Welcome to the best Northern California treehouse rentals awards show!
My boyfriend and I are nuts about Northern California, so we spent the last month on the road, searching for the best treehouses in the state. Naturally, we wanted only the best rentals, so we consulted a ton of online reviews, took recommendations from locals, and tested each treehouse for ourselves by staying a few days.
Our travels led us to San Francisco, San Jose, the Redwood forests, Santa Cruz, and many secluded woods with beautiful tree houses with amazing views and modern amenities.
So after weeks of research, roughing it out in each treehouse, and testing the facilities, we narrowed it down to the top five treehouse rentals in California. The ranking is based on the best amenities, locations, friendly hosts, and overall value.
Our goal with this article is to help you save time and money in choosing the best Northern California treehouse rental, by sharing our personal experiences. So every treehouse mentioned below is the best of the best, and you’re guaranteed an amazing time no matter which one you stay in.
Let me see the best Northern California tree houses already!
Hermon Treehouse – Best Northern California Tree House for Families
Source: booking.com Mt. Hermon Treehouse – Best Northern California Tree House
My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Mt. Hermon treehouse and had a fantastic time there. The treehouse has a secluded location nestled in a redwood forest and is conveniently located minutes from town, nearby beaches, golf courses, and famous places in the Santa Cruz area.
We loved the spacious interiors of this treehouse, which can comfortably accommodate small groups with its single bedroom, full bathroom, full kitchen, and spacious living room. However, our favorite place was the screened-in porch, which resembled sitting outdoors among the redwoods and was great for settling with a coffee or a book.
In addition, the treehouse has terrific hosts who respond to guest queries well and make sure your stay is comfortable.
So make sure to book one of the best treehouse rentals in California at Mt. Hermon, which is great for couples, small groups, and solo travelers. Here are three reasons why it’s the best:
- The outdoor spaces: The treehouse has beautiful exterior spaces such as a screened-in porch and a deck facing the redwood forest, which offers peaceful views. The spaces are fitted with comfortable outdoor furniture so guests can enjoy relaxing.
- The amenities: This modern-day treehouse has all the amenities guests are used to at home, such as a full kitchen with all essential appliances, high-quality linens, complimentary toiletries, high-speed Wi-Fi, and much more.
- The nearby locations: The treehouse is tucked in a redwood forest with a beautiful trail at the end of the street, a minute away from Mt. Hermon Adventures zip lines, Roaring Camp Railroads, Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park, and the Santa Cruz Boardwalk.
The only problem we faced while staying at this treehouse was the sleeping arrangements, which included a large propped mattress in place of the promised queen bed.
- The treehouse is clean, rustic, and well-maintained.
- The hosts are responsive and attentive during your stay.
- The redwood trees are visible from the treehouse’s many large windows.
- There are many fun outdoor activities nearby, like zip lining, hiking, and beaching.
- The treehouse is pet-friendly and has open outdoor spaces for pets to explore.
- The bed is a mattress propped on a platform and not too comfortable.
- The path leading to the house is overgrown with vines and difficult to find.
Overall, we had a great time at the Mt. Hermon treehouse, as its a fun and rustic rental in the Santa Cruz mountains.
Tree Top Glass House – Best Couples Tree House Rentals in Northern California
Source: vrbo.com Tree Top Glass House
We came across this terrific tree house rental in Northern California on a local’s recommendation and had an amazing time here. The treehouse is located on a ridge in Bishop Pines, overlooking the Tomales Bay State Park and Point Reyes National Seashore, so guests will be within minutes from great nature trails and the water.
The treehouse is an ideal getaway for couples and solo travelers as it comfortably sleeps two from a king bed in the open plan living area and a full bathroom with a walk-in shower. We particularly enjoyed the outdoor deck facing lush forestry and offering stunning water views.
In addition, the treehouse is hosted by Jeff and Barbie, who are terrific hosts and ensure your stay is comfortable.
So make sure to book the Hi House glass treehouse, as it’s one of the best treehouse rentals in California. Here’s why:
- The outdoor activities: The treehouse is surrounded by fun places for guests to explore, such as a historic lighthouse, the ocean and bay beaches, hiking trails in the state park, and a secluded lagoon.
- The amenities: The treehouse has all the amenities you’ll need for a comfortable stay, such as a small but full kitchen, complimentary linens and towels, high-speed internet, cable TV, indoor mood lighting, great outdoor furniture on the deck, and floor to ceiling glass windows to take in the views.
- The wildlife: Guests can view amazing wildlife from this location, such as pelicans on the water, land animals in Tomales State Park, like foxes, raccoons, badgers, weasels, rabbits, deer, bobcats, skunks, moles, and birds like owls, quails, goldfinches, puffins, pelicans, ducks, woodpeckers, and many other animals.
Our stay at this treehouse was nothing short of perfect, and we had a relaxing time. However, guests should note that the treehouse’s unique architecture makes it inaccessible for children and people with mobility issues.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished.
