Welcome to the best redwood treehouse rentals awards show!
My boyfriend and I have spent the last month driving around Northern California and its stunning forests, searching for the best Redwood National Park lodging sites. We only wanted to find the best ones, so we consulted online reviews, took local recommendations, and stayed in each treehouse ourselves for the real experience.
So after much back and forth and arguing over the best treehouse rentals, we finally narrowed it down to the top three redwood treehouses, ranked on amenities, locations, views, hosts, and overall value.
Our goal with this article is to help you save time and money in choosing the best redwood treehouse by sharing our personal experiences. So each rental mentioned below is the best of the best, and you’re guaranteed a relaxing stay no matter which one you choose.
Let me see the best redwood treehouse rentals already!
Treehouse On Creek in Redwoods – Best Family Treehouse Rentals
Source: Vrbo.com Redwood Treehouse Santa Cruz
My boyfriend and I are returning guests at the treehouse and cabin rentals at the Humboldt Coastal Redwoods, as it’s a terrific rental for families and small groups. We love this property for its secluded location, nestled on 10 acres of private forestland and next to a seasonal creek and waterfall.
The cabins can easily accommodate up to five people from a private bedroom, a sleeping loft, and a living area and well-equipped kitchen. We particularly enjoyed the bathhouse cabin, which featured showers and toilets, and the treehouse, accessible by a well-lit walkway with floor-to-ceiling windows that let in ample sunlight and forest views.
In addition, the treehouse is hosted by Michael and Stephanie, who are terrific hosts and ensure your stay is comfortable.
So book the redwood tree house and cabins for your next family getaway in Northern California, as it’s one of the best. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The outdoor area: The small porch outside the treehouse has ample outdoor seating and gives the best views of the redwood trees from all sides, plus, the glass treehouse with large windows is great for enjoying the treetop views in the morning and night.
- The amenities: The cabins have modern amenities like comfortable beds, clean showers, and toilets in the bathhouse, a flatscreen TV and gas heater in the living room, a well-equipped kitchen, and a small dining area.
- The activities: Guests can enjoy many nature-filled activities from this treehouse, like mushroom picking in the nearby fields, taking nature walks, hiking in the Redwood National Park, and visiting the rushing waterfall and seasonal creek.
We had a great time at this treehouse without any problems. However, guests should note that the treehouse has a remote location in the forest, so cell reception is lacking.
- The cabins and treehouse are clean, well-maintained, and adequately furnished.
- The hosts are friendly and responsive throughout your stay.
- The outdoor spaces give stunning views of the surrounding forest.
- The cabins have a comfy living room, sleeping loft, bedroom, and kitchen.
- The rentals have all the amenities needed for a relaxing stay.
- There is a lack of cell service in the area.
- The path to the treehouse is from an uneven, winding road that is difficult to navigate.
Overall, we had an amazing time at this redwood tree house, and it’s an ideal rental for a secluded getaway for your next vacation.
Redwood Treehouse in Santa Cruz Mountains – Rustic treehouse rentals
Source: airbnb.com Redwood Treehouse in Santa Cruz Mountains – Rustic treehouse rentals
My boyfriend and I stayed at the Magical treehouse on a local’s recommendation and had an amazing time. The treehouse has an ideal location nestled in a redwood forest in the Santa Cruz Mountains, close to Big Sur, Monterey Bay, and Carmel by the Sea.
We loved the rustic interiors of this treehouse, which included an open-plan living space with a bed, a private bathroom, a lounge space, and a kitchen. However, our favorite space was the deck, where we relaxed in the outdoor hot tub after a day outdoors, cooked meals on the BBQ grill, and ate them on the bench seating.
In addition, the treehouse is hosted by Mary Jane, who’s a great host and ensures you have a comfortable stay.
So book the Magical redwood treehouse in Santa Cruz Mountains, as it’s one of the best redwood treehouses. Here’s why:
- The spaces: The treehouse accommodates two people comfortably from its cozy bed and living area, a well-equipped kitchen, a private bath, an outdoor area for the hot tub, a deck, and a wooden walkway for taking in the views.
- The amenities: The treehouse has beautiful furnishings and amenities such as antique pieces, a comfy high bed, a rustic gas heater, a TV with a DVD player, outdoor seating, plenty of books, and a dining table.
