Welcome fellow nature lovers, to the best treehouse rental guide in Bali!
My boyfriend and I are obsessed with Bali, as it’s been our dream holiday destination for ages. So on our last trip to the island, we searched high and low for the best treehouse rentals in Bali, which were affordable, promised a comfortable stay, and revealed a less-touristy and more natural side of the island.
Our search led us in and around Ubud, the Balian village, Sanur, Nusa Penida, and even further, searching for the most beautiful and relaxing treehouse rentals. Of course, we took a lot of help from locals, scoured online reviews, and stayed in each one to get the real treehouse living experience.
So after much back and forth and weighing the pros and cons, we narrowed it down to the top six Bali treehouse rentals, ranked on amenities, locations, views, and overall value.
Our goal with this article is to help you save time and effort in finding the best Bali treehouses by sharing our personal experiences. So each rental mentioned below is the best of the best, and you’re guaranteed a relaxing stay no matter which one you pick.
Warning: You’ll never want to leave after setting your eyes on these breathtaking treehouses!
Let me see the best treehouses in Bali!
Bali Tree House Pelangi – The most Magical Treehouse in Bali
Source: booking.com Bali Tree House Pelangi – Most Magical Treehouse in Bali
My boyfriend and I were looking for a treehouse for a romantic rural retreat in Bali, and locals directed us to the Pelangi treehouse. This ended up being our favorite rental on the island, as it’s located on a quiet property with stunning views of Mount Agung and Mount Batur, surrounded by native vegetation and lush gardens.
We had a fantastic time at this treehouse, which sits high among the trees propped on stilts, and each rental has a private balcony, shared bathrooms, and a garden. Our favorite part was the outdoor breakfast bar in a covered gazebo, where the host family prepared a delicious breakfast of nasi goreng and coffee for us every morning.
Our trip was made even more enjoyable by our hospitable hosts, who ensured our stay was comfortable.
So book the Bali tree house Pelangi for a couples getaway or small group retreat, as it’s one of the best treehouse rentals in Bali. Here’s why:
- The views: From the balconies, guests can enjoy a breathtaking sunrise view over Mt. Batur and Mt. Agung, relax in the tranquil rural setting, and explore their beautiful private garden on the property with native vegetation.
- The amenities: Each treehouse has a queen bed, linens, a shared bathroom with toiletries, outdoor seating on the balcony, free Wi-Fi, an Asian breakfast every morning, ample parking space at the entrance, and more.
- The location: The secluded rentals are an easy drive to the Besakih and Lempuyang temples, the Blanco Museum, the Monkey Forest Ubud, and the airport.
We had such a relaxing time at this treehouse and were unable to find fault with it. However, since the bathroom situation is shared, previous guests have complained that the stalls aren’t always clean. But this wasn’t an issue during our stay.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- The host family is attentive and accommodating.
- There are many species of native flowers and plants in the gardens.
- Guests will enjoy complete privacy from their rental as neighboring treehouses are spaced apart.
- The treehouses are close to most outdoor attractions in Bali.
- The bathroom situation is shared and not always clean.
- It gets loud at night from the nearby road and animals on the property.
Overall, my boyfriend and I had an amazing time at the Pelangi treehouse, and we recommend it to everyone seeking a quiet getaway on the island.
Camaya Bali Suboya – Magical Bamboo Treehouse
Source: airbnb.com Camaya Bali Suboya – Magical Bamboo Treehouse
My boyfriend and I are returning guests at the Magical Bamboo house in Bali, as it’s an amazing rental in a secluded location. The gorgeous Magical Bamboo House location overlooks Bali’s lush terraced rice paddies and Mount Agung in the distance and is completely separated from the island’s crowded tourist hubs.
We loved our time at this treehouse, which feels like a giant outdoor space with wide terraces, two master bedrooms overlooking the rice paddies, and even an outdoor covered bathroom. However, our favorite part was the huge hammock on the second floor, ideal for lounging, napping, and settling in with a book.