- There are huge glass windows overlooking the property.
- The treehouse has all the amenities you need for a relaxing stay.
- There are acres of hiking and nature trails and beaches minutes from the treehouse.
- The peaceful treehouse setting is great for remote working.
- The treehouse has a narrow spiral staircase leading to it that’s difficult to climb.
- Children, pets, and people with mobility problems cannot come to the treehouse.
Overall, we love the glass treehouse for its gorgeous natural setting, and beautiful indoor spaces, as it’s a terrific Northern California treehouse rental.
Treehouse in the Santa Cruz Mountains – Best Treehouse Hotel Santa Cruz Treehouse Rental
Source: vrbo.com Treehouse in the Santa Cruz Mountains – Best Santa Cruz Treehouse Rental
My boyfriend and I are returning guests at the Santa Cruz mountains treehouse, as it’s a terrific rental property nestled in redwoods with great beaches nearby. The gorgeous accommodation sits on 72 acres among a cathedral of Old Growth Redwoods, minutes from Silicon Valley and Santa Cruz.
We love this treehouse for its simple, rustic feel of this treehouse, which has lofty ceilings in the living space, solar string lights illuminating the outdoors, and an oak spiral staircase leading to the upstairs sleeping nest. Our favorite part was the tiny porch downstairs, which was furnished with a bistro dining set and is the perfect spot for sipping drinks and gazing at the pond and meadow.
Our host was George, a terrific guy and an even better host, as he’s responsive and ensures guests are comfortable.
So make sure to book the Santa Cruz mountains treehouse for your next weekend getaway, as it’s one of the best Northern California treehouse rentals. Here’s why:
- The unique amenities: This treehouse has incredible features like a vintage clawfoot bathtub under a canopy of trees, with a private gate to stay secluded, a library of old books collected over the years adorning the interior, and comfortable ottomans and a queen futon for lounging.
- The rustic living experience: The treehouse offers a living environment like you’re staying outdoors, with no electricity or running water, and solar and battery-powered lights instead, with the outdoor shower for cleaning up.
- The nearby towns: With Santa Cruz and Silicon Valley nearby, guests can try great restaurants and wineries, enjoy live music, and visit state parks for hiking and nature walks.
Our time at this treehouse was amazing, and we could hardly find fault with it. However, guests should note that there is no cooking, stoves, electricity, or running water in the treehouse, so they have to come with their own supplies.
- The treehouse is clean, cozy, and well-maintained.
- The host is friendly and responsive throughout your stay.
- The treehouse promises seclusion in the woods with no one around for miles.
- The treehouse is close to great outdoor activities and nature trails.
- There are rustic amenities and a real camping experience at this treehouse.
- There is no cooking equipment in the treehouse, and none is allowed, so guests have to visit the town for meals.
- There is limited cell service and Wi-Fi signals.
Overall, we had a terrific time at this treehouse with its remote nature and rustic amenities, and it’s a great rental for couples and lone travelers.
Magical Redwood Treehouse Santa Cruz – Best Romantic Treehouse rentals Northern California
Source: airbnb.com Magical Redwood Treehouse Santa Cruz – Best Romantic Treehouse rentals Northern California
The Northern California mountains are an amazing retreat for a romantic getaway, and the Magical treehouse guarantees just that. My boyfriend and I visited this treehouse on a local’s recommendation and celebrated a peaceful anniversary weekend here. The treehouse is also conveniently located close to major highways, Monterey, Carmel-by-the-Sea, Big Sur, Capitola, and downtown Santa Cruz.
We love the unique architecture of this treehouse, which has a live tree growing through the main living area, bathroom, and antique furnishings. My boyfriend especially loved the outdoor spaces, which had comfortable seating for two on a wooden deck and a hot tub for relaxing after a long day.
The treehouse is hosted by Mary Jane, a terrific host who ensures guests are comfortable and looked after.
So book the Santa Cruz romantic treehouse for a special occasion, and enjoy seclusion in the woods. Here’s why it’s one of the best Northern California treehouses:
- The amenities: The treehouse has a high bed, a full bathroom, a cozy kitchen with basic cooking tools, a hot tub on the outdoor deck, high-quality linens and furnishings, a TV and DVD player in the living room, and great outdoor furniture.
- The location: The treehouse is nestled in beautiful woods and close to the Monterey Bay area, which has world-famous art and music displayed, great cuisines, plus activities like golfing, surfing, hiking, biking, whale watching, and fishing from the water.
- The peaceful views: From the treehouse’s secluded location, large windows, and spacious decks, guests can enjoy stunning views of the private forest and the distant waters.
The only negative to our stay here was that the way to the treehouse was challenging, as it involved navigating a one-lane road to the property, then hiking two miles on a single-track trail to the treehouse.
- The treehouse is clean, well-maintained, and has beautiful furnishings.
- The host is friendly and responsive throughout your stay.
- The treehouse has all the basic amenities you need for a comfortable stay.
- The location is ideal for visiting nearby towns and state parks.
