Find your ultimate secluded retreat with our help! We have the best relaxing getaway cabin rentals for couples and families.
While traveling for work, my boyfriend and I had the chance to spend a few weeks in New Mexico and took some time off to explore the very best secluded cabins in Ruidoso.
We stayed in breathtaking cabins in incredible locations like Alto Lake, Perk Canyon, Lincoln National Forest, White Sands National Park, Grindstone Lake, Cedar Creek Lake, and many popular ski resorts.
Our adventure took us to cabins with modern amenities, nearby hiking trails, beautiful views, and much more.
Cabins in Ruidoso are perfect – for couples and families.
We diligently searched for the best cabin rentals based on online reviews, rental agency recommendations, and input from our friends – all with the goal of finding the absolute best cabins that suit everyone’s interests, accommodation needs, and budget.
It was no easy task to narrow our choices to the top five secluded cabin rentals.
So, trust us! These cabin choices are the best of the best.
Source: Booking.com, Sierra Blanca Mountain Retreat 16 Miles to Ruidoso
Sierra Blanca Mountain Retreat: Luxury Vacation Rental with a Sierra Blanca Mountain Range View
Source: Booking.com, Sierra Blanca Mountain Retreat 16 Miles to Ruidoso
This was our favorite cabin in Ruidoso! You will love it too!
The peaceful getaway is on a private 10-acre lot in a quiet area.
The large four-bedroom cabin is gorgeous, with a luxurious master bedroom, soaking tub, open floor plan, a fully equipped kitchen, and a large dining table for ten people.
There is a large flat screen tv, fireplace, and a lot of natural light from all the floor-to-ceiling windows. There are also extra beds children will love.
The highlight for us – was the spacious upper deck with a breathtaking view and a fire pit.
We took full advantage of the gas grill. And check-in was simple.
Make sure you visit the Nogal Peak, Alto Lake, Grindstone Lake, White Sands National Monument, and Ski Apache Resort. They are all well worth the short ride! (We had a blast!)
This was easily our first pick for the best secluded Ruidoso cabin.
Here’s why you’ll love it:
- Modern amenities: Not much missing here! We loved the fully equipped kitchen, spacious living spaces and dining area, modern bathrooms, and stunning back deck with a mountain view.
- Breathtaking views: The cabin’s interior and exterior have a panoramic view of the Sierra Blanca Mountain Range. (Very relaxing!)
- Peaceful location: The cabin is on large private land and in a quiet location. There is plenty of privacy.
This vacation rental was incredible. We enjoyed every minute. However, keep in mind it sleeps up to nine people, which drives up the price if it’s just you and your partner. The cabin is better suited for a group or family.
- Light up the gas grill and enjoy a relaxing outdoor meal.
- Enjoy your morning coffee with a stunning view of the mountains.
- Take a relaxing walk and enjoy the fresh air and wildlife.
- Gather around the fire pit to roast marshmallows and enjoy the star-filled night sky.
- Check out one of the nearby hiking trails.
- This cabin sleeps up to nine adults and is better suited for large groups than couples.
The Ruidoso Cabin: A Private Cabin with a luxurious Hot Tub near Grindstone Lake
Source: Booking.com, Ruidoso Cabin with w Hot Tub – 2 Mi to Grindstone Lake
You don’t want to miss this secluded ruidoso cabin if you are looking for a romantic getaway!
The two-bedroom, one-bathroom log cabin is in a calm area surrounded by tall pine trees and has great amenities. The master bedroom has a comfortable queen-sized bed and a fully equipped kitchen and breakfast bar. Everything is clean and tidy, and (I loved the) fine details like rustic furniture and rustic wood kitchen.
The bathroom is comfortable and modern, with a walk-in shower.
We appreciated the flat screen tv, and washer and dryer.
You will love the outdoor hot tub and fire pit on the spacious covered deck. So light up the gas grill for a great outdoor meal!
We loved the easy access to Grindstone Lake, which was within walking distance.
