Are you dreaming of a relaxing getaway surrounded by nature?
You will find it in the best-hidden cabins of North Carolina in 2024!
North Carolina has been one of our favorite destinations for years because we love all the secluded cabins, nearby outdoor adventures, breathtaking views, and easy access to gorgeous attractions. Our adventures in the state have taken us to some breathtaking locations like the Great Smoky Mountains, Nantahala National Forest, Pisgah National Forest, and the Elk River Valley. And my boyfriend and I loved every minute of exploring.
Want a secluded setting with luxury amenities and stunning views? Are you looking for scenic hiking trails?
We have searched the state high and low, based on online reviews, rental agency recommendations, and suggestions from our friends, with the goal of finding the absolute best cabins that suit everyone’s interests, accommodation needs, and budget.
To make your choice quick and easy, we ranked each beautiful property based on the best views, location, outdoor recreation opportunities, and all the amenities available.
Trust us! These are the best-secluded cabins North Carolina has to offer!
So let’s help you pick the right one for you!
Source: Vrbo.com, The Flying Eagle in EN – Best views in High Country- Luxury home
The Flying Eagle Cabin – A Luxury Cabin with Stunning Views of the Elk River Valley
Source: Vrbo.com, The Flying Eagle in EN – Best views in High Country- Luxury home
We fell in love with this beautiful cabin! There is not much missing in this luxurious and spacous cabin suitable for couples or large groups of up to twelve people.
The interior is impeccable. There is a stunning living room full of natural light thanks to the glass walls and all the large windows. We also loved the gourmet kitchen, gas fireplace, and copper tub. But most of all, the luxurious master bedroom with a king-size bed.
You will feel pampered with all the amenities like air conditioning, a private hot tub and sauna, a pool table, and a fire pit. Not to mention the covered porch, and most of the cabin has a breathtaking mountain view which is perfect for relaxing.
This cabin is a perfect mountain vacation spot to share with close friends and enjoy outdoor recreation like wildlife viewing, mountain biking, rock climbing, and all the great hiking trails.
We loved getting day passes and visiting Eagles Nest Winery and even drove out to downtown Asheville. The property is not pet friendly (so no worries for those with allergies!)
Have an ultimate relaxing stay at the Flying Eagle Cabin. Here’s why we made it our top pick:
- Amenities: You will love all the luxury this cabin offers, including high-end furniture, appliances, a hot tub and sauna, stunning views, and spacous bedrooms.
- The Scenic Views: No matter where you are in the cabin or outside, you have a stunning view of the hills, lush forest, and mountains. It was so relaxing!
- Outdoor activities: We couldn’t get enough of all the hiking trails and loved going wildlife and bird watching. We even tried out some mountain biking in the area.
This secluded cabin was so amazing we really couldn’t find fault with it. The only thing I can think of is that the cell service wasn’t available in all parts of the cabin. No big deal! They do have Wi-Fi.
- Soak in the private hot tub while enjoying the beautiful mountain view.
- Relax in the sauna after a long day out.
- You can take a day trip to downtown Asheville.
- Light up the fire pit for some hot dog roasting and observe the star-filled sky at night.
- Go mountain biking or hiking on one of the nearby trails.
- Due to the location, some areas don’t have cell service. We didn’t mind!
- The road is harsh in the winter, and you will need an AWD or good 4WD.
Bryson City Cottage with Hot Tub and Waterfall Views
Source: Vrbo.com, Bryson City Cottage with Hot Tub and Waterfall Views
This three-bedroom Blue Ridge Mountains cabin in Bryson City is a close second choice! My boyfriend and I – could have stayed forever! We enjoyed the secluded location and beautiful mountain stream.
The outdoor area had everything we needed. The spacous back and front porch have plenty of room to enjoy the lush green woods around you and eat your meals outside. We did a lot of BBQing on the gas grill. We also loved using the fire pit and private hot tub. (Relaxing!)
The interior is spacous and comfortable. I loved the master with a queen size bed and the fully equipped kitchen with all the utensils and dishes needed.
The location is impeccable for nature lovers. We loved spending time at the Nantahala National Forest and visiting Blue Ridge Parkway. You will adore it too!
This cute cabin is perfect for a secluded getaway in the North Carolina Mountains. Here’s why you should book it now!
- Amenities: We felt at home and comfortable in this cabin, with all the modern amenities, a well-equipped kitchen, a spacous bedroom, and fun details like the fire pit and private hot tub.
- Nearby attractions: Go fishing, hiking, and even hunting just a short drive from the cabin. It’s close to the national forest for great outdoor activities. We loved the birdwatching.
- The Value: This great cabin sleeps up to six people but is affordable and well-priced for two guests. In any case, it’s a great value for the money.
This cabin is our second pick for the best-secluded cabins in North Carolina, so finding fault with it is almost impossible. The only thing we noticed is that there is not much cell service. This fact was a welcome breath for us. You might love it too.
- Light up the grill and enjoy an outdoor BBQ surrounded by a lush forest.
- Listen to the sound of the creek as you enjoy your morning coffee on the deck.
- Relax in the hot tub after a day of exploring the outdoors.
- Have some drinks around the fire pit.
- Visit the nearby Blue Ridge Parkway.
- There is limited cell service.
The HomeAway Cabin – A Perfect Mountain Vacation in Western -NC near the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Pisgah National Forest
Source: Vrbo.com, Relax in the Beautiful Secluded Mountains of Western ~NC
Are you looking for a hidden treasure in western North Carolina? Here is the perfect cabin for you.