- You have a secluded patch of forest that promises privacy and remoteness in the woods.
- The path leading to the house is difficult to traverse multiple times daily.
Overall, this romantic treehouse promises an amazing time in the woods and is one of the best treehouse vacation rentals for couples and small groups.
Rustic Remote Treehouse @Sustainable Ecovillage – Best Treehouse Camping Northern California
Source: airbnb.com Rustic Remote Treehouse @Sustainable Ecovillage
Get ready to experience a real camping adventure from a sustainable permaculture farm in Northern California’s Six Rivers National Forest. My boyfriend and I spent a few days at this treehouse last summer and had the best time roughing it out in the woods and living sustainably amongst the farm and forest animals.
The lovely treehouse is located on 160 acres of working farm property and involves living in shared spaces with other guests and farm staff, such as a communal kitchen, bath house, and yard. We enjoyed the newfound experience of cooking with other people in the Hygge Hall, unwinding in the cozy sauna space, and living with little light and electricity (lots of early nights!)
The host, Dan, is always nearby on the property and ensures guests have a great time on the farm.
So don’t miss the opportunity to enjoy rustic living and see a farm in action at the Sustainable Ecovillage treehouse. Here’s why it’s one of the top Northern California tree house rentals:
- The location and views: The treehouse is perched on a sloping hill, with an outdoor deck facing the mountains and forests, which makes for stunning views.
- The rustic amenities: The treehouse offers a small stove for cooking, an indoor composting toilet, a hot shower in the bathhouse, basic cooking utensils in the kitchen area or communal cooking nearby, and battery-operated lights and candles.
- The animals: Guests will encounter farm animals during their stays, like guard dogs and chickens, and also see wildlife from the safety of their deck, like deer, foxes, black bears, and many insects and birds.
We loved getting to rough it out in the woods from this treehouse and didn’t face any problems during our stay. However, guests should note that there is limited cell service and Wi-Fi connectivity in the area, so they will have to drive some distance away to get signals.
- The treehouse is very clean, adequately furnished, and well-maintained.
- There are great communal spaces around the treehouse to interact with other guests.
- The treehouse offers stunning views of the area from its outdoor spaces.
- The host is friendly and resolves any issues guests face.
- There are rustic amenities in the treehouse which make for a great camping experience.
- There is limited cell service and Wi-Fi connectivity in the area.
So if you want to disconnect from the digital world and experience nature from a working farm, visit this amazing treehouse.
Winding Up The Best Treehouse Rentals Northern California
Northern California is your best destination for treehouse rentals in the US, as it offers serene locations in the woods, perfect for families, couples, small groups, and lone travelers. So you can select the best treehouse for your California getaway from the details mentioned in this article.
Looking for the best treehouse rentals for families? Book the Mt. Hermon treehouse and the treehouse in Santa Cruz mountains.
Need a treehouse for a fun camping weekend? Try the Rustic Remote treehouse in a sustainable ecovillage.
Want a treehouse for a romantic getaway in Northern California? Don’t miss the Magical Redwood treehouse in Santa Cruz.
Need a Northern California treehouse rental with the best views? Book the Tree Top Glass House in Inverness.
The best tree house northern California is your home away from home!
What’s the benefit of staying at the Redwood forest treehouse hotel San Francisco?
If you’re looking for a Redwood Forest treehouse rental, book the Cozy treehouse in San Francisco. This treehouse promises a hotel-style accommodation with terrific modern amenities, stunning views from the surrounding Redwood forest and canyon below, and is close to great parks and hiking trails.
Should I stay at the Redwood forest treehouse Airbnb San Francisco?
Northern California offers amazing treehouses for a weekend getaway in its Redwood forests, which you can rent from Airbnb for great rates. The Redwood forest treehouses in San Francisco are great for adventure lovers, travelers, and couples. They allow you to disconnect from your surroundings and reconnect among beautiful nature trails, wildlife, and rustic amenities.
Which is the best Airbnb treehouse San Francisco?
If you want to book a treehouse in San Francisco on Airbnb, book the Tree Top Glass House for the best views, modern amenities, and remote location in the woods. The treehouse has beautiful trails from the state parks nearby, a waterfront location facing Tomales Bay, and a great interior to enjoy views of the surrounding nature.
Should I rent the Airbnb Yosemite tree house?
The Yosemite treehouse is a great Northern California treehouse rental, close to Yosemite national park and offering a secluded environment in the woods. The treehouse lodge is a cozy retreat nestled in pine trees, with easy access to Yosemite Village, and stocked with all the amenities you need for a comfortable stay.
Which is the best luxury treehouse Northern California?
The luxury treehouse in Northern California is an amazing rental property on Airbnb for a glamping experience. The treehouse offers an outdoor deck overlooking a vineyard, high-quality furnishings and facilities, and easy access to town for shopping and dining out. However, the luxury treehouse’s beautiful interior and serene environment will ensure you never want to leave!
Last Updated on October 27, 2023 by Brian