The Lincoln National Forest is about an hour away. My boyfriend loved the Ruidoso Downs Race Track. In the winter, head to a great ski area like Ski Apache or Ruidoso Winter Park.
Here are some great reasons you will love staying at this cabin:
- Amenities: We appreciated all the modern amenities, including a flat-screen TV, washer, dryer, outdoor hot tub, and breakfast bar.
- The location: There are many great ski areas if you visit in the winter, and awesome hiking and nearby lakes for the summer. Take your pick!
- Romantic feel: Whether it’s the great amenities, beautiful decor, or peaceful surroundings – this cabin has a special romantic feel.
We had so much fun at this secluded Ruidoso cabin. We couldn’t find much wrong with it. The only thing I would mention is that there is no air conditioning. It can get hot at night – especially during the summer.
- Explore fun restaurants and bars in Ruidoso.
- Go hiking in the Lincoln National Forest.
- Enjoy a romantic meal under the stars.
- Soak and relax in the private hot tub after a day of exploring.
- The cabin doesn’t have air conditioning.
The Mountain Log Cabin: Near Ruidoso Winter Park and a Panoramic View of the Sierra Blanca Mountains
Source: Vrbo.com, Peaceful mountain cabin with great view and location, New Mexico
This is a simple and beautiful log cabin.
It’s a spacious three-bedroom, three-bath mountain cabin surrounded by tall pines, and it sleeps up to six guests comfortably. Everything is super clean and comfortable. The furniture and amenities are home-like. I appreciated the fully equipped kitchen and full-size washer and dryer (useful after all our hiking!)
There are two wrap-around decks with plenty of outdoor spaces for lounging and eating. I loved the porch swing. The views are spectacular!
Alto Lake is wonderful for hiking and wildlife sightings. Downtown is minutes away, with great restaurants and coffee shops.
Nancy and Jim are great hosts that respond quickly and are welcoming.
This secluded Ruidoso cabin is perfect for families or a group of friends.
Here are three reasons you’ll want to stay at this cabin:
- Location: Being nestled in a mountain cabin is peaceful and quiet. This location really helps you relax and get back to nature.
- Amenities: The home-like cabin has everything you need for a comfortable stay.
- The value: We loved the great price of the cabin, especially since it can sleep up to six people. It’s a great deal.
We had a great time here – and you will too! The only thing I would mention is that there is no air conditioning. But being in the forest, the cabin is naturally cool. There are fans in all the rooms.
- Explore downtown restaurants and coffee shops.
- Go for a hike and observe wildlife.
- Enjoy a peaceful cup of coffee with a beautiful view.
- Check out Cedar Creek or Alto Lake for a relaxing day by the water.
- Enjoy outdoor meals on the spacious deck.
- The cabin doesn’t have air conditioning, but there are fans in all the rooms.
The Redwood Cabin: Romantic Cozy Cabin in Historic Upper Canyon
Source: Airbnb.com, Redwood in the Historic Upper Canyon
This is the ideal romantic getaway for two! My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay!
We loved the cozy one-bedroom cabin with perfect decor and comfortable furniture.
The king bed is super comfortable. We loved all the modern amenities, including a full kitchen, washer and dryer, air conditioning, Wi-Fi, and an indoor fireplace.
You will love the peaceful covered decks. Enjoy the private hot tub or sit around the outdoor gas fireplace (very romantic!) We also used the gas grill for some fun outdoor meals.
This is a pet-friendly cabin, so bring your furry friends!
This cute cabin is perfect for a secluded getaway. Here’s why you should book it now!
- Luxury amenities: We loved it all! The hot tub, the outdoor fireplace, the luxurious furniture and decor. This cabin has everything you need.
- Nearby attractions: Check out the Noisy Water Winery, the Two Rivers Ruidoso River Park, and the Perk Canyon Trailhead.
- Comfortable interior: You will have everything you need, including cozy and comfortable furniture with great decor.
We adored this cabin. The only thing I would mention is that there are other cabins in the neighborhood. But the tall pine trees provide plenty of privacy.
- Go for a nearby hike.
- Light up the BBQ and have a fun outdoor meal.
