treehouse is like your private rainforest retreat, perfect for romance. Here are three reasons why you will love this escape:
- Treehouse accommodation: This spacious Treehouse has a fully equipped kitchen, two bathrooms, a stunning terrace with an outdoor dining area, and a private hot tub.
- Location: Located on 19 acres of private wilderness, this peaceful Treehouse is a nature lovers” paradise, providing privacy and perfect relaxing space.
- Privacy: This Treehouse is one of the most secluded we have visited. The lush surroundings provide privacy, with the nearest store twenty minutes away.
This place was our favorite treehouse rental for couples, and we loved every minute here. But the host has a policy of no meat on the property, only vegetarian food. There is also no BBQ grill provided.
- Relax in the private rainforest hot tub on the deck.
- Enjoy hearing and watching wildlife with your morning coffee.
- Prepare a romantic meal in the fully equipped kitchen.
- Explore the property and nearby walking trails.
- No meat is allowed on the property.
- The rental doesn’t have a BBQ grill.
Treetops Seaview Montville Treehouse – The Best Luxury Tree House with a View
Source: booking.com, Treetops Seaview Montville Treehouse
My boyfriend and I stayed in the one-bedroom Tree House and loved all the treetop accommodations, modern luxuries, and impeccable views offered in these treehouse hotels. The Treehouse is warm and cozy, with wood panel walls and oversized windows. The modern interior has amenities like a kitchenette, air conditioning, a fireplace, a spa bath, and a rainforest view. They also have free private parking for guests.
We loved the cool tropical climate during our stay. We appreciated the continental hamper breakfast. The hosts wonderfully maintained the property, and the staff helpful. We loved visiting Lake Baroon from this site.
So this Treehouse is a great place to rent for couples looking for a treehouse hotel experience with some pampering. Here are three reasons why we consider this one of the best treehouses:
- Amenities: The Treehouse offers everything you need, including a spa bath, air conditioning, comfortable furniture, and a spacious balcony with a stunning view.
- The staff: Everyone is friendly and accommodating. We loved the breakfast they delivered to us each morning.
- Peaceful view: With almost panoramic views, you will feel like you are in the middle of the jungle, surrounded by lush trees and native plants.
Our time at the Treetops treehouse rental was incredible, and we were at a loss to find any fault with this rainforest retreat. But there is no WiFi at this Treehouse. Also, you will need a 4×4 to get to the driveway.
- Soak in the spa bath while enjoying the vast rainforest views.
- Enjoy a massage.
- Take advantage of outdoor dining on the spacious balcony.
- Curl up with a good book in the comfortable living area.
- Go swimming and kayaking at the nearby Lake Baroon.
- There is no WiFi in this treehouse rental.
- It’s difficult getting to the driveway; you will need a 4×4 car.
Three-Bedroom Villa – Treehouse – The Best Group Getaway at Rose Gums Wilderness Retreat
Source: Booking.com, Rose Gums Wilderness Retreat
The three-bedroom villa at Rose Gums Wilderness Retreat comfortably sleeps six adults, and we loved staying here with our friends. This place is one of the best treehouse hotels available, and they also have two-bedroom and studio options. The interior was modern and clean, with a fully equipped, spacious living area, outdoor dining area, and a private balcony with a BBQ grill.
On-site, we took advantage of the tennis courts and great walking trails. The location is amazing, and we were only minutes away from Butchers Creek. We also drove to the Wooroonooran National Park and the breathtaking Great Barrier Reef.
So this unique tree house is a great place to rent for friends or a larger family looking to explore nearby destinations. Here are three reasons we consider it one of the best treehouse rentals:
- Amenities: The Treehouse had everything we needed, including comfortable beds, a fully equipped kitchen, a private balcony for eating outdoors and grilling, and tennis courts.
- The staff: Everyone was quick to respond and super friendly. We loved and appreciated the hamper breakfast they provided.
- Location: This spot is a perfect hub for exploring nearby destinations like Butchers creek, Wooroonooran National Park, and the Great Barrier Reef.
Our friends and we were very comfortable throughout our stay and can hardly find anything negative about this treehouse hotel. But there was no air conditioning in our unit. Also, there needs to be a bug screen on the doors.
- Easily and quickly visit the Great Barrier Reef.
- Enjoy all the walking trails right on the property.