- The location: Guests are a short walk from great national parks with hiking and nature trails, close to Monterey Bay which has great restaurants, golf courses, and biking trails, plus surfing, sunbathing and fishing from the coast.
The only small issue we faced during our stay here was that the gas heater wasn’t enough to keep the treehouse warm, so we often got cold at night.
- The treehouse is clean, well-furnished, and has all the essential amenities.
- The host is friendly and communicates well with guests.
- The treehouse offers stunning forest views from its outdoor spaces.
- There are many spaces to seek some seclusion in the treehouse.
- The treehouse was designed by a stained glass artist and there’s a living tree growing in it.
- The single heater is insufficient to keep the treehouse warm.
- There is limited hot water in the shower.
Overall, we had a relaxing time at the Magical redwood treehouse, and it’s the perfect getaway for folks who love nature.
Romantic Treehouse in the Redwoods
Source: airbnb.com Romantic Treehouse in the Redwoods
My boyfriend and I are returning guests at the romantic treehouse in Santa Cruz, as it’s one of our favorite rentals for a couple’s getaway. The treehouse has an ideal location nestled on a 10-acre private farm, designed by an architect and featuring beautiful interior spaces.
We loved our time at this treehouse, which has luxurious amenities like a four-poster king bed overlooking the trees, a full private bath, and spacious living room and kitchen areas. However, our favorite part was lounging on the wraparound decks, which have romantic nighttime lighting and give the best views of the redwood forest.
In addition, the treehouse is hosted by Robin, who’s a great host and ensures you have a comfortable stay at this great location.
So book the romantic redwood treehouse for a couple’s getaway, as it’s one of the best. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The treehouse spaces: The treehouse has a living room with comfortable seating and floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the forest, a cozy bedroom, a fully functional kitchenette, a full bathroom, and a wraparound deck with stunning views.
- The modern amenities: The treehouse features all the modern amenities you expect in a hotel, like high-quality linens, a fireplace and flatscreen TV, an outdoor hot tub and swimming pool, comfortable outdoor seating, and even a rustic outdoor shower.
- The attention to detail: The owners have put a lot of thought into making the treehouse feel unique for couples, with details like fresh flowers around the house, chocolates, coffee, tea and complimentary seltzer, premium bathrobes and linens, and much more.
The only issue to consider before booking is that there is limited cell service in the area.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- The host is friendly and accommodating throughout.
- The treehouse has a stunning location with easy access to private wooded acres.
- There are hotel-like amenities available in the treehouse.
- The location is ideal for a quiet writer’s retreat or honeymoon.
- There is limited cell reception in the area.
- The bathroom is outside the treehouse.
Overall, we had a fantastic time at this peaceful treehouse rental, and we consider it one of the best treehouse rentals for a romantic getaway.
What’s the best redwood tree house in California?
California is teeming with redwood forests, and you can find some stunning treehouse rentals in them. Some of the best ones include the Magical treehouse, the Santa Cruz mountain treehouse, old fig garden treehouse rentals, and the Romantic treehouse. These rentals offer secluded locations among the redwoods and are decked with all the modern amenities you need for a relaxing stay.
Is the Flying pig treehouse oasis a peaceful treehouse?
The Flying Pig treehouse oasis is a terrific rental for couples and small groups looking for a redwood treehouse. The rental tree house has gorgeous outdoor decks overlooking the forest, a combination of rustic and modern amenities, and no one around for miles, so guests can enjoy the peace and quiet.
Are there redwood forest treehouses in San Francisco?
The Northern California treehouse is the closest redwood treehouse to San Francisco, which you can access a short distance by air or road from Crescent City to San Francisco. That’s because redwood treehouses are usually secluded and far off from major cities, so you’re less likely to find ones near San Jose, the Golden Gate Bridge area, or San Fran.
Wrap-Up: The Best Redwood Forest Treehouse Rental
If you’re looking for a rustic spot for a treetop vacation in California, book the state’s redwood forest accommodations, which boast tall treehouses with stunning views in secluded locations, and with all the modern amenities you’re used to.
So you can find the best treehouse rental for family, couples, or solo travelers from the details mentioned in this article.
Need a family-friendly redwood treehouse? Book the Santa Cruz Mountains treehouse nestled in old growth redwoods.
Looking for a couple’s treehouse rental? Don’t miss the romantic treehouse and the Magical treehouse.
The best redwood treehouses promise a magical stay in nature!
Last Updated on October 27, 2023 by Brian