In addition, the house is hosted by Made, who lives in the village nearby and is always ready to attend to guests.
So, the Bali bamboo treehouse is the perfect place for a romantic getaway or family vacation and one of the best treehouses in Bali. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The comfort and convenience: From the treehouse, guests can enjoy free breakfast, access to nearby local restaurants, a workspace on the ground floor, a private bathroom, a rain shower with treetop views, and very comfortable bedding and furniture.
- The outdoor activities: Guests can request rice terrace hiking, and white water rafting, visit the nearby Besakih Mother Temple and the Tirtagangga Water Palace, take tours to the beach, and get private yoga lessons and a Balinese massage.
- The spaces: The treehouse comfortably sleeps four people from its two master bedrooms with a king bed in each, plus a private bathroom, two gorgeous terraces, a hammock, a big cuddle area with pillows, a large dining area, and a breakfast bar.
We had an amazing stay at this treehouse without any issues. However, guests should note that the location isn’t completely private, as farmers working in the fields can see into the ground floor level.
- The house is clean, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- The host is always nearby and very helpful.
- There’s a spacious outdoor shower and free toiletries available.
- There’s a small yet private pool on the premises.
- You can get a delicious local breakfast served every day.
- The open structure of the treehouse allows mosquitos and insects to enter.
- There’s a lack of privacy on the first floor as villagers in fields nearby can look into the treehouse.
Overall, our time at the Bamboo House was perfect, and we highly recommend it to couples and families looking for a private getaway.
Dreamy Eco Treehouse – Best Waterfront Treehouse in Bali
Source: booking.com Dreamy Eco Tree house
My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Eco Bamboo treehouse in Bali and had a fantastic time. The stunning rental is located right on Suwehan beach, with views of the crashing waves and pristine sands visible from its deck and terraces, making it one of the best waterfront treehouses.
The rental is great for people looking for a treehouse hotel, as it offers room service and Asian and continental breakfast. In addition, the treehouse accommodates two people from its cozy bedroom and a shared bathroom, plus a beautiful deck with wooden steps leading to the shore.
So book the dreamy eco tree house for a luxury getaway in Bali, as it’s one of the best treehouse rentals. Here’s why:
- The hosts: The couple who runs this rental unit is terrific, as they take great care of guests, prepare a delicious breakfast each morning, and give great recommendations for activities in the area and how to reach them.
- The spaces: Each rental has a private bedroom, garden, terrace, and deck, access to a bathroom, and stairs leading to the beach. There are also communal spaces to enjoy interacting with other guests and the hosts.
- The water activities: Guests have access to a private beach from their rental, with fishing allowed on the premises and lots of interesting marine life sightings, such as manta rays.
The only small issue to consider while booking is that the stairs and the hill leading to the beach are steep and not ideal for people who aren’t in shape or have mobility issues.
- The treehouse is comfortable, well-maintained, and adequately furnished.
- The rental is within walking distance of gorgeous beaches.
- Guests have access to many private spaces overlooking the beach.
- The hosts are friendly and responsive throughout your stay.
- The location is secluded and uncrowded.
- The steps and hill leading to the beach are very steep and slippery.
- The bathroom situation is shared.
Overall, we loved our time at the dreamy eco-tree house and highly recommended it to couples and solo travelers.
Roots Tree House – Best Treehouse Hotels in Bali, Indonesia
Source: booking.com Roots tree house
Enjoy a luxury treetop vacation in Bali from the Roots treehouse villa, one of our favorite rentals on the island. These treehouse hotels are nestled in the quiet neighborhood of Ungasan, with access to world-class surf breaks, stunning beaches, and great local restaurants.
My boyfriend and I loved our time at this treehouse, built on sturdy tree trunks and overlooking the beautiful surrounding forest. Each rental has a cozy bedroom, an outdoor deck with treetop views, and a fully equipped private bathroom with a shower and free toiletries.
In addition, the hosts are terrific and ensure you’re comfortable throughout your stay.