- Enjoy grilling on the huge verandah.
- Play tennis on the tennis court offered by the treehouse hotel.
- Enjoy your hamper breakfast and coffee to the sounds of the trees and birds.
- There is no air conditioning in this treehouse rental.
- There are a lot of bugs, so screens are needed on the doors.
The Secret Treehouse at Blue Mountains National Park – The Most Secluded Subtropical Rainforest Canopy Retreat for Couples
Source: Airbnb.com, The Secret Treehouse, Blue Mountains
My boyfriend and I had an amazing time at this one-bedroom, one-bath treehouse in the Blue Mountains region. The views were panoramic as the tree house is high in the tree tops perched on actual trees. The interior was incredible, with a comfortable queen-size bed, floor-to-ceiling windows, a fireplace, and a personal jetted tub with a rainforest view.
The location is amazing, and the Secret Treehouse accommodation is perfect for nature lovers. Nearby are two National Parks and a World Heritage-listed rainforest. We also loved Bowen’s Creek Gorge, the Blue Mountains rainforest, and Canoeing at Dunns Swamp.
So if you’re looking for a secluded place with terrific views and incredible outdoor activities, Secret Treehouse in the Blue Mountains is perfect. Here are three reasons why:
- Treehouse accommodation: This place has all the comforts of home, including a fireplace, queen bed, a balcony, jetted tub with a view, and floor-to-ceiling windows that bring in lots of natural light,
- The View: The Treehouse offers panoramic views of the Blue Mountains, the National park, and towering karri trees.
- The Location: Nature lovers can easily visit a World Heritage rainforest, Bowen’s Creek Gorge, and Dunns Swamp.
It’s hard to come up with a downside to a great place like this with such high-quality treehouse accommodation. But the rental was expensive. Also, there is no WiFi.
- Go hiking in one of the National Parks.
- Go canoeing on Dunns Swamp.
- Enjoy your morning coffee with a panoramic rainforest view.
- Cuddle up next to the fireplace with a good book.
- Soak in the jetted tub, enjoying the outside view.
- This property is more expensive than most.
- There is no WiFi available at the treehouse rental.
Neverland – The Stoney Creek Treehouse – The Best Treehouse Accommodation North Queensland for Groups and Families
Source: Booking.com, The Stoney Creek Treehouse, North Queensland
This three-bedroom and two-bath treehouse is one of the best canopy rainforest treehouses. It’s perfect for six guests, but it could accommodate more. The views are amazing, and the balcony overlooks the World Heritage Subtropical Rainforest. There are other nearby places to visit, like several swimming holes, a secluded waterfall, and the famous Glacier Rock walking track.
We had all the amenities needed at this treehouse rental, including free WiFi, AC, a fully equipped kitchen, outdoor furniture on the large deck, and a barbecue. The bathrooms have a walk-in shower and bathtub. This rental has the best tree-top accommodation for friends or a larger family.
The Stoney Creek Treehouse is a terrific property for a weekend trip and one of the best treehouses in Australia. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- Location: The Treehouse is in the World Heritage Subtropical Rainforest, providing great activities and exotic animal observation.
- Amenities: The property needs modern appliances, AC, WiFi, comfortable furniture, and a fully equipped kitchen and bathrooms.
- Outdoor activities: Just minutes away from the Treehouse, there are great opportunities to go hiking, bird watching, swimming, sunbathing, and having a jungle adventure.
We loved staying at this treehouse rental. However, we had some special accommodation needs, and the agency renting the property was slow to respond.
- Light the BBQ and enjoy outdoor dining on the balcony.
- Read a good book in the outdoor swing chair.
- Go swimming at a secluded waterfall and swim hole.
- Go hiking and bird watching in the rainforest.
- Enjoy a fun homemade meal as a group.
- Communication with the property rental agency was slow.
- The Treehouse is two levels with lots of stairs.
The River Room, Bellingen Treehouse – The Best Romantic Getaway and Glamping in New South Wales
Source: Airbnb.com, River Room, Billingen Treehouse, rentals in Australia
My boyfriend and I loved staying at the River Room treehouse. It can sleep up to three people, and a full detached bathroom is on site. We loved the glamping experience with lots of amenities and comforts of home. The property is beautiful, and there is access to the river. We loved canoeing and walking in the nearby Dorrigo and Belongil national parks.