My boyfriend and I loved this cozy cabin, perfect for a couple or family of up to five guests. The cabin has two bedrooms and one bathroom, a wood-burning stove, a fully equipped kitchen, and a washer and dryer (which I appreciated!)
Outside is a great private yard with outdoor seating, a fire pit, and a hot tub that comfortably seats six people. Overall, it’s one of the best cabin rentals for those looking to spend time in a secluded and quiet area.
Some of the great spots we visited (and you should too) are the Biltmore House and Grandfather Mountain. Exploring downtown Asheville was also lots of fun! And we tried horseback riding.
This place is one of the best cabin rentals, surrounded by mountains and national forests. Here’s why you, too, will love staying here:
- Amenities: You will love this cabin’s spacous interior, modern appliances, and comfortable furniture. There is also a great clean hot tub, fire pit, private deck, and yard.
- Location: This western NC location is perfect for couples who want to explore the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Pisgah National Forest.
- Comfortable interior: We loved the comfy, oversized furniture and bed. The living area is perfect, and there is plenty of room in the kitchen to make a great meal. Just like at home!
Right from the front door, we loved this cozy cabin rental. The peace and quiet it brings is just what we were looking for. The only downside is that the second bedroom is in the loft, which has a spiral staircase. It may be difficult for some.
- Go for a relaxing walk or hike while exploring the native birds and plants.
- Light up the grill in the private yard.
- Relax in the hot tub after a day of exploring.
- Visit fun restaurants and shops in downtown Asheville.
- The loft ceiling is low, and there is a spiral staircase leading up to it. This fact can be difficult for some.
The (Majestic Oasis) Slice of Heaven Cabin – Best Secluded Cabin with a Hot Tub and Panoramic Mountain Views of the Blue Ridge Mountains
Source: Vrbo.com, Slice of Heaven with a Million Dollar View Hot Tub Wi-Fi (2) Fire Pits
This beautiful castle of a cabin sleeps up to eight people. The three-bedroom and four-bathroom log cabin has an impeccable view of mountains and endless forests, which can be enjoyed from the spacous wrap-around deck or the large windows throughout the open living room. The Majestic Oasis cabin was recently renovated, and we loved all the high-end furniture and appliances. The kitchen is amazing. They also have a great hot tub.
The gated community offers wonderful picnic areas and a well-manicured lawn and pond. We loved being so close to Kerr Scott Lake Reservoir.
If you love water activities (like us), visit Lake Hickory. It’s just minutes away.
Want a high-end cabin experience for your family or friends? Then check out this cabin and the great reasons to book it now:
- Amenities: This cabin has it all. There is a stunning gourmet kitchen, spacous decks with stunning views, comfortable living space, a picnic area, a fire pit, and a hot tub.
- Location: Enjoy the Blue Ridge Mountains and all the outdoor activities, or cool off in the lake. Either way, you are close to all outdoor activities from this cabin.
- The view: I could spend hours staring at the quiet and pristine forest and mountains. It’s stunning!
The Majestic Oasis is a fun and beautiful cabin. The only thing I would mention is that it is part of a gated community with some shared amenities. This fact didn’t bother us! But it is less secluded than the other cabins on the list.
- Prepare a luxurious meal in the gourmet kitchen.
- Enjoy lounging on the spacous deck overlooking the stunning mountains and forest.
- Have fun checking out the water activities at the lake.
- Enjoy a relaxing drink in the private (and new) hot tub.
- This cabin is less secluded than the other ones on the list. Still, we loved it!
Wrapping up: The best-secluded cabins in North Carolina
North Carolina is famous for its beautiful mountain ranges, national forests, and lakes. So, it’s no surprise that it’s one of the most beautiful states with a large offer of secluded cabins.
As my boyfriend and I explored the state, we found some amazing cabin rentals suitable for everyone’s taste. Each one is great, and no matter your choice, you won’t regret it.
Are you looking for a luxurious cabin with a stunning view? Then pick the Flying Eagle Cabin.
Want a charming and secluded cabin in western North Carolina? Choose The HomeAway Cabin.
No matter what you are looking for, our top four cabins will provide you with a comfortable stay, great activities, and beautiful views.
Enjoy your stay!
What is the most romantic log cabin in North Carolina?
The Bryson City Cottage, with a hot tub and waterfall view, is an incredibly romantic and secluded cabin in North Carolina. The cabin is quiet and peaceful, with all the modern amenities like a fully equipped kitchen, spacous outdoor area, hot tub, fire pit, and high-end furniture. It’s also a great stay if you want to visit Nantahala National Forest and Blue Ridge Parkway. Both are worth visiting!
What’s the best-secluded cabin for a large group?
The Flying Eagle Cabin is a luxurious high-end cabin with top-of-the-line amenities and breathtaking views. The cabin is suitable for families or groups of friends because it sleeps up to twelve people. Some great amenities you will love include air conditioning, a private hot tub, a private sauna, a pool table, and a fire pit. It’s also close to many outdoor activities.
What modern amenities do secluded cabin rentals in North Carolina offer?
North Carolina cabin rentals offer great modern amenities. Most have all the necessary appliances, air conditioning, Wi-Fi, TV, and game rooms or pool tables. They also offer fully equipped kitchens, modern bathrooms with soaking tubs or walk-in showers, and open-space living areas with decks and impeccable views of mountains, creeks, and forests. Most have private hot tubs, fire pits, and other outdoor accommodations.
Last Updated on February 11, 2024 by Brian