So book the Roots treehouse in Bali for a comfortable vacation, as it’s one of the best. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The modern facilities: The treehouse has a plush bedroom with high-quality linens, a bathroom with complimentary toiletries, a cozy lounge area, a terrace, private gardens, an onsite restaurant, and access to the grounds.
- The hotel services: Guests can enjoy breakfast with a variety of options, a car rental service to drive around the island, a paid airport shuttle service, an outdoor swimming pool, and round-the-clock service.
- The location: The rental is close to the airport, with great restaurants and shops, many beaches nearby, the Samasta Lifestyle Village, and many of Bali’s famous attractions.
The only small problem we faced during our stay was that the hot water ran out of the shower quickly, but it’s not necessarily a deal breaker as there wasn’t much need for hot water.
- The treehouses are clean, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- The hosts and staff are very attentive and helpful.
- There is ample parking space and free Wi-Fi in the hotel.
- Each accommodation offers beautiful garden views.
- The treehouse hotels have a terrific onsite restaurant.
- There was a lack of hot water in the shower.
- The steps leading to each rental were steep and difficult to climb with luggage.
Overall, the Roots tree house location is ideal for couples, families, and solo travelers looking for a quiet getaway that’s close to outdoor activities.
Little Tree House – Best treehouse for Families in Bali
Source: booking.com Little Tree House
Families looking for a cozy retreat in Bali should come to the Little treehouse, which is a perfect retreat for small groups with its spacious interiors and hotel-like services. My boyfriend and I vacationed with his family in this rental and had an amazing time being pampered by the great staff and being just five minutes from the beach.
The treehouse comes with beautiful rooms, a semi outdoor bathroom, a balcony overlooking the garden, and a shared open-air lounge with gorgeous wooden furnishings. Our favorite parts were the onsite yoga treatments the host family offered, spa treatments, an outdoor swimming pool, and great all-over service.
So book a relaxing getaway in Sanur at the Little treehouse, as it’s one of the best. Here’s why you’ll agree:
- The amenities: The rooms come with a flat-screen TV with cable and a DVD player, a microwave, a wardrobe and a safe, a full bathroom, a comfortable platform bed, complimentary toiletries, and much more.
- The hotel facilities: Guests can enjoy an open-air large living room space with daybeds, access to yoga and spa treatments, assistance with luggage, laundry, massages, tours of the island, and even airport shuttle services.
- The location: The treehouse is a five-minute walk to Sanur beach, the yoga center, and close to the airport while being in a secluded neighborhood away from the city crowds and pollution.
One issue we had with the treehouse was that the property wasn’t well-maintained, so there was a huge puddle at the entrance that wasn’t ever cleared, and the ground floor flooded during rains.
- The treehouse is clean, well-insulated, and beautifully decorated.
- The host family is very kind and always available to help.
- The onsite yoga and spa services are incredible.
- There are great communal spaces to interact with other guests.
- You can enjoy privacy from your accommodation.
- The treehouse floods during rains on the lower level, and there’s a huge puddle to cross at the entrance.
- It gets loud at night from the open setting, as you can hear neighboring rentals.
Overall, the Little treehouse in Bali is ideal for small groups, families, and tourists looking for a comfortable place to stay.
Balian Treehouse Airbnb
Source: airbnb.com BALIAN TREEHOUSE With swimming pool
Prepare to settle in a jungle oasis from the Balian treehouse, which is a gorgeous rental tucked away in the village of Balian, close to the local beach. My boyfriend and I stayed at this treehouse on a local’s recommendation and had the best time from its open-air setting, private pool, and terrific service.
The treehouse features gorgeous spaces like an open living room, an upstairs bedroom, two verandas overlooking the palm trees, and lush gardens. However, the highlight of this treehouse is the swimming pool seen from every room, which is ideal for relaxing in and enjoying the distant ocean views.
In addition, the space is hosted by Made, who’s friendly and responsive, and makes sure you have the best time here.