We also loved being close to the town, where we found many great restaurants, bakeries, and coffee shops. Since we had been traveling before this stay, I loved that they had laundry washing available. This fact made our stay stress free. The bathroom was amazing, with a drenching shower and lush forest views. The room is spacous, and the bed is comfortable and clean. There is even a nice seating area. All the oversized windows look into the jungle.
This treehouse was a simple glamping opportunity in an amazing location. We loved spending time here and had everything we needed. Here are three reasons you’ll want to visit:
- Location: The properTreehouseht on the Never Never River and close to Dorrigo and Belongil national parks. Getting to town is quick for shopping and restaurants.
- Activities: We spent much time swimming in the river, canoeing, and sunbathing on the property. We took great hikes, did bird watching, and explored the wildlife in the national parks.
- Value: This rental is much cheaper than most of the options on this list. Yet it’s a great place to stay with many comforts and an excellent location. It’s more than a great value for the money.
We loved staying here and wish we had booked longer. However, the bathroom lacks privacy and is attached to the host building.
- Enjoy the sounds of the rainforest with your morning coffee and breakfast.
- Go canoeing and swimming right on the property.
- Take a hike or a walk on one of the trails in the national park.
- Explore restaurants and cafes in Bellingen.
- Read a book next to the oversized windows and enjoy the rainforest views.
- The bathroom is attached to the host building in the yard and lacks privacy.
Villa With a Garden View Treehouse at Gold Coast Tree Houses – The Best Location with an Outdoor Pool
Source: Booking.com, Gold Coast tree house accommodation
The Gold Coast Tree Houses were a perfect place to relay for the two of us. We rented the studio with a mountain view, but there are also larger rental options. The studio is spacous, creatively decorated, and clean. There is a stunning mountain view, a comfortable bed, and a walk-in shower. We also appreciated the other amenities like free WiFi, a kitchen, a hot tub, and a swimming pool.
The property was fun and peaceful, with a small farm run by the hosts. We got to hang out with some chickens, lamas, and sheep. The city was close by for great shopping and restaurants. We loved visiting Lamington National Park and exploring the trails. The treehouse accommodation at the property was top-notch, and the amenities were modern and useful.
My boyfriend and I loved the Gold Coast Tree Houses for the great amenities and location. Here are three reasons you will want to book this property:
- Amenities: It’s easy to feel pampered on this farm estate with a luxury bathroom, spacious and modern living space, WiFi, TV, hot tub, swimming pool, and picnic area.
- Location: The Gold Coast is a great place to explore the national parks and cities. We were close to the ocean and rainforest. The property is quiet with magnificent views, yet close to shopping.
- The hosts: We felt at home, and the hosts were accommodating and responsive to our requests. We loved getting to know about their land and farm.
We had such a great time in the studio treehouse it’s hard to find a fault. But the internet is not always reliable and disappears. If you work remotely or want to stream a movie, look for other internet options.
- Take a dip in the swimming pool or soak in the hot tub.
- Have a picnic with a view at the picnic table.
- Enjoy nearby restaurants and bars in the city.
- Visit the national park for great walking trails and bird watching.
- Enjoy your morning coffee with a mountain and jungle view.
- The internet is slow and unreliable.
Wrapping up: The Best Australia tree houses for rent
If you can visit Australia, staying at one of the treehouses or treehouse hotels is an ideal way to unwind and explore the rainforest.
My partner and I fell for the charm of these incredible treehouse stays in Australia. Perfect for couples desiring solitude or families who appreciate nature, they offer a tranquil and exotic experience.
In search of the perfect romantic getaway? Try Treetops Seaview Montville Treehouse or Gaiananda Treehouse. They’re among the top luxury treehouse rentals in Australia.
For a family-friendly adventure, consider the three-bedroom villa treehouse at Rose Gums Wilderness Retreat or Stoney Creek Treehouse. These are some of the finest treehouse vacation rentals Australia has to offer.
The treehouse resort Australia listings in this article are stunning, with excellent locations. We’re confident you’ll adore any of these choices, whether it’s a treehouse Airbnb Australia or a rainforest treehouse Australia.
Explore these unique stays in Australia now and find your preferred hideaway! These treehouse holidays Australia are indeed an eco-friendly and sustainable way to enjoy the nature retreat Australia offers. Discover the tranquility of treehouse cabins in Australia today!