- Create some romance around the outdoor gas fireplace.
- Soak in the private hot tub after a day of exploring.
- Bring your pet on an adventure!
- This cabin is not as secluded as some. There are neighbors.
The Incredible Cabin: Secluded Ruidoso Cabin on Cedar Creek Lake
Source: Vrbo.com, Incredible Cabin on Cedar Creek Lake
Gather up the family and head to the lake!
This is a spacious five-bedroom cabin with lush lawns and gorgeous lake access. It’s perfect for water activities! The cabin sleeps up to thirteen people and has a large open living area.
The interior is comfortable with everything you need. There is a wood-burning fireplace (romantic), a fully equipped kitchen, a large dining table, internet, and air conditioning. There’s also a funky spiral staircase.
There are stunning views from every deck. We loved the stunning sunset each night.
The tall trees in the yard provide lots of afternoon shade. We loved sitting around the fire pit and grilling. There is even a boat house – perfect for fishing.
We had fun at Tara Vineyards and Winery. If you visit with kids, check out the Whatz-Up Family Fun Park.
This is a pet-friendly property.
Have an ultimate relaxing stay at this large cabin. Here’s why it made our list:
- The location: You can’t beat this location. It’s perfect for spending the day on the lake whether you enjoy fishing, swimming, or kayaking.
- Outdoor activities: We loved gathering around the fire pit, watching the sunset, swimming, kayaking, and taking relaxing walks.
- The value: The cabin sleeps up to thirteen people, making it a great deal per person and a good value.
This cabin was so amazing we loved swimming in the lake. The only thing I can think of is that some furniture is outdated. Also, there were neighbors – but we had plenty of privacy.
- Light up the grill for a perfect outdoor meal.
- Enjoy a romantic sunset on the lake.
- Spend the day swimming and soaking up the sun.
- Gather around the fire pit for roasting hot dogs and marshmallows.
- Visit the nearby vineyard.
- Some of the furniture can use an upgrade.
- The bunk beds are more suitable for children than adults.
Wrapping up: The best-secluded cabins in Ruidoso, New Mexico
New Mexico is a beautiful and unique state offering many beautiful destinations for an ideal vacation. Ruidoso, however, offers the very best and most diverse options that are perfect for everyone!
As my boyfriend and I explored the Ruidoso area, we found some stunning cabin rentals suitable for everyone’s vacation needs. Each one is excellent, and no matter your choice, you won’t regret it.
Looking for a romantic getaway for two? Check out the Redwood Cabin.
Want a luxurious vacation with all the comforts? Then book the Sierra Blanca Mountain Retreat.
Need a lakeside hideaway? The Incredible Cabin on Cedar Creek Lake is your pick!
There’s really no wrong choice! So no matter which one of these cabins you book, you will have an incredible time.
Enjoy your stay!
What is the best-secluded cabin rental near downtown Ruidoso?
The Ruidoso Cabin is a private cabin with a luxurious hot tub near Grindstone Lake and downtown Ruidoso. It’s perfect for exploring the town shops, restaurants and nightlife. The cabin has a two-bedroom, one-bathroom and is full of modern amenities. The deck is spacious and peaceful.
What is the best secluded Ruidoso cabin for a romantic getaway?
If you are looking for a romantic getaway, then you have to rent the Redwood Cabin in the historic Upper Canyon. The cozy one-bedroom cabin is full of modern and luxury amenities and offers perfect privacy for couples. Some of the accommodations offered at this gorgeous cabin include a full kitchen, washer and dryer, air conditioning, Wi-Fi, indoor and outdoor fireplace, and a private hot tub.
What modern amenities do secluded Ruidoso cabin rentals offer?
All the cabins on our list have modern amenities and comfortable accommodations. Ruidoso cabin rentals offer great mountain, forest, and lake views, spacious decks, and even beautiful sunsets. Most have a fully equipped kitchen, modern bathrooms with walk-in showers and bathtubs, fireplaces, hot tubs, fire pits, outdoor dining areas, and much more.
Last Updated on February 11, 2024 by Brian