So book the Balian treehouse to enjoy rural Bali, as it’s one of the best rentals. Here’s why:
- The spaces: Guests can enjoy complete privacy from the treehouse’s many open spaces, like two verandas with garden views, a cozy bedroom, an open living area, a roomy bathroom with a rain shower, a small kitchenette, and access to the outdoor pool and gardens.
- The amenities: There’s high-speed Wi-Fi, TV with cable and a DVD player, a small stove for cooking, all bed and bath essentials, a mosquito net on the day bed, comfortable indoor and outdoor furniture, a standing fan and air conditioning, and more.
- The village activities: The treehouse is minutes from the Balian beach for swimming and surfing, plus great local restaurants in the village, a night market for shopping and trying street food, and sightseeing outside the village.
The only thing guests should consider before booking is the treehouse’s remote location, so there’s not much to do besides visiting the beach, and Bali is far away.
- The treehouse is beautifully furnished and gives stunning views of the property.
- The host is very friendly and always around if you need help.
- You can book a great massage right at the treehouse.
- There are amazing coffee shops and restaurants within walking distance.
- There’s a lot of privacy and peace in this location.
- The treehouse could use some maintenance and cleaning in the bathroom.
- The remote location places it far from most activities in Bali.
Overall, my boyfriend and I had a terrific time at the Balian treehouse, and we would highly recommend it to couples and families.
What’s the benefit of staying at the Villa Nautilus treehouse in Bali?
Enjoy living in a treehouse resort from the Villa Nautilus treehouse, which has luxury amenities like a private pool with poolside sunbeds, onsite twin waterfalls, and high-end amenities. Guests can also enjoy homemade Balinese cooking, views of terraced rice paddies, and bask in the beauty of the resort.
What is the best Bali treehouse hotel?
Bali has some fantastic treehouse hotels for couples, small groups, and families, which have modern amenities, great service, and amazing views. The best Bali tree house hotels are the Roots treehouse, the Bamboo house, and the Little treehouse, which feature resort amenities like massages and spas and have stunning locations nestled away from crowded city hubs.
Should I stay at the Hobbit treehouse in Bali?
Nestled in a small Bali village is the Hobbit treehouse, which is a stunning rental that offers views of the island’s jungles and rice terraces. The treehouse is accessible via a suspension bridge leading to a rooftop terrace, a spacious loft for kids to play in, a queen sized swing sofa on the ground floor, a private balcony to enjoy the views, and great modern amenities.
What are the best Bali treehouses Airbnb?
If you’re looking for the best Airbnb treehouse in Bali, head to the Owl Bamboo house, the Balian treehouse, the Magical bamboo house, and the Villa Nautilus treehouse. These rentals are available on Airbnb for great prices, modern amenities, and with terrific service.
What is the best treehouse in a tropical forest in Bali?
One of the best treehouses in Bali, if you want to experience the island’s dense forests, is the Ecohotel called Lift Bali. This rental is nestled in a tropical rainforest, with three rentals; the George Orwell, the Stanley Kubrick House, and the Ernest Hemingway. The rentals have king-size beds in the bedrooms, a modern bathroom, an outdoor shower, a meditation nest with a hammock, views of the rivers and mountains, and much more.
Wrap-Up: The Best Treehouse Rentals in Bali
If you’re looking for a relaxing vacation rental for your Bali vacation, book the island’s best treehouses, which are set in jungles, offer stunning coastal and mountain views, and are decked with modern hotel-like amenities.
So make your Bali getaway special by booking the terrific treehouses mentioned in this article.
Need a treehouse for a family-friendly getaway in Bali? Book the Roots treehouse and the Little treehouse.
Want a couple’s retreat in Bali? Book the Pelangi treehouse and the Magical Bamboo treehouse.
Need a rustic getaway in Bali with views? Don’t miss the Dreamy eco treehouse and the Little House.
The best Bali treehouses have everything you need and more!
Last Updated on December 11, 2023 by Brian