Top Treehouses for Rent in Australia
|The Gaiananda Treehouse
|Two-bedroom treehouse with hot tub, private rainforest deck, full kitchen
|Gold Coast’s Currumbin Valley, near Wildlife Sanctuary & beach
|Private rainforest retreat
|Relaxing hot tub, wildlife sightings, modern kitchen, nearby trails
|No meat allowed, no BBQ grill
|Treetops Seaview Montville Treehouse
|One-bedroom treehouse with spa bath, fireplace, kitchenette, AC
|Cool tropical climate with nearby Lake Baroon
|Luxury retreat with friendly staff
|Spa bath with views, outdoor dining, nearby Lake Baroon activities
|No WiFi, difficult driveway (4×4 needed)
|Three-Bedroom Villa – Treehouse at Rose Gums Wilderness Retreat
|Three-bedroom villa with full kitchen, private balcony, BBQ grill
|Close to Butchers Creek, Wooroonooran National Park, Great Barrier Reef
|Good for larger groups/family
|Exploring nearby sites, outdoor grilling, tennis courts
|No AC, bug screens needed on doors
|The Secret Treehouse at Blue Mountains National Park
|One-bedroom, one-bath treehouse with jetted tub, fireplace
|Blue Mountains region, close to Bowen’s Creek Gorge and Dunns Swamp
|Secluded rainforest retreat
|Hiking and canoeing, fireplace, jetted tub with views
|Expensive, no WiFi
|Neverland – The Stoney Creek Treehouse
|Three-bedroom, two-bath treehouse with full kitchen, AC, BBQ grill
|North Queensland, nearby swimming holes, waterfalls, Glacier Rock walking track
|Good for larger groups/family
|Outdoor dining, swimming, hiking, bird watching
|Slow communication with property agency, treehouse has lots of stairs
|The River Room, Bellingen Treehouse
|Sleeps up to three people, full detached bathroom, glamping experience
|Close to Dorrigo and Belongil national parks, and a town with restaurants, bakeries
|Close to nature, good for relaxation
|Swimming, canoeing, hiking, exploring nearby towns
|Bathroom attached to the host building, lacks privacy
|Villa With a Garden View Treehouse at Gold Coast Tree Houses
|Studio with mountain view, hot tub, swimming pool
|Close to city, Lamington National Park, and a small farm
|Farm estate with modern amenities
|Swimming pool, hot tub, farm animals, nearby national park
What is the best tree house rental for couples in Australia?
The Treetops Seaview Montville Treehouse is the best choice for a luxurious and romantic couples’ vacation. The one-bedroom, the one-bathroom tree house has modern amenities like a kitchenette, air conditioning, fireplace, and spa bath with a rainforest view. Couples will love the continental hamper breakfast, which you can enjoy on the balcony or hike. The property is well-maintained, and the staff is helpful. Make sure to visit Lake Baroon for water activities.
What’s the best treehouse for a family rainforest retreat in Australia?
The three-bedroom villa treehouse at Rose Gums Wilderness Retreat is a perfect family treehouse rental that sleeps up to six people. The treehouse is modern and clean, with a fully equipped, spacious living area, outdoor dining area, and a private balcony with a BBQ grill. On-site, a tennis court is for family fun, and nearby walking trails suit all levels. The location is perfect for those who love nature and want to visit Butchers Creek, Wooroonooran National Park, and the impeccable Great Barrier Reef.
Are the best treehouse rentals on the Western Australia Coast or the East?
The best treehouses in Australia are found on the east coast rather than in the Western Australia region. The best is located in the New South Wales region, around Gold Coast and north Queensland. The east coast is rich in rainforest destinations, with access to National Parks, the Great Barrier Reef, Dandenong Ranges Botanic Garden, and more. Check out The Gaiananda Treehouse with a hot tub in the Blue Mountain National Park area for a great east coast treehouse rental.
What treehouse accommodation do rentals in Australia offer?
Most treehouses in Australia have modern accommodations and amenities, including a comfortable bedroom space, indoor bathroom, balcony or deck space, barbecuing options, fully equipped kitchens, and more. Some treehouses and treehouse hotels offer additional accommodations like hot tubs, swimming pools, outdoor hot water showers, recreational equipment, and spa treatments.
Last Updated on October 27, 2023 by Brian